Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-19-2019, 07:28 PM   #1771
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
As would I if all things are equal on the 97 and 98.

But I'd take a slightly cleaner 97 any day.

The price difference between model years makes sense for other cars with more differences, like FD's. 94 and 95's had more performance available options not limited to the R1/R2, they had better interior finishes, better interior color combinations, passenger air bags, better paint quality, different paint colors all on top of just being more rare.

So that's why I find it funny when people are like, "ninety fucking eighttttt!!!! Extremely RURRR!!" ..It was one of a smaller batch of identical s14's that rolled off the assembly line 12 months later, who gives a shit.
I get what you're saying. As someone that sizes up cars based of OEM color and mileage alone, I can honestly say nitpicking between '97 an '98 seems like nerd shit to me lol. If someone ever tried to offer me less because of that, I'd tell them to fuck right off.

Maybe not grumpy, but still bugging me: I feel like it's time to let my 240SX and two-tone go. I don't have any particular reasons. I feel like the S15 just ticks all the boxes and the need to have an S13 has finally ran its course.

Someone talk me off the ledge, or push me over. I'll do a flip.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #1772
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I get what you're saying. As someone that sizes up cars based of OEM color and mileage alone, I can honestly say nitpicking between '97 an '98 seems like nerd shit to me lol. If someone ever tried to offer me less because of that, I'd tell them to fuck right off.

Maybe not grumpy, but still bugging me: I feel like it's time to let my 240SX and two-tone go. I don't have any particular reasons. I feel like the S15 just ticks all the boxes and the need to have an S13 has finally ran its course.

Shitzzzzz, agreed but im in no position to jump on an s15. If i coukd i wouldnt hesitate to ditch my s14. Just gotta make due with what i got I guess
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:54 PM   #1773
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:

I hate having two of same car and it seems like the s13 is simply an inferior version of the s15, so I'd consider selling it. I like having one car to focus on.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #1774
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
I hate having two of same car and it seems like the s13 is simply an inferior version of the s15, so I'd consider selling it. I like having one car to focus on.
What, what the fuck did you just say....

Type-X is the pinicle in design and styling. S15 is inferior in every way.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:45 PM   #1775
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Type-X is played out and damn near everyone with an S13 only wants "type-x yo" parts even though its really not that great looking and never really was unless done in a few specific ways that almost no one can pull off anymore.

also, the correct name for those aero parts is actually 180sx kouki aero because "type-x" was nothing more than a trim level that started out on the 1994 180sx chuki model, but the internet and all its infinite wisdom has mislabeled it for over 15 years
fixed that for you

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #1776
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:

Oh if you want to argue looks, I might actually be inclined to agree.

...but *Morpheus voice* What if I told you you could own an SChassis that has ZERO mystery creaks and no road noise when driving?

I also agree with dorki, but there's a catch. The kouki 180SX look is totally 'overplayed'. FOUR cars come to mind IMMEDIATELY when I think of kouki aero and they are CONTINUALLY spammed on all social media. I love the kouki stuff...and I really don't go in for anything else on the hatch. HOWEVER, I'm tired of seeing it and I don't want to follow along. Yes, I know what else is out there. No, I don't like it enough to put it on my hatch.

it's not looking at the cars that gets me, it's spending multiple years driving rattleboxes that's finally whittled me down.

...and since my whole 'car-history' is on Zilvia anyway, I'll admit I was disillusioned by owning a SpecS. I knew about the added braces on the SpecR...but holy shit does it seem to make all the difference when it comes to eliminating road noise and chassis creaks.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #1777
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh if you want to argue looks, I might actually be inclined to agree.

...but *Morpheus voice* What if I told you you could own an SChassis that has ZERO mystery creaks and no road noise when driving?
Then buy a Corvette.

Quote:
I also agree with dorki, but there's a catch. The kouki 180SX look is totally 'overplayed'. FOUR cars come to mind IMMEDIATELY when I think of kouki aero and they are CONTINUALLY spammed on all social media. I love the kouki stuff...and I really don't go in for anything else on the hatch. HOWEVER, I'm tired of seeing it and I don't want to follow along. Yes, I know what else is out there. No, I don't like it enough to put it on my hatch.
Strongly disagree. I've actually never seen a Kouki on the road. Ever.

This is where the internet and real life diverge. Just because you see Koukis and TE37s all over Zilvia and IG doesn't mean they exist out in the wild.

If someone 1,500 miles away owns a car and spams pictures of it online, and that makes you feel your car isn't special enough.... You need to reevaluate why your into cars in the first place.

Spending money you don't have to impress people you don't know to win races you'll never race...

Quote:
it's not looking at the cars that gets me, it's spending multiple years driving rattleboxes that's finally whittled me down.

...and since my whole 'car-history' is on Zilvia anyway, I'll admit I was disillusioned by owning a SpecS. I knew about the added braces on the SpecR...but holy shit does it seem to make all the difference when it comes to eliminating road noise and chassis creaks.
Problem is a S13 is 26-30 years old now. That's automotive ancient.

Think about it, that would be like driving a Ford Model T around in the mid 60's during the launch of the Muscle Car Era.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #1778
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Anyone interested in a stock salvage kouki for $25k?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/...997138350.html
while you dip shits have been bantering about how rare this and that is, dude lowered his *asking* price to 17500. You see, this is the thing about selling... as a seller, you're allowed to list something at whatever price you desire. Just because you ask for X amount of dollars, does not mean you are going to get it. Do I get upset that this person is asking for a lot of money? Nope, not at all. There is a reason why his price got slashed, because his asking price was not realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
98 S14 kouki in stick (not converted) IS extremely rare. there were only a few hundred made in stick out of the 2000 odd S14s produced that year.
And this nerd mentality is the reason why some people eventually get their asking price. Because of pencil necked geeks who sit around notating all this useless information. If you care that its all original, stock manual trans -then good for you. Me personally, I could give a flying fuck as long as its been converted properly. And in the end what do you have? A shitty KA with a manual trans, as if that is something to fall in love with. Its nice, but this is why these cars... stock for stock, will never have the following of say an MKIV Supra Turbo or an NSX. Because in stock form, our cars suck cock.

The irony here is I would much rather have a 1995 MT w/ SR20DET and full JDM kouki aero. At least this way you have OBD1 vehicle that is easier to smog, got your proper engine/trans setup, and the exterior appearance.

Fuckin nerds
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #1779
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic;6361007I
f someone 1,500 miles away owns a car and spams pictures of it online, and that makes you feel your car isn't special enough.... You need to reevaluate why your into cars in the first place.
the sheer amount of S13 kouki aero parts i sell is nuts... soooo its not just some dude 1500 miles away. s13 kouki aero has turned into the most desired and popular aero parts for the s13 as of the last few years. has nothing to do with making my car "special enough", i just miss seeing variety in our scene

Old 10-21-2019, 05:44 AM   #1780
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the sheer amount of S13 kouki aero parts i sell is nuts... soooo its not just some dude 1500 miles away. s13 kouki aero has turned into the most desired and popular aero parts for the s13 as of the last few years. has nothing to do with making my car "special enough", i just miss seeing variety in our scene
When is the last time you saw a Kouki Hatch out in the wild? Not at a show or drift event, but just while walking into the Costco.

Kouki is popular because it's the best looking Aero. BN, Hot Road and SS require serious Ricer Dedication. G Sport looks like a Kouki knock off even though it predates it. Everything else is pretty much trash, especially Rocket Bunny.

Last edited by Corbic; 10-21-2019 at 08:31 AM..
Old 10-21-2019, 08:35 AM   #1781
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

The irony here is I would much rather have a 1995 MT w/ SR20DET and full JDM kouki aero. At least this way you have OBD1 vehicle that is easier to smog, got your proper engine/trans setup, and the exterior appearance.

Fuckin nerds
What is this Smog thing you speak of?

OBD1? Is that like R2D2 or something from the new movies?

Less popular opinion, Zenki S14 / BN Aero is best S14.

20 years later, this shit is still tits.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:28 AM   #1782
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:

Styling is subjective, but functionality the s15 is superior hands-down. Newer SR with VVT and GT28, better chassis, better suspension design, HID headlights, etc. Only things that suck about the s15 are the narrower fenders and Grand Am tail lights..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
while you dip shits have been bantering about how rare this and that is, dude lowered his *asking* price to 17500. You see, this is the thing about selling... as a seller, you're allowed to list something at whatever price you desire. Just because you ask for X amount of dollars, does not mean you are going to get it. Do I get upset that this person is asking for a lot of money? Nope, not at all. There is a reason why his price got slashed, because his asking price was not realistic.
We're in agreement here..I have just as much of a right to laugh my ass off at his price as he does asking $25k for a salvaged 1998 Nissan
Old 10-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #1783
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Styling is subjective, but functionality the s15 is superior hands-down. Newer SR with VVT and GT28, better chassis, better suspension design, HID headlights, etc. Only things that suck about the s15 are the narrower fenders and Grand Am tail lights..

We're in agreement here..I have just as much of a right to laugh my ass off at his price as he does asking $25k for a salvaged 1998 Nissan
We're taking about 240's here. Styling is all that matters.

Functionally a C5Z or C6Z are vastly superior to an S15 and will cost the same.

A FRBZ86 (freeezb 80-6) is half the price and a swap away from glory. It's alsp a newer, more solid chasis with none of the RHD Import nonsense..
Old 10-21-2019, 11:42 AM   #1784
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
We're taking about 240's here. Styling is all that matters.

Functionally a C5Z or C6Z are vastly superior to an S15 and will cost the same.

A FRBZ86 (freeezb 80-6) is half the price and a swap away from glory. It's alsp a newer, more solid chasis with none of the RHD Import nonsense..
True, but the desire for a car is never a black and white formula of performance for people. I don't ever see myself getting a Corvette. I'd go for a GT350. The unique engine, great aesthetics, phenomenal performance all while having a back seat check all the boxes for me. Low mileage examples are going for $40kish on BaT and I'm expecting them to go for cheaper when the GT500 comes out.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #1785
Corbic
Post Whore!

Just me or do the infamous Zilvia classifieds suck these days?

Used to seem like dozens of cars and parts got posted daily, doesn't seem like it anymore.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #1786
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:

Used to seem like dozens of cars and parts got posted daily, doesn't seem like it anymore.
zilvia has been dying over the years... its getting pretty bad now. Facebook has taken over the use of forums for the most part with their own forum system. browsing forums on a cell phone (even use talpatalk or whatever that stupid app is called) isnt fun and tends to feel very "archaic" to most younger folks now versus how Facebook has it formatted.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:30 PM   #1787
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
True, but the desire for a car is never a black and white formula of performance for people. I don't ever see myself getting a Corvette. I'd go for a GT350. The unique engine, great aesthetics, phenomenal performance all while having a back seat check all the boxes for me. Low mileage examples are going for $40kish on BaT and I'm expecting them to go for cheaper when the GT500 comes out.
Understood and agreed. I just use the Corvetes as examples because they are in that $15k-$30k range where all the R32s, JDM Imports and likely S15s would be.

It's like, you can buy a C5Z and just drive it. To match it with a S13/14 you'd be spending x2 as much and be constantly dealing with project/race car nonsense.

Lesson Learned bought > built unless your just into building. Looking back, buddies with Subaru just had their $18k, toss on an exhaust and BOV and are out snow drifting all winter. Meanwhile I was trying to source 5-lug hubs and solve wiring issues or what not.

Funnest cars I have had have been near stock minimal projects.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #1788
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
It's like, you can buy a C5Z and just drive it. To match it with a S13/14 you'd be spending x2 as much and be constantly dealing with project/race car nonsense.
true you can buy something nicer right off the lot that does more... but to some of us, theres just something more satisfying about building a classic car. you learn a lot more that way. dont get me wrong, would be nice to buy a brand new ecoboost Mustang or 4 cyl turbo Camaro off the lot and start from scratch with a brand new chassis, but at the end of the day... me personally, i love the fact that my S13 is nearing completion after 9 years of work and itll stay that way since im not really that interested in taking it out to the track and beating the shit out of it. im not 22 anymore and i like having a fully restored and built S13 hatch plus i get lots of instagram points that way LOL

Old 10-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #1789
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Then buy a Corvette.
You know if you hadn't posted about a muscle car I would've asked if you were feeling alright.

