Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #61
jjsz32racing
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
jjsz32racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is the third 2j I wired and the other 2 still running great. It was all a experiment bout a year or so ago I also made 576whp on the last one I sold all I tuned it with was safc2 and wideband I have anotherswap to do in a few months for friend. I'm located in south ga,
jjsz32racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #62
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Yea, after I asked I noticed the palm plants/trees in the background. Would've liked to be able to check out the car sometime but the only time I'm in south GA I'm headed for Florida lol.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #63
jjsz32racing
Leaky Injector

= HOFFMan I will make u a deal I will wire your car for free if I ever meet you no bullshit no sarcasm I just don't understand why your mad at me about not soldering wires. if they were crank position sensor or anything to that nature yeah but tell me this when u replace anything electrical on your car what's the first thing you do UNPLUG remove and replace key word unplug. that's the type of connectors I use plug type . Now tell me the difference. OH and quick food for thought since you think I'm a dum ass and your knowledge exceeds mine so far. Why are all the wires in a factory harnness twisted to some degree and not inline.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #64
jjsz32racing
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
Yea, after I asked I noticed the palm plants/trees in the background. Would've liked to be able to check out the car sometime but the only time I'm in south GA I'm headed for Florida lol.
we have a drift event coming up october 20th in Cordele at Watermelon Raceway cash prize and small sponsorship at the end of the event. you guys are welcome to come compete or just hang out if you need details let me know. More updates on the swap soon Hoffman has given me lots of motivation to make it clean and pretty thanks man.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #65
chris2jzgte

chris2jzgte is an unknown quantity at this point
dam man thanks for sharing the wiring with all of us doing the jz swap, you saved me $500 dollars ,how long did it take you to do the wiring
chris2jzgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #66
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
see what i mean skinny one is manual non abs this does not look like yours
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #67
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
hoffman stfu and quit shitting on his thread
801nismo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #68
jjsz32racing
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2jzgte View Post
dam man thanks for sharing the wiring with all of us doing the jz swap, you saved me $500 dollars ,how long did it take you to do the wiring
it took me bout 3 hours for the wiring and for the altenator just cut your old one and wire the new one in. i will have to look to get wire specific. The only thing i wanted to do was help people that didnt want to pay for somthin so simple thats why wiring is so secret theres nothing to it. any questions i will help the best i can.

oh and dam that brake boosters small. i assumed mine was non abs because the car is. but thanks for the insight man
Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #69
Pray And Spray
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Pray And Spray is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah then again people will always hate.. Thanks for the write up man...
Pray And Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #70
nsain
Leaky Injector

nsain is an unknown quantity at this point
o cool, i was going to post up my findings when i was done with mine, but you beat me to it. anyways, for the starter to work you forgot to mention the 12v trigger wire to the starter, which i believe from the aristo body plug was pin f1. i cant remember too well, but it was all black and right on top of the blk/orange wires that powered injectors and igniter. need to get this black wire and connect it to the trigger wire coming off of the 240sx chassis. on the s14 the blk/yel trigger wire from connector e201 near the fuse box would work.

also, not sure about s13, but on a 95 s14, there's a f3 plug near where the ecu plug is located. there's a blk/pink wire pin 27 that you can ground and it will allow for your stock fuel pump wiring to work. you can also get your switch 12v from pin 1 blk/red wire. this is only for 95 s14 though, because i've found a pinout for the f3 connector that didnt really matched up to my plug.
nsain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #71
JSimpson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
JSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Because this is the ONLY wiring diagram for this swap ever made. You don't see my point. He half asses everything, so why trust is wiring capabilities?
There is a point when you just shut the phuck up... his car runs. go rewire your rocker pitching SR with all the solder in the world if it makes you happy
JSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #72
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Im just confused on that plug from the Engine to Body.....Whats that exact name of that Plug?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:44 AM   #73
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsz32racing View Post
= HOFFMan I will make u a deal I will wire your car for free if I ever meet you no bullshit no sarcasm I just don't understand why your mad at me about not soldering wires. if they were crank position sensor or anything to that nature yeah but tell me this when u replace anything electrical on your car what's the first thing you do UNPLUG remove and replace key word unplug. that's the type of connectors I use plug type . Now tell me the difference. OH and quick food for thought since you think I'm a dum ass and your knowledge exceeds mine so far. Why are all the wires in a factory harnness twisted to some degree and not inline.
I have a brand new WS harness with everything down to the consult port working. I never said you were a dumb ass, you are just using low quality parts and throwing everything together without taking the time to make it somewhat clean.

JSimpson- Every engine ever made has it's own set of issues. Don't turn this into a SR vs 2JZ debate. That's just silly
Old 09-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #74
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
I have a brand new WS harness with everything down to the consult port working. I never said you were a dumb ass, you are just using low quality parts and throwing everything together without taking the time to make it somewhat clean.

JSimpson- Every engine ever made has it's own set of issues. Don't turn this into a SR vs 2JZ debate. That's just silly
so he wired it himself while you had someone else do it. Then are gonna come in talking all high and mighty?

way more respect for him.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #75
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
No, I originally wired mine myself, including comparing the ka fsm and s14 sr fsm and making my own diagram because the 3 I had found on the net didn't work. Mine worked first try and I spent the many hours extra to sleeve it and make it nice. The reason I got a new harness is because the harness that came with my swap was 15+ years old and I was fixing breaks every other day. I'm not just critiquing his wiring, I'm talking about the overall quality.

One of the things you guys forget is that this is a PUBLIC forum. Posting your build on a PUBLIC forum will result in positive and NEGATIVE feedback, and there's nothing that you can really do to avoid that except not posting at all. You don't think I haven't received negative feedback on my build? Welcome to life where everything isn't always candy coated. I'm 20 years old and I have already realized that.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #76
Pray And Spray
Zilvia Junkie

I dont think you know what
Your saying.. The point hes tryin to get across is that its different to wire an SR and a 2JZ.. So please stop posting on here with your ignorant statements...
Old 09-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #77
Pray And Spray
Zilvia Junkie

Hes building a car on a budget and he sure as well isnt doing it half as assed as most people's cars on here. So please stop flaming unless you bring some vital information here first.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #78
nsain
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
Im just confused on that plug from the Engine to Body.....Whats that exact name of that Plug?
on the aristo engine harness, there's a plug that goes into the ecu(big 80 pin plug named e9) and there's suppose to be another plug(40 pin plug named e10) that goes into the ecu. if you have an aristo harness, then the aristo harness will not come with an e10 plug, it comes with this weird looking shape plug that the op had a linked of. this is the plug goes into the aristo body harness which then has the e10 plug. but because its unlikely that you'll get an aristo body harness with the e10 plug, its easier to just get an e10 plug from any other 2jz harness and just pull out the wires you need from this weird aristo plug into the new e10 plug. as far as the name of this plug, im not sure what its called because im going off of a supra manual and they didn't have this plug, but i remember seeing another guy refer to it as the IK1. not sure on that so dont quote me.

if you're refering to the engine to body plug that is used from the s14 240sx then its called f3. located on your 240sx engine wiring harness near the ecu plug.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #79
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
No, I originally wired mine myself, including comparing the ka fsm and s14 sr fsm and making my own diagram because the 3 I had found on the net didn't work. Mine worked first try and I spent the many hours extra to sleeve it and make it nice. The reason I got a new harness is because the harness that came with my swap was 15+ years old and I was fixing breaks every other day. I'm not just critiquing his wiring, I'm talking about the overall quality.

One of the things you guys forget is that this is a PUBLIC forum. Posting your build on a PUBLIC forum will result in positive and NEGATIVE feedback, and there's nothing that you can really do to avoid that except not posting at all. You don't think I haven't received negative feedback on my build? Welcome to life where everything isn't always candy coated. I'm 20 years old and I have already realized that.
TLDR
i assume its more idiot ranting about how you are a wiring god and this dude sucks.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #80
BDMs14
Leaky Injector

BDMs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
proyecto cohete 2jz by fernelis rodriguez - YouTube

real half-assed jz swap^^

2JZGTE START UP PROYECT AE86 HACHI ROKU - YouTube

real half-assed jz wiring^^
both still work!
BDMs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #81
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
I vote for Hoffman to get linked for 1 week for his bad behavior. The audacity of this fool
Old 09-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #82
jjsz32racing
Leaky Injector

updates coming soon guys. and i used the existing starter trigger off the fuse block just spliced in and presto starts with the key. fuel pump wiring is today so i dont have a toggle switch. Seals finally blew on that air reasearch turbo i used it on bout 4 different motors. oh and did u guys see how much a oil supply line kit for single turbo apps look at the link Welcome to Driftmotion!

Well i made mine for bout $35 and it took bout 30 min i will take pics
Old 09-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #83
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
great information man, it's great to see individuals doing the swap on a budget and making people mad that it's running for so cheap.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #84
jjsz32racing
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
great information man, it's great to see individuals doing the swap on a budget and making people mad that it's running for so cheap.
Thanks man so far the grand total for the swap with everthing even the little shit is $3165 and thats going single minus the turbo i already had
Old 09-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #85
chris2jzgte

chris2jzgte is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsz32racing View Post
it took me bout 3 hours for the wiring and for the altenator just cut your old one and wire the new one in. i will have to look to get wire specific. The only thing i wanted to do was help people that didnt want to pay for somthin so simple thats why wiring is so secret theres nothing to it. any questions i will help the best i can.

oh and dam that brake boosters small. i assumed mine was non abs because the car is. but thanks for the insight man
so did you make your wiring harness from scratch or did you just modify the aristo wiring harness,
chris2jzgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #86
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
I vote for Hoffman to get linked for 1 week for his bad behavior. The audacity of this fool
Really? Pinked because I gave negative feedback on this circle jerk? That's fucking stupid. Unfortunately for you, you aren't a mod and therefor don't hold the power to pink me for a childish reason. Someone doesn't like the build, get over it.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #87
z31kirby
Leaky Injector

z31kirby is an unknown quantity at this point
It's ok ignore hoffman haters gonna hate it's their job, but what he said is true lol there's positive and negative feedback this hater here is just trolling ignore ignore
z31kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #88
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

TIL negative feedback = trolling
Old 09-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #89
jjsz32racing
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2jzgte View Post
so did you make your wiring harness from scratch or did you just modify the aristo wiring harness,
I modified the aristo harness.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #90
nsain
Leaky Injector

ey bro, what was your drive shaft length? and who did you go through? also, for the fuel pump ecu, how did you go around that?