Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #61
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
theres still TONS of stuff you can get brand new for the S-Chassis. i suggest everyone who wants a new gas tank email Nissan via their website contact form and start requesting it. theyve been bringing A LOT of parts back from the dead lately... case in point, nissan FINALLY made a HUGE run of OEM S13 sun roof weather stripping. it was discontinued for over a decade. the ONLY way you could get it was to buy a new sun roof and that was $900. well, nissan got off their butts and made more.

im sure that a problem existing WORLD WIDE would get them off their asses to make more given the gas tank is a VERY important part of the car and without a sealed tank, no S14 or S15 will pass emissions. get enough people emailing about it, they will do something.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #62
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
This makes sense considering people are still buying used s chassis and they can't even sell their new line of cars

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #63
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
theres still TONS of stuff you can get brand new for the S-Chassis. i suggest everyone who wants a new gas tank email Nissan via their website contact form and start requesting it. theyve been bringing A LOT of parts back from the dead lately... case in point, nissan FINALLY made a HUGE run of OEM S13 sun roof weather stripping. it was discontinued for over a decade. the ONLY way you could get it was to buy a new sun roof and that was $900. well, nissan got off their butts and made more.

im sure that a problem existing WORLD WIDE would get them off their asses to make more given the gas tank is a VERY important part of the car and without a sealed tank, no S14 or S15 will pass emissions. get enough people emailing about it, they will do something.
Very good suggestion, and apt comparison because this is basically s13 sunroof v2, ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
This makes sense considering people are still buying used s chassis and they can't even sell their new line of cars
Rofl. Best comment so far.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #64
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
I actually got a response from Nissan USA!

Quote:
Dear Lennon,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Nissan North America. Your request is important to us. We apologize, however your request is outside the scope of Nissan North America Consumer Affairs.

Case # 36671602 has been created to document your request. If you have any additional concerns or comments, please feel free to email or contact us directly at 1-800-647-7261 (Option 7).

Sincerely,

Nissan
im debating on calling them and hounding them a bit... especially since ive got a case number now.

i would highly recommend you S14 guys start bugging Nissan. its now evident they do actually read these reports.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #65
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Somebody with a couple hours to kill should look up all the fuel tank dimensions for every car ever made and find one that is compatible.

There has to be one in something that will fit nicely. There just has to

fuel tank repair thread I found
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=644858

Okay, I did my 5 minutes of research:

If everybody does 5 minutes of research it should only take 12,000 members 5 minutes each to do 1000 hours of research, which should just about do it...
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #66
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

im debating on calling them and hounding them a bit... especially since ive got a case number now.

i would highly recommend you S14 guys start bugging Nissan. its now evident they do actually read these reports.
+1

On results!

*fictitious posi rep*
Old 09-21-2019, 12:06 AM   #67
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
theres still TONS of stuff you can get brand new for the S-Chassis. i suggest everyone who wants a new gas tank email Nissan via their website contact form and start requesting it. theyve been bringing A LOT of parts back from the dead lately...
allllriiiight!!! so excited.

im being sarcastic, because lately parts prices have gotten very unrealistic. nissan is not the only manufacturer to blame. to be honest, all the manufacturers have hiked prices up so much that its making build and/or restoring cars a fucking nightmare.

i really dont understand it nor do i think any manufacturer has justification in these price hikes. NISSAN motorsports in particular can eat a big bag of dicks for the way they've inflated all of their prices for JDM parts. not only do they not give you ANY lead time on how long these parts will take to arrive, then they rape you on pricing.

when this happens, i'm all in for (quality) aftermarket solutions.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #68
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
working on a source.

will update when I have results.

This is similar to the other thread about OEM genuine S13 Silvia fenders, let's see if any of the suppliers can come through on this.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:46 PM   #69
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
is anyone actually serious about buying brand new genuine OEM fuel tanks?

seems like I can order it, but 1) it's $550+, and 2) 180+ days out.

will order one to see if it actually comes in, but buyer beware.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:36 AM   #70
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post

will order one to see if it actually comes in, but buyer beware.
Are you actually going to order one? Or did you mean you'd order one if someone wanted it.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #71
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Are you actually going to order one? Or did you mean you'd order one if someone wanted it.
I ordered one to see if it can be fulfilled... meaning if I get it in 6 months, it may be same or higher price than what I was quoted because the lead time is so long.

6 months is enough time for the global economy to crash.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:50 PM   #72
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I ordered one to see if it can be fulfilled... meaning if I get it in 6 months, it may be same or higher price than what I was quoted because the lead time is so long.

6 months is enough time for the global economy to crash.
Did you order it online or at the dealership? Mine just bit the dust tonight.

I'm sending my girlfriend to work Monday with the part number to see if the parts guys can give me any details on if any are left in the country and how may there may be, if any.

Quote:

I went ahead and sent in a customer affairs email. What's it going to hurt?

Oh yeah, still looking for the parts mentioned in my signature.....

Last edited by Pacman; 10-04-2019 at 07:45 PM..
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:48 PM   #73
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
Did you order it online or at the dealership? Mine just bit the dust tonight.
I'm not ordering it from any source within North America.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #74
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I'm not ordering it from any source within North America.
I'm interested in the outcome of this. I'm sure you won't leak your source of the overseas parts? I've never ordered any parts from overseas vendors that didn't come from a site like eBay. I'd love to learn YAJ but that is a whole 'nother topic.

I just went and picked up a used tank from a local (2 hours away) yard that actually had a S14. It looks good with no staining indicating a fuel leak. I am going to use that tank while I plastic weld my original and give that one a go once more to see how it holds up.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:43 AM   #75
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
I'm interested in the outcome of this. I'm sure you won't leak your source of the overseas parts? I've never ordered any parts from overseas vendors that didn't come from a site like eBay. I'd love to learn YAJ but that is a whole 'nother topic.
I guess let me be more specific...

like the other thread about genuine S13 Silvia fenders, I'm ordering to see if it can be fulfilled. If it can, I'm stocking a few to resell.

There's really not a secret to this. If someone wants genuine parts, either 1) it's available via the proper channels in North America (or discontinued via that same channel), or 2) it's available in another territory overseas (or discontinued via that same channel). Parts inquiry are fairly straightforward, if it's not listed as EOL you can definitely order it, fulfillment is entirely another story.

Other regions may have parts makers producing them locally and sold as "genuine OEM Nissan", so for all intents and purposes it's identical to what you want (except it may be made in India or Malaysia or Chile or France)... but like I said, 6+ months wait.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #76
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I guess let me be more specific...

like the other thread about genuine S13 Silvia fenders, I'm ordering to see if it can be fulfilled. If it can, I'm stocking a few to resell.

There's really not a secret to this. If someone wants genuine parts, either 1) it's available via the proper channels in North America (or discontinued via that same channel), or 2) it's available in another territory overseas (or discontinued via that same channel). Parts inquiry are fairly straightforward, if it's not listed as EOL you can definitely order it, fulfillment is entirely another story.

Other regions may have parts makers producing them locally and sold as "genuine OEM Nissan", so for all intents and purposes it's identical to what you want (except it may be made in India or Malaysia or Chile or France)... but like I said, 6+ months wait.
That's interesting.

I've worked the shop side of dealers for 12 years, and had plenty of times where the parts department said it was discontinued and no longer available to order since there was none in the U.S. When they tried to order, the next days report would show the part order cancelled (happened plenty of times with ordering MR2 parts).

If the part showed 'National Backorder' status then they could order it but like you said, it could be six+ months. I never had an overseas option. I wonder if that's a specific dealer thing? I've never had a dealer be able to order overseas.

At this point, I've owned this car 12 years so getting the new proper parts to keep it going and able to restore the thing a bit would be so nice. What's another 6+months after owning it this long?
Old 10-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #77
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
If the part showed 'National Backorder' status then they could order it but like you said, it could be six+ months. I never had an overseas option. I wonder if that's a specific dealer thing? I've never had a dealer be able to order overseas.
Ordering overseas means that I am trying to bring it in gray market.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #78
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Ordering overseas means that I am trying to bring it in gray market.
Nice! Try to bring me in a hood and right front fender! Keep us updated.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #79
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Nice! Try to bring me in a hood and right front fender! Keep us updated.
i make OE S14 kouki fenders in FRP now if you need a set.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #80
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^signature says lookn for zenki....but u have a link to your fenders? Got a friend intrested in a set
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #81
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
^signature says lookn for zenki....but u have a link to your fenders? Got a friend intrested in a set
www.dorkidori.com > PARTS > S14 AERO

Old 08-04-2023, 05:32 PM   #82
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

So?

New developments from anyone in the know? Lol. Getting hard and harder to find?
Old 08-06-2023, 10:01 PM   #83
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Heh. I've got one. I'm keeping as a spare. No you can't have it ;D
Old 08-08-2023, 12:57 AM   #84
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
Running into the exact same issue here in Europe on my S14 Silvia Q's:

Took the suspension apart for renovation/upgrades, and since my tank wasn't leaking yet I wanted to do the preventative measure of spacing out one of the straps and adding some foam padding. Unfortunately the above picture is what I've found the tank to look like.

After doing some research I was set on trying the method described in Kingtal0n's thread using the products from tb-bonding.com, unfortunately they do not ship out of the US/Canada and as apparently it's illegal to ship adhesives internationally this was not an option for me.

https://tbbonding.com/product/ptfe-patch/

I've found a company locally that sells a 2K adhesive that they say sticks to HDPE and PTFE, so what i'll try and do is dremel out the cracks, fill the groove with adhesive, stick a sheet of thin PTFE on it and then cover that with some rubber. Effectively recreating the PTFE tech-patch that tb-bonding sells. I'll make a thread to show the process once I've found out if it works as it might help out others with the same issue.
Old 08-08-2023, 09:33 AM   #85
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post
Running into the exact same issue here in Europe on my S14 Silvia Q's:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/7LmXrrzK/1691477266527.jpg[//IMG]

Took the suspension apart for renovation/upgrades, and since my tank wasn't leaking yet I wanted to do the preventative measure of spacing out one of the straps and adding some foam padding. Unfortunately the above picture is what I've found the tank to look like.

After doing some research I was set on trying the method described in Kingtal0n's thread using the products from tb-bonding.com, unfortunately they do not ship out of the US/Canada and as apparently it's illegal to ship adhesives internationally this was not an option for me.

https://tbbonding.com/product/ptfe-patch/

I've found a company locally that sells a 2K adhesive that they say sticks to HDPE and PTFE, so what i'll try and do is dremel out the cracks, fill the groove with adhesive, stick a sheet of thin PTFE on it and then cover that with some rubber. Effectively recreating the PTFE tech-patch that tb-bonding sells. I'll make a thread to show the process once I've found out if it works as it might help out others with the same issue.
Good luck! That's sketchy to find when you didn't know it was already damaged! Nice catch and sounds like a good plan of action.
Old 09-27-2023, 01:02 AM   #86
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
So I ordered the only glue that I could find "locally" that promised a good bond with LSE (low surface energy) materials.

In preparation I cleaned the whole tank with a powerwasher, and then used a dremel tool to gauge out the cracks in the tank as deep as I had the guts to go (as my tank was not leaking yet. So far so good I thought...

The glue had a very harsh chemical smell, which seemed promising to me as usually the worse it smells the better it works. Anyway, when applying the glue to the tank at first all seemed well, but then it started reacting with the HDPE and it bubbled up really bad. Also in my test setup, glueing two sheets of PTFE together, had more or less the same reaction and after 24h of drying it didn't hold at all.

So I'm scrapping the idea of trying to fix my tank. Luckily in my country a lot of R33's were parted out, and as I've come to find out the tank cracking issue is less of an issue here due our climate most of them are still intact. I found one cheap, so I'm picking it up soon to replace it with.

If anyone is still looking for an uncracked tank, I might be able to source one here for you in Europe. Send me a PB!
Old 09-27-2023, 08:24 AM   #87
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
I think the issue with your repair isn't the adhesive itself - an MMA (methylmethacrylate) adhesive like you used should be even better for plastic than a CA (cyanoacrylate aka superglue) based adhesive like the tech-bond - but that for that type of adhesive to work you'd need to have a patch/filler material pressed into the crack, just the way that stuff cures it won't work being filled into a butt joint. If anything the MMA is actually too reactive with the plastic to be used to "coat" a plastic repair the way you can with CA.

My guess is even though CA makes a weaker bond on plastic fuel tank materials than MMA, tech-bond supplies CA in their fuel tank patch kit because it's easier and safer to use and good enough for an unpressurized tank, and because like I said you can spread the viscous CA adhesive they supply over the finished patch as an "armor coat".

Last edited by AKADriver; 09-27-2023 at 11:49 AM..
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:48 AM   #88
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

so, not joking when i suggest this (and not sure if anyone has tried it) but has anyone used Testors plastic cement? i know this is model glue, however, its specifically formulated to work with plastics and the way the stuff works is that it eats into the plastic a bit and melts it together basically. i was trying to find (via Google) if it would stand up to gasoline, but couldnt get any search results for it.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 09-28-2023 at 09:19 AM..
Old 09-27-2023, 11:50 AM   #89
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
That stuff is basically just a mix of solvents and probably won't work on a fuel tank. I looked up the SDS, I think the MEK is the only ingredient that would react with HDPE.

https://www.rustoleum.com/MSDS/ENGLISH/281215.pdf

Might work but you'd still need a filler/patch material to fill a crack. I think I'd still go with the tech-bond system if I were to try anything.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 12:56 PM   #90
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Thanks for chiming in both, I appreciate it. The description of the adhesive I used stated that a "gap of up to 4mm" can be filled using the stuff, so I assumed my method wouldn't cause any issues. Because I didn't want to rely on just filling the gauge with adhesive my plan was to imitate the Tech-Bond kit by gluing a sheet of PTFE over it once it had cured. Finding out the glue did not work with PTFE at all in my test setup I just didn't feel comfortable anymore chasing this solution, especially after finding out how plentiful "good" tanks apparently are on this side of the globe.