Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #31
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
If he's going to leave a KA in it, it's just going to be some suspension and wheels/tires.

So he's gonna buy Fortunes or Feals (green suspension) some ISR arms, and maybe put a vlsd in it to start. Then throw on some 17x7.5 with 225s and that's v1.
Building a car without a purpose in mind is hard because there's no focus on what you actually need.

Building for autocross? Tire + good shocks + good diff.

Drifting: sticker pack, welded diff, pick-your-favorite-color coilovers.

Track days: big brakes with good pads, good tires, good shocks, etc.

Making a street car "fun" isn't well-defined. And once you start adding mediocre-at-best shocks and aggressive diffs that "fun" factor declines a lot.

Last edited by e1_griego; 12-07-2016 at 01:41 PM..
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #32
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Lmao.. sticker pack.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #33
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
No hydraulic handbrake yet. Not a good start.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #34
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Bmx240sx can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why does this guy even have a thread of his car lmao all he's going to do is put lowering springs on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmx240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #35
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
dont really care much honestly.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #36
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
Paint lower and 57cr done!

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #37
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Bmx240sx can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfftn View Post
Let's start by comparing your car. Post up faggot

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmx240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #38
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLemh0IYxlI

Great supportive s13 seats!

This is actually a pretty solid motorweek-style overview of a (last) stock 240. I don't remember the stock KA being that slow lol.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #39
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
yt]OLemh0IYxlI[/yt

Great supportive s13 seats!

This is actually a pretty solid motorweek-style overview of a (last) stock 240. I don't remember the stock KA being that slow lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec8WKVEypkc

uncanny.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:31 PM   #40
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Yeah yeah, I know.

A for effort?

Still waiting for the modifications to start.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:58 AM   #41
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
image url
Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #42
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Should we send him an invitation for a zilvia membership?
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #43
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
I get its funny to rank the living shit out of awkward guys like David and this dude but common. At least they're genuine about it and what they want.

I rather have more people like them in the community than 240 purist thinking there is only one way to build a car, have to be mechanically inclined and "my car is best car" attitude. That is probably just as annoying anything in DIW or seeing that one shit box getting past around locally with shitty paint, welded diff, low compression ka/sr and gutted with some fucked up ziptie rattle can fiberglass kit.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #44
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is he Mennonite
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #45
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post

I rather have more people like them in the community than 240 purist thinking there is only one way to build a car, have to be mechanically inclined and "my car is best car" attitude. That is probably just as annoying anything in DIW or seeing that one shit box getting past around locally with shitty paint, welded diff, low compression ka/sr and gutted with some fucked up ziptie rattle can fiberglass kit.

Everyone has to start somewhere and at least he seems willing to learn.

The problem usually with people getting into modded cars later is that they have 16 year old ideas and 25 year old budgets. I have a BRZ and the ft86 group like 80% people doing playskool my first modified car. Lots of plastidip etc etc.

Ultimately there basically IS one way to modify a car for the better: it's simply good parts. Obviously it's all a matter of budget and purpose (if you can get away with shit shocks and a welded diff for your goal with the car, then power to you), but in every other automotive discipline that's mostly a downgrade. Everyone has a different breakpoint of money they want to spend vs how good of parts they can buy, and it's all about how you rationalize what you need/want.

If you want to build an all around fun car, then it takes research + money + time.

Like I said earlier, it's all about defining a goal for a build and then working towards that goal. I know how I would build an all around fun street car, but that's because I've done it the wrong way a handful of times and have learned from experience (and I've also built the fun street car s13 and it was pretty rad).
Old 01-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #46
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3b View Post
i get its funny to rank the living shit out of awkward guys like david and this dude but common. At least they're genuine about it and what they want.

I rather have more people like them in the community than 240 purist thinking there is only one way to build a car, have to be mechanically inclined and "my car is best car" attitude. That is probably just as annoying anything in diw or seeing that one shit box getting past around locally with shitty paint, welded diff, low compression ka/sr and gutted with some fucked up ziptie rattle can fiberglass kit.
this......
Old 01-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #47
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Oh I'm not hassling him for being awkward. He's wiping his tears away with dollar bills from all of us watching the videos.

I'm just interested/skeptical to see what he builds. He's driven a lot of fast/cool cars, so I'm guessing that will at least inform what he does with this car.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #48
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah no you're fine. Im mainly just making a general statement towards an attitude I see lately and in my own scene down here. Its not just drifting or zilvia but just a car thing. Everyone has opinion and thats the be all end all when it comes to cars.

There is bound to be a couple people here who posted or saw him get the car genuinely feel disdain like he just beat a little puppy.

Everyone has to start some where even if what theyre doing is basically cringe, people are stupid and 100% sure everyone was in the same position. As long as they got a good attitude then they're good in my book. I just cant stand people who thrown on a front about there cars when they understand nothing, did no work and just do it for the A E S T H E T I C S. I see it all the time in other communities, in music, photography, literature, and even politics. You get 3 crowds of people. Cool people willing to learn and people who have done the learning and help others, the posers who do it basically to be a part of something or be a part of the hype and third is people who think they know everything and have this smug attitude about others in the community and just bitch 24/7 instead of being just a decent person.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:15 PM   #49
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

I'll take sabbkyles s13 over the anybody's "built" 240 on Craigslist
Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #50
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM216S14 View Post
Is he Mennonite
Mormon, the word you were looking for was Mormon.
Magoo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #51
JadedNazgul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JadedNazgul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Guys here's a new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgS4V7guV8I&t=22s

Can someone embed this? I suck at this shit

Last edited by JadedNazgul; 02-19-2017 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: couldn't embed the video
JadedNazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:44 PM   #52
e1_griego
Post Whore!

BCs and ISR arms. Well at least I got the arms right.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #53
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedNazgul View Post
Guys here's a new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgS4V7guV8I&t=22s

Can someone embed this? I suck at this shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgS4V7guV8I&t=22s
Old 02-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #54
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

How to embed 101
1) get a link ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgS4V7guV8I&t
2) Delete everything from https to watch?v= and you're left with just
( HgS4V7guV8I&t )
3) Click the youtube button in advance settings
4) Paste in that end bit of random letters in 2
5)Post to zilvia
7)
Old 02-19-2017, 07:22 PM   #55
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
"hey guys HOWS IT GOING"
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #56
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

He talks like he's on powerblock tv I love it!!
Old 02-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #57
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, paint refresh, and......engine swap.
Something wild? Really? What exactly is "wild" to him? Ls is out, and most likely rb or jz as well. And I wouldn't exactly call an sr swap "wild". Whatever, his car and all that.
Gave it a like...because of his dog.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #58
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard240 View Post
This build is going to be pathetic. Hopefully he doesn't fuck it like David Patterson.
Yea that car looks like its straight from NFS.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #59
Bspilner
Zilvia Member

Bspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enough
Stock S13''s are growing on me just no pig nose!
Bspilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:07 PM   #60
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Yea that car looks like its straight from NFS.
He has a video where he builds said car on nfs.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote