Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Post Research paper on Gun Control...ZILVIA ENGLISH MASTERMINDS UNITE!

yes, im writing a paper on gun control for school...I sincerly didnt think i was gonna be this overwhelmed with 3 classes, but i am, full time work and school isnt cake...

im asking for some help here... im 26 and never written a paper in my life, as sad as it sounds...any help is appreciated, sources and essay on the same subject, any thing... here is what i have so far... any help is appreciated.

Quote:
It is a given that in today’s society crime and death are at an all time high, from school shootings, to convenient store hold ups, to suicide, all relating back to fire arms. The public tends to turn the attention to a specific topic only in the rise of tragedy and forgets immediately the positives that can come from owning a weapon. With current firearm laws being a large subject matter and restrictions being applied due to the past months tragedies, the public is only fed concentrated amounts of negativity towards firearms and the dangers they present, neglecting all the good that it has brought to our communities, cities and states. Everyday, citizens are at risk to tragedy from the chamber of a gun, in the hands of an ill willed person, a crime that can be prevented and diffused if more righteous, legally gun carrying citizens were allowed to carry. Fire arms help everyday to promote trust in our society, promotes public safety, and reduce crime.
Allowing open carry would promote the trust that a state has in its upstanding citizens that dwell within its borders. The full focus on the restriction should not be placed on solely on the weapon, but evenly shared with the person applying to carry. Figures like teachers, who are trusted with the shaping of the young minds of the next generation should be given the right to carry. Many times have we seen tragedies in which a school shooting escaladed in hostage situation, wounded or even worst dead. Situations in Columbine Colorado, Newtown Connecticut , Bailey Colorado, Oak Creek Wisconsin and so on could have been stopped or casualties reduced if a teacher, principle, or teacher assistant was properly trained and carrying a firearm to diffuse the situation or reduce casualties. Store owners who work hard, pay their taxes, provide for their communities should be given the right to carry to protect not just themselves, but there investment, and the costumers they provide to on a daily basis.
On a any given day, armed police officers guard federal buildings, politicians, public officials, and celebrities. The public deserves the same rights, and the same level of security. The cost is high for the city to provide that kind of protection, so why not allow public building owners and its employees the right to arm themselves to protect their lives and the lives of the people within the walls of the establishments. In retrospect, the amount of money the states could collect from a fee to apply yearly on an open carry license could easily help boost the economy, if the person did not meet the requirements to have an open carry license, the fee would be non refundable. The Cities can promote trust to its people who meet the requirements by giving them an added responsibility, to protect not just themselves, but those around them. Comparatively, States that allow open carry to its citizens have lower crime rates than states that do not allow it.
When entering a Federal building, the level of security is reassuring, armed guards at the entrances give a sense of safety and security to anyone who comes near to the building, or in it. The public of any community deserves this level of security on a daily basis, from the supermarket to the bank, from the school their children reside to the recreational parks. An armed officer at a school in general gives students a comforting feeling that this is a safe place to be, the upcoming generations of kids is safe, giving parents a sense of relief to leave their child in the caring hands of the school. Open carry laws help promote safety in a public environment, keeping the streets safe. Open carry state have a lower theft rate, due to criminals re assessing the thought of committing a crime in which they themselves could be the one ending up with a gun shot wound. This could be considered a fear tactic, but one that is welcomed by the general public. Having the security that the chance of a mugging or theft, or even death, is greatly reduced knowing there neighbor, or they themselves, are armed and trained to respond to a situation that requires an armed presence. Presenting the public with the responsibility of being allowed to carry a fire arm lets the public know that their own government believes in the ability to make sound judgment calls and they themselves are trusted by the community to uphold the laws to a higher standard with the added reliance to own and carry a firearm publicly.
Reducing the level of crimes committed by armed gunmen is a crisis in every state, the difference in statistics comes whether states allow open carry or not. Taking into the account the Theater shooting in Aurora Colorado, where the armed assailant entered the premises and open fire to the public, causing 12 fatalities,
like i said, its incomplete and my first rough draft...due in 2 weeks...any help or real guidance would be appreciated...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I responded in the gun thread but this may make it easier for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
I can't respond to everything I'd like to through my phone but right off the bat I saw something incorrect. Your first line regarding gun crime being at an all time high is actually incorrect. Gun crime in actuality has been at a steady decrease since 1993, but mainstream media will try to tell you otherwise.
http://www.cato.org/publications/com...yths-realities
In fact violent crime in general has gone down.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...#disablemobile
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would say 60% of what you are saying is speculation, assumption, and opinion. Any good teacher would tear it apart asking for sources. Its not that those are bad, but it seems like you are presenting them as truth or absolute.

worst>worse

is>are

You also have a few comma splices.

I would take some of the longer sentences and set them up, then in the next sentence explain them further.

also, don't write like you talk. I worked in the academics department for a university and this is probably the number one thing professors hate. Read it back to yourself over and over and make sure it is something you would read to a class, not talk with your friends about.

also, a paper should be

P1 Thesis, then a sum of what you are going to talk about.

P2 3 topic sentences and 3 supporting sentences per topic.

P3 3 topic sentences and 3 supporting sentences per topic.

P4 3 topic sentences and 3 supporting sentences per topic.

P5 Conclusion with your thesis REWRITTEN (lol dont just copy paste) and sum up the paper showing how you detailed and explained everything in the first paragraph.

if you do an outline first it will help you 10000 times over and you will probably finish quicker.

Good luck. I say all of this as a friend. Criticism on the internet isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

School sucks lol but its worth it. I was working 50 hour weeks and took 60 units between two semesters and summer school to finish my degree early. (well not really early as i was 28 when I got it. haha)
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLove View Post
I would say 60% of what you are saying is speculation, assumption, and opinion. Any good teacher would tear it apart asking for sources. Its not that those are bad, but it seems like you are presenting them as truth or absolute.

worst>worse

is>are

You also have a few comma splices.

I would take some of the longer sentences and set them up, then in the next sentence explain them further.

also, don't write like you talk. I worked in the academics department for a university and this is probably the number one thing professors hate. Read it back to yourself over and over and make sure it is something you would read to a class, not talk with your friends about.

also, a paper should be

P1 Thesis, then a sum of what you are going to talk about.

P2 3 topic sentences and 3 supporting sentences per topic.

P3 3 topic sentences and 3 supporting sentences per topic.

P4 3 topic sentences and 3 supporting sentences per topic.

P5 Conclusion with your thesis REWRITTEN (lol dont just copy paste) and sum up the paper showing how you detailed and explained everything in the first paragraph.

if you do an outline first it will help you 10000 times over and you will probably finish quicker.

Good luck. I say all of this as a friend. Criticism on the internet isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

School sucks lol but its worth it. I was working 50 hour weeks and took 60 units between two semesters and summer school to finish my degree early. (well not really early as i was 28 when I got it. haha)

i appreciate the help, I know its not even good, its just a rough draft, I still havent gotten my sources together which is what this following week is for (time is against me) i will try and structure this better...

i figure i could continue with sources and plug in what coincides with some of what ive written and remove anything that isnt a fact...

like i said, 27 and never written one of these, i was just surprise i was able to even write anything 0_o

i have to work in MLA format and its 4 to 5 pages, im not one to just do minimum since i do want to learn it... so thank you for your help...

any ideas on how to search for info on the subject besides "google it" ? i need to find atleast 4 sources (database, journal, interview, or documentary)

and per teachers request have our thesis statement at the end of the paragragh...

Old 05-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #5
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

honestly, i would use wiki, not as the actual source but to start there and follow their sources. I have a few professor friends who swear by wiki for the beginning for all papers. typically it is true and sourced at the bottom of the page.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
My instructors would not read the paper after knowing Wiki was sourced. They would just return my paper and tell me to use a different source.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
ka-t
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ka-t is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
My instructors would not read the paper after knowing Wiki was sourced. They would just return my paper and tell me to use a different source.
Maybe you should read what he said again. Using wiki to get sources referenced at the bottom of the page , not using wiki to write a paper

reading>you
ka-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
high school or college? most high school teachers are idiots and when they even hear wiki they automatically toss it aside. although for good reason as most kids just use wiki and only wiki. lol
Old 05-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-t View Post
Maybe you should read what he said again. Using wiki to get sources referenced at the bottom of the page , not using wiki to write a paper

reading>you

Maybe you should read and see that I was reiterating Touge's central point about using Wiki for a source, rather than using it for a starting point for other cited sources.

Gj tho bro!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
high school or college? most high school teachers are idiots and when they even hear wiki they automatically toss it aside. although for good reason as most kids just use wiki and only wiki. lol

Both college and high school. I had to do a paper (college) on a specific disorder or disease, directly correlated from a genetic mutation. MLA format, 4 cited references, can not use the same reference more than 2 times, Wiki and WebMD were not allowed as sources.

Little sister is in HS and all of her papers had to follow a specific template (which is getting them ready for college style papers), and she was not allowed to use Wiki and some other source ( I can't remember what it was).
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
honestly, i would use wiki, not as the actual source but to start there and follow their sources. I have a few professor friends who swear by wiki for the beginning for all papers. typically it is true and sourced at the bottom of the page.
in other words use the sources that wiki used? sounds legit, i also figured id interview a local gun store owner for an interview source... 0_o

Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
in other words use the sources that wiki used? sounds legit, i also figured id interview a local gun store owner for an interview source... 0_o
What I used to do. Don't even read the WP article. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page and start reading sources.

Reason most papers are not allowed to use WP as a source is that it's considered a secondary source, not a primary. But, all the primary's are listed at the bottom.

As for the interview, That's a whole nother skill. Is it required or recommended for the paper? If not I wouldn't recommend it. This seems to be the standard Reference/Research paper. How well you can find and use reference sources to write your paper. Creating your own sources without bias is an assignment down the road.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you should read and see that I was reiterating Touge's central point about using Wiki for a source, rather than using it for a starting point for other cited sources.

Gj tho bro!

OP i will stress the importance of an outline on any paper. Get some topic sentences down and a good thesis and post it up. Ill check it out when you do.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #14
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Hope i helped....
I wrote my paper on gun control (8 pages/mla/6 sources) and this is how i found credible sources through google.Since you're writing about gun control google search this---- ---"gun control" site:.org-----. Instead of ".org" you can replace it with ".edu" or ".gov" This will limit all the fallacy's that you will encounter on gun sites and all the other b.s. sites. I'm assuming you have to have a counter argument. The site's you will find using this method have many counter view points. I also have a few books that i could recommend you to use. Also have you used "ProQuest" or "EBSCOhost??" I dont know if every college has it but it really really helps like a lot.
I dont know if this is more of an argument or a solution essay but narrow your topic down as much as possible.
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #15
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Lol...... You stated not using wiki but as a starting point for references....

My reply in short.... "If I used wiki in a paper, instructors would not accept it".... Which backs your original statement of not using wiki in a paper. I agreed using wiki as a starting point for references.

/facepalm

Touge...... Come on man, I expect this from an OV or s12 .... Not from you lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #16
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
How do you write a paper, and then get your sources together after?

"firearms" not "fire arms"
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
How do you write a paper, and then get your sources together after?

"firearms" not "fire arms"
I was wondering the same thing.

Dude, if you need to get on Zilvia of all places for help writing a 4-5pg paper on something as easy to find information on as gun control- then you're in for a rude awakening when/if you make it past 100-level courses.

Regardless of whether it's for an online or on-campus class- your syllabus and the assignment rubric & course policy should outline what kinds of sources you are allowed to use.

Do your own goddamned homework
Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Use a fucking library you moron.

Any University/College worth a damn gives you free access to research studies, peer reviewed papers, books, magazines and journals (all in digital format) that you would otherwise have to pay for.

My University professors did not accept websites as sources, PERIOD. It had to be a published source.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
What is this 'library' you speak of???

Next thing you'll prolly say is there is usually at least one in every town; and even more available online.

If only it were that easy...

Old 05-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #20
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Bookmark Google Scholar. A great tool for finding literature, , research papers, references, etc.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #21
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:

Any University/College worth a damn gives you free access to research studies, peer reviewed papers, books, magazines and journals (all in digital format) that you would otherwise have to pay for.

My University professors did not accept websites as sources, PERIOD. It had to be a published source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
What is this 'library' you speak of???

Next thing you'll prolly say is there is usually at least one in every town; and even more available online.

If only it were that easy...

i was just asking for some help, im not asking anyone to do the work for me, but after many yrs of being part of this forum and helping many others, i apologize for asking anything back... i see no point in going off n a rant since it would be useless...nonetheless if you dont have anything to contribute besides your negativity, stay out of this thread and enjoy your day...

i wish i had time, but working 2 jobs and going to school already takes my time, and any free time i do have im doing Hw for classes...so please dont assume im being lazy and that i dont know what a library is, im just press for time and asking for help

fuck i did rant...

Quote:

OP i will stress the importance of an outline on any paper. Get some topic sentences down and a good thesis and post it up. Ill check it out when you do.
your help is greatly appreciated, ill post up once i have something...thanks agian.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #22
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

it pains me to see so much negativity come out of someones mind. I don't want to know how horrible your life is that something like this can be produced. Especially at someone you dont even know who is simply asking for guidance.

Maybe he hasn't been to the library? There are less fortunate people who did not have a standard education. Not everyone is as privileged as you, up there on your pedestal and all.

I am assuming you went to college by the professor comment, but what I don't get is how someone who is educated can be so ignorant.

OP ignore the ignorance in here. You are better off posting in the premie section as there tends to be a higher level of respect for other members there. The general population just wants to shit on others and make themselves feel better. Hopefully they will get everything coming to them.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #23
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Fuck your shit, Eddie.

Some things to consider for your paper.

Interview some folks (casually) at the local gun range, specifically the owner.

Some really awesome up-and-coming things are 3d printed guns, which is actually pretty damn viable now.

DefenseDistributed came up with the first 3d gun, the Liberator. It's 'easy' to produce, and can fly under the radar in terms of ownership.

The project itself was done to 'fight back' against big Government trying to limit our 2nd Amendment Rights. Neat info to spice up your paper.

Also, "locally" there was bill (House Bill 972) that passed to allow college students to conceal carry on campus. It's been a welcomed law considering it's Texas but still, it's 'taboo' for the rest of the world looking in.

If you'd like me to proof read it and give suggestions on wording and such, shoot me an email man. I'd be more than happy to help in anyway possible.

[email protected]
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #24
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
it pains me to see so much negativity come out of someones mind. I don't want to know how horrible your life is that something like this can be produced. Especially at someone you dont even know who is simply asking for guidance.

Maybe he hasn't been to the library? There are less fortunate people who did not have a standard education. Not everyone is as privileged as you, up there on your pedestal and all.

I am assuming you went to college by the professor comment, but what I don't get is how someone who is educated can be so ignorant.

OP ignore the ignorance in here. You are better off posting in the premie section as there tends to be a higher level of respect for other members there. The general population just wants to shit on others and make themselves feel better. Hopefully they will get everything coming to them.
actually i havent been that fortunate, working to help the family and deciding to go back to school a decade after graduating has been difficult. please dont consider that im in need of puty either...im struggling but better late thab never... 5 semesters in a row in with no breaks has taken its toll as well...im in now way the sharpest blade, but im willing to learn... thank you and ill post it up in premie section

SochBAT ill email you as soon as i write more down...im at work right meow...

Old 05-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #25
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
i was just asking for some help, im not asking anyone to do the work for me, but after many yrs of being part of this forum and helping many others, i apologize for asking anything back... i see no point in going off n a rant since it would be useless...nonetheless if you dont have anything to contribute besides your negativity, stay out of this thread and enjoy your day...

i wish i had time, but working 2 jobs and going to school already takes my time, and any free time i do have im doing Hw for classes...so please dont assume im being lazy and that i dont know what a library is, im just press for time and asking for help

fuck i did rant...

your help is greatly appreciated, ill post up once i have something...thanks agian.
Listen pal,

No need to rant, I understand your stress completely- been there; still doing that...

I am 42, 4 children & no wife gutting my way thru school- it sucks. Ya know what sucks even more? 3 classes per semester on top of 7-day weeks, 14-hr days halfway around the world outside the wire getting fucking shot at all day for a year. And in that year, I STILL jumped on here & 3 other forums to help anyone I could solve their fucking car problems... and finished close to 30 sem hrs in the process- Welcome to my world.

Your shit is supposed to be in MLA format... there are MLA writing guides ALL OVER the web that will show you how to put your paper together... including your outline & drafts. Read your syllabus... ask your professor... Give him/her an advance copy of your rough draft & use his/her feedback to complete the final work.

My $.02 still stands- do your own homework... Come back when your rough draft (with references included) is ready for review and I will be happy to provide you with constructive criticism...

----------------------------------------

TougeLove, school is absolutely a grind & quite overwhelming when trying to juggle careers, family etc; but like you said... totally worth it in the end. My parents never prepared me for college. In return for what they never taught me, I bust my ass every day to ensure my kids will go to college right out of high school and not end up in the same boat I am when they are my age.

As far as your cute litte 'all this negativity' post- WTF do you expect when a guy gets on here asking for us to provide him with sources & stuff? Dude needs to figure it out for himself; in which case, he will be much better prepared for the next umpteen papers he is going to have to write between now & when he graduates.

If he had just said "Hey guys, I just put this draft together... Can anyone with some higher education under their belt maybe review it & give me some pointers?" It would be a different story. If any of my kids asked me to provide them with source material I would do nothing more than show and/or tell them how to get it for themselves... and how to think critically when scanning a source to ensure it supports the purpose of the paper; then keep nudging them in the right direction in the event they get discouraged.

No two ways about it- It SUUUUCKS..... However:

"Give a man a fish..."
Old 05-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Listen pal,

No need to rant, I understand your stress completely- been there; still doing that...

I am 42, 4 children & no wife gutting my way thru school- it sucks. Ya know what sucks even more? 3 classes per semester on top of 7-day weeks, 14-hr days halfway around the world outside the wire getting fucking shot at all day for a year. And in that year, I STILL jumped on here & 3 other forums to help anyone I could solve their fucking car problems... and finished close to 30 sem hrs in the process- Welcome to my world.

Your shit is supposed to be in MLA format... there are MLA writing guides ALL OVER the web that will show you how to put your paper together... including your outline & drafts. Read your syllabus... ask your professor... Give him/her an advance copy of your rough draft & use his/her feedback to complete the final work.

My $.02 still stands- do your own homework... Come back when your rough draft (with references included) is ready for review and I will be happy to provide you with constructive criticism...

----------------------------------------

TougeLove, school is absolutely a grind & quite overwhelming when trying to juggle careers, family etc; but like you said... totally worth it in the end. My parents never prepared me for college. In return for what they never taught me, I bust my ass every day to ensure my kids will go to college right out of high school and not end up in the same boat I am when they are my age.

As far as your cute litte 'all this negativity' post- WTF do you expect when a guy gets on here asking for us to provide him with sources & stuff? Dude needs to figure it out for himself; in which case, he will be much better prepared for the next umpteen papers he is going to have to write between now & when he graduates.

If he had just said "Hey guys, I just put this draft together... Can anyone with some higher education under their belt maybe review it & give me some pointers?" It would be a different story. If any of my kids asked me to provide them with source material I would do nothing more than show and/or tell them how to get it for themselves... and how to think critically when scanning a source to ensure it supports the purpose of the paper; then keep nudging them in the right direction in the event they get discouraged.

No two ways about it- It SUUUUCKS..... However:

"Give a man a fish..."
i agree, i was just hoping we were all smart/nice enough to know if the guy was in HERE asking for help he probably doesn't know the [correct] way to go about it.

here are some scissors, lets cut him some slack.