Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (37)
andy107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Post My First Visit to California and 2013 Japan DSPORT TAS TOUR: Introduction

*Lack of interest and too big to post. Reducing clutter on Ziliva, building personal blog.*

Thanks to those who read my thread and wanted to follow. Good day to you.

Last edited by andy107; 09-23-2013 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Lack of interest and too big to post. Reducing clutter on Ziliva and moved to personal blog.
andy107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Dear god that is a lot to read!
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
wow i tought there as a text limit per post lol

nice pana pix.
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Nissan4Life87

Trader Rating: (0)
Nissan4Life87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A lot to read but worth it.
Nissan4Life87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan4Life87 View Post
A lot to read but worth it.
Thanks guys! I would love to share my thoughts with everyone as well as pics of my trip soon! I gotta edit some photos for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedhellrider View Post
me no like read ! me like color books!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8bar10der View Post
That was a good read. Subscribed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmyers View Post
great read! looking forward to more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Great read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy sr View Post
Damn my eyes hurt. I need holy water. I been to midland, sag and flint and st joseph all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsu1012 View Post
nice, I'm from mt. pleasant Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240drifter1 View Post
In for super cool japan pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cengorao View Post
such is life. Have a great day everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
awesome pics man!!
=)
jk, I liked the story about discovering cars in 6th grade. I think i was drooling over my dad's car and driver magazines when i was a child, back when the Z32 came out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post
cliff notes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo0d View Post
Cliff Notes:

Finds passion for cars at early age.

Goes to a tech school.

Gets job at a dealership earning crap pay, hoping to get recognized for his hard work.

Master Techs bust his chops all day / Boss is a jerk

Quits job and passion for cars starts to deteriorate.

Takes trip to Japan?

Thanks for reading guys! Appreciate your input and comments!

Last edited by andy107; 04-11-2013 at 08:39 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
cliff notes?
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
me no like read ! me like color books!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Boss240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (25)
Boss240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
This was a good read, and I have a friend that is guuna be going to UTI later this year to start his training in the automotive industry, hopefully his experience will be a lot better.
Boss240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
really good read, i enjoyed it. really sucks that you had to deal with shit people like that, especially when the little guy is the one that does more than anyone else but gets treated/paid shitty
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
very good read and cant wait to hear more. Sucks about what happend and hopefully you'll get where you want.
blood out
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
In for super cool japan pics.
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
zo0d
Zilvia Member

zo0d is on a distinguished road
Cliff Notes:

Finds passion for cars at early age.

Goes to a tech school.

Gets job at a dealership earning crap pay, hoping to get recognized for his hard work.

Master Techs bust his chops all day / Boss is a jerk

Quits job and passion for cars starts to deteriorate.

Takes trip to Japan?
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Great read!

hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #14
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Damn my eyes hurt. I need holy water. I been to midland, sag and flint and st joseph all the time.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
nice, I'm from mt. pleasant Michigan.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I just hope you had a chance to do other stuff in Tokyo than just to go to TAS. Tokyo is one of those cities that you can spend 1 month there and still not hit up all the tourist spots. I'm not even talking about the other cool stuff thats not listed on a travel guide book.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I just hope you had a chance to do other stuff in Tokyo than just to go to TAS. Tokyo is one of those cities that you can spend 1 month there and still not hit up all the tourist spots. I'm not even talking about the other cool stuff thats not listed on a travel guide book.
Co-signed! There's so much to see and do. Last time I was in Japan it was for 2 weeks. 5 of the days were in Tokyo and it felt like I was missing out on stuff.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #18
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
awesome pics man!!

=)

jk, I liked the story about discovering cars in 6th grade. I think i was drooling over my dad's car and driver magazines when i was a child, back when the Z32 came out.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #19
ianmyers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ianmyers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
great read! looking forward to more!
ianmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #20
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ok I read it and enjoyed it! I feel your pain brother! I went through the same thing for years jumping around from shop to shop and its all the same bs and harassment. The best thing to do is stay positive and find a niche in the car world that you like whether its painting, building wheels, kits, motors and make a name for yourself. Working for the man will only get you so far. Or plan on being a bitch at the workplace for 5 years+ before you get any respect and an average salary.
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
That was a good read. Subscribed!
1gr8bar10der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #22
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Now, you went to TAS but no fucking pictures posted up...I'll give you a couple more days to post up piktars before I report this thread for being worthless!!! There better be pictures of show queens in there too, part of the TAS experience is acting like every pervert in the show that hoard around the models like white on rice.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #23
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Now, you went to TAS but no fucking pictures posted up...I'll give you a couple more days to post up piktars before I report this thread for being worthless!!! There better be pictures of show queens in there too, part of the TAS experience is acting like every pervert in the show that hoard around the models like white on rice.
Seeing that in person is creepy as hell. Real talk, I've never seen so many weird otaku pervs bust out the most expensive camera equipment that you've ever seen, at the drop of one of these girls standing next to a car.

Seriously, I didn't know if I should be laughing, feeling bad, or just trying to leave the scene.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Seeing that in person is creepy as hell. Real talk, I've never seen so many weird otaku pervs bust out the most expensive camera equipment that you've ever seen, at the drop of one of these girls standing next to a car.

Seriously, I didn't know if I should be laughing, feeling bad, or just trying to leave the scene.
Very true! I talked to Mike from DSPORT when we were walking around TAS. He said that sadly about 50% of the people who do come in, only do so for the girls. There are more people crowding around girls than they do crowding around the cars.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #25
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Check out my first post guys! I've updated my post on the bottom half. Thanks for reading! Plenty more to come! I'm editing 50gig's worth of pics at this time! And I've got some good videos!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #26
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy107 View Post
Very true! I talked to Mike from DSPORT when we were walking around TAS. He said that sadly about 50% of the people who do come in, only do so for the girls. There are more people crowding around girls than they do crowding around the cars.
I can believe this... Heck at HKS Premium race weekend, there were Race Queen mooks you could have bought, profiling the various girls.

CREEPY....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #27
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

Shit, they took pictures of ANY girls. If you were in TAS and you're a girl, theyll take a picture of you just for the hell of it. Lost track how many times I took a picture of my wife and somebody else was taking a picture of her...now that's being a fucking creepy creeper...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Shit, they took pictures of ANY girls. If you were in TAS and you're a girl, theyll take a picture of you just for the hell of it. Lost track how many times I took a picture of my wife and somebody else was taking a picture of her...now that's being a fucking creepy creeper...
In America, your asking to get your @$$ kicked.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
So I am going to subscribe to this and that way I will remember to read it this week when I am bored in school.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #30
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 21o3 View Post
So I am going to subscribe to this and that way I will remember to read it this week when I am bored in school.
lol, no problem yo. Leave me a post if you find it interesting or not. But tomorrow I will start on my second post separate from this one. Part 1 of my trip: Los Angeles, California