Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #31
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ferrariowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice! How much you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

-Kyle
ferrariowner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #32
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Got my trunk lid installed. Was pretty annoying solo trying to keep the springs on both sides down while holding the lid even to get the bolts in

Its mega dirty in this picture. Also, I had to raise the lower latch for the lid to catch and stay closed. Its a little too high right now, I will try adjusting it a little bit lower this weekend to line up the tail lights a little better
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #33
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

I also got my front coilovers lowered a bit the other day so now the rears and fronts are pretty even. (These are terrible pictures...sorry). Id like to do another 1 to 1.5 inch drop all around. Dont want to get too crazy, my apartment complex has like 10 speed bumps of varying heights from my unit to the front of the neighborhood, its way overkill

Old 01-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #34
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Got this in today, to be installed this weekend. Thanks to RussellM for the sweet deal

Welcome to JB's chop shop, hahaha probably what my neighbors think
Old 01-17-2014, 03:34 AM   #35
bosoS14russ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bosoS14russ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suuuuubbbbscribed lol..builds coming along amazing dude and i love your patients for your build it will pay off trust me man. o yea dont forget to tuck that wire harness under the driver fender lol
bosoS14russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #36
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks dude, I appreciate it! Glad someone likes it
Old 01-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #37
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Sorry guys, hit my bandwidth limit until the 20th. I guess it wasnt a good idea to have so many pictures on the 1st page lol
Old 01-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #38
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Hey dudes, can you please help out. I sold my stock t25 and sent the person the hard lines and drain tube -- I guess I sent them the bolts to the drain tube as well, does anyone know what size they are?

As a side note, I bolted up my DIF clocking adapters to my turbo and went to bolt up the circuit sports elbow that I have. Turns out it doesnt fit for shit. I then looked it up and found out that a bunch of people had issues with it fitting and they have since released a v2 and v3, Im guessing I have version 1... :\

This makes me worry about my circuit sports downpipe as well. I have been looking at the poweredbymax cobra 1 piece elbow/flex section/downpipe and its looking better and better...
Old 01-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #39
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Hey dudes, can you please help out. I sold my stock t25 and sent the person the hard lines and drain tube -- I guess I sent them the bolts to the drain tube as well, does anyone know what size they are?
Ended up using M8-1.25x20mm with a crush washer in case anyone else wanted to know.

Awesome turbo elbow fitment:

Im actually talking to Enjuku right now about possibly getting some kind of credit for it. It's a long shot since I purchased it in Oct. 2012, but I havent used it and am just now test fitting and seeing that it will not work.

Replaced the o rings on my injectors
Off with the old:

On with the new!

DIF clocking adapters:

Oil restrictor. Get it right, get it tight!

Also installed the kouki bumper. I had some trouble because none of the retaining clip spots match up with the brackets on my bumper support. I also could not keep the styrofoam behind bumper.

No way to mount the license plate... I just found out theres an oem bracket you can get but I wasn't able to locate one

I currently have it ghetto zip tied via a chain of small zip ties running to the single hole at the top (probably what that bracket mounts to) and have it pushed into the 2 lips on the bottom. I drove it to work today and didnt find it hanging off the back or worse, gone, so... I dont know. Ill have to figure that one out.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #40
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
nice. are you getting rid of that SE lip then? i'll take it.
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #41
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Lol yes I will be, still need to talk to Fever Racing to see how much they'll charge me for the fender welding to do the front conversion first. Also pending some hood hinges since this clip didnt come with them
Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #42
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i love this thread....

i guess a redtop s13 swap would be a good choice for my 95 zenki se... i am considering it. This threads confirms my thoughts of just breakin' down and getting one after tax time
Old 01-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #43
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

You should do it man!!

I cant comment on how fun it is to drive just yet lol
But, the project has been both fun and a learning experience. If you dont plan on keeping the car forever, just toss the motor in there when you get it and have fun with maad skids
Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #44
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

well i just got notified of a huge change in my income which would allow for a ton more to be done to my 95 se zenki.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #45
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

That's great man, congrats! Its not always about how much you make but really how much you spend. Up until this past year, I purchased everything on a very tight budget. If you want something bad enough you can live a frugal life to get the things that you want
Old 01-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #46
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
That's great man, congrats! Its not always about how much you make but really how much you spend. Up until this past year, I purchased everything on a very tight budget. If you want something bad enough you can live a frugal life to get the things that you want
i know all about the tight budget, haha.

hopefully with this upcoming opportunity i will be doing alot more.

car looks great btw.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #47
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
If you want to make a decent bracket just get two small strips of sheet metal/aluminum. bend two 90 deg L's drill a hole in each end, use a Nissan self tapping 10mm bolt and drill into the bumper support and screw the brackets onto the bumper support, then mount the license plate to the L brackets using a bolt/nut. Its what I did and has worked great for months.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:56 AM   #48
Kwolfe
Zilvia Member

Kwolfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Love that black paint with rainbow flake!
Kwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #49
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwolfe View Post
Love that black paint with rainbow flake!
Thanks bud. Its duplicolor "Clear effex". The pictures dont really do any of those parts justice; they are a real smooth gloss black until the light hits it just right and you see the flake.

Anyways, no real progress made these past 2 weeks. 2 weekends ago I got a chance to go see my favorite metal band, Amon Amarth, which was amazing.

This past weekend I didnt have a lot of time so I just did a little tinkering. I got some hoses/lines from vatozone and started replacing everything behind the intake manifold, on the intake manifold, and on the fuel rail. I didnt get to finish and I only took these few photos, sorry!

I got the quote for getting the s15 front end on and unfortunately it's more than what the front clip cost me. Ive seen their work and I know its professional; all the lines will match up, etc. It was a bit much to swallow, about double what I was expecting. I am going to worry about getting my motor wrapped up and installed first and then see about having them do the body work for me.

Still waiting to hear back from enjuku/circuitsports about a possible credit for my fubar turbo outlet. I was looking on frsport's page at the tomei outlets and they have 3 different part #'s for what appears to be the same part. Pending a response from them on what the deal is before I order one
Old 02-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #50
enderr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
enderr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Thanks bud. Its duplicolor "Clear effex". The pictures dont really do any of those parts justice; they are a real smooth gloss black until the light hits it just right and you see the flake.

Anyways, no real progress made these past 2 weeks. 2 weekends ago I got a chance to go see my favorite metal band, Amon Amarth, which was amazing.

This past weekend I didnt have a lot of time so I just did a little tinkering. I got some hoses/lines from vatozone and started replacing everything behind the intake manifold, on the intake manifold, and on the fuel rail. I didnt get to finish and I only took these few photos, sorry!

I got the quote for getting the s15 front end on and unfortunately it's more than what the front clip cost me. Ive seen their work and I know its professional; all the lines will match up, etc. It was a bit much to swallow, about double what I was expecting. I am going to worry about getting my motor wrapped up and installed first and then see about having them do the body work for me.

Still waiting to hear back from enjuku/circuitsports about a possible credit for my fubar turbo outlet. I was looking on frsport's page at the tomei outlets and they have 3 different part #'s for what appears to be the same part. Pending a response from them on what the deal is before I order one
sick build. amon amarth is kickass saw them live
Old 02-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #51
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck yeah! Amon Amarth! Too bad they cancelled their show here in NC due to snow -_-. I really wanted to see them and Enslaved. Motor is looking great! I am currently doing the same thing with mine.

After seeing the pic of you replacing your hoses underneath your intake manifold...I feel I need to take mine back off and go to vatozone and get some hose too smh.
I probably should do that before my motor goes in. Any idea on a part number for the ones you got?
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #52
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Aw man thats unfortunate, the show was incredible. Skeletonwitch and Enslaved were really good as well but only did short like 30 minute sets.

I actually used positron's old sr20det build thread for the part numbers for the lines behind the intake manifold--
#4427 for the curvy piece
#4374 for the straight piece (it is a curved line that I cut at the elbow)
#4427 for the smaller straight piece (note: same part # as the curvy piece, its the same diameter so just ask them for a straight piece of that size or buy a 2nd curvy piece and chop off the straight end)

For the lines on the actual manifold and the IACV feed/return and the fuel rail, I actually just brought everything in with me. They took me in the back and we matched up everything. Theres 1 large size, 1 medium size that is pretty common for most of the lines, and then 1 pretty skinny size for the fuel lines
Old 02-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #53
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Aw man thats unfortunate, the show was incredible. Skeletonwitch and Enslaved were really good as well but only did short like 30 minute sets.

