Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:53 PM   #1
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13 JDM fog light button to factory fog light circuit

Anyone use a JDM Silvia S13 fog light button for the factory fog light/DRL circuit in 240s?

The JDM button has 6 pins, but the factory fog light circuit only uses the lower 4

If anyone has a wiring diagram of the OEM fog light circuit and/or the Silvia fog light button, that'd be awesome, too

I found a couple semi-related threads, but they're missing pictures and super old
DEGUZZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #2
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
Well, I was bored so I went to answer my own question. I found some old threads with dead pictures, so I figured I'd start a new write-up with my own pictures to help out people in 2020+ lol

Thankfully the JDM Silvia fog light button is plug and play for the 240SX factory fog light circuit

On the button, the #1 and #3 pairs of pins are the switch

The middle pins (#2) are to power the button's light:

Under the dash, you'll find a black connector with a dust cover, tied up and tucked away:

Pull it through the cluster bezel and connect the button

Then you'll head to the relay box behind the driver side headlight, by the airbox:

You'll need to add a blue relay (PO# 25230-C9980) to the empty space [FR FOG]:

Cover it back up, and reinstall anything you removed to access it

Next we'll head to the part of the harness right next to the battery to find the fog light harness connector.

You'll definitely need to take the battery out to find it:

I found mine tucked under the harness by the corner plugged with a cover. It's a really short branch off the harness so you can't pull it out very far:

If you want to make your own sub harness, Wiring Specialties has a connector that matches:

>>S13 SR20 Knock Sensor Connector (Sensor side)

Pins on the harness-side connector:

When you have your sub-harness made accordingly, connect it to whatever you're trying to power and that should be that!

The only downside with using the factory circuit is that the low beams need to be ON for the button to turn anything on/off--no headlights, no fog lights

I was hoping I could turn them on with the at least the parking lights, and off when I'm not using any lights, but it's not wired that way unfortunately. If that's a circuit you can work with, there you have it
Old 11-20-2020, 11:56 PM   #3
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This is awesome! Thank you for this. Have actually been looking into this same thing after I found the fog connector under the dash and realized what it was and starting trying to figure out how much of the fog harness was actually in the car.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Dam this is legit write up.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:18 AM   #5
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome write up, I have one on here from the early 2000’s for the 89-90 s13 the plug is a small black connector by the battery, also you can mate the fog lamp button from an early 90’s maxima to the pop up light button by taking them apart so it looks like factory and not have a useless button on your dashboard
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 01:06 PM   #6
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Was there ever an actual US S13 fog light accessory installed on an actual car? Anyone have an original window sticker? The '92 brochure shows them in a photo but doesn't list them, the '91 and '93 brochure mentions them, but I can't remember ever seeing a set in real life. They show big square fogs that look like the ones on the Maxima SE or Sentra SE-R... or like the 1990-only Canadian DRLs.

The US parts diagram lists 25370-35F00 as a fog light switch for the entire US S13 production run - it appears to be identical to this button based on where it fits - but the 1993 fastback wiring diagram book I have labels the fog light circuit connectors as 'NOT USED'. Also this switch ends up occupying the same real estate as the main cruise control switch so presumably those options couldn't coexist on the same car.

The US parts diagram also does not list a fog light assembly itself, even though it does have the other dealer or port installed accessories like the add-on CD player.

There's also a version of the fog light switch that goes in place of the coin holder, where the rear wiper/washer goes on the SE fastback, next to where the JDM 180SX headlight retract switch goes. This 180SX cluster surround has both... I know there was a quad fog setup on some koukis:

This switch seems to be 25370-50M01 as listed in the JDM parts diagrams, listed for all 180SX chuki and kouki. No idea what kind of pinout it has, can't find a picture of the backside.

Edit: found it. It's only 4-pin, non-illuminated.

https://aucview.aucfan.com/yahoo/o1056876427/

Also found this one in Japan that has a short jumper harness which looks like it'd fit the stock harness.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/n1006798950

Last edited by AKADriver; 10-09-2022 at 01:54 PM..
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:35 PM   #7
hiimelvin

hiimelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
This 180SX cluster surround has both... I know there was a quad fog setup on some koukis:
The fog switch on the lower right is a rear fog light switch. You can see the lines are pointed straight back and to the right; not to the left and down towards the ground like the front fog switch has.
hiimelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:27 AM   #8
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Hm, you're right about the icon but I don't know if I've ever seen a 180SX rear fog. Only on 200SXs with the larger rear bumper cutout. There's also none in the parts diagrams. I wonder if that's a 200SX switch that made its way to Japan, but the 200SXs I've seen had a defrost button there (and a headlight leveling control in place of the coin slot).

I was thinking of this kouki 180SX fog light kit but that seems to have used a double throw switch labeled I/II.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote