Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
findmea240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
findmea240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Odd SR20DET Injector Problem. Any ideas?

Ok so i went to go start up my SR20DET as i just built a new one and when i went to start it and begin the break in process it was only firing on two cylinders. So i did the obvious checked for spark- Good, checked plugs- Good. So then i went to fuel and what I found was the injectors for cylinders 2 and 3 were not firing. I had a new tune on an untested ecu so i switched the ecu with a known good one because i know some rom tunes end up frying injector drivers and had the same problem. This harness was not changed and had a sr20 in it running great before. I will begin to start tracing down from the injectors this weekend till i find the problem but wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on shortening that process. Thanks guys!
findmea240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
findmea240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
findmea240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok traced both injector wires all the way to the ecu. ALL GOOD?! Brand new deatschwerks so I doubt they are bad but will test. Any help?
findmea240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Make sure the wires leading into the injector harness clips haven't pulled themselves free. I had it happen to cyl.4 on me. The wires all looked good but the ground wire had freed itself just enough to look like it was plugged but out enough that it lost contact with the injector. Hope that's it.