Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't care about my car anymore :(

So I i'm in the middle of my first swap, sr20det into s14, and honestly this project has been dragging on so long I feel like I don't even care if it ever gets finished. It honestly feels like nothing has gone right for me at all. I've spent so much money on it, 3800 for the car(my daily for the past year), over 5k on the engine and parts needed for the swap, and it all feels like a waste considering I could have bought an already swapped one with 300+ hp for 7k. Literally every paycheck i've gotten the past 2 years has just gone into my car. And now that school has started again, that combined with work, sports, and other responsibilities I have very little time to work on it. It also doesn't help that my dad is constantly telling me how he needs the car out of the garage, expecting me to wake up every weekend and day off early to work on it. I'm in the final stretches of this, but I've lost almost all motivation. Any advice? -
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Go to meets, ride in friends cars, read magazines.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #3
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I usually pop through build threads and pic threads on here to get ideas and motivation.. you can learn a lot from some of the OG's on here and what they have done with their cars so far or in the past. also I agree with afishysilvia, drive one and read up a lot of people give up because they never meet the end goal of a build which is to enjoy the damn car!
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:32 PM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Dude. Fuck cars. Go enjoy school, play sports, meet women, interact with people and get a good job when it is all done so you don't have to be paycheck to paycheck

I wish I drilled down on those years more. Cars will always be there. Go to meets, and laugh at all the hard parkers who say they ate Ramen noodle for the pat 6 years to afford a S15 turbo so some dude in a parking lot can drop them an insta like. Fuck that nonsense. I rather bank the cash now, spend some on booze/lifestyle and profit later.

Trust me. Take a break. You are burnt out. Go enjoy life and come back in a few months. Move the car to a storage unit and just chill for a min. Check on it every week or so to make sure it's cool. That way, you and your dad are cool, you didnt unload it all and can come back to it when $$$$ is falling from the sky.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:42 AM   #5
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i'd say push on thru. finish the job.

dont be like me. s13 10yrs on a lift waiting for that spark to get me rolling again.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #6
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
preciate the responses guys. I think i'm gonna tuff it out and finish this, but after that I'm just gonna enjoy my car how it is and take a break from the constant wrenching. After all, the whole reason i got the car was to drive it. feels good to know i'm not the only one whos gone through the motions.
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #7
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My main S14 has been in the garage for about 7 years now. Simple project snowballed into a full restomod.

I bought more cars throughout the years (still have them) and I now have a lot more cars to maintain and of course the S14 is on the backburner. I'm at the stage of filling up fluids and turning the key to verify the engine is good, yanking it out and focusing on paint.

My piece of advice is to clean your garage. I had no motivation to work on my car when the garage was a mess. Got it cleaned and I have been tinkering with it a lot more.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If I had to do it all over again I would have just skipped the sr20det swap. Too much of a hassle and too much of a money pit. Think I would have been less stressed out to keep the s14 close to stock, get a good set of tires and call it a day. Save the money and time doing other fun stuff or just not getting stressed out as much.

Also been more happy in the past years just financing a newer fun car that I don't have to modify as much.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #9
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Have a nice plain daily, then have a car to build...stress free plan
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #10
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
lol im in the finish it boat...would suggest concentrate on making it safely driveable and worry about cosmetics later...also guage your dads attitude on whether or not to move it...a storage unit often will allow limited work on it (enclosed where others don't see) but wont let you do a motor swap for example...but if its driveable you can at least move it around and work on it here an there...when I was living with my dad had crx, mr2, and my first 240...had to do some in the garage but due to my dad running a restoration business out of his garage I had to get all my stuff out of his way during business hours...I still remember had to do engine install on the crx, and time ran short so I only had 1 axle in...found out LSD locked up quite nicely as I was able to slowly drive it out and plug the other side til I could get to it! had to finish that in the dirt lol
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:38 AM   #11
duballstar37
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
duballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
As much as I agree with focusing on school, partying, sports, etc... You need to finish the project for yourself, not the hard parkers at local meets. If you want it, get it! Nothing like the feeling when you turn the key after a bunch of hard work and the car starts. There will always be other things to fix over time. Just focus on making it safe, make a checklist, and prioritize. That always helps me.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #12
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
setting a deadline for an event always helps me. did my sr swap 3 days before shipping the car out for final bout 2 lol
Old 09-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #13
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
setting a deadline for an event always helps me. did my sr swap 3 days before shipping the car out for final bout 2 lol
This.

My goal is to attend a drift central event by the end of the year.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #14
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Loosing interest happens alot. I dumped a ton of money into a few different cars ie: 350z, S14 (sold here), Sc300 with 2j swap (sold here) and my now POS 335. Sometimes you have to step back and enjoy other things in life. If wrenching on it urself doesnt proove fruitful then def just step back and take a break. The worst thing you can do is get rid of it and or part out because you will be left with a huge void. Like a bad breakup. I miss all my old cars and looking back shouldn't have sold any of them. If need be get a storage unit. I know the feeling of a parent wanting it out. I was in the same exact position but i had a house without a garage. I finally sold my last SC and literally built a garage and sold the house. Now looking for another project. If i could have done it again i would have kept one of them.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #15
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I agree with all of the "live your life" comments, but I've had the best memories in my late teens and 20's in my s14. My car has never been super clean show-car status and my engine bay has never been anything remotely close to eye candy but it worked and I drove the shit out of my car.

A common problem I see with younger guys getting unmotivated and overwhelmed with a project is trying to do too much at once. When you want an engine with all the best parts in a car with all the best parts sitting on the best wheels on a budget and the car just sits.

My advice? Get it all running on the cheap. I'm not saying go and buy a bunch of cheap crap from China off Ebay, but stick with more of the OEM stuff. Run the stock t25 with the stock ecu/harness, stock exhaust, brakes, suspension..just get it running and driving again. Then drive it. Drive the shit out of it and upgrade it as you go.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #16
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
BRUH. i know that feeling all to well. my car was down for about 3 years while i scavenged for money/ time/ parts.

and I know the feels of " fuck this, why even bother" moments. but honestly its a hump you have to get over to prove your resolve to yourself.

good luck, hope you finish it.

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #17
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
as add on for mine...go to school, get a good job then come back when you have time and money! cars will always be there, your time will not be though
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #18
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Pics of said car and parts....then will know which way u should go...

(Looking for partout steal of deal prices lol)
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:09 AM   #19
dukiespice
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
dukiespice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I’ve sold 3 perfectly good cars because of similar reasons and I wish I never did. What I plan to do is keep my car in storage until I can work on it/drive it. That storage fee will make up for losing a car you can’t find again... seriously
dukiespice is offline   Reply With Quote