Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:51 AM   #2011
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just wanna say Tsuchiya's 86 would destroy 99% of any Zilvia member's cars. Within reason of course.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #2012
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Not entirely sure as to why it says 'FORBIDDEN' when I go up and literally quote you calling your car a 'road race car' proving you wrong but consider yourself saved by Zilvia.

Road race cars are cars in which participate in road racing which makes it a race car. I don't give a fuck if you drive it to 7/11 or daily it, it's literally by definition a race car. So yes - you did call it a race car even if your microscopic brain capacity couldn't fathom you may or may not have call it that indirectly.
Have you heard of copy and paste? Even my microscopic brain could have figured that out lol.

and this is probably what you were referring to?

"My point was that you can totally have a fun and competitive road racing car and still drive it on the street."

you CAN (not mine) CAN/it's possible to have a fun and competitive road racing car that can be street driven.

..and I'll just leave this here, again. Skip down to TOURING CLASS and remember your yellow book from Hooked on Phonics. Sound it out and try and understand that there are classes to road racing.

https://www.scca.com/pages/on-track

But SCCA is gay or something, right? Ok here's another one:

Some of these cars are driven on the street. There are very competitive s14's, FR-Z's, 370z's, 350z's, GT-R's, etc. that are all street driven.

But I know you don't care about the rules..or any kind of rules that disprove your argument. Only the made up rules in your fantasy world where only one-seater fiberglass body over full tube chassis can participate in road racing.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:35 AM   #2013
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
as in capability or longevity?
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #2014
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I just wanna say Tsuchiya's 86 would destroy 99% of any Zilvia member's cars. Within reason of course.
Well duh!! you can't race a car when it's on jack stands
Old 01-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #2015
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Definitely looks like a ton of cars that go shredding on the street when they aren't on the track they were built for. Great example.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:12 PM   #2016
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
? yeah, some of them do..

agree to disagree, well leave it at that.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:09 AM   #2017
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post

But SCCA is gay or something, right?
This is gold.... lol

Last edited by s13 @ fullboost; 01-22-2020 at 01:14 AM..
s13 @ fullboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #2018
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
This is gold.... lol

I heard the people running SCCA here in San Diego is a bunch of elitist assholes which is why I never thought about going in my FA5
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #2019
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
I heard the people running SCCA here in San Diego is a bunch of elitist assholes which is why I never thought about going in my FA5
I will not talk any shit as I do not know the SD chapter. I race W2W with NASA and occasionally see SCCA guys. For the most part they seem cool. With that said I would like to think they are also talented as a SCCA racing license is valid to enter many other sanctions of racing.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #2020
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:
Yes.

msglength
Old 01-23-2020, 07:49 AM   #2021
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
That's no longer a street safe daily driver.
Uhhh, why not? It's actually much safer now than when you started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Talking about street cars...

Tsuchiya's 86 is what I consider to be the pinnacle of a "properly" tuned Japanese "street car":
  • No cage
  • No GT wing
  • Paint/ focus on aesthetics
  • Full interior
  • A/C & heat
  • Strong focus on handling and balance
  • Can have "fun" doing spirited street driving, track days, drifting and of course Touge Battles... lol

The above almost seems like a foreign concept to most S-Chassis these days.
Have you seen how this car was built? It has like $70,000+ worth of work in it. They basically took it down to the bare chassis, reinforced the entire thing, and put it back together with new everything.

Any s-chassis with coilovers, sway bars, and decently sticky tires will tear itself apart after a few years of being driven hard. These are wet-noodle chassis', they need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Anyways, this whole conversation is stupid. Can we move on or would you guys like to keep talking about racing classes and rule books?
Agreed. Everyone is arguing semantics. Call your car whatever you want, just have fun driving it. Fuck.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 01-24-2020 at 09:33 AM..
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #2022
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

The fact we even had that argument just goes to show how fucking stupid SCCA or whatever the fuck they call their swingers group. When they're done getting sweaty by driving their cars around, they slip out of their race suits into their birthday suits so they can yank and suck each other.

Can we talk about what type of meat people prefer in their burgers? Christ.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:17 AM   #2023
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
The fact we even had that argument just goes to show how fucking stupid SCCA or whatever the fuck they call their swingers group. When they're done getting sweaty by driving their cars around, they slip out of their race suits into their birthday suits so they can yank and suck each other.

Can we talk about what type of meat people prefer in their burgers? Christ.

Lmao

S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #2024
spooled240
Post Whore!

..because building tire smoke machines with Sailor Moon on the side and comparing ride heights is a much serious type of motorsport..
Old 01-24-2020, 12:24 PM   #2025
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Have you seen how this car was built? It has like $70,000+ worth of work in it. They basically took it down to the bare chassis, reinforced the entire thing, and put it back together with new everything.
Yes, I have seen how that car was built... That's why I used the word "pinnacle". Tsuchiya paid for all of the work to be done by the "best of the best".

Seam/ stitch welding on S-Chassis isn't something that's unheard of. It's just those who do don't keep full interiors with working A/C and almost always put in some sort of half/ full cage.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #2026
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

i prefer either beef or elk...perfect burger to date: Fuddruckers bun, beef patty, cheese, guacamole, egg, tomato, pickles, shredded lettuce, bacon, ketchup, mayo, dab of mustard....shoulda gotten that for lunch instead of Costco pizza lol, the pizza was good tho!
Old 01-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #2027
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:

Some of these cars are driven on the street. There are very competitive s14's, FR-Z's, 370z's, 350z's, GT-R's, etc. that are all street driven.
I know malko street drives his z34 on a regular basis. he comes out to the Irvine meet from time to time.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:49 PM   #2028
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
i prefer either beef or elk...perfect burger to date: Fuddruckers bun, beef patty, cheese, guacamole, egg, tomato, pickles, shredded lettuce, bacon, ketchup, mayo, dab of mustard....shoulda gotten that for lunch instead of Costco pizza lol, the pizza was good tho!
i like some buffalo mixed into the beef with some chopped onions and various seasonings. it all starts with the patty. and i like to keep it simple. jack cheese, horseradish mustard, sautéed onions, and a slice of romaine. all you need!
Old 01-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #2029
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
i like some buffalo mixed into the beef with some chopped onions and various seasonings. it all starts with the patty. and i like to keep it simple. jack cheese, horseradish mustard, sautéed onions, and a slice of romaine. all you need!
not gonna lie, I like some A1 mixed in with the burger while you cook it, and have even gotten so naughty as to mix a little in with my ketchup.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #2030
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
not gonna lie, I like some A1 mixed in with the burger while you cook it, and have even gotten so naughty as to mix a little in with my ketchup.
you know how i know you're 'merican?

my grandpa was a tomato farmer and sold most of his tomatoes to heinz. i hate ketchup although, i did go to some place on the beach in cayucos that somehow had some delicious home made ketchup.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:59 PM   #2031
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
you know how i know you're 'merican?

my grandpa was a tomato farmer and sold most of his tomatoes to heinz. i hate ketchup although, i did go to some place on the beach in cayucos that somehow had some delicious home made ketchup.
Next time you’re down there get some Cayucos hot sauce. Our friend Lars started his own brand and it’s bomb.

https://cayucoshotsauce.com

You can get it on amazon too

Quote:
Old 01-27-2020, 02:09 AM   #2032
deolio
Post Whore!

^ooo imma get some

debate: having a shop space were you work on your car is better than working on it at home in your garage.

i spent 18 hours working on my car this weekend. i think if i was in my garage i probably would have gotten maybe 5 hours of work done. sooooo much easier to focus.

but then people are like, “well, i like to tinker on things.” but do you actually ever GET ANY SHIT DONE?

maybe it’s just a binge vs steady stream thing? netflix vs cable of car building procedure haha
Old 01-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #2033
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
I like my car at home... sometimes ill be just sitn on the couch in my boxers drinkn a beer n catch a random urge togo in the garage and "tinker" usually turns into a few hrs of getn shit done lol the family respects me workn in the garage on my toys, but then again i respect my family and their above anything n everything eles
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #2034
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
..because building tire smoke machines with Sailor Moon on the side and comparing ride heights is a much serious type of motorsport..
I don't really think you want me to start pulling up the shit boxes that claim their SCCA racecardriveboiz. Just because some beat pussy clapped out youtube whore is looking for views doesn't really reflect on the rest of us. Shit is a business and it doesn't give a fuck if some nerdy fuck who playes WoW all day drinking MONSTER with his SCCA socks and camshaft tattoo like yourself gives a fuck. You're a number. We're all numbers.

---

Anyways. What's the most exotic meat you've had as a burger or in a burger?
Old 01-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #2035
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

I also prefer working at home...don't have boss breathing down my neck, customers distracting me every 2 seconds etc...I still help people out and regularly turn around multiple full day jobs in less than 8 hours...I don't have steady stream of work or would work from home instead lol! there are times when the honey do list takes precedence but I can normally knock that out and get the work done too! I also have fallen into the start one project and get into 10 more, theres just a lot to do owning a home lol!
Old 01-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #2036
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Debate: having a shop space were you work on your car is better than working on it at home in your garage.

I spent 18 hours working on my car this weekend. i think if i was in my garage i probably would have gotten maybe 5 hours of work done. Sooooo much easier to focus.
Garage is for parking, a Shop is for work. At home, there are too many distractions, better things to be doing with your time. Especially when kids/ working spouse are home.

No debate. Shop (if your fortunate enough to have one)
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:02 PM   #2037
spooled240
Post Whore!

I've never had a problem with focusing on my work in my garage..just having the space to work to begin with. I'm at my wit's end of living in apartments in this state.

Quote:
I don't really think you want me to start pulling up the shit boxes that claim their SCCA racecardriveboiz.
Let's see them
Old 01-27-2020, 08:05 PM   #2038
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't have an issue staying focused working on my crap in my shop. My issue is I can't work out there for more than an hour without getting a raging migraine for some damned reason I can't figure out. Best guess is the lighting, but hell if I know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:36 AM   #2039
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

in light of similar migraines at work I have been leaving the fluorescents above my desk burnt out...helps a little, at home I have been keeping slightly dimmer lights and moving to LED which have a more consistent light patter and not the slight flicker that fluorescents have...did have super bright lights which caused issue and cheap fluorescent which did the same...
Old 01-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #2040
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
in light of similar migraines at work I have been leaving the fluorescents above my desk burnt out...helps a little, at home I have been keeping slightly dimmer lights and moving to LED which have a more consistent light patter and not the slight flicker that fluorescents have...did have super bright lights which caused issue and cheap fluorescent which did the same...
I ditched all the fluorescents in my shop in favor of LED, and its a big improvement in light quality, and my electric bill went down.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these are about $25 each, and they can daisy chain so you can link a few of them together.

Quote: