Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-03-2020, 11:07 PM   #1
Liam pink

Trader Rating: (0)
Liam pink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How can I put my windows up (s14)

Yes sounds dumb I know. but i bought a drift car (s14 Silvia) and the drivers window won't go up for a couple reasons. The whole door panel has been replaced with a peice of sheet metal with no switch on it and probably no wires or anything running to the motor. And also I can't pull it up as its stuck. So how can I at least be able to pull the window up. I'll be using it for drifting so I'll mostly have it down anyway but I need to be able to pull it up so it doesn't get soaked with water on the inside. If I remove the regulator will the window just fall or will I be able to manually raise and lower it? What should I do? Thanks
Liam pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2020, 11:14 PM   #2
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Do you know if the window motor is still inside? If it is just hook up 12v to it and roll it up?
Old 02-03-2020, 11:24 PM   #3
Liam pink

Trader Rating: (0)
Liam pink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
Do you know if the window motor is still inside? If it is just hook up 12v to it and roll it up?
I'm unsure I could have a look but tbh I'm gonna have to do it after every event so could get very annoying.
Liam pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:37 PM   #4
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Then your best best is to wire it to a switch. Another option would be to just make a lexan copy & use pins at the bottom to hold it in when parked.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #5
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
remove the regulator and pin it up...use long pin so you can actuate it without having to take panel off each time...I thought about doing this: aluminum panel for door panel w/decent arm rest, slots with handle/bolts/whatever can grab to move window up and down and simple slide lock to lock it in the up position...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #6
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
You're going to need to use the switch to make it operate any any fashion.

You're other option is to remove the window completely, goto home depot and get some bathroom lexan or what not, and then fab a 'window' that you can put in and remove for transport/keeping the water out. Not a hard job either.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:35 AM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
step one: remove the big metal sheet
step two: inspect whats ACTUALLY there
step three: ?????
step four: profit

if all the factory wiring and motor is still in place, just wire a toggle switch to it and go about your day.

if its NOT there, you've got some figuring to do. . . .
maybe retrofit some wiring and a motor from a donor door
afaik no s14 came with manual windows, so I don't know if it would be a huge pain to MAKE it operate as manual.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote