Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:28 AM   #3001
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
im going to disagree with you on the sales figure part. the GT86 is already creating a HUGE fanbase in Japan with almost every car built already either sold or presold. its going to take nissan 3-4 years to get the new S chassis to the market, and the GT86 is already a proven hit so now is the perfect time for nissan to start work on the vaporware chassis it began developing 5 odd years ago.
You are correct, I did neglect to think about the fact that this car is immensely popular before they have even been put on sale. While I would like to see something from Nissan, I may pick up a 2nd year GT86. I am getting quite tired of waiting for something from Nissan.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #3002
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
You are correct, I did neglect to think about the fact that this car is immensely popular before they have even been put on sale. While I would like to see something from Nissan, I may pick up a 2nd year GT86. I am getting quite tired of waiting for something from Nissan.
I'm thinking a used one that's 2-3 years old. Basically after the mid-life facelift.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #3003
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
well just as they release the 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, they just released the 2013, and my dealership took delivery of the car already, soo much better car, 274hp 8 speed auto tranny with paddle shifters. newly redesigned interior.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #3004
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuck paddle shifters. That is an absolute deal breaker for me.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #3005
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
there were all kinds of small little tweaks for the 4cyl turbo engine in the genesis. its nice to see hyundai stepping up its game with that car. i test drove one a few months back and REALLY like it. with an added 60 odd horsepower, i think the 4 cyl model will have some much needed extra balls to an already great setup

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #3006
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I'm thinking a used one that's 2-3 years old. Basically after the mid-life facelift.
I'm thinking the same, assuming that Toyota doesn't fuck up the exterior. Can't think of a car where they did, but there is a first for everything.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #3007
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Same here, buy one in 2015 for the cheap.

Unless they drop a turbo version..............
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #3008
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
that's only on the 'touring' trim I think.
you can still get a 6 spd on the cheapest Rspec v6 trim.

I was surprised with the price hike most of all as I think the 2.0Rspec is now 26.5 from 23.5k, while the 3.8Rspec is 28.5k from 26.k.
It's still reasonable imo.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #3009
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Same here, buy one in 2015 for the cheap.

Unless they drop a turbo version..............
See I thought the same thing, but with gas pushing $4/gallon, I would probably get the N/A car as a fun, daily driver. If/when they come out with a STi version with better suspension, I would just upgrade that, but leave it N/A. Then drop a V8 or something similar into my 240sx, since the reason I bought the 240 was to make it into exactly what the BRZ is.

But I would wait for the cars to hit the used market. New cars are basically pointless because they lose so much value, imo.
BarrigaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #3010
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
im going to disagree with you on the sales figure part. the GT86 is already creating a HUGE fanbase in Japan with almost every car built already either sold or presold. its going to take nissan 3-4 years to get the new S chassis to the market, and the GT86 is already a proven hit so now is the perfect time for nissan to start work on the vaporware chassis it began developing 5 odd years ago.
One of the problems with a coupe, is that it is a hot thing the first couple of years, but then the market is flooded and there are very little buyers. If you look at sales figures for coupes, they spike the first few years, then fall off fast. Then when the new model comes out, same thing.

By the time Nissan gets onto the fray, it might already be over...

I am not sure how the hell Miata and Mustang keep it going though. Those are just amazing sales figures for cars that have beaten out every single one of their competitors.
BarrigaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #3011
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
I am not sure how the hell Miata and Mustang keep it going though. Those are just amazing sales figures for cars that have beaten out every single one of their competitors.
The manufacturers do no stray too far away from the formula that signifies the car. They appeal to the general public and have a large base of auto enthusiasts. It also doesn't hurt that these cars can become capable motorsports racers.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #3012
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Nissan is now in the works of a s16

I think thats what to look forward to
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #3013
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
How many small rwd drop tops are there?

How many are reasonably cheap?

How many small to midsize 2+2 v8 coupes are there?

Find your market and give them what they want.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #3014
MWH_Photo
Leaky Injector

MWH_Photo is an unknown quantity at this point
Was really tempted to pick up an FR-S next year if the price was right..

But it's not: (for me at least.. just doesn't seem worth it)

$24,200 + $750 + TT&L(CA) = ~$27,500 OTD

Pretty much confirms that I'll keep my DD and build an S13 over the next few years.
MWH_Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #3015
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
well there goes all my want for this car
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #3016
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea...not unexpected, but I hoped for it to be a bit lower. For the majority of people, this car will make no sense compared with MX5, Mustang, GC, Mini, etc. It essentially offers a simple and dull package with (reportedly) fun, light RWD dynamics. I think the general public of "car enthusiasts" who would even consider buying a 2 door sporty car will be focusing on the simple and dull side of things. And then buying a vert, a "Ponycar", a cheap turbo car, etc.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #3017
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
24.5k base msrp, lame as hell

sent from herp derp using my derpX
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #3018
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
who pays MSRP anyway?

it's all about invoice pricing, so technically it'll be less by about 1-2k than MSRP and a pretty good deal if you can get it at that.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #3019
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
it was on speedhunters too

NEWS>>SCION FR-S PRICING ANNOUNCED? - Speedhunters

it is alot of money though
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #3020
MWH_Photo
Leaky Injector

MWH_Photo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
who pays MSRP anyway?

it's all about invoice pricing, so technically it'll be less by about 1-2k than MSRP and a pretty good deal if you can get it at that.
People who buy Scion.. It's "Pure Pricing"

There have been reports of people getting below the pure price, but it's typically on a vehicle that the dealer wants to move.. IE: been on the lot for awhile.

It's possible to haggle with the Subaru though, but when's the last time you've been to the dealership and haven't seen 1-2K worth of BS "add-ons"

Not one WRX on the lot out here had a standard shifter.. they all had "STI short shifters" with a markup of ~$400.

And really.. when they're only getting between ~4-7 per dealer from May-November I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Market Adjustment "Add-on"
MWH_Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #3021
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
Saw a white BRZ at my work the other day, east bay CA, looked really good. It had strange plates on it, something along the lines of 'state of lincoln' across the top and MFR down the left side. I imagine MFR is Manufacturer, though I am not certain. A friend says the dealership around here has like 8 of them so maybe it came from there.. anyways I snapped a picture before I had to clock in.

Looks good but can't say I like it enough to pay the prices listed above. Even with a turbo. I'll stick to my s2k.
playthe_part is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #3022
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Pricing isn't out of line with competitors.
A base miata w/ 5-spd, 167hp goes for less than 1k cheaper.
The GC today might be around the same price (Rspec for 26.5k), but that's probably much more diff car.

what did you guys honestly expect it to sell for 18k? lmao
they said it would be around 25k so it's just wishful thinking to presume otherwise.
look to get it used if you want it cheaper or just opt for a used miata instead.

For 25k though, I would personally pay another 7-8k and get a 370z, mustang 5.0, or evo instead.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #3023
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
interesting little tidbit of info for the day coming out of infiniti...

Infiniti files for G35h, G30t and G22d trademarks

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #3024
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

interesting

The possibility of a 300SX and 2.2l diesel Versa make me giggle like a school girl.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #3025
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

For 25k though, I would personally pay another 7-8k and get a 370z, mustang 5.0, or evo instead.

This is why I think $25k is a decent price. For anything else newish, you're looking to pay well over $30k. Give it a couple of years though and you should be able to find one closer to $20k.

I never wanted the FR-S honestly, still interested in the BR-Z, even if it'll be more for all the bells and whistles.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #3026
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by playthe_part View Post
Saw a white BRZ at my work the other day, east bay CA, looked really good. It had strange plates on it, something along the lines of 'state of lincoln' across the top and MFR down the left side. I imagine MFR is Manufacturer, though I am not certain. A friend says the dealership around here has like 8 of them so maybe it came from there.. anyways I snapped a picture before I had to clock in.

Looks good but can't say I like it enough to pay the prices listed above. Even with a turbo. I'll stick to my s2k.
Land of lincoln is on illinois plates.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #3027
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
not me. already have a race car. dont need another one
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #3028
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
This is why I think $25k is a decent price. For anything else newish, you're looking to pay well over $30k. Give it a couple of years though and you should be able to find one closer to $20k.

I never wanted the FR-S honestly, still interested in the BR-Z, even if it'll be more for all the bells and whistles.
BR-Z isn't going to be any cheaper. honestly I don't know how well they're going to sell given that most might be steered towards the wrx with a likely cheaper base price.

When and if they release a turbo version, it's probably going to go for the low thirties in base price, if not higher. it's not going to be an easy sell when most ppl who buy performance cars just want to brag about hp and 0-60 times.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #3029
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
2013 Subaru BRZ tested at 0-60 in 7.3 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.3

This doesn't sound right to me. My 200 Eclipse GT was over 3000 lbs, FWD, and only 205hp and I ran a 15 flat with just an intake. The BRZ is almost 300 lbs lighter.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #3030
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

it's hard to say, could be the gearing, testing conditions, ability of driver & experience to get the right times.
I recall both the 200hp GC manual a few yrs ago and the mk5 GTi w/ 200 hp both got around 6.8.
I can't imagine it being that much worse, but half a sec diff might plausibly be achieved with other factors taken into consideration.

fyi - a similarly (if not cheaper) v6 mustang and wrx get low 5's.
I don't think it's remotely the car to get if all out accel performance is what you're after anyways.

Im more interested to see how it stack up against the miata on an autoX.
If it fails there then there isn't much point to this car imo.
also would like to see what ppl are getting on the dyno, car could be over-rated in power, that's always a possibility.