Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
jordan102398

Trader Rating: (0)
jordan102398 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Fresh Air / Recirulation vent won't shut.

My 1997 180sx has this issue where hot air comes from the foot vents when the digital climate control is off. It also only seems to happen when I have my windows down. I believe this is because having the windows down is creating suction which ends up pulling air through those floor vents. So in order to fix this I thought turning on the recirculation button would stop air from getting sucked through, however it doesn't. My guess is that the vent isn't opening and closing, so I want to manually close it. Where is this vent located? Has anyone else experienced this and was able to fix it?

I have searched but it seems no one has had my exact issue. Usually turning on recirulation fixes it for them.

Thanks.
jordan102398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Welcome to owning an S13. You have the satan heat.

Usually the trans tunnel pulls in a ton of heat. I did the bottom of my floor with some thermotec stuff, that really helped a LOT.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #3
jordan102398

I don't think it is from the trans tunnel as it is blowing on my feet. And again only with the windows open.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
jordan102398

Bump for answers
Old 07-16-2019, 08:40 PM   #5
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Is your temp control set to heat? If not, check the valve that controls the coolant flow to the heater core.

Your recirc door is inside past the blower motor. I've seen the small screws that hold it to hinge come off and the recirc function will no longer work.
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #6
jordan102398

For any wondering, I sort of fixed the issue. I found out the blend door that controls the air temp was stuck on hot. It is located in the center of the dash behind the radio. Since I have a 180sx with digital climate control it is a motor that opens it and closes it. I disconnected the motor and push the blend door to cold a ice cold ac came through the vents. Not sure if the motor is shot or the digital climate control but for now this works.