Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #91
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
car looks great man!
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #92
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka24Power View Post
car looks great man!
Thanks! I was hoping to drive it to work tomorrow but now thats not going to happen.

Yep. had to pull it off again. Unfortunately the coating did not seal the manifold and it would still not hold vacuum. This is unfortunate as I had to jump through hoops to get insurance on the car. And now its just sat in the diveway.

So whats next? well there is no way I can use the stock manifold. The silly cross over pipe will definitely not work with the current piping and re routed coolant lines.

I did a bit of research and came to the conclusion to buy a Plazmaman style manifold. I've vowed to not buy anymore chinese parts but with the upcoming wedding my budget isnt the biggest right now. The part also has a 90 day guarantee so if it doesnt work. worst case is I send it back.

I did a test fit with the lower manifold to make sure It still fits with the aftermarket fuel rail and such. I will need to weld up two of the stock coolant lines and I'll be good to go.

The longer runner length should be better suited to a street car and give the torqueless RB20 some of its low end power back.

No super 90's build would be complete without under car lighting.

It glows every colour, strobes, flashes to music and all the other various ricey shit. The best $30 i've spent.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #93
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Underglow makes it. Rice is back.
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:11 AM   #94
Slayer

Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point
This car rules.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #95
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

ksuberk54 is an unknown quantity at this point
All you need is the GT wing and you are golden man. That has 90s written all over it and I love it.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #96
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hoping you didn't go with the Godspeed intake plenum that bolts to the stock lower runners. We did one of those on a local r20 r32 and it was a huge pain in the ass to get it installed correctly. Required lots of modifications.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #97
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hoping you didn't go with the Godspeed intake plenum that bolts to the stock lower runners. We did one of those on a local r20 r32 and it was a huge pain in the ass to get it installed correctly. Required lots of modifications.
I did. its the same style but its not a godspeed one. My friend put one on his RB without any issues, so i guess it is hit or miss. It came with a warranty so if its crap ill send it back or have the bottom surfaces planed so they are true.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:50 PM   #98
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13rhdhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Where did you get the clutch line from?
s13rhdhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #99
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13rhdhatch View Post
Where did you get the clutch line from?
Its from a rally / performance shop in England. I bought it from their ebay store.

I received my Plazmamann style manifold and it needed machining (as expected). It should be done tomorrow. The gaskets showed up today so we should be good to go. It is 9038432908432098 times uglier than the old manifold I had but fingers crossed it will work

I got a bunch of odd jobs done on the car this past weekend. Intercooler brackets have been made and I did a bunch of fiberglass work on the Lip to get it back together.

Installed front underglow.

On the fence about parting with the wangan wing, I saw an R34 TommyKaira GT wing on YJP but it ended before I could bid. Hopefully one pops up again over the winter and I can snap it up.

Should finish the Kit and 90's look off nicely.

Also picked up the ultimate in 90s JDM brand snobbery horns. Thanks Martino

Im sure they'll fit right in.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #100
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

So the manifold came in and the bottom surface wasn't completely flat. I sent it out to have it machined flat so it lined up true with the lower runners. I mocked it up on the bench first, all the holes had to be re-tapped and the stock bolts had to be cut shorter and re threaded .

I then had to disassemble the entire thing because it wouldn't clear the brake lines. Installed the lower half and then put the top plenum back on in the car.

It definitely looks mediocre at best. Not as clean as the old manifold but 309284392 times better than the stock crossover pipe. Should equate to a better driving car at lower RPMs so theres that.

In changing the manifold there are a couple things that need addressing.

-The breaks in the wiring harness need to be redone as the IACV and other sensors have moved around a bit.

-The AN fitting on the front of the rail just touches the coolant temp sensor which is a bummer and will have to be looked into and changed.

-The cold piping has to be re welded to accomodate the new TB position. I've extended it with couplers but thats less than Ideal so it will need to be remade.

Martino came by and we did an alignment to at least get the car to the point where it can be driven to get the fenders rolled and the wheels fitted properly. We ran out of daylight and played with the under car lighting

The seasons quickly coming to a close. fingers crossed I can get it out for a week or two on temp permits :/
Old 09-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #101
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Do you know the people's company name by chance?
Old 09-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #102
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13rhdhatch View Post
Do you know the people's company name by chance?
Yep, Here it is.

http://www.mattlewisracing.co.uk/pro...t_lewis_racing
Old 09-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #103
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post

Awesome thanks bro.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:23 AM   #104
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
So the manifold came in and the bottom surface wasn't completely flat. I sent it out to have it machined flat so it lined up true with the lower runners. I mocked it up on the bench first, all the holes had to be re-tapped and the stock bolts had to be cut shorter and re threaded.
Yep that's the same problems we had when we installed that same manifold. Guess they're getting them from the same factory as godspeed. We also had to weld in a fitting for the pcv hose or something, I don't remember.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #105
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
That JUN lip looks really cool on the GTS bumper. Still loving this build.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #106
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
That JUN lip looks really cool on the GTS bumper. Still loving this build.
Thanks! I think it compliments the rest of the aero well. OEM +

As the saying goes: one step forward, two steps back

The new manifold fit well (after modification). However, the fuel rail doesn't fit with the OEM lower portion of the manifold. The aftermarket rail, which came with the aftermarket manifold (the one which was coated black) wont tighten down on the OEM manifold which causes the injectors to leak.

Stock fuel rail to the rescue! which doesnt require the Tomei FPR or all the AN lines i splurged on. Oh well.

Driveway tuning is nearing impossible with the dropping temperature and earlier sunsets. Martino and I loaded the car up to take it to its second home to be finished over the next couple of weeks (One final push to have the car turnkey ready for next season)

Its inside where its warm and has light past 630pm. I should be able to button this up and drive it home over the next couple of weeks

Old 10-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #107
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I need to check out this magical garage space, sometime over the winter

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #108
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I need to check out this magical garage space, sometime over the winter
you sure do! My cars there with good company haha

Old 10-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #109
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
My car is so dirty lol
Old 10-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #110
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

Keep up the good work man! it will get there.

What I would do to get my hands on a S15
Old 10-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #111
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to take you up on this sometime I'm always down for cool car hangs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
My car is so dirty lol
HAHA no kidding... Someone get this man a car wash card for Christmas

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #112
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

The two week build bender has come to a close and unfortunately so has the season.

drove the car a whole 3km yesterday.

I didnt get any real pictures of the progress over the past two weeks. But the work consisted of tracing down many vacuum leaks, running lines to the heatercore (Motor came with looped lines) and routing vacuum / wiring neatly along the frame rails.

The car is mostly complete now minus the interior. Over the winter I plan on addressing the rotors and pads as well as picking up a greddy sandwich plate that can accommodate an oil cooler.

Just happy all the leaks are gone and its mostly back together.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #113
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

HAHA no kidding... Someone get this man a car wash card for Christmas
You know how hard it is to keep a white (boosted) car clean?!?! LOL
Old 11-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #114
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
Sweet build man! I think we are following each other on IG. Which intake manifold did you use? Trying to get rid of the ugly stock one.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #115
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
What is this season nonsense?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:14 PM   #116
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftx View Post
Sweet build man! I think we are following each other on IG. Which intake manifold did you use? Trying to get rid of the ugly stock one.
Hey yea I think we are! I ended out using just a cheapo ebay one that uses the stock lower runners. If you are going to go this route, you WILL need to have the part machined flat and most likely re tap all the holes.

Granted it doesnt look the greatest but is 9038493208 times better than the stock crossover pipe.

I just love how the car looks with the aero. I had some decals cut and will hopefully be able to put them on over the weekend

Cheers!
Old 11-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #117
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
What is this season nonsense?
LOL says the guy from cali.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #118
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Point proven lol

I'd love to move to Canada and own my dream car. But I can't deal with that season shit
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:05 PM   #119
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did I hear something about this being in Belleville? Just picked my R32 up in Belleville last week, gf goes to college would love to meet up next spring when its on the road for a cruise if you're down, and in Belleville lmfao
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #120
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post
Did I hear something about this being in Belleville? Just picked my R32 up in Belleville last week, gf goes to college would love to meet up next spring when its on the road for a cruise if you're down, and in Belleville lmfao
My parents live in Brockville so the car has been back and forth from there a few times. I should be able to hit up some shannonville days to watch or play on the skidpad next year.

Hard to believe the transformation this car has gone through since I got it. I was just looking through photos on my old Iphone and came across this:

I always feel that I'm not making any progress but looking back Its come so far.

So stoked for next year

Last edited by Dolph_KYAS13; 11-12-2015 at 07:21 PM..
Dolph_KYAS13 is offline   Reply With Quote