Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #1
613240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
613240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stew40: The Ultimate Streetcar

Hey guys,

I have been a member here for the better part of 5 years however very inconsistent with checking the forum regularly and need to now motivate myself to document and finish my 6 year continuous project.

I bought my first 240sx back in 2010, when I was 17. Wanted one since I was around 10 years old when my neighbour had this really nice aztek red 180sx, naturally it became my desire to own my very own. It was late in the year, and snow had fallen, I remember counting my money at the kitchen table anticipating the delivery of my first 240sx! Heard a loud noise outside and sure enough it was the seller trying to get up my driveway in the snow. Anyways long story short, here it is the night I bought it.

Sorry for the quality, surprised I still have this picture. Anyhow, the front end was dented in when I bought it. My first order of business was swapping the chuki front end for an oem pignose bumper/lip anyway so I was able to get two birds stoned at once and fix the damage at the sametime!

After this step, I was still waiting out winter to plate the car and start driving it so I purchased a couple goodies off some locals. Pignose oem front lip, Tein HA coilovers, PBM 15mm bolt on wheel spacers, a brand new black carpet, nismo shift knob, OBX header and a rear cusco strutbar. It was hard to acquire these items due to not having a car at my disposal, so I had to work with what I could.

Only picture I have from this short lived stage.

So it was beginning to get nice outside and I was getting ready to plate the car, got it saftied and etested. Fixed up the small loose ends and waited on insurance. I remember waiting for almost two months over insurance b/s just to get it plated but it was well worth it because eventually it was insured and to this day remains under the same policy!

So, shortly after i began to daily drive it I realized that it was an American car and it had 251xxx miles on the clock, not kilometres. This was alarming to me, I had never done more then change a battery or install coilovers before, here I was my only car had an engine made of glass and it was just a matter of time. The clutch ended up breaking, I guess a spring fell out of the disc due to excessive wear and tear. Anyways I bnrought it to the local mechanics shop and he gave me a 750$ estimate to replace the entire clutch assembly. I was hesitant, went home and did my research. After a week of driving on a fried clutch I told myself instead of paying a shop to replace my clutch on my tired ka24de, I would buy a brand new clutch kit, an s14 ka24de with lower kilometres and a newer transmission aswell. So without anydelay, 3 weeks after plating my s13, I was starting an engine swap on it. Ontop of that, summer was just beginning and I had no idea what I was getting myself into...
I would say this was three weeks into the ghetto carport swap/me not having a clue what I'm doing, the engine was finally out.

And here was the S14 ka just about ready to go in. Gave it a minor tune up; oe waterpump, plugs, wires, belts and egr blockoff.

I also had my first girlfriend at the time and was spending lots of time with her that summer, but on September 25th,2011... I fisnished my first engine swap and was back in action!

At this point the next step I wanted to tackle was eliminating the buick beige paint on the car and go for more of a rough/mad max sort of look. Anyways, bought some hideous 17" shiesty wheels off a local for a good deal. Should have just kept the teardrops. Awell, I learnt.

This was the cars shitty stage. The Ka24de I swapped in had a toasted headgasket already so I made the best of it and topped up my rad with water every 2-3 weeks until the snow was back and the car was parked.

It sat until around mid February under my carport, under a tarp, on 4 jack stands. I got my first fulltime job having completed high school now and was starting to rake in the cake so the parts list was made and after not too long, completely empty. First order of business was take the lame engine out of my car and scrap shit out of it.

Started out by painting the bay up!

Aaaaand got myself a really really clean s14 ka24de to swap in and use so I went with that!

Also finally got around to putting the header I had kicking around in the car aswell, was a nice upgrade.

Stepped my game up and pulled the trigger on some PBM coilovers, ditched the shitty Rep Bride couches for A Sparco Rev fixed bucket seat and oem s13 passenger seat. Also got the 15x9 sportmax wheels to get my stance on.

Shortly after that, around mid to late May I completed the swap and all the other little things and began to daily again!

I will leave it at that for today, 2012 was a good summer. I will pick up where I left off tomorrow, it's about to get alot more interesting!
613240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links