Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #31
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaBot View Post
Remember the Nissan NX of the mid-'90s? The tiny, econobox-based sportster was as cute as a bug
talk about romanticizing something. the pulsar was as ugly as they came, ever
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #32
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
We no longer can buy cars you can do all the work yourself on.

Unless you are a master mechanic schooled in all the latest and greatest and even they have problems sometimes. LOL
that's how i feel about working on my titan. other than oil changes and other minor stuff i don't want to mess with the engine. everything is hooked up to some kind of sensor nowadays :\
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #33
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Old 10-19-2010, 12:36 AM   #34
benc

benc is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ still not a fan
tho that looks 100x better
benc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:38 AM   #35
upsdude
Post Whore!

that just proves it...te37's can make damn near any car look good lol. can someone with photoshop know-how edit the above pic to show the car w/o the small turn signal/running light housing?

saw a commercial for the juke earlier tonite...the tag line at the end was "that's right, we put a turbo in a sports car"...eh!? this is nissan's newest sports car?

edit: they said sports CROSS...my bad

Last edited by upsdude; 10-19-2010 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: i'm an idiot with bad hearing :)
Old 10-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #36
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I don't see the point of slamming a cross-over/truck/suv.
defeats the purpose of owning an suv imo.
If I want a car that looks like a sports car (and more importantly drive like one) I'll get a sports car,
not some half-assed compromise & spend $20k doing so.
That's some poseur shit right there.

I'll take a stock Juke anyday over that 'Hot Import Nights' special.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #37
voodoo_child
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
voodoo_child is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaBot View Post
08-26-2010 10:57 AM

Remember the Nissan NX of the mid-'90s? The tiny, econobox-based sportster was as cute as a bug and spent its brief lifespan mixing it

More...

man i got an Nissan NX here at the shop last monday and i was suprise someone still has those running on the street and kept it clean and original.
voodoo_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
upsdude
Post Whore!

my first nissan was the older pulsar nx...lol man that thing was ugly but reliable
Old 10-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #39
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i took the junk, i mean juke, crossed it with a 180sx and transformed it into something I think a Nissan enthusiast would actually want.

this could be Nissan's FT-86 fighter!!

real rough but you get the idea...

Last edited by Bushido; 10-21-2010 at 01:02 PM..
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #40
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
for reference:
Old 10-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #41
upsdude
Post Whore!

it's like an optical illusion-i keep thinking the little lights on top are the headlights and the pepperoni nipple lights on the bottom are the fogs (like them giant ones on subies)
Old 10-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #42
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Unless this is some sort of trend of putting turbos in their lineup, Nissan, you're doing it wrong. That Juke is fugly. Even with TEs.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #43
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Unless this is some sort of trend of putting turbos in their lineup, Nissan, you're doing it wrong. That Juke is fugly. Even with TEs.

You don't get it. Figures you wouldn't .
Weird and funny looking and ugly done right sells these days.

First company to pull it off successfully was Toyota with the Scion BB/XB . Nissan had the concept with the Cube but had not delivered till they finally released it stateside.

Now look , Kia Soul . Are you going to tell me it actually looks good? LOL

I see people driving Souls, Cubes, XB's even the worse new one! The Juke will sell to this crowd. Of course most 240 owners will bitch and moan and say Nissan is fucked up. What else is new? Current 240 owners are some of the most whiny ass motherfuckers this side of the sun.

Sorry if thats sounds fucked up and cynical and whatnot but its fucking true.
You guys would not be satisfied if you got exactly what you wanted. You would find something to bitch about.

New Z's you guys find something to complain about
GTR's you guys whine about them.
Juke you guys are whining again. Even though its the first turbo 4 Nissan has brought stateside since the mid 80's and it could lead to being the powerplant of a car you guys might like.
Instead of appreciating that Nissan is doing something interesting you bitch about it not being right. LOL

wha wha wha that's all 240 owners do these days.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 10-22-2010 at 05:40 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #44
upsdude
Post Whore!

Quote:
Current 240 owners are some of the most whiny ass motherfuckers this side of the sun.

you forgot cheap as well

hey what about the old 200sx from the 80's didn't they come with a turbo-4 motor?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #45
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
you forgot cheap as well

hey what about the old 200sx from the 80's didn't they come with a turbo-4 motor?
LOL you are correct on both accounts. I edited my statement to reflect the old CA18ET in the 200sx, which I had forgot about. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #46
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jamanrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The day Nissan comes out with a 1.8 or 2.0 liter turbo engine in a rear wheel drive car is the day I go and trade the Audi off for one. The day it is released, do not care if I have to pre-order or not. I own an NX2000 and I love it, have owned 2 in my life and the my current one is what I wanted my original to be but could not find one at the dealer. Nissan wants customers then build a new Nissan 240sx/ Silvia S coupe and put the MR18DDT or MR20DDT in it and make it have around 200-220 horse power and I am down like a clown. There is not really a new car I want to buy or own but I would for sure own that Nissan. I knew I sold my 240sx sr20 swapped car for a reason. Build it Nissan and they will come. No more boring ass sentra spec craps with wings and shit but an actual balls to the wall Genesis coupe fighter.

I have owned the following Nissan cars

1993 Nissan NX 2000
1996 Nissan 240sx SE
19996 Nissan 240sx SE
1998 Nissan 240sx SE
1992 Nissan NX2000 - current
1996 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo

So, I love Nissan but you all have built nothing of the past 10 to 15 years I would want to go to the dealer and spend money on. Build the cars people want and you will sell more -- the Juke is a start but give them what they really want. A small, affordable, light weight turbo RWD car for around 20 grand out the door and who cars if it eats sells up from the Z. While affordable the Z is your corvette the S coupe could be your camaro.
jamanrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #47
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You don't get it. Figures you wouldn't .
Weird and funny looking and ugly done right sells these days.

First company to pull it off successfully was Toyota with the Scion BB/XB . Nissan had the concept with the Cube but had not delivered till they finally released it stateside.
Yes but the difference is those cars have an appeal. Sorry if I don't think this car has any, even for that market.

Quote:
Now look , Kia Soul . Are you going to tell me it actually looks good? LOL
No, that shits ugly too.

Quote:
I see people driving Souls, Cubes, XB's even the worse new one! The Juke will sell to this crowd. Of course most 240 owners will bitch and moan and say Nissan is fucked up. What else is new? Current 240 owners are some of the most whiny ass motherfuckers this side of the sun.

Sorry if thats sounds fucked up and cynical and whatnot but its fucking true.
You guys would not be satisfied if you got exactly what you wanted. You would find something to bitch about.

New Z's you guys find something to complain about
GTR's you guys whine about them.
Juke you guys are whining again. Even though its the first turbo 4 Nissan has brought stateside since the mid 80's and it could lead to being the powerplant of a car you guys might like.
Instead of appreciating that Nissan is doing something interesting you bitch about it not being right. LOL

wha wha wha that's all 240 owners do these days.
Well, you went off on a rant there, lol. I think you missed what I was saying, I do hope that its a trend of putting turbos in their lineup. It just seemed odd that they dropped it in this. For the record, I like the Cube, new Z, and GTR. And I know that Nissan doesn't give a flying fuck about the 240 crowd.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #48
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Yes but the difference is those cars have an appeal. Sorry if I don't think this car has any, even for that market.

No, that shits ugly too.

Well, you went off on a rant there, lol. I think you missed what I was saying, I do hope that its a trend of putting turbos in their lineup. It just seemed odd that they dropped it in this. For the record, I like the Cube, new Z, and GTR. And I know that Nissan doesn't give a flying fuck about the 240 crowd.
Ya I did because I am tired of people saying a lot of what you said in your post. Go back and re read it. It was basically a moan fest about Nissan doing it wrong.
Lately thats all I have seen 240 owners do. Truth be told you may be different from the average current 240 owner.
Whether you intended it or not your post did come off like that.

For the record the Juke is actually a lot smaller than it looks in pictures when you see it in person. Like I said it will sell and its the fact that it will sell that could give us a small RWD Nissan with a turbo engine. Though what Jamannrr is asking for is typically not what Nissan is going to do.

It will not satisfy him or most other 240 owners because they have to have their 240 exactly like it won't be.

It may sound cynical or jaded on my part but its the truth that so many do want to accept or hear.

I would most likely not buy a modern version of a 240sx because that's what it would be.

People still don't get it. The 240Z was a hit because it was not a Datsun 311 Roadster.
While the Roadsters sold they never sold in huge numbers. The 240Z was a grand slam.

The 240sx was not a grand slam in the United States. It only was successful the first 2 years. The 7 remaining years it sold dismally.

Why would they want to bring out a new version of a car that sold dismally? LOL

Though back to the Juke, till I see one in person will I declare full judgment of if I like it or not. I stated that earlier about the looks. It remains to be seen in person.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #49
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Ya I did because I am tired of people saying a lot of what you said in your post. Go back and re read it. It was basically a moan fest about Nissan doing it wrong.
Lately thats all I have seen 240 owners do. Truth be told you may be different from the average current 240 owner.
Whether you intended it or not your post did come off like that.

For the record the Juke is actually a lot smaller than it looks in pictures when you see it in person. Like I said it will sell and its the fact that it will sell that could give us a small RWD Nissan with a turbo engine. Though what Jamannrr is asking for is typically not what Nissan is going to do.

It will not satisfy him or most other 240 owners because they have to have their 240 exactly like it won't be.

It may sound cynical or jaded on my part but its the truth that so many do want to accept or hear.

I would most likely not buy a modern version of a 240sx because that's what it would be.

People still don't get it. The 240Z was a hit because it was not a Datsun 311 Roadster.
While the Roadsters sold they never sold in huge numbers. The 240Z was a grand slam.

The 240sx was not a grand slam in the United States. It only was successful the first 2 years. The 7 remaining years it sold dismally.

Why would they want to bring out a new version of a car that sold dismally? LOL

Though back to the Juke, till I see one in person will I declare full judgment of if I like it or not. I stated that earlier about the looks. It remains to be seen in person.

If they shared platforms then it would not be bad at all. They have the infiniti G25 coming out and they could use that platform to get us a new 240. They had an sr20det powered sport ute before in Japan the X Trail or whatever it was called so they have done that before. They did it before with the Sentra SE-R/ NX2000/ Pulsar GTiR and the Maxima/ Z car being on the same chassis. Look any new car that any car manufacturer puts out these days is going to weigh a lot due to the fact of all the federal requirements. If they build the car and it sells 20-30 thousand a year then that could be considered a small success but as evident from the lack of NX2000s in the United States. Small and quirky does not sell and the Juke will not sell so that will probably kill any chance of seeing a RWD turbo Nissan in the immediate future which will cause me and everyone else to buy something other than a Nissan. While I would not own the Hyundai, the Toyota/ Subaru FT86 is something I would own and more than likely the Subaru version since it will have the turbo engine from the WRX. It is a competitive environment even for car companies. They have to either build something people will buy or get left behind by other car manufacturers that do. I do not see Nissan being pussies and letting people who would buy a new Nissan S chassis car go buy something from Subaru and Toyota especially in their own home markets.

They build the g25 to compete against the is25 just like they will build a new S car when the others come to market with their RWD sport coupes.

If Nissan lets this

and this

kick its ass then they have lost everything that has been Nissan through out the years and are truly Renault's cash cow bitch and should just build as many Maximas as they can.

Last edited by jamanrr; 10-23-2010 at 06:27 AM..
Old 10-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #50
upsdude
Post Whore!

lol how did this thread devolve into another 240 revival?
lots of people (myself included) thought the cube was ugly. the looks have since grown on me and i've seen some done quite nicely.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #51
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
lol how did this thread devolve into another 240 revival?
lots of people (myself included) thought the cube was ugly. the looks have since grown on me and i've seen some done quite nicely.
I would place a good part of the Blame on Jamannrr lol. Though GNNR complained and mentioned a 240 concept. I only rebutted his comments and we were having a discussion of 240 owners likes and dislikes in relation to the Juke.

Jamannrr just went off the deep end on the whole 240 thing.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #52
lsxs13
BANNED

lsxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ugh, Jukes make make me gag.
lsxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #53
Jimbo_Moone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Jimbo_Moone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm sure we've all seen the JDM slammed and modded minivans, no? At least people are modding something, trying something new. Screw it, mod em up fellas. Kinda funny how much we hate when Nissan won't bring vehicles to American shores... and then hate when they do. poor Nissan. As much as I hate what I'm about to say, I don't mind the look or the specs on this little guy... though I do agree that there has to be a better place for the turn signals.
Jimbo_Moone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #54
xsidewayzx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
xsidewayzx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think it looks nice, something different.

Electronic Warfare Sergeant
xsidewayzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #55
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

The headlights look like fog lights but you really should see the looks I get in my 92 NX2000, it is funny most people do not even know what it is and high school kids laugh at it. For what it is, it is one of the best handling sports cars ever produced and holds track and SCCA records for its class as such places as Watkins Glenn. I think Nissan should make more t-top cars instead of sunroofs like the old days. They will never bring another NX to market but why not a new Nissan 240?

Hey like the commercial said they put a turbo in a sport ute. Why not a turbo in a sport coupe? I think they would sell a lot more of the cars then the SUV and it is small looks about the size of my b13 coupe or the new versa.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #56
upsdude
Post Whore!

^yeah engine-wise there's nothing to hate about it...now if nissan would bring over the elgrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanrr View Post
Hey like the commercial said they put a turbo in a sport ute. Why not a turbo in a sport coupe? I think they would sell a lot more of the cars then the SUV and it is small looks about the size of my b13 coupe or the new versa.
because most people want a car that does a little bit of everything. being an older consumer, i'd have more use with sport utility since it can fit my son (good luck with that with a 240), and i can use it as a grocery getter, or errands, etc. (hence the "utility" part).
Old 11-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #57
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

I went to look at these and while they are nice they are evidently selling them for MSRP. So, that puts me off of one. I will not ever pay MSRP for any car on another note some Texas Nissan dealers are selling GTRs for 10-15 grand off MSRP which puts them in the low to mid 70s but yet will not budge on the Juke. Guess that puts me a year or so out for one.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #58
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
it was just released only recently.
typically that's not the best time to buy.

i'm shocked they're discounting the GTR by that much.
maybe I can lease one next year (after paying off my pos mitsubishi) if the price is right.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #59
Nismospec19
Zilvia Member

Nismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really nice
Nissan, stop making fugly cars. That is all. Everything pre 2007 is ok.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #60
upsdude
Post Whore!

^the sentras have always been ugly regardless of year lol