Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
kuipertrooper

Trader Rating: (0)
kuipertrooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 rhd neo

Just posting my build up here mostly just to keep track of my progression with it just gonna add to it whenever I have free time.

Feel free to comment/talk s**t/ask questions whatever idc

I’ve owned it for about 10 months now, my 3rd 240, second s14, when I bought it there was no drive train no brakes / lines / wheels (and steelies don’t count) none of the wiring or interior was put together

I guess team one way out of Indiana did a RHD swap on it and the guy never paid his bill so they possessed it and sold it to someone who let it sit outside for 2 years then I bought it.

It wasn’t half this bad when I first got it either lol

So the first thing I decided to do since I had no motor was to build my own tubs

I actually just went out and bought some trailer fenders that worked pretty well but was kind of a pain with a cut off wheel

After that had to primer and figure out the paint code not gonna lie.. it’s spray paint but I’m super hyped how they turned out

Don’t mind the rb lurking in the background

Which went in shortly after, picked it up off a guy that had it in an s13 that we bought and put an sr in it
Also splatter paint valve covers are so corny I still have yet to paint it

My wheels are exactly what I never knew I wanted: Work ESE - Fs I know they look like vskfs but I’ve never seen them before I bought them off croooober if anyone has pm me I’m curious

Currently running voodoo 13 tension rods, bc coilovers, 50mm extended LCAs and tie rods and 300zx front brakes

Next up was getting my cage put in (I really didn’t want to build it myself because I wanted it to actually be professional/safe

The guy who built it is Travis Griffith, he works at a performance shop building cages and other things. He’s hands down the best welder I’ve ever met, huge shout out to him, he’s built a ton of the cages around here in the Midwest and you can see them as far as Florida.

By the way... painting the inside of a car is probably one of the worst things I’ve ever had to do

Also all spray painted [emoji23] but drift car not sowo build

And then chassis wiring which is the second worst thing I’ve ever had to (still doing) do

And here we have a temporary bs intercooler mock up, a bunch of Ebay piping/intercooler also had most of my wiring specialties harness put in as well also shout out to those guys and yury he’s still answering way too many of my questions

Got the brake lines all flared up bumper to bumper it feels nice knowing they’re all new, despite this is a rust free chassis

Went with the VILLAINS hydro kit could’ve made my own but the simplicity/convenience of their setup is worth the price they’re asking sadly you can’t run 300zx rears tho

Then I got my interior semi finished up, I do now and really couldn’t ask for more except a different steering wheel

Sorry I know I’m a dick but the mint door cards had to be cut :/

Now I have the motor ready to start up, well, waiting on a boost controller running into some wiring issues with it, I have power at my ignition relay but my fuel pump doesn’t prime and no crank. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing, but not against running everything on an individual switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kuipertrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2018, 06:11 AM   #2
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sick build man! That grey s14 tho
Old 04-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
dalecl9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dalecl9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thoroughly enjoyed scrolling through this, Im getting ready to start on my tubs, did you use 10 inch trailer fenders?
dalecl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
kuipertrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Serge View Post
Sick build man! That grey s14 tho

I loved that car it was my first one bought it bone stock

Old 04-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
kuipertrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecl9 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed scrolling through this, Im getting ready to start on my tubs, did you use 10 inch trailer fenders?

Thanks man, I’m pretty sure they were 10”, could’ve been 8 honestly I just remember them not being quite wide enough

Old 04-26-2018, 05:12 PM   #6
garrettlee1911

garrettlee1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
im diggin the paint on the cage, clean work
garrettlee1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:30 PM   #7
kuipertrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettlee1911 View Post
im diggin the paint on the cage, clean work

Thanks man I made sure I never had to do it again www

Old 04-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #8
kuipertrooper

Finally got this mf running had to do some work with the interface harness but now I realized the maf was toast, tested mine and the coil lights up but the voltage doesn’t stay at .8 or rise to 2.0 when air flow Is current but luckily I have a brand new spare laying around just series 1 vs series two so I need to wire it up

Old 05-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #9
kuipertrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuipertrooper View Post

Finally got this mf running had to do some work with the interface harness but now I realized the maf was toast, tested mine and the coil lights up but the voltage doesn’t stay at .8 or rise to 2.0 when air flow Is current but luckily I have a brand new spare laying around just series 1 vs series two so I need to wire it up

I could really use some ideas here I’ve read and read and read on so many different things, I just want to get this thing running,

I Replaced the maf, fixed all vacuum leaks/kinks in some hoses, fuel pressure is good 52psi, I’m really not sure on what else to look for here when I get it running (usually without the maf plugged in and several attempts of trying to start it up) it idles perfectly besides running really rich and at 1500-2000RPM so I don’t think my CAS wheel is off/not working because I don’t believe it would idle without any misfires? Unless it’s intermittent? Tried unplugging the TPS got it to start and idle at a really normal RPM (800-900) just can’t get it to do it again, there’s gotta be something stupid I’m missing here everything should be working correctly

Old 05-02-2018, 09:06 PM   #10
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
+1 for Travis, the work he does is fucking unreal.

Cool build man! Hope to see this thing at ODC
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:10 AM   #11
kuipertrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
+1 for Travis, the work he does is fucking unreal.

Cool build man! Hope to see this thing at ODC

I couldn’t ask for anyone better to put my cage in, seriously, and I hope so too, as long as I can get my issue figured out within the next couple weeks I should be there

Old 05-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #12
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You haven't really noted what exactly your engine performance issue is. The high idle? The high fuel pressure?

A high idle is an air leak somewhere in or after the throttle body. Plain and simple. Fuel ratio will have zero effect on the engine rpm until the ratio gets far out of stoich.

Disconnect the piping from the throttle body. Verify the throttle is actually closing completely; no bent throttle cable bracket holding it open.

The PCV hose running from the intake manifold to the valve covers must be air tight. The PCV hoses and fittings on the valve covers must be air tight and routed correctly. Oil fill cap must be on tight.

Temporarily block off the air hose to the IAC. Engine should stall out.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #13
kuipertrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
You haven't really noted what exactly your engine performance issue is. The high idle? The high fuel pressure?

A high idle is an air leak somewhere in or after the throttle body. Plain and simple. Fuel ratio will have zero effect on the engine rpm until the ratio gets far out of stoich.

Disconnect the piping from the throttle body. Verify the throttle is actually closing completely; no bent throttle cable bracket holding it open.

The PCV hose running from the intake manifold to the valve covers must be air tight. The PCV hoses and fittings on the valve covers must be air tight and routed correctly. Oil fill cap must be on tight.

Temporarily block off the air hose to the IAC. Engine should stall out.

My biggest issue is it just won’t stay on with the maf plugged in and really doesn’t want to start regardless unless it’s pretty warm if anything I think my throttle plate is too closed all the time because if I hold it open just a hair it wants to start a little better

Old 06-08-2018, 07:24 AM   #14
kuipertrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuipertrooper View Post
Just posting my build up here mostly just to keep track of my progression with it just gonna add to it whenever I have free time.

Feel free to comment/talk s**t/ask questions whatever idc

I’ve owned it for about 10 months now, my 3rd 240, second s14, when I bought it there was no drive train no brakes / lines / wheels (and steelies don’t count) none of the wiring or interior was put together

I guess team one way out of Indiana did a RHD swap on it and the guy never paid his bill so they possessed it and sold it to someone who let it sit outside for 2 years then I bought it.

It wasn’t half this bad when I first got it either lol

So the first thing I decided to do since I had no motor was to build my own tubs

I actually just went out and bought some trailer fenders that worked pretty well but was kind of a pain with a cut off wheel

After that had to primer and figure out the paint code not gonna lie.. it’s spray paint but I’m super hyped how they turned out

Don’t mind the rb lurking in the background

Which went in shortly after, picked it up off a guy that had it in an s13 that we bought and put an sr in it
Also splatter paint valve covers are so corny I still have yet to paint it

My wheels are exactly what I never knew I wanted: Work ESE - Fs I know they look like vskfs but I’ve never seen them before I bought them off croooober if anyone has pm me I’m curious

Currently running voodoo 13 tension rods, bc coilovers, 50mm extended LCAs and tie rods and 300zx front brakes

Next up was getting my cage put in (I really didn’t want to build it myself because I wanted it to actually be professional/safe

The guy who built it is Travis Griffith, he works at a performance shop building cages and other things. He’s hands down the best welder I’ve ever met, huge shout out to him, he’s built a ton of the cages around here in the Midwest and you can see them as far as Florida.

By the way... painting the inside of a car is probably one of the worst things I’ve ever had to do

Also all spray painted [emoji23] but drift car not sowo build

And then chassis wiring which is the second worst thing I’ve ever had to (still doing) do

And here we have a temporary bs intercooler mock up, a bunch of Ebay piping/intercooler also had most of my wiring specialties harness put in as well also shout out to those guys and yury he’s still answering way too many of my questions

Got the brake lines all flared up bumper to bumper it feels nice knowing they’re all new, despite this is a rust free chassis

Went with the VILLAINS hydro kit could’ve made my own but the simplicity/convenience of their setup is worth the price they’re asking sadly you can’t run 300zx rears tho

Then I got my interior semi finished up, I do now and really couldn’t ask for more except a different steering wheel

Sorry I know I’m a dick but the mint door cards had to be cut :/

Now I have the motor ready to start up, well, waiting on a boost controller running into some wiring issues with it, I have power at my ignition relay but my fuel pump doesn’t prime and no crank. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing, but not against running everything on an individual switch.

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on it, here in the last few weeks I think I have everything running perfect, afr read 14.7, no more dying at stop signs, no more tps issues

Aaaannnd the first ever shake down in the thing

If ya wanna see that vid it’s on our Instagram account bakabeatdown btw

Old 05-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #15
kuipertrooper

Been awhile but I?m alive and the car runs good figured I?d post some pics up how she?s looking rn

Old 05-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #16
kuipertrooper