Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-04-2022, 08:11 AM   #601
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Herschel Walker is one of the most ignorant human beings I've heard speak.
.....and that's only IF he can actually finish a sentence much less a thought.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2022, 05:53 AM   #602
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Herschel is easily the worst candidate I have ever seen pushed. It seems that everyone knows he is a brain-damaged empty head inarticulately parroting smarter people's opinions except for him.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:03 AM   #603
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
But like...he is a deputy...or a sheriff..In any case, he has a badge, so you MUST respect his authori-ta
Old 12-07-2022, 05:56 AM   #604
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Poor Herschel...
Used as a GQP patsy and embarrassed almost daily just by opening his mouth. Now he will be abandoned and left to wallow in what he never quite understood was happening to him.

And I write too!
Old 12-07-2022, 07:40 AM   #605
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Im mad that it was such a close race. Not only did the GOP push the idiot candidate, the voters voted for this person. I'd love to see how many voted simply because he ran as an R vs him having good policy.

The gop needs to get there shit together. They could so easily DOMNIATE elections if they followed actual conservatism.

Small government - should not be trying to tell people who they can marry
Less taxes for people

for corporations, up the tax rate but give them incentives. All companies who offer paid maternity leave, -10% tax rate. Offer 25+ days of vaction? -5% tax rate. Offset your carbon foot print -% of your offset amount up to 15% etc. etc.

Stop trying to make laws based on religion, America was founded on freedom of religion not forcing your beliefs on others

Stop the drug war, federally legalize and tax marijuana and mushrooms, decriminalize posession of the rest and focus tax money on rehab programs and getting people help.
Increase the penalties of selling meth, heroin, fentanyl etc. but don't just lock them up. Pay them min wage and put them to work cleaning up roads, parks, streams, rivers, planting tree's etc.

Quit BS like abstinence only education and educate teens on sexual health and reproduction so they understand the consequences, revamp the adoption system where we can get more kids to more good families vs the high cost of entry there is now

End the anti LGB stuff. These people are here, they have always been and will continue to be so. I completely understand not wanting your child to attend "Drag Story Time" (seriously why is that a thing?) but demonizing everyone who is LGBT is not the way.

Go after the businesses who make illegal immigration such a thing. Cut the head of the snake.

But noooooooo, that all makes too much sense. Instead tell your based how democrats are evil and out to eat their babies. Vote no on helping people on most issues and take credit for bills that you vote against that help your people.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:21 AM   #606
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

For the life of me, I have never understood how the concept of preserving the planet we live on, keeping my daughters from being fucking massacred in school, treating people fairly and compassionately and NOT letting the same 9 companies possess the whole of the universe were somehow "radical" thinking.

And I write too!
Old 12-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #607
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
For the life of me, I have never understood how the concept of preserving the planet we live on, keeping my daughters from being fucking massacred in school, treating people fairly and compassionately and NOT letting the same 9 companies possess the whole of the universe were somehow "radical" thinking.
Because Capitalism is a religion and anything that stands in its way must be destroyed. A heathy planet has no value when abusing and exploiting it pays trillions. Child safety has no value when the firearm industry makes billions. Treating the poor with dignity has no value when they can't afford daily Amazon orders. Capitalism only rewards the best and brightest and saying otherwise is heresy!
Old 12-07-2022, 03:27 PM   #608
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Child safety has no value when the firearm industry makes billions.
Keyword is "firearm industry". Most "individual firearm manufactures" wouldn't even be able to afford a single frivolous lawsuit against them.

Anti-gunners knew this and started abusing it accordingly... Thus, Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) being passed in 2005.

Same reason why the firearm industry lobbies against so called "funding/ research into gun violence". It's not, because they are oblivious to "child safety"... It's because the research always ends up being openly ran by anti-gunners with anecdotal fallacy.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:45 AM   #609
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Child safety has no value when the firearm industry makes billions.
We can protect banks and politicians but not schools?
Luckily we have weak liberal policies, "gun free zones," to protect schools and malls. Do you support armed guards at schools or armed teachers/staff?

Quote:
A heathy planet has no value when abusing and exploiting it pays trillions.
Preserving the planet by mining the earth for metals to make electric vehicles, solar panels, and windmills? Solar panels and windmills that litter large swaths of land. Preserving the planet by taxing the lower and middle class while the rich and wealthy fly around on private jets and live in ocean side mansions? I'm not eating fucking bugs.

Quote:
Because Capitalism is a religion and anything that stands in its way must be destroyed.
Hypocrite. You enjoy the benefits from capitalism even if you can't recognize it from your privileged high horse.

Quote:
Capitalism only rewards the best and brightest
As it should. Most prosperous nation on the planet. You get out what you put in. See 'Elon Musk' or 'Warren Buffett'. Are you advocating for Communism?

Quote:
Treating the poor with dignity has no value when they can't afford daily Amazon orders.
Lazy bums that want to do drugs and steal shit deserve no dignity. Do you support a pathway to rehabilitation through incarceration or do you prefer open drug markets and urban camping?

Happy Holidays to You and Yours!
Old 12-08-2022, 11:56 AM   #610
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I was thinking of something a few minutes ago here...

How hard is it to start a political party?
The reason I ask is, let's say the GQP finally says enough is enough and noticeably stops fucking with TFG after now basically costing them three elections in a row.
Now, they run DeSantis in 2024 against whomever if not Biden Team Blue pushes forward.

... now this is where it gets fucky...
How difficult for it would be for TFG to start The MAGA Party and STILL run, possibly peeling away some of the people who had hitched their wagons to him? I seriously don't think he will be able to take enough of the support on The Hill and actually win.
Such a stunt would seriously damn the Republican Party because he would peel away enough votes from them to make an Electoral College win impossible because he would basically be taking nothing away from Democrats.

For the sheer entertainment of it, this is me hoping that if he does somehow manage to use frivolous lawsuits -- which the judges are becoming vocally sick and tired of -- to stave off indictment that he DOES try some shit like this.

And I write too!
Old 12-08-2022, 01:44 PM   #611
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Hypocrite. You enjoy the benefits from capitalism even if you can't recognize it from your privileged high horse.

As it should. Most prosperous nation on the planet. You get out what you put in. See 'Elon Musk' or 'Warren Buffett'. Are you advocating for Communism?

Lazy bums that want to do drugs and steal shit deserve no dignity. Do you support a pathway to rehabilitation through incarceration or do you prefer open drug markets and urban camping?
You're not actually trying to have a logical discussion and make valid points here, are you?

No offense but, this is Zilvia. If you thought the cars being built on here were janky, do you think their political beliefs would be any different? HAHA
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:16 AM   #612
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
You're not actually trying to have a logical discussion and make valid points here, are you?

No offense but, this is Zilvia. If you thought the cars being built on here were janky, do you think their political beliefs would be any different? HAHA
Apparently not... I guess me bringing up the lefts "Repeal Gun Industry Immunity" fantasy and biased anecdotal research really displeased someone.

Those are usually the two talking points people bring up when mentioning the billions made in the firearms industry...
Old 12-12-2022, 08:03 AM   #613
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
We can protect banks and politicians but not schools?
Luckily we have weak liberal policies, "gun free zones," to protect schools and malls. Do you support armed guards at schools or armed teachers/staff?
Where do cops protect private banks?

I agree that gun-free zones are useless. Someone intent on hurting or killing will ignore those signs. But they make people feel safer and that's kinda the point- that people, afraid of something that's either statistically irrelevant in safe areas or something they've become inured to in dangerous areas, will feel safer and that safeness will either help build community or allow them to open their wallets freely.

Quote:
Preserving the planet by mining the earth for metals to make electric vehicles, solar panels, and windmills? Solar panels and windmills that litter large swaths of land. Preserving the planet by taxing the lower and middle class while the rich and wealthy fly around on private jets and live in ocean side mansions? I'm not eating fucking bugs.
How much is mined for the newest iPhone? What about the fact that you can get a new computer for only $50 more than the OS? How much is mined just for people to keep up with the Jones' and play Minecraft on their fridge? Is what's mined for EVs a greater or lesser evil than what's mined for graphics cards, Playstations, and Switches? Is it even a comparable amount?