I actually used positron's old sr20det build thread for the part numbers for the lines behind the intake manifold--
#4427 for the curvy piece
#4374 for the straight piece (it is a curved line that I cut at the elbow)
#4427 for the smaller straight piece (note: same part # as the curvy piece, its the same diameter so just ask them for a straight piece of that size or buy a 2nd curvy piece and chop off the straight end)

For the lines on the actual manifold and the IACV feed/return and the fuel rail, I actually just brought everything in with me. They took me in the back and we matched up everything. Theres 1 large size, 1 medium size that is pretty common for most of the lines, and then 1 pretty skinny size for the fuel lines
oh wow. I also tried to search those part numbers from positrons thread few weeks ago on Autozone website and nothing came up . I guess I will just take those part numbers in with me. Appreciate the help man! Keep the updates coming!
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #54
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

you know what, when I went into the store with the numbers they typed them in and nothing came up and then they had to do some kind of "related" search to find them. I dont think that they are autozone's part numbers, but they will be able to find them there
Old 02-10-2014, 05:41 AM   #55
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

So I got a couple things done this weekend, only snapped two pictures unfortunately and Ill have to upload them later when I get home.

I got pretty much all of the coolant and vacuum lines associated with the intake manifold area all hooked up, and the intake manifold bolted up. I got my exhaust manifold connected to the turbo, the fittings and lines onto the turbo, and finally the mani/turbo bolted to the block.

I noticed the other day that my tires were rubbing the springs on my coilovers. I went and bought some 6mm wheel spacers and while I had the car jacked up I decided to lower it all around. I dropped another 2 inches and ran into some problems – I ran out of daylight so Ill have to wait to address these

-The car is currently too low to drive, the tires are rubbing the fenders :\
-The car is too low to jack up, my jack got stuck when I removed the jack stands and I had to use a scissor jack to lift the side up. I guess Ill need to get some ramps or some 2x4’s to drive up on
-One of my front hubs has a stud that is a ΒΌ” shorter than the others. Now with the 6mm wheel spacer, there’s not enough stud to get the lug nut threaded on at all, and I only have 4 lug hubs

So I went ahead and ordered some 5 lug hubs last night and Im just going to buy some new wheels. I am thinking 17x9.5 +12 all around with 235/40/17 tires with a slight fender roll, do you all think that will be alright fitment? Would really appreciate any advice. I started browsing through the wheel fitment thread but it seems like most people over there are running crazy large wheels
Old 02-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #56
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Well here are some of the updates that I owe:

Old 02-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #57
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Got these in today..
1 1/16 Z32 BMC

Some contano 5 lug wheel hubs

The "wheels are rolling" so to speak...
Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #58
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

this thing is such a money pit
Old 02-15-2014, 04:27 AM   #59
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hurry and install the engine.
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #60
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Haha man, you have no idea how badly I would like to! You have to remember that I am doing this mostly by myself and I am not very knowledgeable; everything I know I have learned from just reading others' build threads. I really do envy the people on here who do these projects with their dads, at their parents' homes with huge garages, or those who have friends that are basically mechanics. Ive got a buddy who comes by and helps here and there but he knows about the same as much as I do.

So today I went driving around. Hit up home depot and got some wood for some "steps" to drive my car up onto so I can jack it up now.

Went to the local Midas and asked to buy a junk tire. I told them I needed it to set a motor on so I can get the flywheel/clutch/tranny bolted up. They gave me a pretty large tire for free actually, just said send them some business -- sweet deal!

Swung by advance to get some p/s fluid. Out of curiosity I asked about ordering a rack & pinion so I can stop wasting money on my leaky one. They'll charge $135 + my core for a re-manufactured one, something to consider when I've got the motor out. I'm going to check out NAPA as well and see what they tell me before pulling the trigger.

Can someone please answer some questions for me? Every time I ask, nobody responds, I could really use some help:

Where do those 2 lines go? I think that the one coming off of the FPR goes to the large nipple on the throttle body, but I'm not positive. And the other (that's cut short in this picture)? No clue.

Also:

Where do these 2 go, also coming off of the FPR? There are 2 small nipples on the throttle body, do they just go to the top and bottom? Ive got new lines to put on the T, but didnt want to cut them until I knew the length that I needed. THANKS!!!

Tonight's plans are to:
get my turbo lines bolted onto the block as they are just hanging there.
drill out the hole on my quest alternator and get it bolted up (missing the locking nut for the long bolt that goes on the bottom :\)
crack open my tranny to install the new shifter bushing and shifter gasket
install nismo mount on tranny
possibly drop the motor onto that tire and bolt up my flywheel/clutch

Is this too ambitious?? lol