Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
1.5JZ Zenki build

Been running S13s for a few years. Figured it was time for a change.

Purchased a 95 S14 SE non ABS and no sunroof

fixed a couple minor issues that would drive me crazy later if left alone

things were done

updated the headlights and threw on aero

now messing with this

this

and fitting these

currently waiting on parts to finish up fitting the motor so I can get the shifter extension done and driveshaft made.

Last edited by S13project; 02-05-2015 at 10:16 PM..
S13project is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
finished up the front suspension bits

no more KA

1.5JZ test fit with Excessive brackets and Drift Freaq motor mounts

after a good bit of waiting, the Quiksilver twin scroll manifold arrived
Old 01-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

changing out the 17" original step lips Equips (not original specs at all tho)

to 18" meisters

also. am trying to find a pair of USDM zenki headlights with good mounting points (that are under 200) so I can build another set of the chaser retrofit headlights and make a thread on the process.

for now here's the couple pics i did take:

all you need from the zenki headlight

shaved down chaser headlight

chaser guts in the zenki frame

after everything has completely cured

Last edited by S13project; 02-05-2015 at 10:19 PM..
S13project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Off to very nice and clean start....did buy those headlights or fully customized? Looking for a set of headlights myself....
Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Scherz Daddy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Scherz Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Scherz Daddy
I love that front bumper, which one is it?
Scherz Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvi22003 View Post
Off to very nice and clean start....did buy those headlights or fully customized? Looking for a set of headlights myself....
Its definitely a much slower build than I was planning, but it always come down to parts availability. I retrofitted the headlights with the help of a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherz Daddy View Post
I love that front bumper, which one is it?
Its the GT Rodeo Special (Rocket Bunny) bumper
Old 01-01-2015, 01:43 AM   #7
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

one year later.....and nothing much has gotten done:

tubbed the front fenders

thought this was the way it was going to go.....

sold the built 1.5JZ and picked up these, all very similar specs, to fit with the ZG flares

....then this happened

now need to sell all those wheels and pick up ones that will fit the TRA V2 flares without needing 30mm spacers.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:36 AM   #8
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Subscribed. Loving the build. Any pics of how much did you shave off of the back of the zenki housing?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #9
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sold the built 1.5JZ and picked up these, all very similar specs, to fit with the ZG flares

STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #10
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Subscribed. Loving the build. Any pics of how much did you shave off of the back of the zenki housing?
behind the strut tower? I just beat the crap out of it. lower firewall inside wheel well? I just beat the crap out of it.

If not those then I am not sure what you are asking about.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #11
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Sorry my bad lol, I meant the zenki headlight housings for the chaser retrofit and do you have any pics of the back of the headlights after completion? Also how is the light distribution at night with them?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #12
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

This is the housing without the plastic or chrome lenses:

This is all that was needed for the retrofit:

Chaser headlight housing trimmed down to necessity:

Glued and sealed

Honestly the light output isnt terrible, but I would not want to be driving in the mountains at night with any rain or fog. The light is there its just not directed correctly. If/when I build another set I will more than likely retrofit a LHD correct projector setup into the chaser housings.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #13
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Thanks for the info. I was considering this as an option if I don't retrofit my current headlights. I have jdm housings with clear lenses at the moment and the output is terrible lol. The chaser retrofit with proper projectors does sound interesting though.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #14
Drifting Kalamari
Zilvia Member

Drifting Kalamari is an unknown quantity at this point
Omfg, if I still had a Zenki front end I'd LOVE to hav those headlights! They're gorgeous!!!
Drifting Kalamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #15
joshfng

joshfng is an unknown quantity at this point
Love it! Where did you find that v2 widebody? I can only seem to locate v1
joshfng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #16
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy shit that kit makes those wheels look like 15s lol. Sick build. Being from Georgia, I've heard about the great work you guys do up at Koru Works. Subbed.
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:20 AM   #17
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfng View Post
Love it! Where did you find that v2 widebody? I can only seem to locate v1
Got it through my shop KoruWorks. If you want one let us know. We do not keep them in stock so it will take some time once ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Eight View Post
Holy shit that kit makes those wheels look like 15s lol. Sick build. Being from Georgia, I've heard about the great work you guys do up at Koru Works. Subbed.
Yea the V2 completely engulfs 18s. Almost considering 19s, but the cost per tire is damn insane. Maybe a set of 19s just for rollers, but stick with 18s for drifting. Always nice to hear we are getting love from the Atlanta community.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #18
Wheel Lounge
Leaky Injector

Wheel Lounge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Wheel Lounge
can't wait to see it done with the widebody! awesome build!
Wheel Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:17 PM   #19
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

progress is near turtle pace
Old 01-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #20
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Even unfinished it looks badass. What color are you guys thinking of going with?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:17 PM   #21
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Red on red with fancy color wheels
Old 01-31-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
Stein180sx
Leaky Injector

Stein180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
TEAM BLUE or BUST!!
Stein180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:57 PM   #23
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Stein the s14 won't be part of the TeamRowdy blue, but the cressy will be
Old 02-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #24
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Are those s13 fender flares? Could you get a better shot of the side/ rear quarter?
Old 02-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #25
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Awesome Build!
Loving the Trakyoto kit on this.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #26
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

yes they were meant for the s13 hatch. they somewhat fit the s14 since not that big of a difference.

thanks tougefactory!
Old 03-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #27
Henkkuli

Henkkuli is an unknown quantity at this point
Had to register on forum 'cause I'm in love with your RB build
Has there been any progress lately ?
Henkkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:12 AM   #28
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Currently building up the motor and making sure everything is nice and fresh while waiting on HKS cams. Picked up some new wheels that should fit the flares better. 18x11.5-30 rears. Still waiting on the fronts which will be 18x9.5-35.

One of the rears
Old 03-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #29
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

horry shet
Old 03-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #30
Ryanks14
Leaky Injector

Ryanks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait to see this car finished. I absolutely love the S13 flares and skirts. How much "massaging" was needed to fit them to the S14?

Props to you sir!
Ryanks14 is offline   Reply With Quote