Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:54 AM   #61
mbmbmb23
Zilvia Contributor

Trader Rating: (1)
mbmbmb23 is on the path to ruinmbmbmb23 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I believe there is no RWD $25k market because the target market for those type of cars are happy buying a used Supra or slightly used WRX, RX8, etc.

-m
Old 12-29-2006, 07:41 AM   #62
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
^
I don't believe that to be completely true. Not everyone wants used cars.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #63
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
Autoblog is reporting about 240/200sx/Silvia rumors now. I consider them to a be a very good source too.I like that if they find the info they have to be false or not accurate they will change or get rid of it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/15/n...a-replacement/

Same news over at Leftlane.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/12/...00sx-sucessor/
DId everybody already forget about this? And the one with the glass see through roof?
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #64
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan
DId everybody already forget about this? And the one with the glass see through roof?
Noonetens to me...
Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM   #65
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I know in 5-10 years when I can afford to buy a new car I definitely will. I want a car with 0 miles on it so I can know everything that has ever happend to it. I'm sick of other peoples problems/mistakes/negligence.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #66
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
The kabura looks like an rx-8 hatchback. looking good though

What nissan needs to do is follow suit already and fucking being direct injection stateside. Mazda, Audi, etc. have been capitalizing on this shit recently and Nissan's just missing out. *-HR engines + direct injection and vvl = winning shit.

I think i'd take a less edgy Urge than the Foria. But I would rather take the updated 510 than any of them.

fuck it, used Elise here i come
Old 12-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #67
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
^^^ I've been pissed for quite sometime now that the VQ series is not direct injected. Toyota has even done it now but they were lazy and it only runs on the DISI injectors as primaries (low RPM). It cuts emissions seriously so there is enough of a reason to do it.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #68
~4N~
Leaky Injector

~4N~ is making a name for him/her self~4N~ is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ~4N~
The Foria resembles a whale, and the Kabura looks like the RX-8's ugly sibling.
I'm not a big fan of the new car styling trends. Triangular headlights, ugly tall body, huge wheels, and huge high front ends. New cars look like battering rams. The 350Z looks awesome like that, but now that every new car coming out looks like a variant of the 350Z, it's getting way played out.
I love the 240's low stealthy sloping profile.

Last edited by ~4N~; 01-01-2007 at 11:46 PM..
~4N~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:45 AM   #69
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~4N~
The Foria resembles a whale, and the Kabura looks like the RX-8's ugly sibling.
I'm not a big fan of the new car styling trends. Triangular headlights, ugly tall body, huge wheels, and huge high front ends. New cars look like battering rams. The 350Z looks awesome like that, but now that every new car coming out looks like a variant of the 350Z, it's getting way played out.
I love the 240's low stealthy sloping profile.
How old are you by the way? I find alot of people in their early/mid 30's dont care for the newer styles. I personally think the Kabura is the best looking car I've seen in a long ass time. I'll even go as far as to say its a lot better looking than the 350z. One car I cant stand as far as looks is the Lancer Evo. Gees... Thats one ugly car.
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #70
~4N~
Leaky Injector

I'm 18, haha, and I think the Evo is hot, well, at least better looking than the new STi.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #71
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama
How old are you by the way? I find alot of people in their early/mid 30's dont care for the newer styles.
I find this to be true also. Though I'm not quit 30 (27 to be exact), I like a lot of the newer style cars. I do prefer the lower beltlines, lower cowels, etc. I think car designs now push the limits of car design more then ever before (retro crap designs aside ).

I look forward to what lies in store. Cars are becoming more dependable, and the bang for your buck ration is awsome.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #72
~4N~
Leaky Injector

RWD Toyota FT-HS concept. It's supposed to have at least 400 hp.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #73
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
g35 + gtr + cube-ish lights + crack

it looks pretty cool, i guess
Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #74
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
RWD Toyota FT-HS concept. It's supposed to have at least 400 hp.

http://www.zilvia.net/f//showthread.php?t=124329
Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #75
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Ugh, what's with almost every new car looking like a piece of smoothed lard. I hate the way auto design is going, I liked the straight lines of the 90's. Oh well, times change. I suppose the era of light weight, rwd, turbo sportscars that are cheap is gone. I can't think of a single current production car that I'd buy other than an IX Evo or STi... I hate the way the 350z looks (too goddamn round) and the RX8 doesn't have enough power.
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #76
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo
Ugh, what's with almost every new car looking like a piece of smoothed lard. I hate the way auto design is going, I liked the straight lines of the 90's. Oh well, times change. I suppose the era of light weight, rwd, turbo sportscars that are cheap is gone.
S14's, Supra's, RX-7's, 300ZX's, 3000GT's...weren't cheap.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #77
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Quote:
S14's, Supra's, RX-7's, 300ZX's, 3000GT's...weren't cheap.
This is true - however they're all lighter weight than normal (except the 3kgt), have beefy internals, not filled with electronics, and completely overengineered. (I was mostly thinking of the SW20 MR2, FD RX7, and S13 240) There isn't that much of a choice now - you've got the Evo and STi if you want to make power cheap.
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #78
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
looks like a boat, it needs fore and aft lights and a mast.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #79
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo
This is true - however they're all lighter weight than normal (except the 3kgt), have beefy internals, not filled with electronics, and completely overengineered. (I was mostly thinking of the SW20 MR2, FD RX7, and S13 240) There isn't that much of a choice now - you've got the Evo and STi if you want to make power cheap.
The point of this thread though was not actually the Toyota, but that cars that are leightweight, RWD, and inexpensive are coming back out. There are plenty of cars that are going to fill these voids in the near future. I've named off a good 4-5 models so far that I'm aware of.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #80
~4N~
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Sorry, I had a feeling it could be a repost.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #81
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I know we've had some other threads bout different cars lately, but I didn't want to start another one specifically.

Seems Hyundai Tiburon could be next. Based off their new Genesis sedan. There's could possibly compete with the G37, and 335 though; [raises eyebrow]

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/28/c...drive-tiburon/
Old 03-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #82
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
BMW 1-series coupe.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...50&idg=2&idi=3
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #83
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
its gonna be waaay overpriced
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #84
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Way to step up Hyundai!

Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #85
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Updates from R&T posted on Autoblog today. RX-7 styling after the Kabura and a real Toyota sports car are ont he way:

"When the newest issue of Road & Track arrived in our mailbox, we were impressed that the 60th anniversary issue was sport compactalicious. The cover sports the new Mitsubishi EVO X alongside a photochopped '08 Impreza STI, and the inevitable shootout consists of the Civic Si, MazdaSpeed3, MINI Cooper S, Sentra SE-R Spec V and the VW GTI.

What was more interesting was one of the subtitles proclaiming that a new RX-7 is in the works by Mazda and that Toyota is (finally) beginning to develop an honest-to-God sports car based off the Lexus IS platform.

As for the RX-7, R&T's inside sources say that due to slowing sales of the RX-8, the engineers at Mazda are hard at work improving the 13B rotary's output. If (when?) the new RX-7 debuts, it will be powered by this new and improved Renesis, supposedly sporting an electrically assisted supercharger, much like the one found on the RX-8 Hybrid that debuted in Tokyo in 2003.

Additionally, the rumored RX-7 will grab styling cues from the Kabura concept (pictured) that was unveiled at Detroit in 2006 and will be built on the platform that underpins the MX-5/RX-8. Whether or not the next gen. 7 will come in a 2+2 configuration remains to be seen, but regardless, don't expect anything until the end of the decade."
Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #86
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

OK folks. More 240 successor rumors. This time coming from Autocar.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/07/b...oupe-redesign/

Just wanted to keep you posted. I'd be willing to bet a few bucks wee see a more production ready car during this the 07/08 car show tour.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #87
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Nissan has been putting out some pretty decent looking cars lately, I hope they seriously DON'T base any car off the urge concept. That car is barf city.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #88
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
have you seen the hyundai commercial, where they quickly show all their platforms/cars at the end. it showed a weird coupe.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #89
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
^^^ probably new tiburon?

havent seen the commercial
Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #90
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The Official 240sx Successor thread

Ok since Nissan is actually talking about it now there's gonna be a million more threads coming soon. So let's make it official.

It's supposedly going to take sytling cues from the Urge Concept shown at the NAIAS in 2005.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/07/b...oupe-redesign/