Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #691
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
No, sleek RWD hatch would be more fitting. Can't take away sales from other car's in the lineup.
I meant on top of a new 240.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #692
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well i hope they freaking do something about it because nissan as an entity in the performace racing aspects in north america isnt really happening... theyre image is like a ghost... they are there, but arent... last time i really remember them in any major form of racing was back when they were in world challenge touring.. with that aweful lookin sentra revival.. granted they won a few races and got F**k over by peter cunningham..... rumors*. but i wanna see them back in the game... plus i want a new sporty small car..that has a nissan badge or infiniti.... no more fwd unless your gonna include 4wd... ive kept up with this thread... iv read most of it...
Old 06-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #693
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
If Nissan's redesign of the Z, and the new 240 have 3/4 the amount of effort and success as the GTR, when those two cars come out Nissan will possibly have the greatest line-up of any affordable car company. They could REALLY push that sporty image again. Plus they would be able to pretty much cover any kind of class in racing. Other then Nascar of course.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #694
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
If Nissan's redesign of the Z, and the new 240 have 3/4 the amount of effort and success as the GTR, when those two cars come out Nissan will possibly have the greatest line-up of any affordable car company. They could REALLY push that sporty image again. Plus they would be able to pretty much cover any kind of class in racing. Other then Nascar of course.
Unless it's FWD. Then they better be prepared to be firebombed by angry mobs.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #695
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
I meant on top of a new 240.
????

I still rather see a sleek hatch shape (ala Z3 coupe) besides a small RWD sedan.

I can't imagine a sedan smaller than the G35...probably because my imagination is skewed. Then again it would be fitting in Europe. I've only seen 1 BMW 1-series around here I see daily during traffic. Cute car (and driver )...but I can't see it being successful in the states.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #696
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
????

I still rather see a sleek hatch shape (ala Z3 coupe) besides a small RWD sedan.

I can't imagine a sedan smaller than the G35...probably because my imagination is skewed. Then again it would be fitting in Europe. I've only seen 1 BMW 1-series around here I see daily during traffic. Cute car (and driver )...but I can't see it being successful in the states.
I meant in addition to having a 240 sleek hatch/coupe a snamm Infiniti RWD sedan. If you are having a hard time picturing it, think G20, with current G35 Sedan styling around 250hp, starting around $26k and topping out in the low $30's.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #697
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
...think G20, with current G35 Sedan styling around 250hp, starting around $26k and topping out in the low $30's.

and in rwd...ooooo...that sounds yummy =D

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #698
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
if they do a G20 resurrection.... I think I will be all over it... even if its fwd

then again, when I owned one (p11) it was one of my favorites
Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #699
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
no kidding...and were waiting... FOR EVER... NASCAR blah look what happend toyota joined that league didnt take them long to dominate... other make drivers are bitching about how much hp their engine makes...i can tell you this since watching nascar for about 2 years now...they got it all figured out...

ive seen a few nissan cars running the Grand AM, but thats about it...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #700
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
if they do a G20 resurrection.... I think I will be all over it... even if its fwd

then again, when I owned one (p11) it was one of my favorites
I think a lot of people on this forum would be over a RWD G20 Revival. Look at how many people have moved on to sedans like Evo's and STI's, etc.

I think I'd be equally excited about an Infiniti like this as I would be about the new 240.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #701
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ a g20 revival would be a smart move for nissan/infiti too. they need a light sporty sedan in their line up. The G20t models were great looking cars. I'd really like one just based on styling, but I just don't like how fwd cars feel and handle for the most part. Can't wait to see some shots of this "BMW Killer" though.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #702
IStop4NoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
IStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It would be interesting to see a sentra turned into a G20 type car. i think that platform has potential, they just gave it a bland style on the outside. (i have one haha).
it already has a smooth ride, very quiet, and has decent power. just throw in a bit more power, nicer outside and inside and that would be a seller for all those looking for something cheaper than a G35 but still want a luxury type small car.
But i still want a new 240 variant damnit!
IStop4NoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #703
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStop4NoMan View Post
It would be interesting to see a sentra turned into a G20 type car. i think that platform has potential, they just gave it a bland style on the outside. (i have one haha).
it already has a smooth ride, very quiet, and has decent power. just throw in a bit more power, nicer outside and inside and that would be a seller for all those looking for something cheaper than a G35 but still want a luxury type small car.
But i still want a new 240 variant damnit!
I'm in no way interested in an Infiniti version of the Sentra. Infiniti cars should be RWD.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #704
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Autoblog has a new rendering and are calling the Suby Coupe an Impreza.

Subaru and Toyota's rear-wheel-drive lovechild is on its way, and AutoExpress has tapped Larson to render the new coupe to give us an idea of what we'll be saving up for come 2010.

As previously reported, both versions will be sporting separate sheet metal to differentiate the two coupes from one another. We'd suspect that the Toyota version will be fitted with a traditional trunk, while the Subaru version will get a hatch similar to that found on the WRX/STI. The image above takes all the right cues from the current Impreza, particularly the aggressive roofline and hunkered stance, and ratchets it up a notch with a new front bumper, swept back headlamps and bulging fender flares.

As we're already aware, both the Toyota version (which supposedly won't make it to U.S. shores) and the Subaru variant will be powered by a naturally aspirated 2.0-liter boxer, sending around 180 hp to the rear wheels. AutoExpress claims that a 300-hp version equipped with the turbocharged 2.5-liter flat-four is also destined for production, along with an all-wheel-drive version further down the road. For those of us that have been dreaming of an STI-powered GC8 coupe, this could spare us the considerable headache and expense when it goes on sale in 2012.

More info from Auto Express
t's the most stylish Subaru ever! And this striking Impreza coupé will go into production in 2010.

Joining the recently launched hatch-back model, it will allow the Japanese company to tackle the BMW 3-Series Coupé and Nissan 350Z head-on, as well as reach out to new customers.

The car has been developed as part of a joint venture with Subaru owner Toyota – the project will also spawn a long-awaited successor to the Nineties Celica. The Impreza coupé takes styling cues from the five-door model, but gets a rakish rear end. That gives it a chunky yet athletic appearance which stands out from the crowd.

Power will come from a choice of two engines, both employing the flat-four boxer layout for which Subaru is famous. There’s a normally aspirated 2.0-litre unit giving around 180bhp, or a high-performance 2.5-litre turbo powerplant borrowed from the range-topping five-door STi. The latter will deliver in the region of 300bhp.

For the entry-level machine, the Impreza’s four-wheel-drive system will be dropped in favour of a more lightweight and less expensive rear-drive set-up. That will put the emphasis on maximum driving thrills. But the more powerful car will send power to four tyres to harness all that punch.

The newcomer will go on sale first in Japan and the US, and could arrive here in the UK in 2011. In entry-level guise, it’s set to cost around £20,000, with the flagship priced at £25,000.

In a related story, Nissan is working on an affordable rear-wheel-drive coupé to sit below the 350Z. The Silvia replacement will go on sale in 2010
Old 06-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #705
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
STi coupe i'll take 1 of those!!
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #706
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The new STi Hatch is growing on me but I would have stood in a line to buy one if it looked like that.
slidingsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #707
kyoru
Zilvia Addict

kyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfection
I just saw that, thats how they should have made the styling in the first place.

kyoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #708
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Hmm I smell a revival of the 22b.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #709
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
I'm in no way interested in an Infiniti version of the Sentra. Infiniti cars should be RWD.
See for some of us that have owned a G20 or have driven one its different than the whole sentra she-bang deal.

with a sentra its ugly but cheap

with a g20 its cheap, but built better along with not so ugly. heck they even had awd g20's but that was something that people in japan and the aussies were able to enjoy.

also... well to me it served great in terms of daily driver, girls liked it because it wasn't some primered ass car that had an ugly interior or rode bumpy (which is why many hate 240's), and for the male end it had looks along with plenty of support for power and suspension mods.

anyways at the current time being, a small, light weight, sporty, infiniti, awd (better than fwd), entry level pricing would have a good market. rwd is more for the g35 sedan imo.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #710
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
See for some of us that have owned a G20 or have driven one its different than the whole sentra she-bang deal.

with a sentra its ugly but cheap

with a g20 its cheap, but built better along with not so ugly. heck they even had awd g20's but that was something that people in japan and the aussies were able to enjoy.

also... well to me it served great in terms of daily driver, girls liked it because it wasn't some primered ass car that had an ugly interior or rode bumpy (which is why many hate 240's), and for the male end it had looks along with plenty of support for power and suspension mods.

anyways at the current time being, a small, light weight, sporty, infiniti, awd (better than fwd), entry level pricing would have a good market. rwd is more for the g35 sedan imo.
If they made an Infiniti small sedan based on the Sentra it would still have the ghastly Sentra proportions ie high roof, high beltline, short front and rear, and too narrow...ie UGLY. It won't be sporty enough or go along with the low slung proportions of the current Infiniti line-up. They need to wait, and make it based off of the new 240 platform, which from everything I've gathered will be basically a shortened FM platform car. This will probably be the same platform that underpins the new Infiniti 1 Series fighter.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #711
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://news.windingroad.com/body-sty...aru-rwd-coupe/ rep me
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #712
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
well...with them there pics of the toybaru sneaked...i somehow get the feeling the new silvia test mule pics will be close behind as im sure nissan isnt going to sit around and take this lightly

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #713
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Cool, does if come with the little asian kid too?

Looks like a ford focus with the camo. I like the concept better.
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #714
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Its a test mule so we wont be able to tell anything about how its gonna look yet.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #715
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
blah, Id rather have subarus hatch over toyotas coupe. That is if toyota brings theirs to the US.

Guess I need to go open a savings account.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #716
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

cute car looks like a jetta... gimme sleek sharp and narrow...
like a typical s chassis im game. the subtoy is okay looking the toy version looks alot better tho... it definetly would be nice with 300hp in the engine bay nice quality the manufacture decided to do with...
Old 06-05-2008, 03:26 AM   #717
1989rps13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (10)
1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1989rps13
the new silvia will be a "mini 350z" ???
http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-t...t-by-2010.html

i cant find the pics anymore but it showed spy photos of a look a like 350Z but much smaller and i believe that was the new silvia in hatchback style

and the 350z will move up to be the 370Z or something like that

also the new silvia may be hybrid!? :-0
http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-2...owertrain.html
1989rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:39 AM   #718
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

wtf -reg for posting old news
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #719
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
I meant in addition to having a 240 sleek hatch/coupe a snamm Infiniti RWD sedan. If you are having a hard time picturing it, think G20, with current G35 Sedan styling around 250hp, starting around $26k and topping out in the low $30's.

I know haha...I just saying I don't see that happening in the states and not looking forward to such a vehicle (probably one of the few). In Europe I can see such a car existing.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #720
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Since no one is posting the pic directly.

This is obviously a very early test mule just to test the platform and not the styling. You can see that most of the body panels are from a Legacy. I DOUBT this coupe will share any styling similarities with the Legacy. Although I don't think any one here would think that is a bad thing.