Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-13-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
llnoahll

Trader Rating: (0)
llnoahll is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fineline Tuning

Does anyone know if Fineline tuning is still open? I ordered A S14 front and rear bumper from him, but he hasn?t responded to my email or insta DM. I see he hasn?t posted on Insta since March either .

I know people say he doesn?t usually respond to emails, but has anyone purchased from him recently? I just want to make sure they are still open since I already placed my order.
llnoahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #2
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah that guy sucks man, he won't answer your messages but your aero will show up randomly one day. But you get what you pay for, should have gotten the legit stuff, good luck.
soulessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Good luck....i tried to place a order 1yr ago..messaged him for some info before placing the order...never got a reply.... spent my $ eles where and was super happy.

Search zilvia, i made a thread with the same info ur looking for

Seen the aero put out from them recently..... its sloppy, rough fitting. I understand most aero needs body work to fit but, thin aeras, bubbles and non matchn body lines arent
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
llnoahll

duplicated
Old 10-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #5
llnoahll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulessphoto View Post
Yeah that guy sucks man, he won't answer your messages but your aero will show up randomly one day. But you get what you pay for, should have gotten the legit stuff, good luck.
I saw some of his stuff in person and it actually look pretty good. It was his 2-3 year old stuff though idk how things have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Good luck....i tried to place a order 1yr ago..messaged him for some info before placing the order...never got a reply.... spent my $ eles where and was super happy.

Search zilvia, i made a thread with the same info ur looking for

Seen the aero put out from them recently..... its sloppy, rough fitting. I understand most aero needs body work to fit but, thin aeras, bubbles and non matchn body lines arent
I saw your thread a year ago. Where did you end up getting stuff from? I guess its to late since I placed my order already.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I ordered fenders from him a few months ago and they were ready to pick up within 2 weeks.

Fit nice, no bubbles or cracks.

http://www.finelinetuning.net/shipping

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:31 AM   #7
llnoahll

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I ordered fenders from him a few months ago and they were ready to pick up within 2 weeks.

Fit nice, no bubbles or cracks.

http://www.finelinetuning.net/shipping

Okay, that makes me feel a little better. Lack of communication sucks, but as long as my stuff comes I will be happy. I saw his front and rear bumper on another car near me and it looked fine.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by llnoahll View Post

I saw your thread a year ago. Where did you end up getting stuff from? I guess its to late since I placed my order already.
Ended up going with bn sports... if i was gonna wait months, id wait for real parts..not to mention rhdjapan answered my emails and my $33 dollar 10min phone call lol.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #9
llnoahll

Quote:
Ended up going with bn sports... if i was gonna wait months, id wait for real parts..not to mention rhdjapan answered my emails and my $33 dollar 10min phone call lol.
I agree with you. I got an authentic BN Sports vented hood, but I was not able to source type 3 DMAX aero at the time. I ended up seeing someone with finelines stuff and it looked good. I ended up opting to go with that. I guess when I receive it I will report back.

Hoping for the best.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #10
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I ordered just rear overs from him about a week ago just because I'm not going to wait months for Origin. I went with SuperDoof for the kit because 2F is spot on. I've seen it in person and the fitment is prime. I also got their front fenders to clear WISEFAB so the rear overs were the missing link. When they show, I'll let y'all know. I didn't realize there was a delay on his end for shipping but if it goes too long, I guess I can dispute and order from Origin like originally planned. I have heard good things about Fineline, though. It's why I made the purchase.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #11
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I actually ordered 180sx front overfenders from them over 2 months ago. I got nothing. No email, no fender, nothing.... I disputed and got my money back.... Sucks.

I might go with Aim9.... just sucks without communication and 2 months is pretty good time to at least tell me whats going on.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #12
S14rebuild
BANNED

Just read there shipping wait time on the website...doesnt seem very customer friendly
Old 10-19-2020, 06:26 PM   #13
llnoahll

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I actually ordered 180sx front overfenders from them over 2 months ago. I got nothing. No email, no fender, nothing.... I disputed and got my money back.... Sucks.

Glad to hear you got your money back. I should have just went with 2f but their bumper is so big and I am going to be low, so im worried about that. I was willing to wait their 35-40 days on making it, but the no communication really sucks.

I might go with Aim9.... just sucks without communication and 2 months is pretty good time to at least tell me whats going on.
Quote:
Just read there shipping wait time on the website...doesnt seem very customer friendly
I did read that and yeah this guy does not seem to run a very customer oriented business
Old 10-19-2020, 09:18 PM   #14
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Dudes, I waited 60 days.... Straight money was taking out and no email or anything...

Countless times trying to email after 30 days.....
Old 10-20-2020, 05:32 AM   #15
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
I don't understand how one can be so stubborn when running a business. Even if the parts always show up, 2+ months is a lot of time to be missing hundreds of dollars with no reciprocation. Especially when the 'shipping times' page mentions emailing them like 5 times. I really want something from them but its very off putting.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:40 AM   #16
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
I guess I should dispute the money and just go with the Origin's and wait. Was hoping not to but damn. I'm not going to wait that long for this shit to show up randomly. I already have the same problem with Mastermind. I ordered BN for my R32 in like... May. I know shit is fucked up but they're posting all sorts of shit coming in but every time I call they scramble.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:58 AM   #17
S14rebuild
BANNED

Im all kool with waiting months on shipping, delayed processing time, or custom hand made to order but to not reply to 1 email in months time frame is HORRIABLE customer service.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:14 AM   #18
the_brownie1

Trader Rating: (1)
the_brownie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alex is bad with responding with messages, he is still a one man show. I ran order his Dmax kit, took about a 6 weeks to get to me.
the_brownie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #19
inTOXICATEDx2

inTOXICATEDx2 is an unknown quantity at this point
All the mixed reviews kept me from pulling the trigger. I got one response from him awhile back ready to pay and never got a reply again.

