Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #421
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Thanks a lot guys! I really have to give huge props to Russell @ NissanParts.cc, in a non-advertising way- he is a super cool guy that has helped me out a ton, and I couldn't have gotten this thing back together without him! The same goes for Edgar at Swapped- always hooking me up!

I just ordered a hose to recirculate the BOV, so that will be here tomorrow and go on on Sunday or Monday. I can't wait to pull it out on the street... I'll for sure get some pics and video!

And thanks for the anniversary well wishes too! My wife is awesome- I give her so much credit for putting up with me and this car! lol...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #422
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
My wife is awesome- I give her so much credit for putting up with me and this car! lol...
That's the number one priority. "Happy wife happy life". My wife has done the same for me. Our anniversary is also coming pretty soon. I hope you enjoy yours. I'm glad your car is running again. Just like everybody, I can't wait for pics.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #423
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ Thanks man, congrats to you too!

I still don't have the ride height right, but I will need to see it out on the street to get it perfect. I didn't plan on doing anything with the car last night, but Alicia got me/us a Cannon Rebel XT for our anniversary! Super awesome- I have wanted a nice camera for a really long time. So, naturally, I had to take some pics!

I don't really know how to use it yet, so I'm sure the pics will get a lot better. I didn't even know how to turn the flash off when I took these, haha. The front coils are currently maxed out- might need to remove a collar up there:

I haven't messed with the camber yet from the previous chunky tire setup out back, so that is on the list as well:

Alicia showin' off her sweet ride, haha. She wanted a picture since she is the "bride" :lol::

If you see things missing our routed really poorly, they will be corrected- promise! haha Some things are just mocked up at this point:

So yeah- updates with the car washed, running, and out of the garage sometime next week when I get back!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 12:58 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #424
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
damn your car looks bad ass man, really like the turn out. Cant wait for more updates lol

Last edited by niteridaz503; 07-22-2010 at 04:57 PM..
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #425
DeatschWerks
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
DeatschWerks is making a name for him/her selfDeatschWerks is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Alicia showin' off her sweet ride, haha. She wanted a picture since she is the "bride" :lol::

See, now you are just showing off!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #426
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Looking cleeeeaaaaaaaannnnn, but even cleaner when you get that fresh coat of wax on! You'll enjoy the Canon once you learn how to use it-great gift!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #427
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Haha I see why you don't bring the wife to the BBQ's around here Damon, all the hard up guys there would make her feel like a piece of meat.

Car looks great, when do I get to see it in person?
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #428
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
quality ass car, hi 5.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #429
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Haha I see why you don't bring the wife to the BBQ's around here Damon, all the hard up guys there would make her feel like a piece of meat.

Car looks great, when do I get to see it in person?

LOL, yeah man, gotta keep her away! Hopefully soon bro... would love to contract you guys to come out and help me with my tune soon!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #430
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man seeing cars like this makes the wait for my next car to be legalized in Canada that much harder! I know I've said this before but man your car looks wonderful! Keep it up!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #431
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
were did you purchase this hose to recirculate your bov, i tried regular hose but it just kinks and doesnt seem like it would be to efficent, my bov is at the same location just on the other side of the pipe and goes to a apexi suction kit pipe and the hose has to make a sharp u. thanks
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #432
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks Tricky_ab!

dopplganger1, I am sorting that issue out at the moment. I bought a 1.25" flex radiator hose from SummitRacing.com to use for recirculation, but the hose ID is too large to fit on the GReddy and HKS recirculation fittings. I am not very happy with my BOV mounting, so I actually got another hot pipe and flange to have it positioned lower down the hot pipe toward the fender well. I'm thinking that if I do it that way, I can run the recirculation hose straight to the intake and there won't be any kinks in the hose.

I am not sure that this is the best location for the BOV, but I might give it a shot. I agree, though- it's really frustrating trying to find a solution for that issue.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #433
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey, shoot me a Pm if you ever want to meet up and go for a cruise. Fixing some electrical issues on the Z but it should be back on the road in a week or so.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #434
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ For sure!

Fired it up again last night and let it run a bit longer. The fuel leak is solved, but now there was a coolant leak. I believe it is one of the lines on the head back near the firewall- the ones that suck to get to. lol. So, I need to sort that out. It was idling at about 1700 RPM even after setting the TPS, so I think the IACV needs to be adjusted. It was also idle hunting while it was running- constantly going back and forth from higher to lower.

I have the injector values and MAF entered in the Power FC, but not the rest of the base tune. It sounds like a couple friends might be out next weekend to help get the timing and Power FC all sorted out, since I have no clue what I am doing, to be totally honest.

I snapped a couple pictures for the hell of it, lol. Got the front lip and the sideskirt extensions installed. I just thought it looked cool in the garage with the hood up- I love how the car and the bay look, I just need it to be drivable now! lol

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:01 PM..
Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #435
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
what would it take to get you to sell this?
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #436
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
a million dollars
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #437
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I'd probably bite for like $18k or something crazy like that, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #438
gsr-boost-dc
Leaky Injector

gsr-boost-dc is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it man. Good work!
gsr-boost-dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #439
Sam_Well.13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
Sam_Well.13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
holy shit!... read this build thread from page 1 to now, and i gotta tell you, very impress with your work..good stuff

real great job man.
Sam_Well.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #440
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
this is exactly what i dream of ha
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #441
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Did you install a new iacv or clean out the old one? They can get pretty dirty and cause all types of issues. Oh did you send out my lights yet?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #442
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
damn dude i wish mine was that freaking clean! im so jelous
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #443
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Such a wonderful car i love it man.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #444
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SO awesome. Cant wait to see this at final ride height
Old 07-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #445
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Did you install a new iacv or clean out the old one? They can get pretty dirty and cause all types of issues. Oh did you send out my lights yet?
I used a used one that came with my intake manifold that was supposedly pretty much new and cleaned it before I installed it, but yeah, I should just replace it. I was going to, but they were backordered. :/

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #446
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
i love this car..... the bay looks sick

just need polished CR-KAIs

but i would rock it as is.... You gonna slide it?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #447
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I can't wait until it is FINALLY tuned and totally street worthy.

I totally wish mine were polished or WMB... would be sweet! And I dunno about sliding it... I'm too poor after building it to slide it, lol. I'm a hard parker at heart, but we'll see- maybe someday.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #448
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I would have to pour a 40 out if you somehow messed this up on the track. A good friend told me something that I think about every time I hit the track... "Expect to mess something up!"
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #449
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
well lmk if you want a video made of your car. I have buddy that does good work. if your interested here is some of his work.

Mark Lenardon on Vimeo

he's out of highland, so not to far from you.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #450
gsr-boost-dc
Leaky Injector

gsr-boost-dc is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks really aggressive! I like it!
gsr-boost-dc is offline   Reply With Quote