Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 05:02 PM   #31
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
I don't think a lot of teams, if any, were going to offer cousins the max after his ACL tear. Sacramento really screwed Cousins by trading him.
Didn't he request a trade?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #32
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Didn't he request a trade?
No lol

Sacramento didn't even have the audacity to tell him they traded him. He found out that he was traded during the all-star game when he was being interviewed and someone told him about it haha. awkward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOtU6vxYWE

He seemed content with staying in Sacramento and signing the $210M designated player max contract. After years of refusing to trade cousins and sticking by him, Sac probably got cold feet on giving him that much money and ended up trading him for peanuts (a package centered around buddy hield, tyreke evans, some draft picks, and some scrubs as fillers). What's funny is that their idiot GM Vlade Divac said something to the effect that "Buddy was the gem of the trade"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #33
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Report: Frustrated Cousins called Warriors to get deal done

DeMarcus Cousins was an emotional wreck and stunned no teams reached out to him as free agency wore on, so he took matters into his own hands, according to Marc Spears of the Undefeated.

“I was shocked,” Cousins told Spears. “I didn’t believe it. It was a rough, pretty emotional night.”

Sensing he was in a desperate situation, Cousins told Spears he felt he had no choice but to call his agent, Jarinn Akana, at 5 a.m. Monday with a crazy plan: See if the Warriors were interested in signing him.

“(Akana) was shocked,” Cousins told the Undefeated. “It was very insulting not to receive an offer. But I understand. I prepared myself for this.”

The four-time All-Star center knew his stock was down as he recovers from a torn Achilles tendon, but he was nearing a $200 million deal before the injury and to not even get a sniff of an offer was a jolt.

It demanded some bold action.

Three hours later, Cousins he phoned Warriors general manager Bob Myers to see if Golden State wanted to use their taxpayer’s mid-level exception of $5.3 million on him.

“This was my ace of spades,” Cousins said. “This was my chess move.”

Much like Kevin Durant wanted to get a sense how Stephen Curry, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala felt about him coming to the Warriors two years ago, Cousins called some Warriors stars after speaking with Myers.

Cousins told Spears he spoke with Durant, Curry and Green and they all were excited and ready to have the often-maligned center as their teammate.

“Steph was so freaking excited,” Cousins said. “Every one of those guys was excited.”

Although Cousins likely won’t get to join the Warriors star-studded lineup until at least late December, he’s also thrilled to find such a comforting NBA home.

“I feel amazing,” he told Spears. “The crazy thing is it has been tough for me. But I’m just happy to be with the champs.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
He claims no one else made him any offers. I'm thinking he just took the first offer given to him, which was a Zilvia-style lowball offer. He probably thought that was as high as he'd get, and knowing him, he didn't wanna get butthurt by worse offers. His agent should be shot haha.
Apparently there is some truth to that, but instead of waiting it out he panicked, called the warriors, and lowballed himself lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
I think Boogie made the decision out of pettiness, with his volatile personality. The Pelicans probably offended him with not being committed to their offer, especially since they performed well without him.
After reading the above article and what Cousins said, I think he panicked and signed out of desperation (due to his volatile personality like you said) rather than out of pettiness.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2018, 11:03 PM   #34
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
boogie called gsw. he could have called other teams and no doubt some team would have picked him up or even payed higher bidding.

watch 2 games now. trey young and the ATL crew is just horrible. he's looking like a bust out there.
youngster keeps stopping his dribble, cant penetrate and stands around like westbrook.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #35
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
What's funny is that their idiot GM Vlade Divac said something to the effect that "Buddy was the gem of the trade"
Eek. Shit my bad lol

No lie, I'd rather have Buddy Hield than have DMC. A lights out shooter who is content to come off the bench is a very nice thing to have (*breaks hand hitting wall in LBJ form)
Old 07-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #36
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Tony Parker to Charlotte

Melos Leaving OKC

IT is closing in on a deal to go to Orlando

What a friday its been so far.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #37
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Thought Tony Parker would retire in San Antonio, but I guess everyone is leaving Gregg Popovich.

Read some comment about Melo that seems to make perfect sense:
"Anthony is going to be a great addition to any team that is planning to tank next season for better odds in the draft lottery."

Got to feed bad for IT. Playing all his career on sub-par contracts to finally show what he's got and now he's got to start over. Wish him luck.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #38
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

IT to Orlando makes perfect. Tiny dude might be able to get covered up a bit on defense when the rest of the team has 7'+ wing spans (and a nearly 8' wingspan from Mo Bamba)

Tony Parker is a dbag, I wish he'd retire.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #39
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Got to feed bad for IT. Playing all his career on sub-par contracts to finally show what he's got and now he's got to start over. Wish him luck.

Have you seen his documentary series on the players tribune? he revealed that the mis-diagnosis of his hip injury resulted in Long time members of the Celtics medical staff getting fired.

Apparently IT didnt like how they handled his injury and was super critical over it.

He also revealed in the documentary that it was his choice to have season ending hip surgery last season. He was fine when he played on it but on off days in between games he complained that it still felt weird
Old 07-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #40
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Tony Parker is a dbag, I wish he'd retire.
Yea he is dbag. From cheating on Eva Longoria with his then teammate Brent Barry's wife causing 2 divorces to downplaying Kawhi's injury saying his was "100x worse" and not supporting your fellow teammate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Have you seen his documentary series on the players tribune?
No I haven't. I heard his hip injury was misdiagnosed and was pretty bad, but I didn't know all that went on. I guess misdiagnosed injuries are no joke (look at how seriously Kawhi is taking it if it's not some ploy he's playing). It's similar to big bad evil corporations (teams) who try to squeeze all they can from their workers (players) by making them play and jeopardizing their careers.

But anyways, I was just saying you got to feel bad for IT. Putting up his numbers and playing with a chip on your shoulders for multiple teams all these years to finally get vindicated and a potential max contract and then suddenly get traded by Boston (now I'm thinking they traded him because they knew he was damaged good) and lose everything he worked so hard on in a span of 1 season.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #41
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:

But anyways, I was just saying you got to feel bad for IT. Putting up his numbers and playing with a chip on your shoulders for multiple teams all these years to finally get vindicated and a potential max contract and then suddenly get traded by Boston (now I'm thinking they traded him because they knew he was damaged good) and lose everything he worked so hard on in a span of 1 season.
Yup. With how last season turned out im sure that was a sense of vindication for Danny Ainge.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #42
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Good move for OKC but they are still paying $50m in tax for Westbrook, George & Co. a team that would be lucky to make it to the second round in the West...

Quote:

Melos Leaving OKC
He straight up said he refuses to come off the bench even after last year's disastrous playoffs. What team has room for him in the starting 5, with his level of production and defense, at that salary, if they don't buy him out? He'll get you 27 a game, at least he used to, but they were always such a meaningless 27 and usually came at the cost of your entire offense stagnating and essentially playing 4 on 5 on defense. Now that he can't even get you that much he's more dead weight than ever so good luck to whoever signs him.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 07-06-2018, 08:57 PM   #43
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
houston needs a iso/block melo. they couldn't hit anything during the playoffs especially when unbreakable paul goes down again. they need someone like him on those situation. but, for regular season, idk. he wont get any touches like on okc. that's for sure.

call gsw. take the easy way out.

it would be interesting if spurs picks him up.

or play with your best bud lbj w/ rondo. 2 elite pg working around melo.
when the knicks had kidd, melo was a allstar.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #44
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
or play with your best bud lbj w/ rondo. 2 elite pg working around melo.
when the knicks had kidd, melo was a allstar.
Fuck no we dont want his washed up ass, way over rated. So glad he decided not to come the last time, hes spotty.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:59 AM   #45
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Leonard to Toronto for DeMar & others.

What a wild year for the NBA.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #46
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Poor Leonard, shipped to an even worse situation. One year then he’s with the lakers.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #47
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

I feel bad for both players.

Toronto pretty much gave away derozan, but im reading that this couldve pretty much been a move to dump his heavy contract.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:20 PM   #48
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/sudden...en-better/amp/

To all the stupid Knicks fans wanted MPjr. Baahah.
I believe in Mills& perry and coach fiz.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:55 AM   #49
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

I would not have touched MPJ in the draft. Not even with the 60th pick in the second round. Just not worth it.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #50
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Melo stays winning, over 20 mil to not play. Man this guy...then the rockets? He’s a sad defensive replacement for Ariza.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #51
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Michael Beasley.

Out of everybody left the Lakers choose to sign Beasley with the last bit of money they had left.

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?

Short list of people we couldve signed:

D wade

J Crawford

Rodney Hood
Old 07-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #52
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

I'd rather have Beasley than any of them.

Beasley is younger than Wade & Crawford. He's better than Hood.

Beasley can get buckets.

***When he isn't on one of his weird mind melt days.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #53
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'd rather have Beasley than any of them.

Beasley is younger than Wade & Crawford. He's better than Hood.

Beasley can get buckets.

***When he isn't on one of his weird mind melt days.
He could have been great if he didn’t fuck up outside of the league. Interesting career he’s had goIng up and down.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #54
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1rKcWbPZU

I'm not going to lie, this Lakers team COULD be super, super fun to watch. A second unit of Lance, Beasley, KCP and Rondo? I'm in for that. I really hope they start the young guys, but let these four have some weird minutes as a crew.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #55
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

omg yes preseason win. lol
Old 10-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #56
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

I was bored at yesterday and did some quick maths.

Derrick Rose has actually become a much more efficient scorer since his ACL tear.

WHEN he is healthy and plays his Points per minute have actually gone up since his MVP year.

Only real stat that took a nose dive (besides the amount of games playing obviously) is his assists per game.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #57
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I was bored at yesterday and did some quick maths.

Derrick Rose has actually become a much more efficient scorer since his ACL tear.

WHEN he is healthy and plays his Points per minute have actually gone up since his MVP year.

Only real stat that took a nose dive (besides the amount of games playing obviously) is his assists per game.
what you talking about willis.

Points per minute doesn't mean efficient scorer. Just means he chucks up a lot of shots.

His player efficiency rating (PER) from 2008-2012:

23.5 (MVP)

After the 2012 playoff knee explosion, here are his PER numbers:

For reference, 15 is considered average. In only one season post knee injury has he even been average or more efficient than his rookie year.

I say this as someone who finds him a mega fun player to watch., but he's not good or efficient.

(He was never really efficient)

For reference, even in Jordan's seasons with the Wizards his PER were 20.7 and 19.3.

LBJ & MJ career PER are in the 27's, Shaq/David Robinson/Wilt in the 26's, Chris Paul around 25.

Rose was a sham MVP.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #58
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Shove the former MVP, square up on an official, then try to sucker punch the Player's Association's President...and only get suspended for 4 games? What?!
Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #59
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Ingram is my guy.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #60
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Shove the former MVP, square up on an official, then try to sucker punch the Player's Association's President...and only get suspended for 4 games? What?!
Basketball has gotten too soft just like football its almost boring to watch, no defense is being played when games are getting over 100pts before 3rd quarter just 3's. I am glad they are scraping somewhat cause Harden is a shit talker and he gets away with a lot. The entire game there were some hard calls and charges on both teams. I absolutely hate Rondo however, once a Celtic forever one in my eyes. With that aside, spitting on another guy is not only horrible but definitely grounds for punches. Ingram shouldn't have ran back in the fight though. If this was back in the bad boy era with the bulls this would have just resulted in free throws and no one would have batted an eye.