Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #31
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
It's hypocritical that you're telling someone to stop trying to be a badass, don't you think?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #32
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
It's hypocritical that you're telling someone to stop trying to be a badass, don't you think?
Not at all. This is a lighting based thread focused on lighting. It just so happens that our resident member Mike Mamos is a professional in this field of work.

For you to come out of left field and talk about "nut swinging" is completely unnecessary. Anyone who has taken a basic college level course in psychology will see that you are seeking attention. And I admit, I'm enabling it at the moment.

No need to further this discussion. You can if you want to, but I won't be.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #33
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Again, your nut swinging was not relevant to the thread. Unless you were posting that you pm'd him with a link to this thread to bring it to his attention quicker, anything you say in regards to him has no value.

I'm done as well as you clearly aren't going to look at this any other way than "he insulted me and I'm offended, but I'm not wrong."
Old 06-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #34
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
VIRTUAL PENIS

Mine is bigger.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #35
Arireese
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
Arireese is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anyone have fog lights in the type x turn signals? let me seee
Arireese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Why don't you guys swing off his nuts a little harder there...
haha - he's absolutely right. i was like "wow, another lighting thread and in post #3 they mention clearcorners again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
And why dont you shut the fuck up and stop getting butt hurt in every thread around here? Nobodys swinging on nobodys nuts. Mike knows his shit, and does phenomenal job on his shit. I've seen some of the stuff that came out of his shop first hand, you cant even tell its not fucking OEM. As much as an asshole he can be, he's one of the more respected members in here.
you guys realize there are 2 mikes, right? my name is mike, but i work at the AT&T store - i sell cell phone service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
So clearcorners.com doesn't have any options for pop up other then the low pro hids?
i dont think it matters, i dont think anyone buys his shit anyway - too expensive! fuckin ripoff
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #37
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
lol.....great stuff here.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #38
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Thread delivers the poo.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #39
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bahahahahahah!
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #40
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Thread delivers the poo.
haha like dave chappelle says, i'm just a N***A who loves titties
Old 06-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #41
mikeys13
Leaky Injector

mikeys13 is an unknown quantity at this point
my names mike
mikeys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #42
TomShanK
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
TomShanK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
this thread crashed and burned with some serious potential, dang.
TomShanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #43
memphis180sx
BANNED

memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
hell they both argue all the time lol but just close this thread and be done with it. It was a good idea until the 1st page.
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #44
Kenzo
Leaky Injector

Kenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Mike number 3 checking in... maybe this should be a Mike related thread since there is more talk about Mikes than lights.
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #45
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Might be off topic since its not concerning mike, but what's the bulb sizes that work for side markers on s13. Front ones. Is it a normal wedge type bulb? Like the ones that go in cluster.
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #46
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHybridx View Post
Might be off topic since its not concerning mike, but what's the bulb sizes that work for side markers on s13. Front ones. Is it a normal wedge type bulb? Like the ones that go in cluster.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-smal...w-threads.html
Old 07-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #47
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Here to ruin the thread.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #48
TomShanK
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
TomShanK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Here is something Mike shared with me this past week regarding comparing different options. It has helped me choose which lights I will be going with and served as an excellent information source, despite a little bias here or there.

The Good, The Blue, & The Ugly
ClearCorners.Com > Tech Info > Halogen Bulb Shootout: The Good, the Blue, and the UGLY (Page 1/5)
TomShanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #49
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
talking about clear corners... i wish mike would offer the "local only" hid popups to other than local customers, i have my headlights in a fixed position (as in no popup motors) and would love to have better lighting...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #50
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Here to ruin the thread.
im all for this.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #51
aznfab213
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (55)
aznfab213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Just get some hella ecodes or cibie housings. You can either put in some good quality halogen bulbs or just put HIDs!!! Honestly who cares! It is your car and your problem. If you want to be super sexy and risk getting a ticket or someone coming out with a baseball bat and beating on your car, then so be it! If you want to do everything super legit then get a retrofit! We can all talk all day about lights but this is what it comes down to. Everyone has their own opinion on what is right or wrong. This thread is pretty much pointless in my opinion.
aznfab213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #52
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Here to ruin the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznfab213 View Post
Honestly who cares! It is your car and your problem.
yeah, dont mind that your POS hid kit is blinding everyone on the road.

Last edited by WERDdabuilder; 07-03-2012 at 02:40 AM..
WERDdabuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #53
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
59bhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I'm not trying to be a badass. I'm simply saying what I see.
wow thats something ive never seen before,

someone who tells it like it is on the internet
59bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #54
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
talking about clear corners... i wish mike would offer the "local only" hid popups to other than local customers, i have my headlights in a fixed position (as in no popup motors) and would love to have better lighting...
if i am understanding you correctly

you either have your headlights flush mounted (Z32-style) or you have them raised and locked, for a reason that I cant seem to understand.

our cars came with raised headlights for a reason, it lifts the light to a reasonable height allowing good output. If you're stuck pop-up, then install some e-code lights and be done with it. hella is the low-cost solution, cibie is the fancier solution.

if you are running a flush headlight setup, then you're fucked. flush headlights are fucked in every aspect, none of which i want to discuss. i had this discussion briefly with jizzer-jordan-innovisions with his FD.... and to me, flush headlights pose a lot more problems than people care to think about - but they eventually find out, the hard way.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #55
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if i am understanding you correctly

you either have your headlights flush mounted (Z32-style) or you have them raised and locked, for a reason that I cant seem to understand.

our cars came with raised headlights for a reason, it lifts the light to a reasonable height allowing good output. If you're stuck pop-up, then install some e-code lights and be done with it. hella is the low-cost solution, cibie is the fancier solution.

if you are running a flush headlight setup, then you're fucked. flush headlights are fucked in every aspect, none of which i want to discuss. i had this discussion briefly with jizzer-jordan-innovisions with his FD.... and to me, flush headlights pose a lot more problems than people care to think about - but they eventually find out, the hard way.
Sorry for not explaining correctly, i have regular stock popups not those weird looking flush kits. I just don't have the headlight retractor installed, the headlights are fixed open or at any height i decide manually... I've always like the dual projector for dedicated low and high, but most of the online kits offer no image of the output... i've seen your work around the forum would have been nice to save up and afford some quality lighting instead of crap.

Do you recommend using Hids on the Cibies? or staying halogen for that type of housing?
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #56
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
Do you recommend using Hids on the Cibies? or staying halogen for that type of housing?
Bro, read his website. You will understand that using HID's in a housing designed for Halogens will never be condoned by him. Thats why retrofitting projectors, which are designed for HID's, is so important (if you want it done RIGHT).
Old 07-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #57
ixfxi
Post Whore!

^^^ haha this guy is smart. seriously. i was losing faith in humanity but you just stepped it up a notch.

to clarify though, there are reflector headlights that are xenon (03-05 g35 coupe for example).... but typically, most projectors tend to perform a better (subjective though)

bottom line, if you want good headlights all you need are: 2 good headlights.

i often wonder if people here are stupid or what. this forum has been around FOREVER, people have bought countless amounts of e-code lights over the years. anyone care to chime in and discuss how much happier they were after installing an e-code headlight?

ok, thats enough time-wasting on the forum this morning. time go to to work or else AT&T will fire me. gotta slang them cell phones.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #58
ixfxi
Post Whore!

.................nevermind

Last edited by ixfxi; 07-03-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #59
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mikeyee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can I play too?

not so much clear corners style, but more of the japanese way of doing LEDs.
ie: »ì‰æ‘œ
mikeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #60
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Nice try but she only uses them at shows. Don't be a douchebag. I don't think I have ever heard of someone getting blinded by overly bright fog lights, moron.
I get blinded by that bullshit almost daily.