Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #31
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
No problems on my phone
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #32
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Does it for me on google too, Pretty nice slap in the face too all the premie's who donate money to keep the site free and clear of issues like this, least you could do is fix the actual issue, or feel free to refund people.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:04 PM   #33
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exactly. I know I won't be renewing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #34
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Anyone know of a good alternative forum?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #35
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Anyone know of a good alternative forum?
http://schassis.boards.net/

Work in Progress, but I found this.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #36
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The site has bassically been garbage for the last year or so. I had issues where everytime i would visit the site wierd audio ads would start playing in the background. I had to install adblocker with would constantly show 10+ adds that where considered intrusive ads. I brought this up last year but no one ever responded. Makes me think all the mods are dead.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #37
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
zilvia.net works then if i navigate to anywhere with zilvia.net/f/ in it i get the malware warning.
yomisiu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #38
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Shit, does this site even still have mods? I'm friends with a few of the OG mods but holy shit this place has gone to the dogs...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #39
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Sorry this took a minute! We tracked it down. It seems the website, **************** has lapsed its expiration and has since been acquired by "hackers" who prey on expired domains to inject code. You shouldn't have to worry much, since the website is hosting blank pages, but Google always airs on the side of caution if its been detected.

Anyways, there were very specific threads that still linked to **************** and we have since edited those postings to remove the embedded images. This happens quite often, but I assure you Zilvia's is safe and secure, unfortunately these warnings happen quite often in sites/forums who embed images/links from all over the web. We could require all images come from zilvia.net domain, but believe the user experience would be greatly diminished if we went in that direction.

In case you're curious, **************** was linked form the purple 300zx threads like this one.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=5630733

It should clear up in a day, Google is reviewing.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #40
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Solid.

Now about that captcha for all the spam...

Old 03-17-2015, 01:26 AM   #41
FLG
Leaky Injector

FLG is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're looking for a good captcha that isn't infuriating for normal users look at Googles reCAPTCHA.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #42
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
Solid.

Now about that captcha for all the spam...

This. Go through and delete all the spam accounts, and further prevent new ones with a captcha.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #43
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Thanks for the fix West, no issues today!
Old 03-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #44
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
The site has bassically been garbage for the last year or so. I had issues where everytime i would visit the site wierd audio ads would start playing in the background. I had to install adblocker with would constantly show 10+ adds that where considered intrusive ads. I brought this up last year but no one ever responded. Makes me think all the mods are dead.
I had this issue and it turned out to be a bunch of garbage ad plug ins on my browser that had to be removed.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #45
DKnissanman
Zilvia Member

DKnissanman is an unknown quantity at this point
site is all good now
DKnissanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #46
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
I'll volunteer to be a mod to get rid of inactive accounts. I love deleting shit. LOL

Good to see you're still around though West. I was starting to get worried that my days of browsing for wheels were coming to an end.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #47
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Can we empower a few premies to go on spam patrol? If not that, I think its time to captcha to try to filter some of these damn bots out.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #48
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Can we empower a few premies to go on spam patrol? If not that, I think its time to captcha to try to filter some of these damn bots out.

This x a thousand.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:07 PM   #49
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
In the last 18 months this has been posted at least 20 times, probably a lot more if you count specific people asking to help. It is the same problem, and nothing is done. I have given up expecting it to change.....

It is kind of sad that you have people walking up to the fire with buckets of water trying to help, and the owner of the home saying hang on I will get around to it when I have a few minutes.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #50
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
In the last 18 months this has been posted at least 20 times, probably a lot more if you count specific people asking to help. It is the same problem, and nothing is done. I have given up expecting it to change.....

It is kind of sad that you have people walking up to the fire with buckets of water trying to help, and the owner of the home saying hang on I will get around to it when I have a few minutes.

Exactly. I mean shit, they made Doridorki a freaking mod, why not add a few others. There are a dozen or more level headed vets here that would do a good job at it.

Every morning I open tapatalk and see a billion new threads about muscle pills, free passports and iPhones cheap.

I don't see this problem on any other forum I frequent.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #51
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Like i said. I'm willing to help too. I've been here for a while and have a good idea of what should and shouldn't be getting posted. Used to be a Premie until the site started going to poo poo.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #52
Corbic
Post Whore!

Google Safe Browsing is flagging Zilvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Like i said. I'm willing to help too. I've been here for a while and have a good idea of what should and shouldn't be getting posted. Used to be a Premie until the site started going to poo poo.

Yeah, I won't be re-upping in June when it expires.

Vote with your dollars.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #53
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews

Good luck to this place!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #54
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

So about this captcha...chat forum has at least 10 new spam threads in it right now.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #55
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What will be the replacement for Zilvia I wonder... It's becoming apparent that this place is languishing.

I came here when Freshalloy was dying.

I cant stand any other 240sx forums. Nico and 240sx Forums have always been inundated with idiots.

This place could really use a big overhaul. I say consolidate the 25+ different sub-forums into 4-5 sub-forums.

Close the open registration, and make new potential members apply by requiring them to show a picture of their S or Z car and a brief synopsis of why they want to be part of the forum and what they can bring to the table... This would greatly cut down on the redundant threads that new and clueless members make, as well as cut out all of the spam accounts.

I also think Zilvia is losing out on a good opportunity to fund this site through printing calendars with member's cars... like that one year we did it.

I'd like to see Zilvia have a real home page, with information and photos acquired through the exchanges on the forums all these years compiled into an organized and visually appealing encyclopedia of S and Z car knowledge.

I would be happy to help with any of this if there is an interest in the direction I believe Zilvia should take.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #56
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
What will be the replacement for Zilvia I wonder... It's becoming apparent that this place is languishing.

I came here when Freshalloy was dying.

I cant stand any other 240sx forums. Nico and 240sx Forums have always been inundated with idiots.

This place could really use a big overhaul. I say consolidate the 25+ different sub-forums into 4-5 sub-forums.

Close the open registration, and make new potential members apply by requiring them to show a picture of their S or Z car and a brief synopsis of why they want to be part of the forum and what they can bring to the table... This would greatly cut down on the redundant threads that new and clueless members make, as well as cut out all of the spam accounts.

I also think Zilvia is losing out on a good opportunity to fund this site through printing calendars with member's cars... like that one year we did it.

I'd like to see Zilvia have a real home page, with information and photos acquired through the exchanges on the forums all these years compiled into an organized and visually appealing encyclopedia of S and Z car knowledge.

I would be happy to help with any of this if there is an interest in the direction I believe Zilvia should take.
I love where your head is at, but the registration process needs a bit more thought. If we are too aggressive with new registrants it could cause more harm than good for the future of the site.

I do like the other ideas.The new forum designed of vBoards are a little, odd. this version, albeit old, meets the core function of a forum.

I will be willing and able to help with any of this, as well. I know there are a ton of other "premies" & veterans that are as well.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #57
Corbic
Post Whore!

^ absolutely

I'd create 3 member levels.

Premium (paid), Verified (as you said) and Prospect (open).

To post you'd have to be a Premie or Veri, Prospects would be able to read the forums and post for sale adds. You don't want to strangle the most active section.

Turn he place into a more crew/club/members only atmosphere. Something people are proud to be a part of. Blood in Blood Out shit.

As you said, raise revenue to help overhaul. Stickers, Shirts, Calendars, exclusive trinket crap. Hell, Dori certainly has the ability to do half of that on his own.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:19 AM   #58
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

I know of several forums that have the "member levels" sort of setup. I think we need something to weed out the obvious spam accounts. New members could have a post limit or something of the sort until being able to post threads or sale adds.

I pretty much agree with all the points made in the last three posts. A dedicated homepage with FSM's, how-to's & write-ups would be great and save everyone the hassle of searching and or posting useless threads.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #59
Mister.E
Post Whore!

All i'm saying is that we are trying to save a forum that we have all grown to love. If the current mod staff is no longer active/interested, please let us help. I'd hate to have this place disappear, as most forums have with the growing popularity of Facebook.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:13 AM   #60
Kaomon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (77)
Kaomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
In all honestly, I have been complaining and already brought up the subject that we need more mods.... mods that actually moderate the site rather than pushing their products here (ie:t-shirts/aero stuff) which equivalent to a conflict of interest. When mods stop caring that's when everything goes down hill and people take advantage of it, and then everything plummets- which is the sad reality of what's on-going here. For instance the relatively new marketplace rules (discarding the 2 bump rule), I interpret the new change from the mod's point of view, "I'm too lazy to enforce this old rule, even though I am given the responsibility of a marketplace mod, but hey I'll try to be a trendsetter here and start "cool" threads that are subjective to my opinion, and hey..... it'll give me a chance to sell my own stuff here, and not really moderate things here.....right? that's cool"

It's really a shame to see this forum plummet for the worst within this last year.....

For reference my previous thread about my dis-satisfaction:

Puzzled with Market Section?
Are the Mods Absent in the Marketplace or What?
Kaomon is offline   Reply With Quote