Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #1951
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It's the same.

Thanks Brian! Glad to have the answer from someone of kouki aero experience lol
Old 11-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #1952
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
It was Drift Showoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Thanks Brian! Glad to have the answer from someone of kouki aero experience lol
I'm just assuming though.

BUT, you should take MY assumptions as FACT.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #1953
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
It was Drift Showoff.

I'm just assuming though.

BUT, you should take MY assumptions as FACT.

Lol, well now that's no help.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #1954
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
It would make NO sense to me why it would not be an exact copy of the OEM bumper and lip.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #1955
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

I know I know but it seems that every time I see the 2, the kouki lip seems to sit lower.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #1956
Brian
Post Whore!

You probably haven't seen them both on the same car.

One person might be a half inch higher on the suspension. Different cars, different stance, different tires, etc.

Even something as simple as paint color can change the look of a car.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #1957
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
You probably haven't seen them both on the same car.

One person might be a half inch higher on the suspension. Different cars, different stance, different tires, etc.

Even something as simple as paint color can change the look of a car.

'Tis true I guess.
I may just bite the bullet and order the VS bumper. It's ridiculously hard to find someone with the OE type-x bumper here in Canada. Ordering is out of the question to, everywhere I've checked it will cost way well over $300 before shipping. And the lip, don't get me started on Canadian prices lol

I'd be putting the VS bumper on my black car so I'd assume the ability to hide things with black will benefit me here.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #1958
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't forget half assed installations Brian.

Not having the lip properly mounted will make it sag and look lower.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #1959
Brian
Post Whore!

yeah that's true also.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #1960
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
yeah not installed correctly it sags about 1-2 cm.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #1961
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i too have noticed that when i had the VS bumper it seemed a bit higher than OEM...

VS isn't exactly top notch quality, i would not be surprised if the dimensions were off a bit.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #1962
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've heard the contrary, when the VS kouki first came out, i remember talking to someone at Touge Factory that said it was actually a little lower than OEM stuff...

seems the same to me.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #1963
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Grrr. I hear no, than I hear yes.

Anyone who's had both on the SAME car with EXACT same setup other than the front bumpers??
Old 11-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #1964
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
does it really matter? you can either you buy real and get exact dimensions, or you buy a replica and get what they give you. no need for debate.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #1965
Brian
Post Whore!

It's exactly the same.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #1966
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Pretty sure it's completely different. I don't think it's even supposed to be replica of the kouki bumper.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #1967
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
HAHA this thread is failing......
this is a KOUKI AERO thread anyway
I thought the convo was about OEM kouki aero part numbers? LOL
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 11-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #1968
Brian
Post Whore!

The conversation is about 180sx.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #1969
BRAIN_Z33
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
BRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
'
Old 11-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #1970
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
^^ ouch ^^

lol yeah it is now brian but it started with the op asking for part numbers, sheesh srs bsnss
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 11-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #1971
2toneluv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
2toneluv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

is anyone runnin duals like these with kouki aero?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #1972
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
Quote:
The conversation is about 180sx. TYPE X ONLY
fixed.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #1973
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Those lights make it look terrible, in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
I agree. The lights don't look good. Most people that try to be different fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAIN_Z33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
^^ ouch ^^

lol yeah it is now brian but it started with the op asking for part numbers, sheesh srs bsnss
God people just love to hate... and to brianz33 who obvisly doesnt know his cars they are nsx lights

Back to the kouki 180sx thread heres what mine looked like with the streamline front (semi kouki look)

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #1974
Brian
Post Whore!

Voicing an opinion that is opposite of yours doesn't mean we are "hating".
Old 11-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #1975
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
I disagree you should voice your opinion in an appropriate manner. Instead of making enemys why not make a friend.

why not put the nsx up instead of that probe first??

I have a kouki front and I love it but I have something else that others dont, and I think its bad ass and am actually surprised no one had anything positive to say.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #1976
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
edit: nevermind. The NSX lights don't look bad, maybe if they were inset a little they would look more factory.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #1977
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i believe that we don't care. this not an "NSX light" thread. this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #1978
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
i believe that we don't care. this not an "NSX light" thread. this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
haha I didnt get my feelings hurt and I dont care what you think but LOOK AT THE BUMPER!!! you idiot its a copy of the kouki front with the lip and different signals.

you want kouki front I have one too which dose pertain to the thread. and who is we???

Thanks turtle...

Old 11-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #1979
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Beautiful car.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #1980
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
I disagree you should voice your opinion in an appropriate manner. Instead of making enemys why not make a friend.

why not put the nsx up instead of that probe first??

I have a kouki front and I love it but I have something else that others dont, and I think its bad ass and am actually surprised no one had anything positive to say.
Who wasn't apporopriate?

You're just upset that nobody likes your bumper.

if YOU like it, great. It's your car. You should always have a car that YOU enjoy.

I don't even understand why there is dialogue about this anyways...