Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-19-2001, 11:27 AM   #1
Scott

I stumbled upon the Zilvia message board, and though Id ask you a question.

My friend has a 95 240 with some problems. For one, the drivers window suddenly dropped down one day (it was broken into a week previous) and now the window doesn't move. The "auto down" actuator clicks, but the motor makes NO sound. I hooked wires direct from the battery to the motor, and NOTHING. It gets very very hot though. Do you think the motor is fried? If so, how hard is it to change, and where can I get one CHEAP!

Next, she has problems with it leaking water. She had the radiator and the thermostat replaced, but it leaks worse and worse by the day. There is NO leaks from the radiator or the water canister. When jacking the car up running, you see water dripping down from the drivers side around the oil pan. Could this be a head gasket leak? Or a cracked block? OR is that where the lower hose runs to the engine to the radiator?

If you could answer these questions I would be much appreciative.

Scott Kaskawitz

If you could respond via email i would rather you do that.  I check it quite frequently.  [email protected]

(Edited by Scott at 11:27 am on May 19, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2001, 07:56 AM   #2
Scott

No one knows?
Old 05-24-2001, 09:06 AM   #3
Immolator

Trader Rating: (0)
Immolator is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Since no one has replied to you I'll give it a shot.  I don't know much about power windows but if the window was broken and replaced it sounds like the installer messed up the mechinisim that lifts the window.  I don't think the motor is bad because you say that it gets hot which implies that it is trying to move but can't.  However, there is a smaller possiblity that the motor was damaged if the window as forced down during the breaking.  Any way.  If an installer replaced the window take it to them first. They should look at if for free.  If they didn't put a new one in then I would disconnect the motor from the arm that raises the window and try to move the window by hand.  If it seems to bind up then check the track and arm for any damage.  Also, check the motor at the same time since it doesn't have a load.  If the motor works then you know it's the arms or track.  If the motor doesn't work then it might be burned out.

For the radiator.  I sounds like the hose was not put on properly during the radiator service.  That is the intake for the engine cooling.  The return is on the top.  While the engine is cold, remove the clamp and slide the hose off.  Check for damage to the hose and replace it if needed.  A new hose is like $5 from and local auto parts store.  Don't get it from the dealer, you will pay a lot more.

I hope this helps. Drop me an email if you figure it out. [email protected]
Immolator is offline   Reply With Quote