Found him on ebay, maybe easier to go that route?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DMAX-TYPE-3-S13-SILVIA-BODYKIT-1989-1994-REPLICA/254568672711?hash=item3b4579adc7:ga8AAOSwTapV4B~ ~

Idk. Maybe is a sign to go elsewhere. Source some legit aero like souless said.
inTOXICATEDx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:22 AM   #20
llnoahll

I am also willing to wait for his lead time, but its just the lack of communication that makes me worry. Along with all these replies of people going 2-4 months no communication and no product.

I will probably wait until the 40 day mark before reaching out to my bank if I still have not heard anything from him. Hopefully the aero comes in and I can update you all. Not looking good though from all the other replies lol.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #21
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTOXICATEDx2 View Post
All the mixed reviews kept me from pulling the trigger. I got one response from him awhile back ready to pay and never got a reply again.

Found him on ebay, maybe easier to go that route?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DMAX-TYPE-3-S13-SILVIA-BODYKIT-1989-1994-REPLICA/254568672711?hash=item3b4579adc7:ga8AAOSwTapV4B~ ~

Idk. Maybe is a sign to go elsewhere. Source some legit aero like souless said.
I emailed him thru ebay as well..no response, plus look process time 25-30 then u gotta wait for shipping..
Old 10-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #22
llnoahll

UPDATE: I just sent another email today and heard back from him within a few hours. He is working on my kit and it should be sent out by the end of the month.

I would recommend putting your order number in the subject line. I will be sure to upload pictures when I receive the kit and let you all know how shipping went.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:45 AM   #23
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Is this image actually his product for the S14 rear overs? Or is it a different maker he's using a photo for? This is essentially what I'm after.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:56 AM   #24
llnoahll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Is this image actually his product for the S14 rear overs? Or is it a different maker he's using a photo for? This is essentially what I'm after.

The unpainted picture of just the white over fender is definitely the exact same as what Origin has listed. As for the yellow car, that may be his I searched google for that image and all that comes up is his website ( I would lean towards its probably one of his kits though).

For his type 3 kit he specifically states the pictures are actual customer cars which I do not see on this yellow cars kit.

This guy ran Fineline's MBN kit on his pink/white s14. Here is a video of him un boxing the kit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klHcQQahIak. His instagram is always garage sideways. He has lots of pictures of his car when he had the kit, before he bought an S15.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:49 PM   #25
S14rebuild
BANNED

Like i stated, i saw a full aero qnd front fenders from him qbout 1 yr ago.... it took alot of body work...hella pinholes and thin spots...the rear bumper was bowed out on one side so bad it cracked tryn to attach to the car... cost my friend qbout $2k in body work just to fit and fix all the issues..no paint. Alson can speak on the red hatch on the site too..shit load of issuse on quality. I opted to wait qnd go legit.

The pics he has on his site are his products. Just with hella body work.

Simplecoupe on here has his zenki on fineline site and he ran zenki qnd kouki kit from them might wanna pm him and see what he says on quality, wait time and contact..
Old 10-20-2020, 01:01 PM   #26
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I purchased the Koguchi S13 hatch style front fenders and rear overs about 4 years ago. I remember it taking about two months to get them and in my case it didn't matter because the car was down. The finish and fitment was about a 7 out of 10. About the same if not a little better than the current panels Origin is putting out.

I had the s13 Origin Stylish kit back in 08 and it fit fantastic. Lightyears better than the recent s13 hatch Origin Racing Line kit I've had experience with.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I mean, the only thing I ordered are rear quarters. If they suck, I don't really care because they're going to get fucked up regardless but it's pretty shitty if you can't lay 2 fairly flat panels in glass and mail them out in a pretty good time frame - just saying.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #28
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The shipping page has multiple typos, someone mentioned he is a one man show, and almost everyone is mentioning how it has taken a long time to receive parts without any information on when it will arrive.

Take a hint people.

This guy is obviously in over his head, OR has a poor work ethic, OR has personal problems. No one with the aforementioned being true does this to customers paying for an active product on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
it's pretty shitty if you can't lay 2 fairly flat panels in glass and mail them out in a pretty good time frame - just saying.
You make it sound easy. Maybe make them yourself instead of complaining about someone you paid to do it for you? You never cease to amaze me haha
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #29
slider2828
Post Whore!

Yea 2 months and $500 and 0 emails. Hmm. Yeah, i would dispute and i did. I was just really hoping. BTW, look at street faction. Used to be 1 man show and look at it now. Legit af business
Old 11-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #30
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by llnoahll View Post
UPDATE: I just sent another email today and heard back from him within a few hours. He is working on my kit and it should be sent out by the end of the month.

I would recommend putting your order number in the subject line. I will be sure to upload pictures when I receive the kit and let you all know how shipping went.
Did this go anywhere?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote