Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
77X

Trader Rating: (0)
77X is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much should I pay for this?

Hello, there is a 1995 metallic green Nissan Silvia/240sx that I was interested in buying. The car has a questionable engine (no turbo also), no dents or rust, little scratches in the paint, 5-speed, higher miles, horrible subwoofer installation, and is currently not running. I am new to these cars, drifting, and etc.. How much is it worth? Sorry about no pictures.
77X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
battosaii930
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
battosaii930 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good chassis bad engine id say $1000
battosaii930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
If the chassis is good, and I mean good. The frame rails, the pinch welds, the seam glue, no rust, clean power steering lines and rack, original tie rods, original bumper hardware, untouched headlights/brackets, no previous body work (check the quarters, fenders, etc..) , original paint, all original vin tags, original suspension, 2-3 owners with a clean carfax....

because there are so many things that can go wrong with these cars, it is very rare to find one like that. I found ONE 95' base auto (base+auto model is more desirable for projects) in the last 3 years, with 130,000 miles, original everything running great, sold it for $5000. But that is a very rare thing to find.

I'd pay $2500 for just a chassis like I mentioned above. The original KA engine is worth about $500 if it is running properly.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
^^^Why the fuck would you pay $2500 for a non-running non-kouki S14? I paid that much for my S14 and even then, I still think I overpaid for that POS. All I wanted was a drivable car with a decent body to swap my stuff into.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
^^^Why the fuck would you pay $2500 for a non-running non-kouki S14? I paid that much for my S14 and even then, I still think I overpaid for that POS. All I wanted was a drivable car with a decent body to swap my stuff into.
If you can find one like I just described, you have found gold. Like I said one sold for $5000 to a very prestigous drift shop. Those guys know whats up, they make their own parts, and had the entire USA to choose a car from. Thats how rare it is to find like that.