Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #1
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Star Wars VII

Movie Rocked.

Go see it.

If your on the fense, three reasons you need to see it.

1. It's actually a good movie. Call it Space Wars and take away the hype, it's well acted, a solid story and great action.

2. Hype. Everyone will be talking about it. Deal with it. Disney owns Star Wars and we are getting 7-10 movies in the next decade. Get on board and remain culturally relevant.

3. It's a good Star Wars movie. It destroys the prequels in every way imaginable. Actions, story, effects, designs etc.

Thread Now Contains Spoilers because zeitgeist has no self esteem and wants to ruin things for people because his real life sucks.

Last edited by Corbic; 12-20-2015 at 11:10 AM..
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Going to go catch it next week. The reviews have been very positive.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I don't know how I feel about the 'big' thing that happened. I feel like it's too early in this new trilogy to pull some shit like that. What the fuck.

EDIT: Can we talk freely in here? I don't want to be the dick that spoils the movie but there's shit I wanna discuss lol.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:37 AM   #4
tongsing

Trader Rating: (0)
tongsing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Going to go catch it next week. The reviews have been very positive.
tongsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 05:52 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I don't know how I feel about the 'big' thing that happened. I feel like it's too early in this new trilogy to pull some shit like that. What the fuck.

EDIT: Can we talk freely in here? I don't want to be the dick that spoils the movie but there's shit I wanna discuss lol.
Spoiler free for now.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:09 AM   #6
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Let's wait till Monday to give you spoilers.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:34 AM   #7
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Going to wAtchison it in a couple hours
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #8
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Damn. I need to share some theories and shit. I'll hold off til Monday...
Old 12-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Yeah movie was meh. I mean I'm glad the brought starwars back and all but I think the world is blinded by the excitement to see it was just another movie

Was it bad? No. Was it amazing and best like everyone said? Definitely not
Old 12-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #10
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It was great, but the Star Trek trailer had me thinking. I Max 3d was totally worth it!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #11
dizzariot
Post Whore!

...still gonna try to hold my tongue until Monday. Star Trek looks like shit. That's what happens when you get the Fast and Furious guy behind the camera...
Old 12-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #12
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Am I the only one who came to see the first order kick at the least some ass and came out severely dissapointed. Captain phasma wtf cmon.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #13
Corbic
Post Whore!

Star Wars VII

Quote:
...still gonna try to hold my tongue until Monday. Star Trek looks like shit. That's what happens when you get the Fast and Furious guy behind the camera...

I agree on the Star Trek bit. Kirk jumping a 2015 Triumph on an alien planet 400 years from now? Yeahhhhh

They are just making a typical action flick now using Star Trek names.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #14
babyjesus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
babyjesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i'll be back monday for discussion
Old 12-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #15
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
because my post was deleted

movie was trash
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:31 AM   #16
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT

I'll be "that guy", I feel like I wasted my money.

Yay, we destroyed a bigger death star. . . this seems familiar. . .

All this movie did was introduce us to a few new characters and set it up for the next movie.

ds
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:33 AM   #17
future
Post Whore!

And that was the point. You can't introduce twenty new people and have a huge story too. Not enough time

I expect more out the next one
Old 12-21-2015, 06:42 AM   #18
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Saved the world couldnt get a bj

-finn
-
Old 12-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #19
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Saved the world couldnt get a bj

-finn
-

Not enough Pod Racing for you?
Old 12-21-2015, 07:50 AM   #20
future
Post Whore!

Knowing what needed to be done with the first movie I expect double out the 2nd one. If not then I'll be here talking about disappointment
Old 12-21-2015, 08:37 AM   #21
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
thought the movie was awesome. Idk why y'all weren't happy with it. There are going to be many more movies, so they did a great job setting them up while still keeping everyone guessing. I know there are talks about Ray being luke's daughter, but I think she is Kilo's twin sister.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:47 AM   #22
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
thought the movie was awesome. Idk why y'all weren't happy with it. There are going to be many more movies, so they did a great job setting them up while still keeping everyone guessing. I know there are talks about Ray being luke's daughter, but I think she is Kilo's twin sister.

Certainly seemed like it. However why would Leia and Han have nearly zero reaction to her?

Then again, if she was Luke's daughter, who's the mother and again, why would Han and Leia not know that either?

They knew Luke well enough to know he started a Jedi school and sent their son to live there.

I also like how there is a hint that will see more Dark Jedi that joined Kilo Ren.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:58 AM   #23
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^^ side piece! He hide i! , what was the driving force for Darth Vader? Love!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #24
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Saw it last night and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's pretty easy to nitpick this movie to death but it was entertaining for sure. I liked how fast paced it was, but I'm hoping for more character development in the next one.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #25
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post
Saw it last night and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's pretty easy to nitpick this movie to death but it was entertaining for sure. I liked how fast paced it was, but I'm hoping for more character development in the next one.

I suspect that is exactly what we'll get. Ray discovering her origins and why she has so much power. Kilo Ren reflecting on his actions and more interaction with the Overlord. Fin teaming up with Poe and going on an adventure.

It will be a middle movie like ESB and Clone Wars; building up to a climatic third movie. Just like Marvel, I can see Disney spinning off unique character movies as well. The Adventures of Poe and BB8. Fin and the Temple of Sith. Kilo Ren : Origins
Old 12-21-2015, 01:40 PM   #26
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Abrams: Hmmm, what can I do to make this movie cool?

Fuck it, Ill just make another death star and call it a day. These morons will eat it up
Old 12-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #27
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Abrams: Hmmm, what can I do to make this movie cool?

Fuck it, Ill just make another death star and call it a day. These morons will eat it up

Found your Facebook. Rad tats bro.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:26 AM   #28
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I suppose it's the cool hipster thing to say this movie sucked, because it sure as hell didn't.

I'll start of by saying I'm not a big 3D fan, but damn am I glad to spent the little bit extra to see it that way.

The movie was great, held my attention the entire time like a good movie should. That ending though was a bit of a let down. Not a single line of dialogue or actual...movement? I was expecting Luke to say something along the lines of "daughter", or atleast use the force to grab the lightsaber. Looks like whatever happened between him and Kylo has really made him resentful. How'd Maz get his lightsaber in the first place?

Definitely looking forward to the next one explaining a bit more of of the lingering questions, especially Rey's parents, there's so much speculation!
Old 12-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #29
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

This movie was a complete copy of the original

With enough hype the general population could be sold poop. Civet coffee is all the rage
Old 12-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #30
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
This movie was a complete copy of the original
Did you figure that out all on your own?

No fucking shit it followed the original story arch. The entire movie is a giant middle finger to the prequels. They even blow up the fucking senate to ensure we won't be listing to hours of dialog about midichlorians and bullshit politics no one cares about.

The movie was completely built around the idea of pandering to original fans and those that hated the prequels. Mission accomplished. This is the movie people wanted. They wanted a New New Hope, not a completely new bullshit Phantom Menace.