Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
chanchoflores

Trader Rating: (0)
chanchoflores is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trying to make a clean z31

So the journey begins in the summer of 2013 when i purchased my very first car!!! I had been working all summer to buy a car and wanted to buy a 240sx or a miata, but my dad showed me a z31. i had never even seen a z31 but when i saw it i fell in love. i bought a 1986 300zx NA with 136,000 miles for $1200

Super excited after buying the Z!!
(Sorry for crappy pics! HQ pics will be farther down)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I knew the first thing that i had to do was get rid of that oxidized hood. Made my car look like crap.
[IMG][/IMG]
Started sanding it down, primed it, and then rattle canned it BLACK!!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The next thing that i did was buy some new wheels. I knew that i wanted to go lower and i thought why not go with 18's. The car looked like a monster truck so i also decided that i would lower it on the cheaps.
Picked up these wheels for 200$ (later sold them for 200$)
[IMG][/IMG]

I finally was able to pass the shoe test

[IMG][/IMG]

Right about then is when I decided to go to my first car meet. me and my dad were to go to Cars and Coffee in Carlsbad. We never made it. About 3 mins away we lost the clutch petal. it would just go straight to the floor even when being pumped, so we had to call for a toe and the meet ended before we could go.
Pics while waiting for the toe truck
[IMG][/IMG]

When we got home and did some research, we found out that it could either be the master or slave clutch cylinder. i waited for about a week until i was able to get the parts and then i installed them with the help of my dad. sorry no pics of that.

Decided that i would work on the interior while it was running better and god an ebay "DRIFT" steering wheel and some Cipher Auto bucket seats.
[IMG][/IMG]
I needed to make my own seat brackets which wasnt too hard
[IMG][/IMG]
chanchoflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
chanchoflores

So it has been a while since i have posted on the build. i have gotten side tracked because ive been busy with selling my 200sx and picking up an 1984 e30 318i, but i havent forgotten about the Z!

so after i went through my 18 inch phase i decided that i want to be low so i would switch to some crager steelies 15x8 with a 0 offset. went with some 185/65/15 peiellie tires and then decided to buy some EMUSA s13 coilovers. i also got a neon green tow strap and got creative with plasti dip. black steelies turned to white and a rising sun appeared

Old 09-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
chanchoflores

I thought my car was the cleanest thing when i looked at it and i went through my JDM ricer phase and spray painted over the white plasti dip with neon green. looking bac it looked horrible.

I eventually peeled the plasti dip, or as much as i could because the spray paint made it chip off and not peel. so i ended up driving with wheels that looked like they were black miked with green.

started to get tired of my car and i thought that i would sell it. got an offer for 1000 and thats when i decided to keep it and try to make a clean z31. so i got to sanding and sanded the crap out of the car for about a week and went to home depot got a car of gray rustoleum oil based house paint and then went to harbor freight and painted the car in my garage. it was a long day and for my first time ever painting a car i would say it came out alright.

Started going to meets again and did some shoots with some friends

Old 09-11-2015, 06:43 AM   #4
_tony_s13

_tony_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
paint doesn't look bad at all and I love the steelies, although you should have never painted them that neon green color and my favorite pics of the car you've posted up were the shots with the red body, black hood, white wheels, and that rising sun you had on the right headlight. good luck im looking forward to seeing where you take this thing and ill stay tuned bro
_tony_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #5
chanchoflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tony_s13 View Post
paint doesn't look bad at all and I love the steelies, although you should have never painted them that neon green color and my favorite pics of the car you've posted up were the shots with the red body, black hood, white wheels, and that rising sun you had on the right headlight. good luck im looking forward to seeing where you take this thing and ill stay tuned bro
Thanks man. Yeah I miss the red sometimes but I still haven't gotten to the good part of the build
Old 09-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #6
chanchoflores

so i drove around like this and went to meets for about two months, got bored and made a stupid roof rack.
sorry for shitty pics

right about here is when i got really bored of the car and was trying to think of somthing to do that would get attention, but also be fun..... so i went wide!!

needed to get some new wheels so i went online ans searched. eventually found these

got them shipped for free and then took the tires off of my brother old wheels and stuck them one these. theywere old 215/60/15s

so they dont make any flares or wide body parts for z31s so i got some ZG flares.. the day they shipped
Old 09-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #7
chanchoflores

So it took a while for all the right parts to get to my house to go wide. i started on the front and it took a while because i didnt have a cut of disk and i was using a grinder.

stacked two spacers together to see where i needed to cut

test fit with the old rims

the wheels got mounted and this was how it sat for the night. eventually lowered it and took off the front spacer

then we moved on to the rears the next day

drift spares!!

while i was working one of my hommies showed up.. you guys probably know him.

first wash and drive with the flares on

The pictures below are how she sits as of last sunday.
running 15x10 -38 offset with a 1.25 inch spacer on the rear, with falkon 205/60/15 all the way around. planning on working on my fitment soon and am going to be repainting soon also.

not sure if you guys want to see all of these pics but i took a drive through elfin Forrest with my cousin, brother and friends.

stay tuned big things hopefully coming soon!!
Old 09-12-2015, 10:23 PM   #8
SileightySR20DET

SileightySR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good man. keep it up and glwb. nice green civic btw
SileightySR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #9
carbon24
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
carbon24 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
my gf has a bone stock z31. i should show her this build. were the s13 coils direct bolt on or what modofications were made? pm me. great build btw. looks amazing
carbon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:30 AM   #10
Sinamex

Sinamex is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick build
Sinamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
_tony_s13

_tony_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
we want moar!!!!!
_tony_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #12
chanchoflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tony_s13 View Post
we want moar!!!!!
I'm trying haha. I got some things planned but I'm kinda busy with my e30 build and I'm making a monthly week so once everything slows down in about a week I should be posting.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #13
chanchoflores

ive been kinda busy with making my own meet and not much has happened to the car well nothing good.

one of my hommies wanted to take some picture of my car to build up his portfolio and these were this saturady.

then this sunday on the way home from a meet in escondido called squad sundays my hood flew up on the freeway. sucks, i was just starting to like the car, but no worries im going to be getting a new hood and hopefully will get a 87 front bumper and i will also be making some side skirts and a rear diffuser. the car will come back better than ever!!!

drove home with the hood off and then kicked it to shape. #becauseracecar #driftcar
Old 10-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #14
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
At least you removed that illest emblem.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:21 AM   #15
chanchoflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
At least you removed that illest emblem.
I removed that the day I brought it home haha.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #16
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Any idea if the new rims will clear the ZX nonTT calipers?
Old 10-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #17
chanchoflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Any idea if the new rims will clear the ZX nonTT calipers?
The new wheels will fit without spacers and will clear the calipers. I'm not running any spacers up front. I believe any wheel with an offset of 0 or less will fit with no problem
Old 10-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #18
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Nice, you sure they will clear the 300ZX calipers though since they're a lot bigger. Cuz I don't see the 300ZX calipers on your car is why I ask.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #19
chanchoflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Nice, you sure they will clear the 300ZX calipers though since they're a lot bigger. Cuz I don't see the 300ZX calipers on your car is why I ask.
I'm not too sure if they will clear the big brakes on the z32. They might. I know that they will fit on a z31 forsure unless the have the big brake kit from a z32