Quote:
trongly disagree. I've actually never seen a Kouki on the road. Ever.

This is where the internet and real life diverge. Just because you see Koukis and TE37s all over Zilvia and IG doesn't mean they exist out in the wild.

If someone 1,500 miles away owns a car and spams pictures of it online, and that makes you feel your car isn't special enough.... You need to reevaluate why your into cars in the first place.

Spending money you don't have to impress people you don't know to win races you'll never race...
I think you're reading into what I said a little too much. I'm not trying to impress, and I think my line of 'styling' kind of speaks to that.

I'm just tired of seeing it. With my eyes. Wherever it is. I'm from CA and there are at least 3 good Type X cars we all know from around my area. Then you log into IG and see the same few cars over and over again. I'm really just over it man.

Your post is kind of contradictory. You're saying I shouldn't care about what people think but then point out the rarity of kouki aero like turning heads IS a good thing. I've really never cared...hence this thread lol.

Other things I read but don't want to quote:

- That Hakone Edition 86 is super cool

- NSXs are definetly the shit, but the pricing on them is fucking ridiculous considering the new one is 'meh;

- Marketplace is totally shitty now. Maybe the forum IS dying. Sad to say.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #1790
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:

Yea i was on back in 2006-2010 years like everyday. Was always crazy deals and everytime i logged on there was pages of new classifieds added and the wheel whore thread was god like! Uhh i feel old now
Old 10-21-2019, 05:04 PM   #1791
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You know if you hadn't posted about a muscle car I would've asked if you were feeling alright.

I think you're reading into what I said a little too much. I'm not trying to impress, and I think my line of 'styling' kind of speaks to that.

I'm just tired of seeing it. With my eyes. Wherever it is. I'm from CA and there are at least 3 good Type X cars we all know from around my area. Then you log into IG and see the same few cars over and over again. I'm really just over it man.

Your post is kind of contradictory. You're saying I shouldn't care about what people think but then point out the rarity of kouki aero like turning heads IS a good thing. I've really never cared...hence this thread lol.
Quote:

Not contradictory. I'm not saying a Kouki turns heads. Fuck, most people will walk by thinking it's a Saturn or Ford Probe... Assuming they even remember those cars these days.

I'm just saying it's perception.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:14 PM   #1792
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14 kouki=honda prelude
Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #1793
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
S14 kouki=honda prelude
Three cheers!
Old 10-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #1794
Corbic
Post Whore!

Fucking stupid millennial click bait bullshit.

Fucking Evosnunder $10K...LMAO

Fucking Eclipse is USDM to the max, and anyone worth their salt knows it's the Gen 1 cars that are superior.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #1795
spooled240
Post Whore!

High mileage Evo 9's are $30k right now wtff

it's an econobox with a front diff and a turbo
Old 10-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #1796
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
High mileage Evo 9's are $30k right now wtff

it's an econobox with a front diff and a turbo
Naw, my budy sold his white 550whp Evo 9 with 56k miles for $25k
Old 10-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #1797
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Naw, my budy sold his white 550whp Evo 9 with 56k miles for $25k
That sounds about right. Heavily modified Evo's actually go for less. If it were stock he could have sold it for $35k.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #1798
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
That sounds about right. Heavily modified Evo's actually go for less. If it were stock he could have sold it for $35k.
Heavily modified? Lol, twin disk, injectors and turbo.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #1799
Corbic
Post Whore!

So much going on with this meme.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:45 AM   #1800
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Heavily modified? Lol, twin disk, injectors and turbo.
That is "pay someone $200 to get it smogged and get it impounded if you get pulled over" modified in CA.

They're sub-five-second cars stock. I giggle like a schoolgirl when a 2.2L 911S comes on cam, and that's a high-6, low-7 car.

Re: classifieds. Everything is super low effort now. Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo... like three shitty pictures and "seling nissn torbo for s13/14 chassy is good shape. upgrdng to griddy torbo. have manfold 2 if u wnt. hit me up"

I don't care how many times a car has been done with certain aero. If it's done well, it's done well. Almost every Type-X aero car I've seen is almost perfect but could benefit from a little tweaking.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote