Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-25-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
The High & Mighty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (43)
The High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Concept Z Performance StopTech Z32 & S chassis Front Brake Upgrade.

Not too long after Concept Z Performance released a new front brake upgrade I went ahead and purchased this Brake upgrade.

My first impressions after unboxing everything, is how greatly engineered and manufactured these components are. I give these parts a 10/10 in the aesthetics department. Now as for the performance goes,I'll be giving my reviews in comparison between the newly remanufactured centric parts Z32s my S14 currently has and this new CZP StopTech brake upgrade. Stay tuned in the near future for this review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The High & Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
What front rotors do u run with this setup?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^^ Stock Z32 (30mm) rotors

I just wish they made it so it can be adapted to a 350Z rotor. Not only are they larger, they are cheaper to procure, have better venting and weigh about the same.

Either way, still love it!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post

I just wish they made it so it can be adapted to a 350Z rotor. Not only are they larger, they are cheaper to procure, have better venting and weigh about the same.

If z32 rotors are used why not just 30mm z32 calipers? Is there that much of advantage to go with stoptec to justify the price? Obvs the BLING is better

I just imagined these on 350z track rotors would be AMAZING
Old 01-25-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
So a few things off the bat

- Radial mount vs lug mount. Radial mounts tend to not "flex" under continuous heavy braking in comparison to the lug mounts. This in turns translates to much more uniform brake wear
- MUCH more robust caliper. The Z32 is not only a fairly outdated design, they have terrible heat dissipation qualities. It is a 40 year old caliper design.
- Selection of piston sizes. In addition, SS pistons or better piston seals as compared to the Z32
- Larger pads. Again, to do with heat capacity.
- Overall larger caliper for more swept rotor area, and ofcourse, reduced caliper flex.
- Weight. I am sure the new caliper is not only larger, but weighs several lbs less than a comparable Z32 caliper.

The stoptech is leaps and bounds better than the Z32 caliper.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:57 AM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

If Z32 calipers can be adapted to 350z rotors, and these Stoptech calipers bolt onto z32. Couldn't you theoretically also adapt these to 350z rotors using the same adapter for z32 calipers.

Last edited by TheRealSy90; 01-27-2020 at 01:47 PM..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:17 AM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Theoretically yes, but the answer currently is no. The offset is different between the 350Z vs the 300ZX rotors. You would not only have to have spacers to offset the bracket radially, you will also need spacers to offset axially. I will have to go home and measure to confirm (offset inward or outward axially that is)

P.S you meant StopTech Calipers, not rotors.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #8
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I meant combining the Stoptech adapter with the z32-350z rotor adapter.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #9
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I meant combining the Stoptech adapter with the z32-350z rotor adapter.

Thats like running a wheel spacer with another wheel spacer ontop..... Would it work? Yes, good idea? No.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:29 PM   #10
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Considering how hard it is to source a clean pair of Z32 front calipers, let alone rebuild them, this is a pretty good alternative.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:39 AM   #11
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This kit only averaged a 3ft shortened 60-to-0 over the z32 iron calipers. No info on what pads the z32's were on so there really wasn't a direct comparison in my book. Can you justify that 3ft for $500 over brand new Z32 aluminum's from PBM or $600 over a used pair of Z32's off ebay? All things considered, It is a beautiful kit right out of the box that mates right up to a Z32 rotor and works with the BMC unlike some of the bigger brake kits on the market. I can only see myself buying these just to say they are newer and look nicer and not really a performance upgrade over stock z32.

IG - allen.kerose

Last edited by Tempo; 01-28-2020 at 02:35 AM..
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:49 AM   #12
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Dude that is not the way it works

Tire compound has a whole lot more to do with braking than just pads.

I dont think you have a handle on what equated to better braking. Also as I've listed above for the benefits
Old 01-28-2020, 05:56 AM   #13
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Considering how hard it is to source a clean pair of Z32 front calipers, let alone rebuild them, this is a pretty good alternative.
They sell mint new calipers, rockauto n even pbm sells them

https://store.partsshopmax.com/CZ32F.html

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...b,caliper,1704
Old 01-28-2020, 06:01 AM   #14
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:

I dont think you have a handle on what equated to better braking. Also as I've listed above for the benefits

With all things considering i would imagine if they tested these stoptechs vs z32 calipers the other variables such as tires, car weight, street conditions are all the same...if not why even bother testing/compaing the two.

The z32 brake setup is a solid setup, probly 90% of this forum would never need more braking then what they offer. Now the stoptechs are sweet and the bling factor is there...but the price...naw

For that u could go ctsv setup, get even better clamping force and ur running the larger 350z track rotor. Yea that setup is massive and probly over kill...but its a GLORIOUS setup lol

My point is if u gotta run z32 rotors...im running stock z32 caliper for the price is minimal upgrade to swap calipers on the same rotor diameter
Old 01-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #15
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

I went ahead and posed the question to concept z. Let's see what they say in terms of what pararamets they kept constant

Im actually genuinely curious
Old 01-28-2020, 06:40 AM   #16
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
I went ahead and posed the question to concept z. Let's see what they say in terms of what pararamets they kept constant

Im actually genuinely curious

Awsome..... i dont see any negatives beyond price(compared to z32 stockers) but it is a nicesetup bling, n stand out from the normal z32 swap everyone does
Old 01-28-2020, 07:20 AM   #17
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

So in all honesty this would be better suited to folks who trackday and need a more robust caliper or folks who just want the look and want to fit a specific wheel

However without upsizing the rotor in conjunction, although you save a few pennies by reusing a z32 rotor, the full benefits of a BBK are not fully realized. The z33 rotor is not only larger it has better venting and also cheaper drastically reducing my consumables cost

However my needs diverge drastically from about 90% of the forum lol

My current wilwood radial setup with 6 piston SN6L wide calipers, 350z rotor (not even my trackday 2 piece setup) and core4 brackets are actually several lbs lighter than the 30mm AL setup and even lighter yet than the iron setup. It also fits beneath a 17 inch wheel. Also I am all in with bnib components for about the price of the stoptech calipers on stock rotors.......

Cool piece of kit however as stoptech calipers are lovely
Old 01-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #18
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Concept Z Performance StopTech Z32 & S chassis Front Brake Upgrade.

Quote:

I'm just basing my statement off their comparison. I do have a full understanding that tires are, for the most part responsible for stopping force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
With all things considering i would imagine if they tested these stoptechs vs z32 calipers the other variables such as tires, car weight, street conditions are all the same...if not why even bother testing/compaing the two.

The z32 brake setup is a solid setup, probly 90% of this forum would never need more braking then what they offer. Now the stoptechs are sweet and the bling factor is there...but the price...naw

For that u could go ctsv setup, get even better clamping force and ur running the larger 350z track rotor. Yea that setup is massive and probly over kill...but its a GLORIOUS setup lol

My point is if u gotta run z32 rotors...im running stock z32 caliper for the price is minimal upgrade to swap calipers on the same rotor diameter

S14Rebuild said it best.

For those looking to track their car, for the price this isn't that great of a kit. Like others and myself have mentioned, you could get a much better braking system for around the same price or couple hundred more if you are really chasing performance. All in all, it's just a nice update to the Z32 calipers but I'm not sure if anyone is willing to pay more for similar performance.

IG - allen.kerose
Old 01-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #19
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

^ in all honesty, I was a little snarky with my response to you. I whole heartedly agree. This may very well be for a specific audience.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #20
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post

They are not hard to rebuild. They still sell seal kits for them.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:32 PM   #21
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
^ in all honesty, I was a little snarky with my response to you. I whole heartedly agree. This may very well be for a specific audience.

No worries dude. Happens to all of us when debating parts functionality and value lol.

IG - allen.kerose
Old 03-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #22
Tuckedin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Tuckedin is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree with everyone. Lol! I tried to get the Z33 rotor kit to be done first but they wouldnt listen.
Tuckedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:03 PM   #23
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Z32 calipers are terrible performers. Great for entry level hooning, but I ran into situations where they heat soaked when they do - they fade and get noiser than shit.

I guess this is a decent middle ground before moving forward with an ST40 kit. Probably the reason they dont sell a kit using the 350Z rotors. This is considered an entry level big brake kit. Otherwise, go with the ST40 kit.

No matter what anyone says, any change you make to the brake system will effect bias. This kit or any kit. I would imagine a Z32 BMC is required should you want to complete the setup (front and rear brakes).
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote