Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 08-29-2003, 12:22 AM   #31
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
X1nom3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey... you wouldn't mind a slightly riced up 240 showin up at the meet, would ya?? so maybe you'll ask, "if you know you're riced, then why do it?" well trust me, I have my reasons and one of them is to NOT have a mistaken identity problem, which i know wouldn't happen now. i mean, you know i check out the galleries and stuff, and i read people's comments on them, and i noticed a lot of people don't like some things that i do, and i guess that might discourage me a lil from going to the meets. maybe we can all get along someday???
X1nom3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2003, 10:24 AM   #32
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
X1nom3D - Whoa your car looks umm interesting, not my style but I can appreciate someone who does the paint themselves, especially something so indepth. Sucks what happened with the Do-Luck front end, looked real nice then.

Anyways come to the meet, the more the merrier.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #33
gmgs14
Zilvia Member

gmgs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to make things positive when I go to work tonight to get time off, we are doing this meet on saturday the 20th correct?
gmgs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 01:42 PM   #34
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
yup yup
Old 08-29-2003, 04:44 PM   #35
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Bill Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
X1nom3D

Just a little friendly advice...Who cares if you riced out your car some. I riced out a 79 Cutlass when it was new not knowing that it looked kinda wierd...but it was what I wanted and I got many trophies for "originallity and style" with it. You don't need to be like everyone else. Just because a lot of folks think rice is kinda posey and kiddish does not mean that for everyone. IF you like what tyou did then...keep it..don't worry about what others say...if you "personally" have a change of heart...change it...but because someone or even a lot of folks might not like it does not matter. It is what you like that counts. Personally, I like a bone stock looking car that is fast enough to give vettes a hard time and especially with a quiet exhaust. We call them "Sleepers"

When I did my cutlass, it was not only fairly quick and I had some fake badges on it too (1979) but everyone asked if it was a turbo...because I had the turbo 3.8 insignia on it...when it was a 4.3V8 and not a 3.8V6

I even told folks that I ran it on the track some...(well I did 2 times) by todays standards, that car was kinda slow...0-60 in 8 and 1/4 in 17 but I use to drive it like it was fast...

Be yourself...if anyone disses you because it is rice...have them take a peek in the mirror for a glance.

Do your own thing...even if it is wrong.
Bill Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #36
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

1fasts13 is an unknown quantity at this point
rice this rice that......mine will win the rice award

nobody is gonna beat my 3 tone exterior, rust/dent on both doors, bigger tires in the front than rear, loud fart can, and to top it all off reverse indiglo guages and i will ride in with a YELLOW donut in the front
M-F 10am-5pm PST
1fasts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 07:34 PM   #37
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

True, but you are grandmaster leo, bringer of kazama, provider of silvia front end (did those ever come in?)
Old 08-29-2003, 08:15 PM   #38
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

1fasts13 is an unknown quantity at this point
bwahahaha, grandmaster leo ehh?? i will have to to myself!!

conversions are being on the ghey, but i hope to see them sometime this week....at least art finally got his
M-F 10am-5pm PST
1fasts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:55 PM   #39
pearlwhiteS14
Zilvia Member

pearlwhiteS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
james I am going to Indy to pick up that s14 trans for my car. I want to do the swap myself but if you would like to help I would be willing to pay for your help? Let me know, thanks Duff on looking out for me and the swap, I need to get that F&*king auto out of this car. I looked in the XS turbo kit and I think it will be put in this spring???? talk to you guys later it is getting late and I have a prettyn young lady on my shoulder asking me to go to bed.
pearlwhiteS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:26 PM   #40
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

has art put his on yet? and got it painted? oh btw did he get the halogens or projectors?

Speaking of halogens, James are you really getting rid of em or just still waiting for the perfect car? Giving up halogens is a sin :hammer: , I just like them over the projectors too much .

pearlwhites14 - big plans so soon, hope you stick to em, god knows I didnt , no more major planning for me, just save and spend now
Old 08-30-2003, 01:44 AM   #41
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

man, you guys really know how to make someone feel welcome if i get my stage 2 clutch in on time... maybe i'll see all of ya there! thanx a lot!
Old 08-30-2003, 07:37 AM   #42
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by X1nom3D
man, you guys really know how to make someone feel welcome if i get my stage 2 clutch in on time... maybe i'll see all of ya there! thanx a lot!
You'll find out that we are only jackasses on the board
Old 08-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #43
MI SO FST
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
MI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MI SO FST Send a message via Yahoo to MI SO FST
Quote:
Originally posted by James
And good god- copy that list from Art already- I never understood why it was this hermit named Art "owns" a list of area 240 owners but doesn't post on any forum or participate AT ALL in online discussions like answering questions or planning. There are new people coming in all the time -none of them are on that list- we should've taken initiative a long time ago. That surprise all Nissan meet last month couldn't even be announced to everyone- "cuz we always have to contact Art":hammer:
- I understand he actually has a life that doesn't include chatting on the internet. But this is where everything takes place.

Ok James, I dont see what your problem is having to be negitive towards me. Everyhing that you have ever said or replied back about me is always some kind of way of putting me down. The list that I have is a list that I put together, I dont know where the word "owns" come from. I do participate in online conversations, just cause I dont talk to you dont mean that I dont. I talk to UIUC and Kidynomite online. Dont forget that I am the one that put the meets together too. I chose the place and time by myself, now someone else is doing it. All you people that go online and talk, my sn is MI SO FST. Talk to me, ask me, bitch at me. I talk to so many 240 people. They just are more into asking stuff about the car not meets. I bring cars to the meets that arent even on forums.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:39 AM   #44
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

To make things easier on Art or me (whichever one of us decides to add e-mails to the list), could you guys that don't get an e-mail in the next few minutes post up your e-mail address or pm me with it.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:48 PM   #45
nismofeind
Leaky Injector

nismofeind is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, If somebody wants any ka stuff i have all my old ka parts.
just let me know if you want it and i'll try to get it to you on the 20th. i'll let it all go for pretty cheap.
nismofeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #46
pearlwhiteS14
Zilvia Member

do you have a manual trans from the ka and what about the ecu? let me know
Old 09-02-2003, 06:26 AM   #47
MI SO FST
Zilvia Junkie

MI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by James
MI SO FST, You have impeccable timing!
Good to....er, hear from you this year!
So anyway....That's not how I operate. Using "your list" and adding new owners/users is to make things more efficient/up to date- it's not an insult to you.
You've got PM .
I hope this means you're going to post/reply and chit-chat/answer questions with other 240 guys more often other than announcing "your annual meet" and whenever you need to sell stuff.
So...Anything else to contribute besides thinking I have a beef with you? Any thoughts on the meet we have planned, ya coming?... etc etc etc....How's the car running/coming along? What do you think of Kid's 240 purchase? Stuff like that....chit chat. By the way- how come you don't post on here except when you annouce your meet or when you sell stuff? Does it bother you if your list is handed to someone that actively participates on forums and can gather/add new names/make better use of it?
- welcome (back) to Zilvia!
{everyone welcome MI SO FST to Zilvia!!!}
I dont care if you take my list and make it grow, thats fine by me. I reason I dont reply forums is cause I dont really have much time to get on. I answer questions to people all the time, but on AIM. At the meet, I talk to many people, just cause I havent talk to you much doesnt mean that I dont talk/SMILE at the meets.

As for my car, its not running good at all, I just recently messed up my head by blowing out a spark plug and breaking my coilpack. I am looking for a new SR head right now if any of you know anybody. If I can get my car to the meet, I will be there with it, if not then I will be there with something else.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:34 AM   #48
gmgs14
Zilvia Member

gmgs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
So what's this I hear about a signal drift exibition in Toronto the same day as our meet? I know that's far away for most but just hoping nobody's going to skip out on the meet to hit this up unless we all want to go! I'm just hoping for a lot of cars this time at the meet.
gmgs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 12:16 PM   #49
MI SO FST
Zilvia Junkie

James: I dont have a sister and mikey does know who took his car, he is just waiting to get some more info on it. I did call soko and they dont just sell the heads. The threads where I put in the plugs are striped. So i think its better for me just to get a head. Do you have any spare wiring harnesses that go to the coilpacks? That is another think that I need. Let me know and thanks.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #50
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by gmgs14
So what's this I hear about a signal drift exibition in Toronto the same day as our meet? I know that's far away for most but just hoping nobody's going to skip out on the meet to hit this up unless we all want to go! I'm just hoping for a lot of cars this time at the meet.
Well I doubt anyone will go there, or at least hope people from chicago won't go, its quite a trip.

There will be some drifting meets this side hopefully if everything works out, but I am sure you'll hear about it when the time comes.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:14 PM   #51
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

This may sound stupid but they make inserts to replace stripped spark plug holes. The head will need to be removed probably to keep metal shavings out of the cylinder but I think this think is called a helicoil. I actually had a mazda truck that I blew a plug out of and took it to a machine shop. The bored the hole larger, put an insert plug in the hole, and tapped the inside of the sleeve for my sparkplug. I never had a problem with it. They had to press the insert in with a 10 ton press...being ever so careful to not damage the aluminum head.

If it is cut right and tapped right, it will be solid. They also said they could make a threaded insert. I opted for the "bushing" press fitted and lock tight was also used. Solid repair.

It can be done...much cheaper than a head replacement.

Fellows, we have a company event "to be announced" that might shoot a hole in my plans for coming up there and hanging out...right now...it does not look good..perhaps next spring around May if that is feasable.

Their is always something getting in the way of my plans. Have not been able to hang with my friends in my home town since Jan 02...

Do try to get that repair done...much better option than a new head IMHO.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-02-2003 at 09:17 PM..
Old 09-02-2003, 09:25 PM   #52
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
Yeah, Bill's got it. I was about to post that but you beat me to it. Helicoils can fix this. I bet a machine shop could take care of the whole process once the head is off. I had a 85 fiero with an iron head and the head had major rust arround the spark plugs, so I had to look into that. I ended up not doing it, but from what I understand it should be very reliable.

James I got ecu and harness, and even tested them, they are working. SR gets delivered tomorrow, I'm giddy

Damn you already got to the valve cover I just paid for it today. Still not sure exactly when its going in, I'm debating whether or not to go with a greddy pan. It doesnt really go with my whole ghetto-jury-rigged theme I've got going. Most likely it will be going in soon, but its flexable so I can borrow the hoist whenever you're not using it.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #53
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

well i was reading and i sorta got lost somewhere. so is it at miami woods?!?! on the 20th?

SORRY!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:53 PM   #54
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Yes its at miami woods, at the corner of oakton and caldwell, there are two entrances to the preserve. One on caldwell and one on oakton. Enter on Caldwell cuz IIRC they are two different sections.

http://www.geocities.com/chicago240sx2003/mqmapgend.JPG
Go there you might have to copy link and paste in new window (geocities sucks).

And yes its the 20th saturday, get there around noon.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:14 PM   #55
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

JDM180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Thanks for the heads up

James - Thanks for the victory update...I'm gonna try to snag those SE wheels (unless someone one zilvia needs some money and wants to sell thiers?). I also talked to Art about the FB. But once again thanks for keepin an eye open.

I'm all good for the final date/time. I'm gonna drag my sis and her 240 out to the meet also. Even if I have to drag her out of bed. Hope to see everyone there.

-Eddy
Old 09-04-2003, 07:51 AM   #56
pearlwhiteS14
Zilvia Member

Where and what is Victory? I would be willing to come out.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:59 PM   #57
DuffMan
Post Whore!

Mini-meet at victory sounds like a good idea. I havent been there in a while.

Btw, I removed the oil pan from the sr and found a lot of sludge in it. Anything to be woried about? The only engines I have torn down before are my 2 busted E's and they had sluge but were sitting for a while with the heads off.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:28 PM   #58
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Sludge means the oil was allowed to turn black before a change. All pans will contain sludge. INMO, Turbo cars should have oil changed the moment one notices a change in oil color from new or a change in the smell (contaminants).

My engines (all of them) have been changed this way. you take the top off, they all look brand new, nice and shiny...sometimes 600 miles is too long, othertimes 3K and still perfect.

Check for color and change.

I suppose an old woman owned it and did not care...or it was simply not kept up.

Hope this sheds some light.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:38 PM   #59
DuffMan
Post Whore!

Well the oil was drained before i got the engine so all i have is what is in the part of the pan lower than the drain hole. I'm not sure if that is just from sitting or is it normal for sluge to form at the bottom of an oil pan?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:57 PM   #60
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

JDM180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Sounds Cool

James and Duffman....Mini meet at victory is cool for me, I'm up for it. Want to meet somewhere (my work is on harlem and belmont, on the way there...or the mall is cool too on harlem and irving park?)? otherwise meeting there is cool too. lemme know what works for you guys.

-Eddy