Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
assk.88

Trader Rating: (0)
assk.88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA s14 '96

i am pulling these codes and cant figure it out ...

these three are due to the manual swap and egr delete so i am not worried about them ... just figured id let everyone know just in case it matters ...

p0705 park/neutral position sensor
p1400 EGR control solenoid valve
p1605 auto transmission communication cable

the two codes that are giving me trouble are

p0130 oxygen sensor/open loop control-right
p1320 primary ignition signal

the problem is while driving i will feel hesitation and when i go to stop and idle i will stall and/or experience very rough idle

so far i have listened to the injectors for inconsistency and they seem to be fine and checked and cleaned all connection on the distributor

as far as the o2 sensor when i removed it ... it was covered in black carbon build up ... so i cleaned it off and reinserted it into the bong

thanks for your help
assk.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
silver350z05rb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
silver350z05rb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
yes the first ones like you said are due to the swap and a Manual Ecu should get rid of the automatic codes,if you have a true 96 engine and lower harness, the vehicle should have 2 sensors, one on the exhaust manifold which is a 1 wire and one the downpipe with a 3 wire.(3 wire and 4 wire for kouki) if you havent, check the one you didnt remove and try cleaning it, sometimes codes appear because another code was triggered, so maybe your code 1320 is your real problem and is just triggering a code 0130, i have no info on code 1320, try google for your p1320 or see if anybody here has ever had experiance with it
silver350z05rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
TrueFreshness
Leaky Injector

TrueFreshness is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by assk.88 View Post
i am pulling these codes and cant figure it out ...

these three are due to the manual swap and egr delete so i am not worried about them ... just figured id let everyone know just in case it matters ...

p0705 park/neutral position sensor
p1400 EGR control solenoid valve
p1605 auto transmission communication cable

the two codes that are giving me trouble are

p0130 oxygen sensor/open loop control-right
p1320 primary ignition signal

the problem is while driving i will feel hesitation and when i go to stop and idle i will stall and/or experience very rough idle

so far i have listened to the injectors for inconsistency and they seem to be fine and checked and cleaned all connection on the distributor

as far as the o2 sensor when i removed it ... it was covered in black carbon build up ... so i cleaned it off and reinserted it into the bong

thanks for your help
me and you both! I went to get my car checked yesterday and it was throwin auto tranny codes. My cars engine and tranny was swapped before I got it and its also showin a shift solenoid code, knock sensor, and o2 of the top of my head.
TrueFreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
assk.88

thanks for the help ... the o2 sensor going into the exhaust manifold is only 1 wire ? ill have to check mine and make sure it is the right one for some reason i believe it has more then 1 wire ...

still hoping someone has some info on the p1320 (primary ignition signal)

let me know

thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
silver350z05rb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
silver350z05rb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
1996 nissan 240sx S14 FSM......"P1320-The ignition signal in the primary circuit is not detected by th ECM during engine cranking or running".
Might have a loose wire in the distributor or the section that reads this in the ECU or ECM as the FSM says, might be burned or not working, try another ECU and drive it for at least a day to make sure the check engine light doesnt come back for that code. or..when i bought a harness once,one wire was messed up on the distributor plug ,a ground i think(the one with many wires not the 2 wire) so i repinned it before installing.so i guess check the 2 clips on the distributor.or a wire leading back to the ECU meaning anywhere in your harness something could be loose or not connected, but then im not sure if the car would even turn on if one of those distributor wires leading to the ECU were messed up.or could be the distributor itself, idk but there you go. you want fries with that? jk.
silver350z05rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
assk.88

thanks ... i put two new pigtails going to the distributor ... it drove really good for 2-3 days and then the problem came back ... i think i am going to try a new distributor ...
Old 09-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #7
blueish_zenki

blueish_zenki is on the path to ruinblueish_zenki is on the path to ruin
I know this post is super old at this point, but was there any update to what ended up happening? My 96 s14 is throwing out the p1320 code and I'm having the same issues where the car will crank, but will not start/turn over.

Any help from anyone is appreciated. Before people start being smart asses about it, yes, I have been looking through google and other forums, but haven't found any solutions yet which is why I am asking on a 10 year old post.
blueish_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote