Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:10 PM   #1
Bikemaster00

Trader Rating: (0)
Bikemaster00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gt2871r actuator stock boost

Looking for the stock Psi for this exact PN 836026-5012S GT2871R Turbo. Having a hard time on Zilvia and on Google what the stock wastegate PSI is for my turbo. Please guys help me! Would be great if you could send me a link to the info site!!! Thank you all!
Bikemaster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikemaster00 View Post
Looking for the stock Psi for this exact PN 836026-5012S GT2871R Turbo. Having a hard time on Zilvia and on Google what the stock wastegate PSI is for my turbo. Please guys help me! Would be great if you could send me a link to the info site!!! Thank you all!
There is no "stock psi" for that turbo as it is not an oem turbo.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
Bikemaster00

There has to be a minimum psi on the installed wastegate though. There's a minimum psi where the wastegate starts to crack open.

What I'm really trying to find out if the wastegate of this turbo ends up being 11psi, will I be able to set it with a boost controller at a lower 7psi, than the stock 11Psi. I don't think it works that way?

Boost controllers make it so that you can have the turbo put out a higher psi than stock, not a boost controller that puts out psi lower than stock. Or am I wrong??? I really don't know.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
You are correct that a boost controller will open the wastegate actuator at a higher PSI, not lower.

Easiest way to check is to just use an air compressor, set pressure to 5psi and then increase it until the actuator opens all the way. Google "how to test wastegate actuator" and there's like 5 videos on the first page.

Replacement actuators with a lower spring are available also.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:39 PM   #5
Bikemaster00

I see the turbosmart one TS‑0625‑1072 but I'm not finding anyone that put one on the gt2871r on the internet yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
You are correct that a boost controller will open the wastegate actuator at a higher PSI, not lower.

Easiest way to check is to just use an air compressor, set pressure to 5psi and then increase it until the actuator opens all the way. Google "how to test wastegate actuator" and there's like 5 videos on the first page.

Replacement actuators with a lower spring are available also.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:57 PM   #6
lok
Zilvia Addict

lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
2871r .86

The lowest boost I was able to run with an adjustable actuator was 0.9 bar
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:29 PM   #7
Bikemaster00

Found stock PSI for this exact turbo - actuator PSI is 12-14
THANKS ENJUKU
https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...-actuator.html

Still can't find out if I can use the Turbosmart IWG-75 wastegate or seen anyone that has used it for a gt2871r Turbo???
Old 09-30-2021, 02:14 PM   #8
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Found stock PSI for this exact turbo - actuator PSI is 12-14
THANKS ENJUKU
https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...-actuator.html

Still can't find out if I can use the Turbosmart IWG-75 wastegate or seen anyone that has used it for a gt2871r Turbo???
12psi is 0.8bar, 14psi is 0.95 bar. If you do the test mentioned above, you will know the exact wastegate pressure for your specific actuator (could actually be less than 12 or more than 14). Not another guy's with the same part number that made a video, but your specific actuator that is on your engine.

Another idea: If you are running no boost controller and have a boost gauge, where does the car boost? Whatever that number is will be a ballpark estimate of where the wastegate opens. On mine (not a 2871), with the boost controller shut off, max recorded boost is around 0.9bar, so I can safely assume that the wastegate is fully open at 13psi (approx.).

Mike
Old 09-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #9
Bikemaster00

The main reason I want to know my minimum PSI on the GT2871R is because I don't want to have to get my car tuned right away I just have a stock ECU at the moment and I have to get it towed to get tuned. I'm really trying to find out if that Turbosmart IWG-75 wastegate will work on the GT2871R.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #10
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
The main reason I want to know my minimum PSI on the GT2871R is because I don't want to have to get my car tuned right away I just have a stock ECU at the moment and I have to get it towed to get tuned. I'm really trying to find out if that Turbosmart IWG-75 wastegate will work on the GT2871R.
Might be worth just asking your tuner. No offense to anyone here, but I personally would trust my builder and my tuner over strangers on the internet lol
Old 09-30-2021, 11:06 PM   #11
lok
Zilvia Addict

lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
In my experience, the 2871r will boost creep up to .9 with the wastegate fully open.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:20 AM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
you can take the rod off the flapper valve and it will boost 0psi to 1psi (no overboosting or creeping)
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:56 PM   #13
lok
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
you can take the rod off the flapper valve and it will boost 0psi to 1psi (no overboosting or creeping)
I was running the .86a/r and trying to run the lowest boost with an adjustable actuator.

I was able to set it to .7 but in the higher rpms and towards redline it would get to .9

I ended up setting the wastegate to 1.0 bar and using the boost controller for the rest.

Since the op is trying to run it without a tune, injectors, maf for the extra flow, just wanted to give him my info from experience.

What I was wanting to do was have my old profec A have a big jump using the OTB over take boost function from .7-1.2 for shits and giggles.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:52 PM   #14
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I used to disconnect the actuator so it would only run 1psi of boost so I could put 87 octane fuel in the car and daily driver it at WOT all the time without worrying about detonation

Now that I use a 5.3L Engine I used the 5psi spring and the engine tolerates that 5psi on 87 octane without any issue... 350hp on 87 baby
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote