Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #1711
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No, but it's a pretty common problem.

I'd throw some cash in the kitty for a revamp/debugging.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #1712
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yeah, forum is being real funky lately.

at least one of the mods went through and merged my octuple post in my build thread into one
Old 09-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #1713
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
yeah, forum is being real funky lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
at least one of the mods went through and merged my octuple post in my build thread into one
guess who

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #1714
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
How can I sell my wares. It's been like three days and I can't post these P1s up..
Old 09-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #1715
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
guess who
zaddy

but so like is the actual issue gonna ever get fixed or???
Old 09-25-2019, 05:24 AM   #1716
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Dude what the fuck. Am I blocked? I still can't post a fucking thread. Someone help...
Old 09-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #1717
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude what the fuck. Am I blocked? I still can't post a fucking thread. Someone help...
Have you tried restarting you computer?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:10 AM   #1718
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Ichi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
A lot of those cars are too low to drive some of the low-lying canyon roads around me, with the overflow divots and root cracks, not to mention that you need travel for the camber changes and high amplitude bumps around here. I like shitty roads because, more often than not, they go nowhere- and nowhere can have some great scenery.
Hachiroku Meister on youtube and instagram. This car is obviously performance and can handle "canyon roads".

Seems to be a very mild build, bolt-ons and suspension. Simple and functional. No cage, no helmet... he is a madman.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hachirokumeister

Mods listed in description:
1991 Nissan 200SX S13
Federal 595 RSR 235/40R17
CA18DET stock internals, modified intake camshaft
[email protected] bar
stock transmission and shifter, EP3 shift knob
S15 helical LSD
Aftermarket intercooler, radiator and oil cooler
custom 3" exhaust and downpipe, xs manifold
Ksport coilovers with custom spring rates
Energy Suspension bushings
Modified front knuckles, DW Geomaster2 rear knuckles
deleted power steering
Skyline R33 GTST Brakes front & rear with CL RC5+ pads
Ichi-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #1719
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

do i need to drift to own a 240sx? (thoughts that run through my mind damn kids these days let me stick my foot up your ass)

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:09 AM   #1720
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
I recently stumbled across his videos and he's a hot shoe for sure but his car cannot handle my canyon roads. It's too low.

#1- KSports. No generic damper will go on any of my cars. Most aftermarket coilovers fall flat with regards to droop travel at higher ride heights. Droop is a big deal on cambered corners.

#2- I don't like polyurethane bushings. Too much maintenance and, if you fall behind, too much stiction.

#3- Deleted power steering. What, why? There's plenty one can do to increase feel without increasing fatigue.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:17 AM   #1721
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Ichi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
I recently stumbled across his videos and he's a hot shoe for sure but his car cannot handle my canyon roads. It's too low.

#1- KSports. No generic damper will go on any of my cars. Most aftermarket coilovers fall flat with regards to droop travel at higher ride heights. Droop is a big deal on cambered corners.

#2- I don't like polyurethane bushings. Too much maintenance and, if you fall behind, too much stiction.

#3- Deleted power steering. What, why? There's plenty one can do to increase feel without increasing fatigue.
1) Plenty of droop. See image below.
2)Heim joints are available to swap out. He seems to do pretty well without them.
3) Maybe he was tired of boiling his fluid and wanted to simplify. I heard a couple people have issues with leaks after going to aftermarket lines too. He might not be an endurance driver but no PS seems to get the job done at a 16 mile track for him.

https://youtu.be/Kjk7AdF__pc?t=335

Old 09-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #1722
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
he's pretty fast on the Nurburgring. Less than 11 minutes for a t28 powered s13. I've been following him for a few years now.

Last edited by s13silvia123; 09-25-2019 at 02:42 PM..
s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #1723
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Looks like a really fun car, but I'd get a cage and a helmet. That thing flips and he's done.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:12 AM   #1724
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi-Go View Post
Hachiroku Meister on youtube and instagram. This car is obviously performance and can handle "canyon roads".

Seems to be a very mild build, bolt-ons and suspension. Simple and functional. No cage, no helmet... he is a madman.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hachirokumeister

Mods listed in description:
1991 Nissan 200SX S13
Federal 595 RSR 235/40R17
CA18DET stock internals, modified intake camshaft
[email protected] bar
stock transmission and shifter, EP3 shift knob
S15 helical LSD
Aftermarket intercooler, radiator and oil cooler
custom 3" exhaust and downpipe, xs manifold
Ksport coilovers with custom spring rates
Energy Suspension bushings
Modified front knuckles, DW Geomaster2 rear knuckles
deleted power steering
Skyline R33 GTST Brakes front & rear with CL RC5+ pads
Love that his setup is bare bones. Dudes a beast of a driver.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #1725
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
1) Plenty of droop. See image below.
2)Heim joints are available to swap out. He seems to do pretty well without them.
3) Maybe he was tired of boiling his fluid and wanted to simplify. I heard a couple people have issues with leaks after going to aftermarket lines too. He might not be an endurance driver but no PS seems to get the job done at a 16 mile track for him.
Not to belabor a point, but that's not enough droop.

My tastes have changed for street-usage cars. I like good ride quality, of which wheel travel is a component, and low NVH. I also like something I can slip behind the wheel of and just drive for hours and hours. I can drive for eight hours and only have 100 miles of straight road in those eight hours.

It's far more important for me to have good drive quality because I have low drive quantity.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #1726
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Not to belabor a point, but that's not enough droop.

My tastes have changed for street-usage cars. I like good ride quality, of which wheel travel is a component, and low NVH. I also like something I can slip behind the wheel of and just drive for hours and hours. I can drive for eight hours and only have 100 miles of straight road in those eight hours.

It's far more important for me to have good drive quality because I have low drive quantity.
I understand we are all getting "old".
Old 10-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #1727
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
am i old enough to post in here yet
Old 10-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #1728
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
am i old enough to post in here yet

Have you considered marriage, buying a home, or selling your car because "it doesn't make sense".... then yes.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #1729
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I get more pearl-clutchy the older I get. I want to get all these cars and pay them off before I have kids.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #1730
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Have you considered marriage, buying a home, or selling your car because "it doesn't make sense".... then yes.
already sold my car

nice
Old 10-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #1731
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
already sold my car

nice
Time
Money
Motivation

Being a car enthusiast means you only ever have two of the ingredients.

When you're young you got Time and Motivation, but never enough money. As you get older you get more money but run out of time. Eventually you just lose all motivation.

You finally get all 3 when you're 58 and going into a midlife crisis and suddenly make every cars and coffee with whatever "dream car" you always wanted - New M3, Credit Card Restored Classic, Corvette, Shelby GT500, Porsche...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:09 AM   #1732
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
I just need a house. I can't so much as lift my car off the ground without the HOA and neighbors freaking out where I'm at right now.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #1733
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Thought about selling my car, but cant because nobody wants this shit anymore.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #1734
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Time
Money
Motivation

Being a car enthusiast means you only ever have two of the ingredients.
im gonna argue with you on that. ive got all 3 back since my ex moved out in April and jesus raptor christ I have been making SO much head way with getting my S13 finished. since April, the laundry list of little things ive gotten done is super long and satisfying (lots of it minor details that needed seeing to). the first of 3 BIG projects ive been putting off for years is almost over (cleaning up the engine bay, painting + powder coating parts and installing + tuning my PowerFC DJetro and Tomei 740cc injectors). Big project 1 should be done in the next 2-3 weeks. Big project #2 is brakes, and ive already begun ordering some of the parts I need for that (wont be able to finish til December due to waiting on Parts Shop Max to get more of their rear Z32 calipers in stock, which is fine because i can buy all the pieces im missing in the mean time). Big project #3 will happen next year, which is body work + paint. a few minor projects after paint will be CF hood, wrap the roof and trunk lid in black vinyl aaaaaaaaaand a nice set of Recaro SR3s in confetti. im anticipating my car will be FINISH by end of next Summer!!!

it all boils down to things falling into place correctly to be honest. for the past 2-3 years, ive been down to these last 3 big projects and all the minor shit ive wanted to take care of. after my ex moved her ass out, i didnt have to take care of her bullshit anymore and funds were freed up like whoa over night sooooooooo i decided that it was time to finish a MAJOR project in my life... that being my car and progress has continued non stop on it since i made that decision. the only drag is just the few weeks of waiting here and there to either get parts installed, get parts here from japan or get parts from manufacturers/vendors. thus far, things have been a blur of how quickly everythings been going in terms of progress!

i think the only major deciding factor in your list is motivation... because when youre motivated all 3 will work together!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #1735
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Quote:
already sold my car

nice
Confirmed. You are old enough to post in here.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #1736
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Maybe I'm just a grumpy bastard but I think people who part out otherwise intact and complete cars need kicked in the nuts into the kicker is tired.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #1737
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Lol, few years back, almost sold my s14, owned for 8 years. Last second turned down the offer and kept it. Sat for a few years more and now recently got back into the "scene". Jumped back on zilvia and started rebuilding the car..hence the user name. Couldnt be happier. Just sayn as i got older i realzied ill just keep my stuff work hard and can afford other things i want in life. So far all is going good.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #1738
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Maybe I'm just a grumpy bastard but I think people who part out otherwise intact and complete cars need kicked in the nuts into the kicker is tired.
I've always wondered how much more people make off those part-outs to the bone. Seems like too much work removing all the parts only to deal with flakes, lowballers and the vast pile of parts everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Lol, few years back, almost sold my s14, owned for 8 years. Last second turned down the offer and kept it. Sat for a few years more and now recently got back into the "scene". Jumped back on zilvia and started rebuilding the car..hence the user name. Couldnt be happier. Just sayn as i got older i realzied ill just keep my stuff work hard and can afford other things i want in life. So far all is going good.
That's the beauty of the project car. You can let it sit for 10 years and it will only cost you non-op fees. Just back in it and it only costs you as much as you're willing to put in to it.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #1739
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
^was one of the smartest choices ive mad. And its been acually enjoyable working on the car again. Startn to remember that feeling when the ups guy drops off new parts. Like a child on Christmas lol
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #1740
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
I feel you on that one. Also what do they do with the chassis. Most of the time on these part outs I never see a bare bones chassis as one of the partout items.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote