Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2020, 09:19 AM   #1
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
240sx rear hatch hinges

Hey guys,

Its been a long time since I've posted on here. Hopefully you guys can direct me in the right direction. I recently got back into the Nissan game and purchased a 93 Nissan 240sx hatchback. I've converted almost everything to type x so i am excited to share it with you guys soon. I am in a little bit of a dilemma at the moment. One of the rear hatch hinges broke on me and i cant seem to find the replacement part anywhere. The part number is 90400-D5501 and shows discontinued everywhere. So 2 questions, one, are there other hinges compatible to be used with a 240sx? I saw hinges for a 350z/370z that looks identical to what the 240sx look like but I'm not sure from a sizing stand point that it would work. and two, does anyone have this part i can purchase or know where i can go to purchase. Thank you in advanced and any help is greatly appreciated it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
dude. welcome back, first of all, but i'd just get a replacement from a junkyard or from someone parting out a car.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Welcome back...been along time. Part out or junkyard..post in wtb section
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #4
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
dude. welcome back, first of all, but i'd just get a replacement from a junkyard or from someone parting out a car.
Thanks dude, feels good to be back in the Nissan game. I need to figure out how to post pictures on here as well so i can share the car with you guys. I've been out of the forum game for way to long lol

and i posted ISO/WTB on some local 240sx marketplace's on Facebook to see if anyone has any from part outs but no answer yet. Sucks because i can't open my trunk since I'm afraid to snap the other hinge since all the pressure is on that side and my trunk is sitting a little crooked. I was able to at least get the trunk shut and i haven't touched it since until i find the part i need.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKsamuraiS14 View Post
Thanks dude, feels good to be back in the Nissan game. I need to figure out how to post pictures on here as well so i can share the car with you guys. I've been out of the forum game for way to long lol

and i posted ISO/WTB on some local 240sx marketplace's on Facebook to see if anyone has any from part outs but no answer yet. Sucks because i can't open my trunk since I'm afraid to snap the other hinge since all the pressure is on that side and my trunk is sitting a little crooked. I was able to at least get the trunk shut and i haven't touched it since until i find the part i need.
tapatalk app works, but its clunky and you can only upload one photo at a time, unless you pay for the upgraded version. I've had some success hosting photos on FB but eventually all the links stopped working.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote