Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #91
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
g_mac530 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g_mac530
Yea I'm definitely going to wait until I get a real alignment before I review the coils. But I'm positive they need tweaking. When I took the car on the highway, I went over a dip and almost flew out of my seat

Last edited by g_mac530; 05-04-2011 at 10:38 AM..
g_mac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #92
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've had my fortunes on my car for about a year now and they are just amazing.

Mine are 12k front and 10k rear."they didn't want to sell me those rates at first when I told them it was my dd haha."

I had them revalve the dampeners for these spring rates and drift use.

All the collars on the front are removed and the lower bracket is flipped. All the collars on the rear are removed and the mount is spun all the way up to the rear spring.

I have 1/4 of clearance from my front subframe to the ground.

Even with my spring rates these things ride very smooth on the street, not bouncy at all. They are amazing out on The track. I run my front dampeners at 8 on the street, 16 on track. Rears are always at full soft.

the only thing I'm worried about is how to make them go lower when I go up to 18's...

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #93
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

the only thing I'm worried about is how to make them go lower when I go up to 18's...
Swift Springs are your friend.

Thanks for adding to the review!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #94
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Swift Springs are your friend.

Thanks for adding to the review!
No problem haha.

Would 12k 10k swift springs be shorter? That may be what ill have to do haha.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #95
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
No problem haha.

Would 12k 10k swift springs be shorter? That may be what ill have to do haha.
They have both rates in 6" lengths. I'm guessing yours are quite a bit longer than that?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #96
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I'll have to go out and measure them tomorrow, I dont remember. Someone said their 10k fronts were longer than the normal 8's, idk if the 12's are even longer than that.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #97
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I was just wondering if any of you guys had problems with the damper adjuster. Mine seems to be very sluggish and there is almost no distinct "click". Wondering if that was normal for these Fortunes.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #98
harangatang
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
harangatang can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Koop's help and this thread made me put a down payment on some from Lust Garage's GB that ended today.

FA 500 series, Swift springs 7'' f/r, 9k/7k, FA rear helper springs.
Time to say bye-bye to my Stance Gr+pros!
Hopefully they'll be as comfortable as everyone's been saying, specially on the swift springs

harangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #99
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
I was just wondering if any of you guys had problems with the damper adjuster. Mine seems to be very sluggish and there is almost no distinct "click". Wondering if that was normal for these Fortunes.
I have the same problem with mine. Sometimes it will click, other times it wont. I have to kinda guess how many clicks i've gone.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #100
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Hmmmm, if I try and turn mine fast I can't feel it, but if you turn them really slow I can definitely feel a distinct click. Although, sometimes I have to twist it back and fourth a few times to get it to click.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #101
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

lol alright. i'm glad I'm not the only one. My friend's TEIN Flex clicks like no other. I was just a little worried. After driving on them a little longer, I
will report. 8kg/6kg spring rate on s14.

Last edited by iamtheyi; 05-04-2011 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #102
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mine dont click either i just count the rotations.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #103
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Mine don't click at all. I have to kind f feel for it. It's kind of tough, I was trying to listen for a more distinct click but oh well.

I def have the softest springs here with 7k,6k f/r. Will upgrade to swift springs for sure with some better rates. However they ride fantastic. I just got my car aligned today and even with stock arms I'm pretty low. Have like no gap in the front and maybe half a finger gap in the rear and I'm on 18s
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #104
indoz33
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
indoz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to indoz33
12k/10k they feel great!!! i daily mine too

Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #105
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

lol dammit. If I knew they rode so well on higher spring rates I'd would've gotten higher ones. Oh wells. Next time lol.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #106
eklips3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
eklips3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
all my coilovers make a distinct click, or rather then a click it gets hard to turn for a little bit then it goes easy, makes adjusting easy, i dont mind it at all.

BUT one of my coils after it gets to about the 10th click and through to the 16th click its really hard to turn.
no biggie though , fortune auto has great warranty

1992 240sx (RB20. 362whp@16psi)
eklips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:57 AM   #107
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
For the preload, you don't want the spring to move up and down or side to side, but you do want it to rotate/spin freely.
hmm then i guess i have mine set up wrong? they dont move on any axis (up, down, left, right), nor rotate. Ive read so many conflicting reports of whether to tighten it so that nothing moves, or leave some play. Its either its too loose, or tight. Hard to find that middle ground where it doesnt move on any other axis, yet loose enough to rotate. How do you do it?
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #108
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
few more of muh car. dropped it pretty much as low as i could go.
no collars up front, flipped bracket, and ovaled out the hole when i flipped it to bring back the camber. now i rub like a bitch on compression of the upper frame part =\

dip in my driveway in this pic, so usually i have about 3 inches of clearance up front.

still rides great. have to bring up the dampening a touch but its still bearable enough to be my daily.
Zero-Offset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #109
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal- View Post
hmm then i guess i have mine set up wrong? they dont move on any axis (up, down, left, right), nor rotate. Ive read so many conflicting reports of whether to tighten it so that nothing moves, or leave some play. Its either its too loose, or tight. Hard to find that middle ground where it doesnt move on any other axis, yet loose enough to rotate. How do you do it?
I have read some different opinions about it as well, but Terry (owner of Fortune) said the spring should be able to spin so I figured he should know what he's talking about, hahaha.

Do you have the black rubber pieces on the top and bottom of your spring, or are you using the white nylon pieces? The rubber ones don't let the spring move and will actually bind it. The white nylon ones allow you to get the spring really tight and it still spins easily. If you don't have the nylon rings, you should be able to contact Fortune/one of their distributors and get them.

Its really only something you need up front, as the rears don't turn.

If you wanted to get super bad ass with the set up you can buy some torrington bearings and washers off Amazon or McMaster Carr.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #110
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone in chicago tried these? chicago's streets are so fucked up, perfect place to test them for daily use
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #111
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
All this talk about Fortune Auto has me rather intrigued, do you guys have any quality issues or problems with corrosion? I remember on my first s13 I had D2's and they corroded on the inside of the dampener adjuster, ever since then i've been weary of lower priced coils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #112
csar
Zilvia Addict

csar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

If you wanted to get super bad ass with the set up you can buy some torrington bearings and washers off Amazon or McMaster Carr.
McMaster-Carr
are these the ones?
csar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #113
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I have read some different opinions about it as well, but Terry (owner of Fortune) said the spring should be able to spin so I figured he should know what he's talking about, hahaha.

Do you have the black rubber pieces on the top and bottom of your spring, or are you using the white nylon pieces? The rubber ones don't let the spring move and will actually bind it. The white nylon ones allow you to get the spring really tight and it still spins easily. If you don't have the nylon rings, you should be able to contact Fortune/one of their distributors and get them.

Its really only something you need up front, as the rears don't turn.

I have the rubber ones that came with the coilovers. I guess i shoot terry a PM to see if i can get those nylon rings. Im not badass enough to afford the torrington bearings lol Just a lowly street driver
Old 05-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #114
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Hey 95KA i found what you were taslking about on the Fortune Website:

Fortune Auto Replacement Parts - Fortune Auto USA

The "resin gaskets"
http://www.fortune-auto.net/parts/fo...%20gaskets.jpg

Time to get me a set!

edit: how many would i need? 4? 2 for each side?
Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #115
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Yeah two for each side.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #116
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
All this talk about Fortune Auto has me rather intrigued, do you guys have any quality issues or problems with corrosion? I remember on my first s13 I had D2's and they corroded on the inside of the dampener adjuster, ever since then i've been weary of lower priced coils.
They come with an awesome coating now.

You guys should try turning the adjustment knobs slowly, I can feel my clicks just fine as long as I do it slow.

I've been on my FA coils for almost a year now, still working and comfy like new.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #117
PHX-S14
Leaky Injector

PHX-S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I also have fortune auto coils on my s14..love em

PHX-S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #118
sex14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i got a question. for the front s14 500S coilovers whats the measurement on the spring preloaded.? for some reason the collars were loose and i guessed on the spring adjustment length at 7 3/8ths. is that factory length? if not what is. thanks. btw i got the stock 9/7 k ones
sex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #119
sex14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
btw these coils are wesome and they look purttyy
sex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #120
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

I was wondering if anyone had the problem of a "popping" noise when they turn their wheel with these coils. Started having this problem recently.

On a side note... they run absolutely wonderful. They take bumpy roads like a champ. I don't know what else to say lol. I've ridden in the Stance GR+ Pros and Tein Flex so far and this has outdone both of them. Although, I have never driven on those on a daily basis. Only on friends' cars. So take my word with a grain of salt.