What about when electric cars have a battery breakthrough, would you prefer they already be at an advanced stage of engineering or would you prefer they waste those batteries in the first gen and begin perfecting after that waste?

You know who rolled back taxes on the wealthy, right? You know who advocate for American oligarchy? Yeah, if you say both parties, you're right. They're both heavily broken. If the judicial system worked, the common man would be able to fight this but the judicial system is biased toward those with wealth who can afford to throw resources at a problem. I have unpleasant knowledge of losing court cases dragged out over several years and lost not because the defendant did something wrong but because the defendant was simply unable to keep paying.

Quote:
You're allowed to enjoy the benefits of something you can't live without, even if you're against it. It's not capitalism that's the problem, at least not pure capitalism because what we have isn't remotely pure. There's an issue with state-sponsored oligarchy and if you follow the money, you'll see exactly who benefits.

Quote:
See wealthy people get wealthier. You sure this is the argument you want to make? Elon's family is wealthy- his father boasted that he "had so much money we couldn't even close our safe." Buffett is the son of a politician who benefited from being born in the right part of the century- young enough to avoid a major war, old enough to ride the coat tails of the post-war boom. Both intelligent (Buffett more so), but neither is a great example.

Maybe pick someone like Mark Cuban or even Jay-Z.

Also, why tf is everyone like "it's either government-perverted capitalism or communism?" Why just knee-jerk the response with absolutely no attention paid to nuance?

Quote:
Incarceration breeds criminality. It breeds recidivism. How can we stop the problem at the root?

Nothing is two-dimensional. Everything is three-dimensional. For every problem, there isn't a single solution.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 05:38 PM   #614
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Serious responses to satire
Thought you'd been here long enough to understand I'm just here to shitpost, stir the pot, and make fun of republicans. I would make fun of democrats too, but I already spent 2016-2020 picking on a bumbling idiot in the white house so I had to bow out for round 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Also, why tf is everyone like "it's either government-perverted capitalism or communism?" Why just knee-jerk the response with absolutely no attention paid to nuance?
Because the world is black and white, red and blue, 1's and 0's. These NPC's need their algorithms updated so their responses seem less like they're reading directly from a Fox News transcript.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:26 PM   #615
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
I would make fun of democrats too, but I already spent 2016-2020 picking on a bumbling idiot in the white house so I had to bow out for round 2.
You know damn well you have plenty of gas left in the tank. How dare you deprive us!
Old 12-13-2022, 09:48 AM   #616
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Where do cops protect private banks?
Where did I say cops? Armed guards. Like government buildings, airports and banks.

Quote:
I agree that gun-free zones are useless... they make people feel safer...

Quote:
What about when electric cars have a battery breakthrough, would you prefer they already be at an advanced stage of engineering or would you prefer they waste those batteries in the first gen and begin perfecting after that waste?
I'm sure you'll complain that it's state sponsored oligarchy or some other nonsense either way.

Quote:
You know who rolled back taxes on the wealthy, right? You know who advocate for American oligarchy? Yeah, if you say both parties, you're right. They're both heavily broken. If the judicial system worked, the common man would be able to fight this but the judicial system is biased toward those with wealth who can afford to throw resources at a problem. I have unpleasant knowledge of losing court cases dragged out over several years and lost not because the defendant did something wrong but because the defendant was simply unable to keep paying.
And.. What you gonna do about it?

Quote:
You're allowed to enjoy the benefits of something you can't live without, even if you're against it.
No. That makes you a hypocrite.
You want green energy? Go to your electrical panel and turn off the breaker that says 'Main'.

Quote:
See wealthy people get wealthier. You sure this is the argument you want to make? Elon's family is wealthy- his father boasted that he "had so much money we couldn't even close our safe." Buffett is the son of a politician who benefited from being born in the right part of the century- young enough to avoid a major war, old enough to ride the coat tails of the post-war boom. Both intelligent (Buffett more so), but neither is a great example.

Maybe pick someone like Mark Cuban or even Jay-Z.
How about Bill Gates or Henry Ford?

Quote:
Incarceration breeds criminality.
Criminality breeds incarceration. The crime happens first.

Quote:
Nothing is two-dimensional. Everything is three-dimensional. For every problem, there isn't a single solution.
Plenty of problems have a single solution. You just don't like the solution.

Hope you have a Happy New Years!
Old 12-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #617
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Bill Gates started with a leg up, and Henry Ford, while brilliant, was an antisemite who also benefited from being born at the right time.

Do you not believe that state-sponsored oligarchy is a problem?

I will support and vote for people who believe the justice system is currently anything but. By the way, that means I support no one and vote for very few people because both. parties. are. corrupt.

No one decides to be born. They are born where they are, where they have to stay until they can afford to move. If you're born into capitalism, you aren't going to say, "fuck this" at five years old and move, are you? Do Republicans think people who criticize capitalism have ever experienced true capitalism or true socialism? Is this the whole line of thinking, "if you don't support it, then move?"

You vote, right? Do you disagree with the current status of voting in the United States? Yes? Move, don't be a hypocrite. If you disagree with something, move. Go to a country that supports you. No countries support you? Too bad, go to space. Go live on a boat and trade with gold. Start an online country called Internetonia and at least get to live somewhere you want for like half the day, that way you're only half a hypocrite.

I can be a criminal by taking legal weed from California to 21 states. Does jail time fit the crime of possession of one ounce of marijuana? Should someone be a criminal for smoking a plant's leaves? If so, why marijuana and not tobacco, which has a known deleterious effect on society?

What if I pay someone for sex? They haven't been trafficked and there's no coercion, just one consenting adult paying another for physical intimacy- should that be criminal?

Every problem has problems before it, or problems after it. Someone falling off a ladder and dying isn't just a tragedy stemming from a loss of balance- it's the loss of livelihood to a home, then missed mortgage payments, addiction, recovery, and counseling. That person didn't just die; they had ripples- and before they fell, they could have bought a different ladder, they could have hired someone. What if they didn't buy that different ladder because they were passed on a promotion due to nepotism? What if they didn't hire someone because embezzlement led to a shortfall rather than a surplus that was supposed to go to a bonus, which was supposed to pay for tree trimming?

Would an early death still have happened if someone hadn't stolen a car the day there was a showing at a different house?

No one just steals, or just attacks someone. It's the culmination of their life to that point, not only in their head but all the external factors working up to it. That's specifically why thinking one-dimensionally isn't just harmful to society, it's just plain fucking stupid.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:45 AM   #618
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Every problem has problems before it, or problems after it. Someone falling off a ladder and dying isn't just a tragedy stemming from a loss of balance- it's the loss of livelihood to a home, then missed mortgage payments, addiction, recovery, and counseling. That person didn't just die; they had ripples- and before they fell, they could have bought a different ladder, they could have hired someone. What if they didn't buy that different ladder because they were passed on a promotion due to nepotism? What if they didn't hire someone because embezzlement led to a shortfall rather than a surplus that was supposed to go to a bonus, which was supposed to pay for tree trimming?
please, climb up this ladder

Quote:
No one just steals, or just attacks someone. It's the culmination of their life to that point, not only in their head but all the external factors working up to it. That's specifically why thinking one-dimensionally isn't just harmful to society, it's just plain fucking stupid.
right, or you can pontificate like a cult leader to sound intelligent when you're just spewing a bunch of bullshit thats plain fucking stupid
Old 12-14-2022, 06:26 PM   #619
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Suppose you take kids who are currently being misshapen and you provide the kind of support a community's supposed to provide. In that case, you can undo previous mistakes and make kids who are not only productive to the country, but happier, healthier, and less likely to misshape their own kids. But it takes funding and community support at a state and sometimes national level.

A dollar invested in a kid is a wise investment considering what they might cost society as an adult.

In private business, it's considered smart to take on short-term debt for long-term profit, but in the United States, it's considered political suicide to do the same thing with the government unless it helps private companies. Public debt, private profit. Repeat.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:09 PM   #620
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
In private business, it's considered smart to take on short-term debt for long-term profit, but in the United States, it's considered political suicide to do the same thing with the government unless it helps private companies. Public debt, private profit. Repeat.
Oh like how PPP loans being forgiven totally cool, but FUCK people who took student loans right?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:36 AM   #621
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Suppose you take kids who are currently being misshapen and you provide the kind of support a community's supposed to provide.
sniff sniff... smells like another gov assisted program! better yet, just 1 dollar helps go to children in <insert here>

how about you just put your money where your mouth is, open a boxing gym or some community service where you can control who you help

Quote:
FUCK people who took student loans right?
Yes, right, FUCK people who took student loans. Smart people learned trades, or chose a better profession (Dr/Lawyer).
Old 12-15-2022, 08:55 AM   #622
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Suppose you take kids who are currently being misshapen and you provide the kind of support a community's supposed to provide. In that case, you can undo previous mistakes and make kids who are not only productive to the country, but happier, healthier, and less likely to misshape their own kids. But it takes funding and community support at a state and sometimes national level.
What is misshapen?

Quote:
Oh like how PPP loans being forgiven totally cool, but FUCK people who took student loans right?
Can you tell the difference between a person that took out a loan for a useless liberal arts degree and the government providing assistance to viable businesses that were forced to shut down their business by the government?

Yes. Fuck people who took student loans and don't want to repay their debt.
Old 12-15-2022, 11:05 AM   #623
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

There's so much that can be streamlined, improved, costs reduced, entire programs disbanded. There would be a higher initial cost but it would be made up by reductions and increases in efficiency and market competitiveness across the board.

You want to reduce the cost of welfare? Start charging companies whose workforce is above a certain percentage (of people on welfare compared to the standard for that industry) for the cost of that welfare. Force a change to a living wage, or force them to downsize their workforce and automate. Why should the taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages? Why should the taxpayers subsidize a company's offshoring?

Are you getting the most value from your taxes that you can? If no, then why not derive value from future safety and a more robust economy?

Are you actually against a nation where kids have better futures, gun violence is reduced without states taking away any cool shit (RIP 30-rounders in CA, at least we had Freedom Week), where blighted cities become vibrant again?

Are you against an LA where you don't have to step over the homeless or a San Francisco where you don't have to replace seven car windows a year?

One of my adult dreams is being able to afford a library on wheels and sharing my love for knowledge with kids who can't get to their town's library due to poor infrastructure or missing parents. We'd teach reading classes for kids who have slipped through their schools' cracks and techniques to help kids with dyslexia. We'd go over concentration exercises for kids with untreated ADD/ADHD. There'd be a bunch of six-year-olds who know about Fangio and Nuvolari and Clark and Senna.

60% of adults don't keep a budget.

As of 2020, 26 states and DC do not require a high school personal finance course to be offered. 29 states and DC do not require the high school course be taken. 45 states and DC do not require standardized testing on personal finance education.

If people aren't learning about financial literacy in school and can't learn from their parents because their parents aren't financially literate, then putting loan documents in front of them is predatory.

They're told to go to college, they're told to get a loan, they're just doing what they're told without fully understanding the consequences. They can't even legally drink yet, but they're considered perfectly adult enough to take on decades of debt.

https://gflec.org/wp-content/uploads...April-2020.pdf

By misshapen, I'm talking about the direction and shape their life is going to take.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:41 PM   #624
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Can you tell the difference between a person that took out a loan for a useless liberal arts degree and the government providing assistance to viable businesses that were forced to shut down their business by the government?

Yes. Fuck people who took student loans and don't want to repay their debt.
^ this is called common sense solutions to problems. you live in a fucked up state that is being over-run by anarchists/socialists (commies really) who have a complete lack of common sense. they dont know how to build or create, only to yell, intimidate and destroy. its a mindset, these people are the cancer of society. many times that have no family values or morals, probably no family at all. its all foreign to them, this is why if you dont accept them then they revolt yell and scream. its the only way they know.
... when surrounded by idiots, there are some people (like you) who are able to see through the bullshit.

KA24 spews out your typical long-winded replies that may sound good and impress, but its just a bunch of meaningless rhetoric. its all theory and serves no function. if i could dumb it down, i swear the guy is like brainy smurf...
Old 12-15-2022, 01:08 PM   #625
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Are you against an LA where you don't have to step over the homeless or a San Francisco where you don't have to replace seven car windows a year?
Quote:
You vote, right? Do you disagree with the current status of voting in the United States? Yes? Move, don't be a hypocrite. If you disagree with something, move.
couldnt agree with you more, if you dont like something, MOVE.

people & businesses have been moving out of CA at record numbers. and when big contributors like tesla bounce, then you're left with a lot of over-priced nothing. the massive party is done, all thats left are some used up, over-priced whores layin on the couch that still think they worth yesterday's pricing. maybe in time they'll clean up.... MAYBE

in the meantime brainy smurf, what you fail to see is that there is NO solution to any of these problems when you got tens of thousands of artists (formerly known as illegal aliens) coming in for any and everywhere. vax / no vax.... mask / no mask .... house / no house.... job / no job.... drugs / drug free... good person / criminal.... none of this matters. no vetting process. NO FUCKS GIVEN. in the meantime, you're working your job making your money and you've got people casing joints like the wild wild west, walking in and just taking shit. and soon that will be your shit, because there wont be any sheriff in town pilgrim. hope you got your 6 shooter ready but more important, better know how to use it. jesse james and his crew dont understand the meaning of toxic masculinity or equity. when you live the gangster life its; whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine.

well, none of the above is important because in your mind, you got a cloth mask on and know how to raise a fist when its time to fight!
Old 12-15-2022, 02:34 PM   #626
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Conservative: a person who is averse to change or innovation.

If you're bummed about illegals, I'd say you should support immigration reform but uh, see the above definition.

Meanwhile, we now have Trump trading cards authorized by the man himself! For a short time only, experience artist's renditions of Trump that you can hold, stroke, and place under your pillow! They're just as warm as having Trump for a father, but now with extra NFT!

Also yeah, definitely Brainy Smurf and it's a character flaw, I know.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:31 PM   #627
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Conservative: a person who is averse to change or innovation.

If you're bummed about illegals, I'd say you should support immigration reform but uh, see the above definition.
not bummed at all as none of these issues apply to me. i was however, using it as an example as it directly applies to you.

you've the one living in a state where the coast is lined with tens of thousands of homeless. by your own admission, this is your definition of progress.

you might want to reform your reform thats been reformed.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:52 PM   #628
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
No way! We get everything right on the first try! Let?s do away with the Bill of Rights for the sake of conservatism! Fuck your freedom of speech! Screw your guns! Search and seizure for all! Rahhh!!!!
Old 12-19-2022, 03:20 AM   #629
ixfxi
Post Whore!

at some point, you might want to consider putting down the crack pipe
Old 12-19-2022, 08:14 AM   #630
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
not bummed at all as none of these issues apply to me. i was however, using it as an example as it directly applies to you.

you've the one living in a state where the coast is lined with tens of thousands of homeless. by your own admission, this is your definition of progress.

Any and all issues affecting any state have a ripple effect on the rest of the country. Unless you're located outside the United States, they have an impact on you- whether it's direct or indirect is the question. The slums of Sylacauga, Alabama have an impact on me in Southern California and the excesses of coastal villas in Southern California has an impact in Silver City, New Mexico.

The homeless issue isn't progress, except in terms of time. The government has been hemming and hawing, saying it'd do something about it, and never doing anything of import because the solution is both difficult and politically unpopular.

It's like tankies saying capitalism has failed. No country on Earth has had true capitalism, how could it have failed? No problem in the US has ever had a purely progressive solution; they've all been part-measures.

And as long as we keep having to keep everyone happy, we're just going to be stringing along failures and half-measures. As long as we listen to an idiotic group of bumblefuck conservatives who have zero deep knowledge on almost every key subject, our country will continue to piss away money that comes from middle-class pockets.