Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #61
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusker View Post
Glad to see you haven't given up.

Update!
Definitely thought about just getting rid of it but can't bring myself to do it just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Good stuff. All the right pieces too. This car is just a few coats of fresh paint away from being dope.

Any ideas on color?
Thanks!

Color is not set in stone but I want some type of black with very small flake. as I want to go with bronze wheels once again. My buddy has a shop where I'll get the car painted so I have pretty much endless option on color.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2016, 11:19 PM   #62
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sexy style looks good
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #63
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

3 year hiatus

So I forgot I had started this and it's been over three years lol I've gotten back into working on the car for a few months now so I figured I'd update it now that I found it. I probably missed quite a few things but I'll try to get as much as I can.

Last I left off, I had just started working at a "real job" after college. A buddy from college referred me to the place where he was working at and I got hired. Not exactly what I had planned but it was something. I've been promoted three times now so can't complain.

First thing I did was buy a reliable vehicle. Having previously had about 4-5 Toyota pick-ups/Tacoma's for my dad's business and driven an 04 single cab, short bed, non-prerunner while in college, I decided to buy the same just a bit roomier. My uncle happen to be selling his super clean 06 sr5 4x2 at the time so I bought it.

Other than that I didn't really do much but save money (this was smart me- it didn’t last too long). Fast forward to about April/May 2016 and I was lucky enough to find two different pairs of matching clean, OG bronze TEs in the specs that I wanted on YAJ. The auctions were about three weeks apart so I got quite lucky. A quick message to Streeter in each case and both auctions were won.

17x9j +0 and 18x10.5j +15

I was skeptical to buy pairs since the shade of bronze changed over the years (around 2006ish from what I could find) and I wanted the older, lighter bronze. I made sure the build date was pre-2005 to be safe. If I recall correctly, these are 1999 and 2004.

They fit fine on that car. Rears quarters were pulled a lot (quite bad) and I just added camber to the front.

After getting the fronts I dialed in the fitment.

At this point I just started collecting parts and not really working on the car. I bought a red Bride Zeta III XL and Brix 1.5, D-Max Dual Revolver exhaust, Miracle X-Bar, among other things.

Around August 2016, I decided to start working on paint and my brother flew down from Portland to help with the engine as part of his high school senior project.

We did not finish the engine and for some reason I decided to part out the shell. I wasn't sure if I would sell all the parts at this point but if I were to keep them, I wanted to get a cleaner shell. I removed everything and sold it to a scrapyard. This was my first car so it was tough to say the least.

One of the first people I met the in the community was Daniel (not me lol) whom I had bought an ARC side mount intercooler in summer of 2012. He had a white Sil-eighty that he owned since 2001 and it had been sitting since about mid-2011. Back when I first met him, I had asked if he wanted to sell the shell to let me know and I would take it. Well when I decide to get rid of the black shell, I made an IG post that got posted to my Facebook and Daniel commented stating that he was thinking about selling his car but thought he would make more money by parting it out. I told him I would take the shell and we made a deal. I had the scrapyard pick up the black shell on Friday night, I loaded all my parts (tools, front and rear subframe/suspension and engine along with a hoist) and drove to his house Saturday morning to begging the tear down of his car. I brought my parts to swap to the shell at his house since I didn’t have much room at home. I took apart his car and installed my parts in one day. I was so happy once it was home.

Now that is was at home, I had to figure out how to fit the wheels under stock metal.

At this point, I had battle version arms in the rear, and some weird combination of DIY and PBM ver1 knuckle/lca at the front. I was tired of having to switch the suspension set up every time I got new wheels so I decided to just get all new Part Shop Max parts. These would give me all the adjustability that I would ever need. I first bought the RUCA, traction and toe for the rear. Then I decided to buy RLCA, and the front knuckle set up.

Sometime after, I decided to buy their coilovers too. These are their Comp model with KPI adjustment in the front. I opted to buy swift springs for them as well.

While I was installing this I decided to clean up and coat the underside of the car. I hate working on dirty cars/parts so this was a must. This will tie in later. I got the rear to fit a little better with more adjustment and a pull.

I then bought some lmgt4s off YAJ that turned out to be bent. I later sold these to @__DZD__ on IG. He got them fixed and is running them on his car at the moment. At this point my hunt for 10.5J LMGT4s started.

I also picked up a pair of 18 inch Panasports C5Cs. One had a bent lip but I was planning on relipping them to 10.5J +15 anyways. I should have done more research though. Turns out there really isn't any low disk 18s(these were mid) so I would only be able to run like a 2 inch lip at the rear. I was not happy. These just sat in storage until recently when I sent them to my brother up in Portland so he can run them on his LS400. He plans to run a 18/19 stagger so I can't wait to see them on his car.

My time frame is a bit off but this should bring me to mid 2017ish. I didn't really do much from 2017-mid 2018.

I had gotten a new promotion at work and decided to get a new truck in early 2017. I got a 2017 Tacoma Off Road 4X4. This was a huge mistake lol I still have it but don't really recommend anyone to buy one. In mid 2018,I bought TEs for it.

I started working on the car and got it to this point.

Last edited by dluevanos01; 09-03-2019 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Resized all the pictures
dluevanos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:38 PM   #64
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

I don't think I have pictures or video but I got it to run. WOOHOO... or not! Turns out the engine had a blown headgasket.

I took it out and dropped all the parts to get cleaned and machined for a full rebuild. Since I've had back luck with SRs, I figured I'd rebuild it so I can learn along the way in case I need to do it again. Which I probably will.

In early 2019, I purchased a set of black LMGT4s in 17x9.5j+12 and 18x9.5j+12. I then had them redone by Bulletproof Coatings in their "Volk Bronze". The color match is really good but it's done after the later, darker bronze that Rays still uses today.

I also ordered a Koguchi Power hood. I don't really have pictures of when I got it.

Then in May, I decided to get the silver set of LMGT4s that was posted on here from Canada in 18x9.5j+12 and 18x10.5j+15. I'm looking for a pair of 17x9.5j+12 in OG silver to make a 17/18 set up if anyone reading this has or knows of any for sale.

Quick test fit when I got them

This kinda brings us up to date. I have been working on different projects for the engine and I will post those as I complete them. I have the car "ready" for an engine but at this point, I want to start over and do it right.

I sold the the sexy style kit to a friend a few days ago and will be ordering new aero through Streeter on Monday. I am looking at shops to have the car painted when the aero comes in. If you know any quality shops in SoCal, let me know! I also plan to focus on the interior while I am at it too.

I'm hoping progress is relatively quick so I'll try to keep this updated if there is any interest.

Last edited by dluevanos01; 09-03-2019 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Resized all the pictures.
dluevanos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #65
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so much LMGT4 so much love.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #66
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice build! Why no love for the new Tacoma?
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:35 AM   #67
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Was this car on hoonigan several months ago?
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #68
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all* View Post
so much LMGT4 so much love.
LMGT4 is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Nice build! Why no love for the new Tacoma?
Thanks! The 3rd gen Tacoma, is essentially a 2nd gen with a sluggish engine/trans and more expensive. The options on it suck too. No seat height adjustability, no power seats, steering wheel adjustment is less than like 2 inches, I can go on an on lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Was this car on hoonigan several months ago?
No, this car hasn't moved in about about 3 years lol what video are you referring to?
Old 09-19-2019, 07:56 PM   #69
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
This thing is on it's way to be suuuuuper rad.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #70
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
This thing is on it's way to be suuuuuper rad.
Thanks!

No real update. I've just been waiting for aero and other parts from Streeter/YAJ/Nissan and looking for a few other things I need before paint (OEM Kouki/Type X lip, side skirts, valances, and new taillights).

I did get my first order from Nissan Parts though.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #71
240_

240_ is an unknown quantity at this point
nice wheels on your Tacoma, I have the same one in my 4runner but in green. and yes, those tacos are sluggish.
240_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:25 PM   #72
240_

240_ is an unknown quantity at this point
also, nice wheel collection in general!
240_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #73
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240_ View Post
nice wheels on your Tacoma, I have the same one in my 4runner but in green. and yes, those tacos are sluggish.
Nice! Both, army and British green look so good on TE's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240_ View Post
also, nice wheel collection in general!
Thanks!

Hopefully I'll have an update sometime later this week.