Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #1
merlz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nissan Z Proto Discussion

I thought since this was Zilvia. There would be plenty of people on here who'd like to share their thoughts on the new Z Proto that was recently announced.

I've heard a lot of positive and a lot of negative. I'm on the positive side of this discussion. I applaud Nissan for even releasing this car.
They were in a rough financial state not too long ago. Sports car releases are always a gamble as well so kudos to them.

I personally love the design language. They went back to their roots and took inspiration from the best model Z's.
The fact they went with a twin turbo V6 manual is the icing on the cake for me.

Anyway.. Please discuss.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
Toomuchboost12
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Toomuchboost12 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nissan Z Proto Discussion

I love the design tbh and I know it?s a prototype but I wish it was a little wider ( quarter panels ) with nice lip spoiler and change the front bumper design its too plain . The color they chose I felt it should be red or orange . The color dosnt really being appeal . The interior is perfect . The rear end needs some touching too . Too plain Jane tbh
Toomuchboost12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:18 PM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I was gonna start this but thought it might be in the Future RWD Cars thread.

I like it. It's a prototype but it also shows that they are trying to give the ZChassis car guys something that takes from every iteration of Z. I'm not nitpicking because this looks like it's headed in the right direction.

I was watching the livestream of the release and you'd be surprised by the level of BMW Supra salt in the chat: "NiCe bMw Z cAr!"

1. Your Supra was called a BMW because it is comprised of BMW parts. this was not an arbitrary throwaway joke.

2. I don't see any BMW in the design...

3...but I DO see Aston Martin and I'm not even mad lol.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #4
Calver
BANNED

Calver is an unknown quantity at this point
This is one exciting new model and the interior is lovely!
Calver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:21 PM   #5
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like it. It’s not my favorite, that goes to Lars Martensson “GRID”. His concept is almost perfect. http://www.diseno-art.com/encycloped...z_concept.html
JDM240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #6
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
I thought this was great imagery to point out all the styling cues for some that might not have picked up on them.

The grille is probably the biggest talking point due it's simple/literally square design.
I agree it needs to be altered in some way.
Make it slightly smaller? Add some vents to compliment it?

Old 09-16-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
peglio

peglio is an unknown quantity at this point
I love it , lots of potential . I have already seen a good few renderings of aftermarket style kits and it?s pretty cool [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
peglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:04 AM   #8
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
I approve of it, the front looks dope but the back reminds me of a newer mustang for some reason lol if we Can’t get a new s-chassis at least we’re getting a new z. Not to mention v6 twin turbo and manual
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #9
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
i really like how this design makes the car look smaller. Even though the Z32 and Z33 chassis aren't very big cars when you have them next to other cars/trucks for context, they alone, to me, looked like they were always trying to take up more space then they actually were. This car LOOKS nimble, which is tough with crash requirements today.

Love the tail light treatment, ties it in with the Z32 and S14's. ..And thank god it looks like they are going away from the "crab claw" treatment for the lighting.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #10
sr23det
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
sr23det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like that it is plain, you can add to it and make it your own sorta thing. I'll buy it depending on starting msrp/options or do I go for a c8. I don't think I can wait long enough for the Nismo version.
sr23det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:49 PM   #11
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
g_mac530 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g_mac530
Potential is there. At least a manufacturer is trying to concept. Something very cool could come from this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
g_mac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:40 PM   #12
ch7794

ch7794 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really like it! I agree with most that the grille needs some refinement though. And I'd be surprised if those brakes make it to the production model unless that's a hint at what price range it could be in lol I think they'd be stupid to have it priced like the supra but than again I think it'll be better (biased because 6mt) and maybe they'll have other engine options??
ch7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:13 AM   #13
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I think the only thing it needs is a retro-inspired bumper going right through the middle. Most of the guys posting up their takes on the design are adding that too.

We need to keep the Kyza and Kei Miura away from this one...

Props to my friend for sending me this hahahaha.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #14
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Its ugly. If you guys cant see that, its because you've gotten used to ugly looking cars. When the designers need to keep trying to make a "throw back" then you know they've run out of ideas and resources.

Which brings me to my next point, with the internal power struggles in plotting and scheming to push out Carlos Ghosn - the company has been in deep shit for quite some time now. IMO, there are only dark times ahead for this company.

Really, what do you guys expect from a company that is on the path to ruin? There is a reason why the R35/Z34 have been in production for 10+ years now. They are OUT of ideas and/or revenue.

But dont worry, we've got this new throw-back model that our fresh out design school team came up with!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #15
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
this is literally the first Z ive ever looked at and thought "you know, that thing looks GOOD!". i am NOT a Z fan at all either!

looking forward to this beast coming out. i think the front bumper could use a little tweaking TBH. there needs to be some sort of separator in the center to make it more 240z apparent... but over all tits.

like the notion of it being twin turbo AND stick makes it SO much more appealing than the overly bloated and ugly 350z and 370z of the past. i saw this car and thought to myself "ok, i would totally make an original kit for this car!". might have to go buy one just to do that!

TOYOTA SUPRA: Our customers dont want manual, so were only making automatic.

NISSAN PROTO Z: Hold my beer...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:33 AM   #16
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
I dont like the headlights. looks like a yellow tesla. A little disappointed theres no recessed headlight features. I'd get rid of the piss stain on the seats, but other than that the interior is so kino i wouldnt change another stitch.

You'll have to excuse me for my cynicism after the IDX debacle.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #17
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I really appreciate the simplicity and how clean the design is. I think that the front is almost perfect. Twin turbo engine will need that big mouth grill and remember that there will be front plate going there to. If I was in charge, I will remove that vertical (350z) crease from both sides of front bumper and maybe smooth it even more, keeping it clean and simple. The lip at the bottom of the front will have to be changed accordingly.
I'm also not sure what's going on at the bottom of the rear bumper (maybe light reflections in the pictures) but as long as it simple and smooth as the front it's great.

Love the matted out simple and driver oriented interior, and hope that options will start from bare minimum to keep the cost very competitive.

I hope Nissan won't skip on suspension/brakes and engine in the first release and concentrate on add-ons like fogs, areo,/fake vents, ridiculous audio/multimedia, leathers etc. for later versions.

This car needs to "kill" it's competition with the first punch by giving an enthusiasts "perfect canvas to paint on" and wake up the legend again.

Can't wait for the updates
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:20 PM   #18
FacetiousEngima

FacetiousEngima is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face

Dysentery/jaundice yellow is my last pick for a car paint and the grill looks retarded and without character. Beside that it looks pretty good imo. Not going to buy one though because I don't have 45k and while the design may have been exclusively Nissan, they stopped making good cars after 1999.
FacetiousEngima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:11 PM   #19
3NDLESS
Leaky Injector

3NDLESS is an unknown quantity at this point
The 370z was ugly as it is, 20 years later and we have the 400z, give it another 20 years or so and we'll probably have an autistic, down-syndrome offspring for another two decades.
3NDLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #20
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Not a fan of the 370 with panels put on it
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #21
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Don't harp so much on little details, like the paint..which won't make it to production, and brakes/wheels, which won't be finalized until later. Big picture stuff!

Big picture, I'm glad they are still trying. They may not please every one of us, but in the last few decades of a petrol powered cars, lets appreciate someone out there still gives a shit. Appreciate that it's still RWD, that it'll be twin turbo (which we haven't seen on Z in over 20 years), that it'll come with big brakes, and a more rigid chassis from the factory that trumps anything we try to do with our cars.

Think of how Toyota fans must feel ? The GT86, missed in so many ways. From the Subaru engine, to the scion level build quality, and then being taken over by the overfender fanboys to the point where its kind of a joke. At least this newest Z is still a Nissan Z at its core. Not some Subaru (and now BMW) cost cutting special. We live in a climate where sports cars don't sell, and don't make the manufacturers any profit, so if they put them out, it's because they want to.

Just consider what we could have on our plate..

Old 09-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #22
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This thing is growing on me fast. Better than a lot of cars that have come out recent.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #23
cherryhatch

cherryhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3NDLESS View Post
The 370z was ugly as it is, 20 years later and we have the 400z, give it another 20 years or so and we'll probably have an autistic, down-syndrome offspring for another two decades.
420z cant wait
Old 09-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #24
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
New Supra looked good, New GT86 looked good, New NSX looked good. New Miata looked good.

Then Nissan had to ruin everything and release this ugly thing. Thank god they didn't bring back the silvia. They honestly should just stick to producing more parts state side for their older sports cars instead of working on making new sports cars.

The S30 and Z32 are the only good looking Z's to me. The rest are god awful.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #25
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQd...&feature=share
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:41 PM   #26
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhatch View Post
420z cant wait
Standard equipment: Eyelid appearance package
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #27
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just barely noticed the roof spoiler on the Z Proto. It doesn't show well in pictures but there's been some recent walkaround videos of the car at the pavilion.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:18 PM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
The main problem I have with the car is the lack of ideas. Everyone knows the company is in the shitter right now, makes you wonder who are the individuals handling this project.

The lack of originality is very apparent. Lets take the S30 and merge it with a Z32. The vanilla styling is so plain that they had to put the brand and model on the tires.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #29
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
The main problem I have with the car is the lack of ideas. Everyone knows the company is in the shitter right now, makes you wonder who are the individuals handling this project.

The lack of originality is very apparent. Lets take the S30 and merge it with a Z32. The vanilla styling is so plain that they had to put the brand and model on the tires.
True, the company is struggling, and ideas..and now funds, are getting a little thin. Five years ago when this project was in its early stages of development, the company wasn't in AS BAD a state...still bad, but not to the point when its CEO flees the country. I'm just trying to keep an open mind on it the whole thing, what we see hear may not be anything like what comes out...but it also may be exactly like this. It may take seeing in person to get a full understanding of how it's proportioned, much like I had to do when the C8 came out.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #30
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What's up with the door panels, dash, and center console taking up so much interior space? Good luck putting a roll cage in that thing.

Also, what is that notch in the driver's seat beside the hand brake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote