Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:18 AM   #1
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
ジェリービンス s14

WARNING: not the most interesting thread ever! but i will continue to upgrade this chassis as much as my pocket allows me to!

I've been a member of zilvia for a few (3) years now. I'm finally coming around to making a build thread. bare with me. it's nothing too fancy.

i got my s14 off of some local military dude, bone stock 5 speed with 95,000 original miles. it was a four lug with sun roof, vlsd, clean dash and cruise control. only "mod" it had was some shitty ass dual pipe fence exhaust.

this was how it looked when i had just picked it up.

The dude i got it from included some function and form coil overs and a z32 brake swap.

i drove it around for a while with the stock four lug wheels. i threw on the f&f coil overs just so it wouldn't be so stock looking.

here is how it looked for a long time as i saved up money for the 5 lug swap, wheels, brakes and links.

i had just started working on an ambulance when i started saving up. i got hired at a local hospital to work the emergency room. this meant a lot more income than working construction and the ambulance combined.

i had saved up and got mb battles (17x9.5 +15 all around with yokohama s drives) and took it to a local shop. once there, they installed isis links, brakes and 5 lug swap.

Once everything was done at the shop i headed down to pep boys, where i met my buddy danny thats been doing my alignments ever since.

It was such a sketchy drive. the toe in the rear was off! i remember not being ably to go over 25mph without it wobbling around.

rolling fenders.

final product.

At this point in time, i was very happy with where my build was at. I thought drifting was silly and time attack was kind of hard core and i wasn't trying to build either style of car, i just wanted a cool looking s14. everything changed when i met these guys.

justin (frisky nipples) ninjo, julian (juice) alex (drama) bryant (joto) all took me under their wings and guided me away from the #hoonigan #stickerbomb life and showed me what real drifting was all about! constant rainy nights at "the spot" really helped me learn how to control my underpowered ka, vlsd with stock angle.(best way to learn)

so after hanging with my newfound brothers, some mods had to come along.

first things first i got a mint seat of jam kouki taillight (a must IMO)

i got my hands on a 330mm nardi deep corn, work bells hub, nrg quick release and hub lock with burnt titanium baller bolts here on zilvia for a really good price so it was a must!.

while gathering up funds for the 5 lug swap i came across some oem naval parts ry-guy hooked me up with straight from japan! (thanks dude hope you see this thread)

he wasn't able to ship a bumper out to me because of EMS's regulations, so i had to source one else where! fortunatly i was able to get a bumper with grill for cheap!

so while all my naval pieces where collecting dust in the garage, i ordered pbm subfrime raisers, pbm drift button, DIF solid diff bushings and a tome technical trax two way diff! man oh man does that diff make a difference!.

here are some pics of the install.

breaking in the diff was way too fun! after i was able to gather up funds, it was time to slap on the navan and color match the car! i wanted to keep the car red but i wanted to change it up a bit. i selected a red i thought would look cool but when spraying it, the hue completely changed (the color chart lied to me)! i didn't like it at first, then grew on me, and now i hate it! haha oh well paint is coming soon(again)! but back to this paint job.... my uncle is a hell of a handy man! from carpentry, metal work, and mechanics, he does it all(and well). when i found out he was doing an apprenticeship for a local body shop, i hit him up to see if he was willing to help spray my car! without hesitation he said yes! here are some pics of prep and paint.

so once all the prep was done we sprayed it down with some primer...

and laid on the paint..

yes we did prep and spray the car outside. it was both our first time painting a car and didn't really care to go to a booth. it was a nice still day so we went all out. quality came out damn good for a backyard special.

we parked it in his garage and applied heat lamp for 2 days.

Last edited by jerry_beans; 01-24-2015 at 12:10 PM..
jerry_beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

build continued.

at this point in time, my naval bumper was on hold (thanks US CUSTOMS) so i was not able to get it painted along with the rest of the parts.

this is it all put together!

back at my house...

installed the tail lights. thanks for the pic drama!

after waiting for about 2 weeks my bumper arrived.

intalled circuit sport clear covers.

once all was said and done, the unthinkable happened.....

we were at the secret tweaker spot waiting for some rain..

once it started raining, we started driving around, water whippin and what not. me being new to drifting, i was always tense starting up and slowly working myself down to being more relaxed. once i started feeling comfy i took my eyes off the car in front of me for a split second BAMMMMMMARGERA.

my buddy slav spun out in front of me in his s2000. i ended up hitting him on his rear passenger quarter panel/wheel. his rpf1 took most of the impact. i remember looking at his car when i was still in the drivers seat thinking to myself "wow nothing happened to his car! hopefully mine looks the same". YEAH.......... not at all. my car absorbed all of the impact.

this was the damage sustained to slavs car

i was so heart broken. i had just painted the damn thing and now this... luckily i was able to source a new hood, headlights and radiator support the next day.

i pulled off the old rad support and welded on the new one after it sitting in my garage for about a week.

thats the new one there before i sprayed it black.

once all the spot-welds were all welded up, i put the fenders, hood and headlights back on.

this is how the front end has looked ever since. I'm currently saving up for paint and am torn between BLACK and RED.

any who, here are some more pics of it with the ugly front.

here are some pics of my first "official" drift event. the ka gave started going to shit right after this.

so ka took a shit. it turned out to be a short in the lower engine harness that would drain my battery. i found some dude up in lubbock texas that was selling his s14 sr20det and was willing to knock the price down if i took him my ka. he was aware of my issue with the harness so he knocked off a couple hundred bucks, so i pulled the ka and headed north!

so long gayboyyyy...

co-pilot died on me en route.

trip took 4 hrs. we met up with the dude and traded engines

strapped it up, slapped the camper back on, and back down to shit hole el paso tejas.

swap included:
-engine
-trans
-ecu
-stock t28
-isis turbo lines
-wiring specialties harness
-toda light weight flywheel
-z32 maf

i ordered:
-psm high mount intercooler
-psm turbo piping
-psm cobra flex pipe
-koyo n flow
-koyo radiator cap
-exedy 3 puck clutch
-tomei poncoms
-moroso high capacity oil pan
-hks air filter
-nismo mounts
-1000cc five-o injectors
-rs enthalpy tune
-hks turbo actuator
-a whole bunch of gaskets and seals.
-camryonbronzes tomei exhaust manifold of his black s13

mounted up the high mount

the cobra pipe has got to be my favorite piece of fabbed metal.

i had the toda resurfaced at a local machine shop.

put in the cams

once the revamp was done with all the new parts, we dropped it in. great way to spend your birthday!

so right off the bat we had a ton of issues that lead to more issues. first off my oil pump was no bueno. i had to toe it from my uncles place and parkit back in my garage.

i pulled the engine out at my house

i attempted to swap it out on my own but made a huge booboo.

fed up with all the bullshit, i took it to true street industries where johnny ringo and tintin took over the task.

at this point i purchased arp head studs, apex head gasket, and had the head machined.

after all was said and done, i brought it back home to stick on the upper and lower oil pan back on and cover up the little window with a "custom" diet coke piece.

i dropped the engine back in only to have MORE problems come to light.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

after going over everything(with the help of drama, justin, bryant, and albert), we figured out i had a bad maf, a busted coil pack, and a few leaky oil lines.

my oil return line busted

piece of shit isis line leaked at the crimp.

i found a coil pack locally for 15 bucks, drama hooked it up with a spare z32 maf he had sitting around (thanks blood!), and i ordered a new oil return line along with DIF turbo lines.

after all that bullshit, my car was finally ready to drive! going from a shit ka to sr was such a good bump in power! i tossed on a pam knuckle kit i picked up from a fellow zilvia member. increased angle and boost made the car so much fun!

oh and i had also installed isis 3 inch boas pipes. I sited with this because at the time i didntwant to pay 700 for a dart izumi i tried to get from another member.

shortly after the swap i came up on a pair of equips(18x10 +22). i figured if i got a pair it would make me want to find another pair of equips. i never found another pair in good sizes so i decided i would mix and match with something else. i ended up finding a pair of work xt7's (18x9.5 +12).

once i had both pairs and tires, i threw them on. i was tired of the battles. 17s made my car look like a monster truck.

bye bye battles. i ended up selling the battles months after this point.

beginning of 2014 we had a little parking lot "event" where i got to screw around! it was to help the science team. good cause, cheap entry fee, can't go wrong with that. i set up a layout that was pretty fun. second gear but h well the crew and i got to have some fun.

it was a great turnout! oodles and oodles of fun!

some more pics of the weird combo. i liked it.

soon after i found some ganadors that almost matched the rusty red! thanks nick!

i got crazy and had the equips polished by some local vato low rider o.g. dudes! they did a damn good job.

i had my LCA's extended and notched by joe the welder!

set the camber to about -6

i also replaced the steering rack, inner tie rods, and installed psm solid rack bushings

my original rack had a gnarly leak. found one on zilvia for cheaps.

OH YEAH!!!! i also fulfilled my jdm fanboy dream and got rid of the isis blast pipes and swapped it with a dart izumi i got from brad(dazed)! thanks bruh bruh!!

back to visit dannyboy.

found some damn near brand new psm coilovers too!

after a while, my love for the xt7s grew and the hope i had for finding another pair of equips greatly diminished. worked out a deal with scott(falkon240) and i got his full set of xt7's (18x9.5 +22) for my equips. smellbert, my chick and i took a trip to LA for fd irwindale where we met up with scott and did business.

loaded them up

met up with scott and did the old swappski. came back to my lades grandmas house in compton and started flossin.

got tires mounted and installed coilovers and wheels.

adjusted the hight a bit.

set it and forget it.

picked up a kouki wing rep and tossed it on. thanks irvin!
Old 01-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

mocked up.

installed

a few random pics i like

oh!!! forgot about my e brake swap and bride seat!

before i got the bride, my knee was always banging into the drift button so i got a rhd e brake leaver and center console.

justin sold me this seat. bride zeta 3 xl for my wide mexican hips. (baby my hips don't lie)

my negros approve!

thank you for looking! thats how my car sits as of right now. I'm saving up for paint. things to possible come:
-bigger turbo
-kit
-roof wing

hope you enjoyed! lets see what the future has in store for me and my build!

feedback is always welcomed!
Old 01-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
staticstance
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
staticstance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Really enjoyed reading through this man! keep it up!
staticstance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #6
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Why is the ebrake on the wrong side?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #7
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks staticstanc! Let me know about the roof wing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 240.. No id View Post
Why is the ebrake on the wrong side?
I just included that at the end! I swapped it over because my knee would always hit before I had money for that bride. I'm 5 feet 13 inches tall . That shit hurt! But then I got the zeta 3 and just decided to leave it as is
Old 01-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #8
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
this is good man! Yall El Paso dudes should come to some Lone Star events
Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #9
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Thank you jimbo! I totally want to make at least one lone star bash this year! The crew and I were discussing that not too long ago! If like to go when yokoi comes back! Is that the t. Cox memorial?
Old 01-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #10
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_beans View Post
Thank you jimbo! I totally want to make at least one lone star bash this year! The crew and I were discussing that not too long ago! If like to go when yokoi comes back! Is that the t. Cox memorial?
Yeah man!!! T. Cox events are the events with the Japanese guest drivers.Thats the event to come to.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #11
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Cool! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for those dates! I'll definitely hit justin up if we make it out there maybe we can grub/booze with the essence garage crew!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:18 PM   #12
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah dude! We would love to have you out there this year!!! Let us know!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:45 PM   #13
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Lucky! I want tb e dart Izumi stainless. This is a cool build.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #14
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
Lucky! I want tb e dart Izumi stainless. This is a cool build.
I almost paid $700 for one! I was desperate. I'm glad I waited! Patients paid off!

Thanks man!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #15
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
good stuff, man. your car is pretty cool
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #16
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i need to come down to el paso for hangs!
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #17
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
such a bad ass build.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #18
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Woo! Great build so far, high five for 17x9.5 +15 bronze battles for your first wheels, me too! Lol in 08!
Old 01-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #19
Kwolfe
Zilvia Member

Kwolfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks real good!
Kwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #20
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
such a bad ass build.
Thanks man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
good stuff, man. your car is pretty cool
Thank you for the kind words in glad you all like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
Woo! Great build so far, high five for 17x9.5 +15 bronze battles for your first wheels, me too! Lol in 08!
Haha I got the 17s because I thought the 18s would be to big haha!!! Twinsies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwolfe View Post
Looks real good!
Thanks!!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #21
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
one of my favorite s14s
Old 01-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #22
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
very entertaining build. Good stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #23
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hey maan, Love seeing the progression of your car. Looks so boss now and i kinda dig the rusty orange color haha. Yeah we all need to hang out sometime in the near future.

P.S. That Night Parade sticker doe!

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:28 AM   #24
kouktexas
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
kouktexas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A el Paso build nice !
kouktexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #25
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Great Build thread. I love how your car progressed, Cant wait to see it 1 color. I vote keep it Red and polish out those wheels!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:16 PM   #26
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_beans View Post
Thanks man!!

Thank you for the kind words in glad you all like it!

Haha I got the 17s because I thought the 18s would be to big haha!!! Twinsies!

Thanks!!!!
I got 17's cause they were cheap, 18x9.5 +12 forever tho

Check out my build thread if you haven't already!
Old 01-27-2015, 02:33 AM   #27
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RurouniMidnight View Post
Hey maan, Love seeing the progression of your car. Looks so boss now and i kinda dig the rusty orange color haha. Yeah we all need to hang out sometime in the near future.

P.S. That Night Parade sticker doe!
Wow that means a lot justin! Thanks for the love! Really excited to make it out to LSB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Great Build thread. I love how your car progressed, Cant wait to see it 1 color. I vote keep it Red and polish out those wheels!
Thank you! I have a good red I'm leaning more towards, but just when I think I know I want a certain color, something pops up and makes me question my choice! I'll never polish another set of wheels ever! It's such a pain to maintain. Local chrome shop won't touch wheels anymore so I think powdercoat chrome is going to stay for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouktexas View Post
A el Paso build nice !
Chuco town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
one of my favorite s14s
This comment blew me away! I don't think anyone has ever told me that before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
very entertaining build. Good stuff!
Arigatou gozimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
I got 17's cause they were cheap, 18x9.5 +12 forever tho

Check out my build thread if you haven't already!
Battle lyf dawg! Haha! Yeah I had gotten half way through it last week but got so caught up in finishing mine I hadn't got a chance to see it all! Finally went and showed some love a few minutes ago!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #28
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Pointless post.

Way too much time on my hands today. I took out most of the interior to give it a damn good cleaning.

Before
B

After

Took out the rear seatbelts too.

Finally dust free

Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 PM   #29
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice thread. I might make one of these sometime too. So are you still debating black or red?
Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 AM   #30
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
Nice thread. I might make one of these sometime too. So are you still debating black or red?
Thanks man! I'll be patiently waiting to see your build thread pop up! I dig your s14!

I'd like black, but I think I'm set on a candy red something like this.