Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
wiring stereo deck!

well, i did a little today and got the 2 rear speakers to work, but damn are they blown to hell, also the speakers in the front were raped to hell, so i have to go buy new speakers tomorrow

but anyways to the point, i noticed i have 2 red/black wires, 2 red/blue wires, and 2 blue wires... is this normal?

with the car completely off the 2 red/black wires both get power, and with the ignition on they still both get power, using a testing light..

hmmm so pretty much if i wired up the deck using both the red/black wires the stereo stays on even with the car completely off...

i used this

Constant 12V+: Red/Black
Switched 12V+: Blue
Ground: Chassis
Illumination: Red/Blue
Dimmer: Red/Yellow
Antenna Trigger: Black/Red
Antenna Left Rear

Front Speakers 4" x 6" Doors
Left Front (+): Blue/White
Left Front (-): Blue/Yellow
Right Front (+): Brown
Right Front (-): Brown/White

Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+): Red
Left Rear (-): Green
Right Rear (+): Blue
Right Rear (-): Pink

i tried using the red/black wire and the blue wire and the deck didn't turn on .. hmm anyone know what could be wrong?
Options13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #2
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
go look up the wiring diagram for the head unit itself. It will explain all. With what you are giving us, you wont get far. what model head unit is it?

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #3
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
yeah i have been lookin at it, i guess im just going to go to the store tomorrow and ask them about it, its the iDA-x300 alpine
Options13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #4
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What is year/make/model of the car?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
rotation3x
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
rotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rotation3x
There should be a yellow wire coming off the deck that goes to your red/black, that is the constant wire. You need to find the ignition power wire which is only powered with the ign switch turned on.
rotation3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The duplicate constant, illumination, and ignition wires are for an extra plug that goes to the slave deck, either a cassette, single CD, 3CD player, or the 6disc indash. All Nissan cars have the extra plug behind the radio, usually taped back in the harness. Leave them loose and insulated or tie them together with their counterparts, doesn't matter.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
All Nissan cars have the extra plug behind the radio, usually taped back in the harness. Leave them loose and insulated or tie them together with their counterparts, doesn't matter.
This is assuming a lot, i.e. that we're talking about a Nissan.

I don't think even you are that omniscent
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
This is assuming a lot, i.e. that we're talking about a Nissan.

I don't think even you are that omniscent
All the wire colors match up the S13 chassis, Nissan mixes and matches colors per vehicle so I'd have to say it's not anything else.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote