Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

View Poll Results: Voting Donald Trump for president?
Trump will get my support. 144 38.92%
Trump will not get my support. 226 61.08%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #61
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
The student debt issue is a fucking disgrace for this country. You mock the "every other country" thing, but people say that for a reason. The united states is a fucking joke for raping the futures of the current generation to make money now. People act like having education paid for is some crazy idea and the same people don't bat an eye at paying for a new stealth fighter that costs 180 million for EACH JET that performs WORSE than the planes that we already have.

This tells me you are out of touch with reality.

First. Your standard of living is 100% based on the amount of resources you consume. Quality of life is directly corollated to energy. We consume some insane amount of global resources - you need a military to do that. Life sucks, get over it.

Education. You are correct. We spend stupid money on it, both pre and post high school.

Want college tuition to become reasonable? End student loans. Universities make upwards of 50% profit. You know what automakers make? Around 6%.

It's amazing tuition keeps going up, so we up the lending limits then tuition goes up again.

If you couldn't borrow $30k a year, you couldn't go to school. If you can't go to school... Then school either goes out of business or lowers its rate.

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/ne...-for-tr/nSGkK/

"Public" School where the president makes 7 million a year, has a provided mansion and a million dollar office.

That's where your $135 million a year tuition is going.

Even the lower public schools. Why the big push for more teachers? Kids are getting worse and dumber. You talk about education overseas, maybe we should be like China? 8th grade is an auditorium with 100 kids and a teacher lecturing them. Bet they'd learn more than having 1 teacher to 14 kids playing best friend / surrogate parent.

I'm all for doing thing different and putting some logic into broken processes. "Throw Money at it" is never a solution.

Bitches need to do some Lean Six Sigma training.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #62
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
gearhead55

i absolutely agree with you that our military spending is out of control. we spend more than any other country in the world. the united states military spending is literally comparable to the rest of the entire worlds military spending, combined. however, we need to cut spending across the board not just move it to another area of the government.

and on tuition free universities...

it would cost a bit of money, but not compared to military as you pointed out. and sort of what corbic said lol. maybe im just wrong in thinking that going to college isnt a guaranteed right.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #63
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

First. Your standard of living is 100% based on the amount of resources you consume. Quality of life is directly corollated to energy. We consume some insane amount of global resources - you need a military to do that. Life sucks, get over it.

Education. You are correct. We spend stupid money on it, both pre and post high school.

Want college tuition to become reasonable? End student loans. Universities make upwards of 50% profit. You know what automakers make? Around 6%.

It's amazing tuition keeps going up, so we up the lending limits then tuition goes up again.

If you couldn't borrow $30k a year, you couldn't go to school. If you can't go to school... Then school either goes out of business or lowers its rate.

"Public" School where the president makes 7 million a year, has a provided mansion and a million dollar office.

Even the lower public schools. Why the big push for more teachers? Kids are getting worse and dumber. You talk about education overseas, maybe we should be like China? 8th grade is an auditorium with 100 kids and a teacher lecturing them. Bet they'd learn more than having 1 teacher to 14 kids playing best friend / surrogate parent.

I'm all for doing thing different and putting some logic into broken processes. "Throw Money at it" is never a solution.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against a large military at all. I completely understand the need for a large military, but there is no way that you can say that the amount we spend on it makes any sense. We spend more than the next sixteen countries COMBINED. It makes no sense to spend 1.5 TRILLION dollars over the life of the jet on a plane that performs WORSE than what already exists. There is examples like that all throughout the military because of the way the system is set up. You say yourself that "throw money at is" is never a solution, yet thats exactly what we do with military spending all day long.

http://www.rickety.us/2011/06/2010-d...ng-by-country/

I agree that the higher education system is a mess. Your example of the OSU president makes me sick.

And TMW, I don't think college is a guaranteed right either, but I don't think it should bankrupt a kid with student loan debt right out of the starting gate.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #64
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I am not against a large military at all. I completely understand the need for a large military, but there is no way that you can say that the amount we spend on it makes any sense. We spend more than the next sixteen countries COMBINED. It makes no sense to spend 1.5 TRILLION dollars over the life of the jet on a plane that performs WORSE than what already exists. There is examples like that all throughout the military because of the way the system is set up. You say yourself that "throw money at is" is never a solution, yet thats exactly what we do with military spending all day long.

http://www.rickety.us/2011/06/2010-d...ng-by-country/

I agree that the higher education system is a mess. Your example of the OSU president makes me sick.

And TMW, I don't think college is a guaranteed right either, but I don't think it should bankrupt a kid with student loan debt right out of the starting gate.

Don't get lost in the JSF debacle.

It's a garbage program, everyone knows it. It's like having a project car - "you have a crap ton of money it it, you now regret it... But just another $500 will fix everything and make it all worth it.... I hope"

You also can't compare our military spending to others.

European countries rely on the US and are unable to project power. France and NATO actually ran out of missiles bombing Libya.

Countries like China, North Korea and Russian tend to have very low dollar value for human life. They army about to spend billions on MRAPs or other equipment to save a few lives.

You see this all the time in tactics and equipment other people use. No shits given to survivability or crew comfort. This is why we steam roll these assholes.

The US also has no stomach for body bags. So if I said "we can cut defense spending by 75%, but we'd have 35k killed in action during Iraq", would you support that?

$806 billion / 75% = $200 billion

Thats $20million a life.

Is it worth it?
Old 11-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #65
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
deleted........

@lees_garage

Last edited by Lees_Garage; 09-08-2017 at 10:45 PM..
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #66
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it really bothers me that the font is'nt at the bottom of the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #67
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
America is pimps

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNzBPgnwcY
Old 11-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #68
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
The US also has no stomach for body bags. So if I said "we can cut defense spending by 75%, but we'd have 35k killed in action during Iraq", would you support that?

$806 billion / 75% = $200 billion

Thats $20million a life.

Is it worth it?
I agree with pretty much all that. I'm saying it could be scaled back immensely and still serve the purpose we need it to.

As for the cut spending by 75% but have 35k casualty question, I would not support that. BUT I wouldn't support cutting spending that much anyway. In my mind a 25% cut would be a severe.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:30 PM   #69
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

TMW is a well-known jackass
well, the military needs to be cut back significantly. and we never should've been in iraq and we shouldn't be sending troops anywhere now either.

the fact that the united states hasn't been in a "war" since world war ii yet we keep sending troops places is terrible.

a great video from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6hbjOOxOl0
Old 11-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #70
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cutting spending on education is a loser. Politicians want to remain in office and anything a president wants to do regarding fixing the system will likely be shot down in Congress.

Cuts in the defense budget are considered a weakness due to the association of patriotism with global American police presence. Due to the degree by which global trade is interconnected, the likelihood of major war is extremely low. Most of our wars have been offensive, not defensive, and that means stratospheric costs of deployment and continued supply. If we were to take what we know, retract our tendrils and shut down most, if not all, foreign bases, and just act like a porcupine, no one would screw with us. Would we have to pay more for goods because we're no longer strong-arming governments or providing them with a "free" protector? Yes, but the savings in defense spending would likely make it a net zero.

We need to reform the entire political process of the United States, as we're currently operating a system designed for a population of 3 million, not 300+ million. It's fairly difficult to have a representative democratic republic when the representatives speak for so many and are so unduly influenced by unions and other employee blocs.

The President is a figurehead, one who should exude competence and logic- we have no one in the running who can claim to do such a thing.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #71
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Cutting spending on education is a loser. Politicians want to remain in office and anything a president wants to do regarding fixing the system will likely be shot down in Congress.

Cuts in the defense budget are considered a weakness due to the association of patriotism with global American police presence. Due to the degree by which global trade is interconnected, the likelihood of major war is extremely low. Most of our wars have been offensive, not defensive, and that means stratospheric costs of deployment and continued supply. If we were to take what we know, retract our tendrils and shut down most, if not all, foreign bases, and just act like a porcupine, no one would screw with us. Would we have to pay more for goods because we're no longer strong-arming governments or providing them with a "free" protector? Yes, but the savings in defense spending would likely make it a net zero.

We need to reform the entire political process of the United States, as we're currently operating a system designed for a population of 3 million, not 300+ million. It's fairly difficult to have a representative democratic republic when the representatives speak for so many and are so unduly influenced by unions and other employee blocs.

The President is a figurehead, one who should exude competence and logic- we have no one in the running who can claim to do such a thing.

Is this the political evaluation that was published in the People's Daily last month?
Old 11-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #72
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
The reason america's military setup is idiodic, has nothing to do with the amount or really any economic shit, it has a lot to do with how we use are military. It is a complete disregard for all clauswitzian philosophy. You only go to war if you're attacked or have something to gain. War isn't about good or evil or even "freedom". war is about taking shit from others, and it has been since God gave it as a gift to mankind to free him from life and material concern. If they wan't to have a big military budget, they should use the military to invade, pillage, and annex other nations. We should have killed or enslaved everyone in the middle east and took all of their shit if we wanted an effective war strategy, thats what the romans would have done.
They in no way make an effort to be at all prussian in their military methods, and that is the root of the issue.
If they aren't going to attack anybody then they really need to cut the military, as no one is going to invade across the ocean any way, let alone a country of gun owners (the midwest)
either way I'm not voting until they liberate east prussia

on a more serious note, Vladmir Putin for prez
He's so boss

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:37 PM   #73
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Keep in mind that there's a lot of world gears turning you dont see, the need for a military is vital but some operations may not be and other operations should be.

Regardless, we need someone that isnt on their agenda but on our agenda

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 11-10-2015 at 07:13 PM..
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #74
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Is this the political evaluation that was published in the People's Daily last month?
I actually looked that up, seeing if it was a thing. It's apparently a Chinese newspaper published by the Communist party.

The US would be a stronger, more cohesive country if it stuck to a lot of what the Founders wanted. It would also be a stronger, more cohesive country if it adapted a lot of what the Founders wanted to modern times. 104 times the population, plus more heterogeneous composition, leads to problems they just plain didn't anticipate.

China doesn't have the economic power it once did- it's on the ropes just like everyone else, waiting for an implosion brought on by speculation and the printing press.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #75
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
I voted for "Trump will get my support", but it all depends who he is running against.

I find him to be the most qualified person to grow the economy, but that isn't everything.

At the end of the day, i don't feel it really makes a difference who becomes president. One will save you on some taxes, another will cost you. Unforeseen circumstances will come up and they will do what they can to keep people happy, but at the end of the day the difference is negligible for the most part.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #76
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well said Silverbullet!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #77
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
The reason america's military setup is idiodic, has nothing to do with the amount or really any economic shit, it has a lot to do with how we use are military. It is a complete disregard for all clauswitzian philosophy. You only go to war if you're attacked or have something to gain. War isn't about good or evil or even "freedom". war is about taking shit from others, and it has been since God gave it as a gift to mankind to free him from life and material concern. If they wan't to have a big military budget, they should use the military to invade, pillage, and annex other nations. We should have killed or enslaved everyone in the middle east and took all of their shit if we wanted an effective war strategy, thats what the romans would have done.
They in no way make an effort to be at all prussian in their military methods, and that is the root of the issue.
If they aren't going to attack anybody then they really need to cut the military, as no one is going to invade across the ocean any way, let alone a country of gun owners (the midwest)
either way I'm not voting until they liberate east prussia

on a more serious note, Vladmir Putin for prez
He's so boss
Spoken like a 19 year old history buff. We aren't Rome, you aren't a military commander, and humans SHOULD and CAN act like adults in this day and age. Jesus, grow up (or be joking)...

(Please be joking)
Old 11-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #78
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Spoken like a 19 year old history buff. We aren't Rome, you aren't a military commander, and humans SHOULD and CAN act like adults in this day and age. Jesus, grow up (or be joking)...

(Please be joking)
That's bullshit dude, the reason man got where he is today is through the methods I mentioned, Western civilization is dying and the world is slowly devolving into status quo. No, presidential candidate is going to change that.
The real inherent problems of our society aren't going to be solved by mere electoral process, they have become endemic to the world as a whole.
There was a time when everyone was proud to part of western civilization and the ideology of independent personal responsibility. Now that everyone is the descendants of a world tainted by social justice bullshit and a Confucian accept everything ideology, the world is going to accomplish a lot less than what it had previously. There isn't going to be any titanic achievements from simple electoral process, because all politicians are is servants of their own simple interest's. This country would benefit from a more autocratic setup, and it sickens me that all of my hard work for the rest of my life is going to get taxed to pay for lazy people I would want dead. But I digress, don't take politics to seriously, because it rarely will produce the result you want.

I'm not voting so don't worry
Old 11-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #79
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Voting is exactly like being Instagram famous.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #80
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:

I agree with a lot that you have said in this paragraph.

As someone who has no idea on politics, how does one get involved?
How does the common man or anyone whose major is not politics get involved with making our country better?
I dont think that just voting for a president is enough. What about all those other congressmen and other government people we have to vote for?

I am a firm believer in reallocation of public funds as it is not working out really anywhere in our country. Here in Philadelphia we went from 7% sales tax (compared to 6% in the rural areas at that time) to 8% in 2009 or 2010, and now they are proposing 9% sales tax. Our public schools have no money even though they have very high gas, cigarettes, sales tax, property tax, and a bunch of other shit that I don't know about because I don't pay it yet. Somehow we do not have money.

I am a firm believer in the idea of having a higher emphasis on school, especially with the auditorium classroom idea.
I don't learn jack shit when I'm in a class with like 15 other people and the teacher tells us to memorize certain things or spoon feeds us. I have only learned things in great detail when the teacher makes an effort to properly teach and not just mention material in class to say that "this material was covered in class"

I think there is some program/competition where they are trying to redesign high school.

I'm off on a tangent.

There really is no one worthy to vote for. Everyone is such a slimy scumbag its ridiculous. such is politics
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #81
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post

I am a firm believer in the idea of having a higher emphasis on school, especially with the auditorium classroom idea.
I don't learn jack shit when I'm in a class with like 15 other people and the teacher tells us to memorize certain things or spoon feeds us. I have only learned things in great detail when the teacher makes an effort to properly teach and not just mention material in class to say that "this material was covered in class"

I think there is some program/competition where they are trying to redesign high school.
Quote:

100 ppl class room vs 14 ppl class room and success. Is that a correlation or a causation?

You can put Chinese students in a 500 person auditorium or a 5 person class room, it dosn't make much of a difference. The difference is the motivation and drive. Chinese students (and other foreign countries for that matter) are in cut-throat competition. In China, the students are placed into grade schools based on performance. The students want to succeed.

We can change the class room size all we want, and we may see some marginal differences, but at the end of the day, if the student dosn't care, the performance reflects it. It comes down to what the parents are exposing to the kids.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:50 PM   #82
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
100 ppl class room vs 14 ppl class room and success. Is that a correlation or a causation?

You can put Chinese students in a 500 person auditorium or a 5 person class room, it dosn't make much of a difference. The difference is the motivation and drive. Chinese students (and other foreign countries for that matter) are in cut-throat competition. In China, the students are placed into grade schools based on performance. The students want to succeed.

We can change the class room size all we want, and we may see some marginal differences, but at the end of the day, if the student dosn't care, the performance reflects it. It comes down to what the parents are exposing to the kids.

It's actually very important.

In China, your success is SEEN as dependent on YOU. Your teacher doesn't care. You fail, you go back to the farm.

In the US, your success (ironically) is SEEN as dependent on YOUR Environment. You went to a poor school, lived in a crappy neighborhood, had rich parents, are white or not white.

People then blame others, it's Obama's fault, it's institutional racism, it's the Republicans, it's crappy teachers, it's high taxes.

It's never YOUR fault for not being smart or successful. How can it be? You are all individual special snow flakes you just need the world around you to give you the right elements to succeed! It's the worlds fault for not giving you those things!

Make no mistake, life is just as cut throat and competitive in America as it is in China. We're just racing on horses while they have to run on hot-coals.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #83
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
It's actually very important.

In China, your success is SEEN as dependent on YOU. Your teacher doesn't care. You fail, you go back to the farm.

In the US, your success (ironically) is SEEN as dependent on YOUR Environment. You went to a poor school, lived in a crappy neighborhood, had rich parents, are white or not white.

People then blame others, it's Obama's fault, it's institutional racism, it's the Republicans, it's crappy teachers, it's high taxes.

It's never YOUR fault for not being smart or successful. How can it be? You are all individual special snow flakes you just need the world around you to give you the right elements to succeed! It's the worlds fault for not giving you those things!

Make no mistake, life is just as cut throat and competitive in America as it is in China. We're just racing on horses while they have to run on hot-coals.

Best post ive read in a while. Plus infinite rep.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #84
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
My gf is a teacher at a city school I've come to see most of the children that do well in school and have a "want" to learn come from families where both parents are still together. Seems to be most of the kids from families where one of the parents are not present, lack the desire to do well in school and learn. I don't think it has anything to do with the color of your skin, or wealth. The kids that don't have a lot of money are getting the same education as the kids whose parents have more money.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #85
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Lack of parenting and discipline is the root of this whole entitlement wave.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #86
PignoseWulfman

Trader Rating: (0)
PignoseWulfman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd like to system of government where money cannot sway a vote. I have a voice, I lend thatvoice to a congressman, but just before the vote a lobbyist sneaks in an envelope of cash and suddenly my voice is SHIT!

I studied civics in high school and in college (albeit briefly) and I've no idea how lobbying is legal.

Also, trace the decline of our country in general to the politicians who have held senate and representative seats for decades. It makes me raise an eyebrow. I identify primarily as a libertarian. I see good on both sides of the fence and I firmly believe that a lot of people vote for the familiar face and give two shits about where those individuals stand on key issues. Apply term limits and get some fresh faces in office so we can make some damn progress.
PignoseWulfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #87
nixtr

nixtr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
he had bankrupted his businesses and exploited loopholes in the tax laws, how anyone can consider him to be a viable candidate is beyond me.
He does seem racist. BUT, what I do like about him is that he is a business man. Maybe he will approach problems differently. (maybe) The reason I bring this up is because I do not mind him filing for bankruptcy or his companies doing the same. I am sure it was a business decision which ended in his favor. I wouldnt mind someone who is more money focused rather than politics focused.
nixtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:47 PM   #88
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PignoseWulfman View Post
I'd like to system of government where money cannot sway a vote. .
They have one of those it's called a dictatorship/ paternal autocracy.
Think of what we could accomplish with one, we could get rid all of the lazy people through force, revitalize the economy by declaring war on a bunch of people for no reason, stop the downfall of western civilization, eliminate any form of welfare or social programs,stop the rising tide of dumb millennial entitlement, quell the flames of world hedonism, and in the long run, enable me to have free sandwiches because reasons.

World conquest should be our goal, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. You call yourselves western males? I bet none of you have even read the Iliad. How can you even act like your a western male without having done so.

Think about it you guys, complete world hegemony, living means something, instead of being pointless and waiting to fill unnecessary voids, no more dealing with un-charismatic political stooges. It would be so evil and rationally efficient . muhahaha

It's not gonna happen because people have been indoctrinated to avoid it, and or want free stuff, but it's something to think about while you're watching debates and trying to figure out which canidates suck less.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #89
PignoseWulfman

PignoseWulfman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
,stop the rising tide of dumb millennial entitlement,
I'm all for this shit. No more participation trophies. You won't get one when you're fired from McDonald's. Life is ruthless and we should stop telling children otherwise.
PignoseWulfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #90
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'd like to system of government where money cannot sway a vote. I have a voice, I lend thatvoice to a congressman, but just before the vote a lobbyist sneaks in an envelope of cash and suddenly my voice is SHIT!

I studied civics in high school and in college (albeit briefly) and I've no idea how lobbying is legal.
Because lobbying does not work that way.

Quote:
Also, trace the decline of our country in general to the politicians who have held senate and representative seats for decades. It makes me raise an eyebrow. I identify primarily as a libertarian. I see good on both sides of the fence and I firmly believe that a lot of people vote for the familiar face and give two shits about where those individuals stand on key issues. Apply term limits and get some fresh faces in office so we can make some damn progress.

A coworker once made the observation that the rise of the nanny state coincided with the right for women to vote.

Sudden "think of the children" became a motto and the first thing they did was ban drugs, gambling and alcohol.

People cote based solely on their own selfish needs.

Romney was absolutely right in this video, yet ironical it caused out rage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2gvY2wqI7M

This is why politicians can't be frank about our society.