Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-02-2018, 11:44 PM   #31
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The price is only as dumb as the buyer.

No point being salty at the sellers.

If there is a market for it, people will sell it.

Why would anyone not try to get top dollar for something theh are selling?
Old 01-03-2018, 12:19 AM   #32
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
That article is so dumb. I’m more upset about the flawed logic than the “secret” getting out.

Like you mentioned before, people with brains already knew all of this info so it’s not like we never had competition to begin with. (Although more first-timers who just want some IG cred are going to follow the article step by step )

As far as the 1, 2, 3 you have listed there, I draw the line at 2. I have purchased items that I want to use and generally when it comes time to sell, the goal is to make your money back. If you don’t lose on shipping, it’s a win. Any extra on top, it’s a win.

My main issue would be people who buy items strictly with the intentions of mark-up and profit. That isn’t cool imo. If you have no intentions of using the item, send the link to a friend who might be interested. Don’t buy it and offer it to them for double.
Said the whiny parts fence?

So basically, fuck them for doing what you do (but a little different).

If it's okay to do it, there's not much line you can draw - it's okay for you because you have pure intentions? If you buy parts from japan and resell them in the US, you're doing the same thing, and this thread is a bunch of bitching about getting your hustles stepped on.

"let's not use any names, or mention any time or place, or any particular subject, or why it bothers us so much, or what bothers us so much, but whatever it is, it really needs to stop, because some people are probably outraged or something"

You know zilvia's done when it's just the different parts-gougers agreeing that everybody should be grateful of their service.

Dipshits trashed all the 240s, ran all the cool bits into walls, parted it all out, and now you're complaining that prices are going up? Poor old you can't profiteer so easily anymore? It's about time, better than prices being artificially low as every last cool car or part is burnt thru in a few years. You all bought your cool shift knobs or whatever just as all the 240s got destroyed, and now people want them, it's not because YOU bought one, and they're just worse people than you.... It's because YOU and your buddies parted out 838755 240s, and now they're largely gone. Your crappy culture consumed itself, because you chose to profit in unsustainable short-term ways.

Last edited by mechanicalmoron; 01-03-2018 at 12:49 AM..
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #33
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
The price is only as dumb as the buyer.

No point being salty at the sellers.

If there is a market for it, people will sell it.

Why would anyone not try to get top dollar for something theh are selling?
I disagree.

I get salty because somewhere down the line some fucking cunt started all of this and the trend caught on. Now we're in 2018 and shit is so fucking inflated it's no wonder people mount the "can't afford legit parts" argument when their car looks like a bag of smashed assholes.

I can see how you're playing Devil's Advocate and I really do see what you mean. I'm posing the question of what the fuck can we do as a community to try and make a dent. If you're not with the optimism (that something can be done) that's cool man. Just wanted to get people thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post

...this thread is a bunch of bitching about getting your hustles stepped on.

"let's not use any names, or mention any time or place, or any particular subject, or why it bothers us so much, or what bothers us so much, but whatever it is, it really needs to stop, because some people are probably outraged or something"

Dipshits trashed all the 240s, ran all the cool bits into walls, parted it all out, and now you're complaining that prices are going up? Poor old you can't profiteer so easily anymore? It's about time, better than prices being artificially low as every last cool car or part is burnt thru in a few years. You all bought your cool shift knobs or whatever just as all the 240s got destroyed, and now people want them, it's not because YOU bought one, and they're just worse people than you.... It's because YOU and your buddies parted out 838755 240s, and now they're largely gone. Your crappy culture consumed itself, because you chose to profit in unsustainable short-term ways.
1.) There it is. The first dude calling it a hustle. No one in here has an IG page with the word 'entrepreneur' in the bio and an ugly 'car girl girlfriend' rubbing her asshole all over the hood of their car to get IG likes. So yeah, no one here is hustling, playboi.

2.) Obviously people are pissed. There are people in this thread. I'm in fucking Japan and I can't even get shit locally because every fucking neckbeard with a 90s Japanese car resells parts.

3.) Holy shit: put on your tinfoil hats. You're saying that the mark-up is due to fuckboys destroying cars? What the fuck does 'artificially low' mean?

4.) Aren't you the same fucking dude defending shitboxes?

Quote:
People are not static. You can give them what it takes to improve, or you can drive them away, and cut your nose off to spite your face.
Where's this optimism? Only works when you want to defend a fucking piece of shit posted in the DIW thread? Can you not see the contradictions here...
Old 01-03-2018, 03:56 AM   #34
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Said the whiny parts fence?

So basically, fuck them for doing what you do (but a little different).
Haha are you delusional? i do not constantly hunt auctions for profit strictly with intentions to sell. Nor anything similar. Not sure what you’re even getting at.

Quote:
it's okay for you because you have pure intentions? If you buy parts from japan and resell them in the US, you're doing the same thing, and this thread is a bunch of bitching about getting your hustles stepped on.
But that’s the thing, I’m not trying to hustle parts, and I don’t have intentions to make profit.
Everyone buys and sells parts but buying and selling doesn’t mean you always have intentions to flip things and profit.

Quote:

Directing your angry misquotes from other people at me? You’re starting to sound like dizzariot is ruining your IG resale’s.

Last edited by Almighty So; 01-03-2018 at 08:56 AM..
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:02 AM   #35
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
It was given to us by all the people that got roasted on this forum lol.

1.) Yeah that's a weird thing to do (posted by souljaseth33) and I think he's the only one saying people should do that lol.
haha I should have put more out there. I was't deliberately taking a loss, the item just didn't sell for what I paid. I wasn't upset, and didn't buy to up-sell it, so I took the sale and moved on.

I'm only there for things I'm looking for, not going on there looking to buy & make profit.
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #36
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This thread is so stupid. If you can't afford something don't bitch about it's fair market value. If something is overpriced it won't sell and capitalism will prevail.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #37
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
This thread is so stupid. If you can't afford something don't bitch about it's fair market value. If something is overpriced it won't sell and capitalism will prevail.
There is a difference between buying parts for cheap and selling them at market value and buying parts to drive the price up.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #38
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
There is a difference between buying parts for cheap and selling them at market value and buying parts to drive the price up.
Market value is what something is selling for, period. It doesn't matter how that price was determined or if it's higher than what you think it should be. Nothing is percluding you from doing the same thing, if you have the capital to buy all of a product and take that risk buy all means...
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #39
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I disagree.

I get salty because somewhere down the line some fucking cunt started all of this and the trend caught on. Now we're in 2018 and shit is so fucking inflated it's no wonder people mount the "can't afford legit parts" argument when their car looks like a bag of smashed assholes.

I can see how you're playing Devil's Advocate and I really do see what you mean. I'm posing the question of what the fuck can we do as a community to try and make a dent. If you're not with the optimism (that something can be done) that's cool man. Just wanted to get people thinking about it.
As someone said earlier, this is no different than the sneaker game.

The resell price only goes down due to low demand, or when the market is oversaturated.

So to answer your question as to what can be done? Reallistically, nothing. Maybe try to convince a manufacturer that there is a market for a certain product and try to reproduce the item.

If you see people reselling a product which is widely available elsewhere? Simply call them out on it and provide facts. That’s all you can really do.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #40
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I disagree.
Good for you

Quote:
In 2006 it still cost a zillion dollars to import a body kit. Those "fucking cunts" are driving up the prices of shift knobs, thrash seats, 20 y/o gauges and shitty high-offset 3 piece wheels. None of which make a car look cool. Last I checked you can still buy paint in America.

Quote:
1.) There it is. The first dude calling it a hustle. No one in here has an IG page with the word 'entrepreneur' in the bio and an ugly 'car girl girlfriend' rubbing her asshole all over the hood of their car to get IG likes. So yeah, no one here is hustling, playboi.
Is your primary occupation importing Japanese goods? No? Then its your hustle.

Quote:
2.) Obviously people are pissed. There are people in this thread. I'm in fucking Japan and I can't even get shit locally because every fucking neckbeard with a 90s Japanese car resells parts.
You can't get shit locally because you've only lived in Japan for a year, Yokosuka at that, land of corner dealerships selling rusty resprayed GTRs for double what they're worth to sailors with more money than brain, and I'm sure you don't speak the language fluently either. I have a handful of friends over there that buy and sell stuff on a weekly basis because they know where to look.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #41
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^ I know when Jordans were a big deal I was making a killing selling shoes back when I was a teenager. People couldn't wait 6 hours in line for a high demand shoe but would pay double the original price to own a pair. Yea we can argue if its right or wrong but shit I was only making 7.25 at burger king. Hell yea Im going to take advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
It's the natural evolution of a culture that is booming outside of the originally intended market.

We started to glorify select parts as being rare (even when they're not), and some people decided to capitalize on it. That's business.

You guys are blaming the resellers, and failing to recognize how the various U.S. "drifting" subcultures have created this demand. Welcome to the Internet.
bigs pretty much nailed it honestly.

Quote:
This thread is so stupid. If you can't afford something don't bitch about it's fair market value.
Exactly. My first thought when I read through this thread.

Quote:
If something is overpriced it won't sell and capitalism will prevail.
Yup! These guys outbid me on this jacket for $310 dollars a while back. Its been sitting for a year and a half and will never sell because its overpriced
https://www.getautofactory.com/colle...omber-jacket-l

Like its been mentioned before, the market for these "JDM Goodies" is small so its not really a big impact in my opinion and people seem to be ok paying the price for these things so I dont see it as a big deal. I've been overpaying for automotive jackets since GetAutoFactory (constant collection) first started but I'm fine with the prices haha.
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #42
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the basics of how capitalism/monopolies work but it’s just a pretty crummy situation. I’m not as gung-ho as some on either side of the situation but it has affected me.

California dudes, imagine some third party dude somehow could successful start brokering in-n-out burger to everyone in the world as a side hustle.
I’m from Chicago and love in-n-out so say I’m willing to pay $20 to get a cheeseburger to my house.
In-n-out catches wind of this and ups their price too. Cause I’m willing to pay. Capitalism. You can’t blame me or in-n-out but isn’t it crummy that your local burger joint would now cost double or triple to enjoy? Is the price still fair because I have more disposable income than you?
It’s not that in-n-out was a secret. I find it strange that everyone would theoretically be okay with something they enjoyed being “ruined” for the sake of justifying capitalism.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #43
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I agree with the basics of how capitalism/monopolies work but it’s just a pretty crummy situation. I’m not as gung-ho as some on either side of the situation but it has affected me.

California dudes, imagine some third party dude somehow could successful start brokering in-n-out burger to everyone in the world as a side hustle.
I’m from Chicago and love in-n-out so say I’m willing to pay $20 to get a cheeseburger to my house.
In-n-out catches wind of this and ups their price too. Cause I’m willing to pay. Capitalism. You can’t blame me or in-n-out but isn’t it crummy that your local burger joint would now cost double or triple to enjoy? Is the price still fair because I have more disposable income than you?
It’s not that in-n-out was a secret. I find it strange that everyone would theoretically be okay with something they enjoyed being “ruined” for the sake of justifying capitalism.
In-N-Out is good stuff

That's how it works, unfortunately. Once something is easier to get ahold of the price usually jumps, especially if it is something that is sought after. You can't go to your local picknpull to get these parts, therefore when someone is importing them they want their cut for the time they spent. There is nothing wrong with that, but since so many people are importing parts these days the cost is rising and the importers are becoming more greedy by the day.

I deal with Amazon members on a daily basis (I manage a large Amazon account) and today everyone wants their shit yesterday, they don't want to wait for shipping or for auctions to end even if it costs more. To import stuff yourself you need some understanding of the process and patience. You have to use a bidding proxy of some sort, wait for the auction to end, then wait for shipping to your proxy service and finally wait for shipping to you.

We're a society of lazy fucks, why take the time to research how to import parts yourself or what they are actually worth when scumbag McGee will sell you the part today, with a hefty premium of course...

Last edited by tb13; 01-03-2018 at 01:59 PM..
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #44
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
"Scumbag McGee" ROFL!!
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #45
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Quote:

No, Bad Comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
In-N-Out is good stuff

That's how it works, unfortunately.
No

Almighty,
There is no need for a third party person for IN n Out because its still mass produced. If they did notice this, they would just simply ship it to chicago for $20 dollars and never raise the price up in its home location.

The price would only go up if they realized for some reason everybody is willing to pay $20 dollars there. That means the people who would be upset about it wouldn't matter. The majority are fine with paying that amount.

Just for fun, lets say they did raise it to $20 dollars. That middle man would charge you making it $40 dollars, because it cost 20 dollars to get the burger then 40 to get it towards you.

You're dealing with a market where parts are used. Someone is beating you to the punch to the product and has full advantage. If UpGarage was smart and noticed this they would have some type of service to sell there parts overseas to America.

I do agree though, crummy situation. Kinda sucks getting outbid on jackets but oh well. Also, I will never understand the hype of that place, burgers taste disgusting to me and the fries taste like plastic. I'm more of a Five Guys fan
Old 01-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #46
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
No, Bad Comparison.
Almighty,
There is no need for a third party person for IN n Out because its still mass produced. If they did notice this, they would just simply ship it to chicago for $20 dollars and never raise the price up in its home location.

The price would only go up if they realized for some reason everybody is willing to pay $20 dollars there. That means the people who would be upset about it wouldn't matter. The majority are fine with paying that amount.

Just for fun, lets say they did raise it to $20 dollars. That middle man would charge you making it $40 dollars, because it cost 20 dollars to get the burger then 40 to get it towards you.

You're dealing with a market where parts are used. Someone is beating you to the punch to the product and has full advantage. If UpGarage was smart and noticed this they would have some type of service to sell there parts overseas to America.

I do agree though, crummy situation. Kinda sucks getting outbid on jackets but oh well. Also, I will never understand the hype of that place, burgers taste disgusting to me and the fries taste like plastic. I'm more of a Five Guys fan
You dove way too deep into the comparison he was trying to make, stay surface level and it makes since. Was only suppose to show how something that is/was only produced in a limited area can be distributed to others through someone/company and how that can have an effect on the pricing of such an item.

Back to the real topic though, In-N-Out is only good when you eat it fresh and you get something like a 4X4, their singles and doubles are hardly "burgers"
Old 01-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #47
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You dove way too deep into the comparison he was trying to make, stay surface level and it makes since. Was only suppose to show how something that is/was only produced in a limited area can be distributed to others through someone/company and how that can have an effect on the pricing of such an item.
No.

In-N-Out is mainly produced in California. ("Was only suppose to show how something that is/was only produced in a limited area")

Distrubuted to chicago Third Party("Was only suppose to show how something that is/was only produced in a limited area can be distributed to others through someone/company")

"and how that can have an effect on the pricing of such an item"
Wont have any effect on the price in California, because Californians can just go to the store without a middle man. Prices would only go up if for some odd reason In N Out just said "Oh lets just raise it to 20 dollars" and people were fine with paying that amount. Then as I mentioned above. He would have to pay $40 dollars. If they noticed someone else is selling their burgers out of state for more money and realizing they're making a profit. I am positive they would start doing it their self and the middle man is screwed.

Quote:
Back to the real topic though, In-N-Out is only good when you eat it fresh and you get something like a 4X4, their singles and doubles are hardly "burgers"
I usually get a double but I think its because I am a picky eater. I only eat my burgers with meat and cheese like a weirdo.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #48
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I love how this derailed from used parts to In-N-Out.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #49
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
No, Bad Comparison.

No

You took the burger thing a little too far. It was more about the scenario at hand. For the sake of repetitive examples, I know YAJ doesn’t produce grex shift knobs, however grex shift knobs are now average $100 prompt-decision on yaj. Before fees and services. So yeah, now it is exactly like the burger being $20 already and having to pay even more than normal to get it. Exactly the point I was trying to make.
(Before you throw a fit, I am very well aware yaj does not mass produce grex knobs the way in-n-out makes burgers but the scenario remains the same.)
Are grex knobs still cool? Sure
Are they worth $100 plus additional fees and shipping when they used to be $50 flat? Probably not, but all is fair right? YAJ beat me to it lol.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:29 PM   #50
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You took the burger thing a little too far. It was more about the scenario at hand. For the sake of repetitive examples, I know YAJ doesn’t produce grex shift knobs, however grex shift knobs are now average $100 prompt-decision on yaj. Before fees and services. So yeah, now it is exactly like the burger being $20 already and having to pay even more than normal to get it. Exactly the point I was trying to make.
(Before you throw a fit, I am very well aware yaj does not mass produce grex knobs the way in-n-out makes burgers but the scenario remains the same.)
Are grex knobs still cool? Sure
Are they worth $100 plus additional fees and shipping when they used to be $50 flat? Probably not, but all is fair right? YAJ beat me to it lol.

I guess the point I was trying to make is and why I didn't like that comparison.

If people are ok with spending that amount on the grex knob, there shouldn't be a issue. Yea it used to be $50 dollars but its highly sought after.

It would have never went up in cost if people weren't fine with spending xxx amount on it. Yea there some people who don't think its worth it but the majority do or else they wouldn't be selling at that price.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #51
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
If you see people reselling a product which is widely available elsewhere? Simply call them out on it and provide facts. That’s all you can really do.
Truth. That's kind of what I'm getting at: if we all said "nah man that's fucking stupidly overpriced, check this out" and provide facts to back it we'd essentially drive the prices down to reasonable profit margins over time.

People always want to say I'm hating because it's effecting my 'profiteering' or parts-hunting. I haven't even looked for parts (other than maintenance shit) in a long fucking time. I haven't sold anything from here in a long time, either. This shit largely doesn't effect me anymore but it's still a cancer on the community I'm a part of.

Quote:
Market value is what something is selling for, period. It doesn't matter how that price was determined or if it's higher than what you think it should be. Nothing is percluding you from doing the same thing, if you have the capital to buy all of a product and take that risk buy all means...
There's a drink out here you can buy at the konbini called Chuhai. They're ~ $1 a can. If I start exporting them at $5+/can that cost more than covers my shipping costs so how much of that markup is just me being a greedy dickhead?

Quote:
That's what I'm talking about. If these prices are so fucking overinflated and people are still paying them then by boycotting this shit won't we drive prices down to an acceptable level? I'm not saying people shouldn't profit...the problem with them making this a common thing is the price they post it for once they have it.

So people are either too quick to say 'stop bitching' and 'if you can't afford that' but that's a crock of fucking shit. Being able to afford something and willing to let some cuck reseller monetarily assfuck you are two completely different things.

Thank you, though, for posting up some shit to backup why you think this thread sucks. Helps with understanding everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
You can't get shit locally because you've only lived in Japan for a year, Yokosuka at that, land of corner dealerships selling rusty resprayed GTRs for double what they're worth to sailors with more money than brain, and I'm sure you don't speak the language fluently either. I have a handful of friends over there that buy and sell stuff on a weekly basis because they know where to look.
The assumptions made in here are laughable. I like how you had to insert your plug at the bottom in a pseudo-dick-measuring contest. What was the point of this? You don't like what I'm saying so you're trying to debase me? Stick to the topic.

I'm not gonna talk about how 'tied in' I am, my language proficiency, or where I've been to pick up the cars I own. All I ask is that you don't ever, ever fucking put me on the same level as the dumbfucks from base buying GTRs. That's the worst fucking insult I've ever received on this forum.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #52
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:

If people are ok with spending that amount on the grex knob, there shouldn't be a issue. Yea it used to be $50 dollars but its highly sought after.
Dude I feel like you're not getting it though.

I understand the knobs used to be less.

I understand they're sought after.

So how much is enough? Why are these guys allowed to triple the cost of their purchase and fuck us all over? It's because we let them. It's because people are too stupid to hunt around or call bullshit.

I just hit someone up on IG that shared an IG story showing a bunch of BNIB GREX knobs. I've never had one. I DM'd him asking if he's selling them and he said not at the moment...so why buy 5+ knobs? I'm hoping I can get one because they're cool but rest assured I'm not paying a huge fucking mark-up.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #53
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

It would have never went up in cost if people weren't fine with spending xxx amount on it. Yea there some people who don't think its worth it but the majority do or else they wouldn't be selling at that price.
I get where you’re coming from. Logically makes sense to sell at the top rate of what people are willing to pay.
At the risk of sounding like a hipster douche, it’s a bummer that these new hype boys are just willing to pay more than me when it comes down to it.
Also hurts to think that these same dudes are now the “majority” and the norm.

*before anyone tries to say this is the “poor guy excuse”, throwing your money around like a fool in hopes the internet will think you’re ballin’ on shift knobs is a lot different than actually having money.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:04 PM   #54
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
*before anyone tries to say this is the “poor guy excuse”, throwing your money around like a fool in hopes the internet will think you’re ballin’ on shift knobs is a lot different than actually having money.
Yeah it just makes you a monster cuck like Hubeny.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:22 PM   #55
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
If you buy parts and drive the price up, that's the new market value... duh.

As far as being used, all cars run on used parts.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #56
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm not gonna talk about how 'tied in' I am, my language proficiency, or where I've been to pick up the cars I own. All I ask is that you don't ever, ever fucking put me on the same level as the dumbfucks from base buying GTRs. That's the worst fucking insult I've ever received on this forum.
Chillllll I didn't put you on that level, I'm just saying that's part of the reason your local parts market sucks. You obviously know its true if it strikes such a chord with you.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #57
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
If you buy parts and drive the price up, that's the new market value... duh.
Hahaha I think everyone here knows how market value is determined. I think that’s maaaybe why he said there is a difference in deliberately listing above the current market value to make a profit. Obviously that drives a new market value which is what everyone was talking about in the first place
Welcome aboard, almost.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 PM   #58
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
So a car that I put together when I was 16 years old is somehow relevant to anything in this thread? I fail to see what this comment is supposed to mean lmao.
Took the mr2 apart, (closed the tab at that point, dunno what he allegedly put together) thinks he can tell anyone anything?
Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 PM   #59
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Chillllll I didn't put you on that level, I'm just saying that's part of the reason your local parts market sucks. You obviously know its true if it strikes such a chord with you.
I'm not talking about local, man. YAJ and UpGarage are accessible by anyone. I got offended because the 'GTR base dudes' you described are the type of dick-riders that also flood the market with overpriced shit they get for cheap. They go to UpGrage multiple times in a week, join a forum or make an IG, and drive up prices with their greed. We're all building an archetypal fuckboy with these descriptions.

So how do we educate the dudes with more money than brains? The attitude I'm fighting is the one that believes educating the morons will help the bigger picture but everyone else is cool just overpaying.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:32 PM   #60
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What do you not understand about supply, demand, and scarcity?

You're getting worked up over something you have absolutely no control over, and blowing it out of proportion. If you want to make a change, go around and publicly denounce each item a reseller has listed for more than you think it's worth. See how far that gets you. Based on the fact that you haven't bought/sold anything in a while - you have zero idea how much certain parts are worth anyway.

I get the point you're trying to make. Reseller buys x-amount of an aftermarket part that is no longer being made, and they eventually get to control the perceived market value. Does it suck for the buyer? Sure does. Are people still going to buy the part? Yup. Is it illegal for the seller to do that? Nope. Resellers will always be around, and they will slowly drive up the price of scarce goods. This is not a new concept.

In the meantime, let's try to enjoy the presence of these parts in U.S. drifting culture, and the ease at which we can now get them. Now is the time to buy. It's only going to get more expensive, and rare parts are going to become harder to find (imagine that).
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote