Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
SR S13 sr20det in a s14 running cold issus and hot starting issues

I know there's be a TON of thread about this already. I need to figure this out it's kill me.

Also pardon my English if it's messy. Also my motor skill isn't the best but that's why I'm on here. To learn!!

Okay I have a S13 SR20 fully build running with a PFC tuned by Steve.

Before and after the tune (we tuned it when it was 93F degrees outside) the motor would have a idling issues and feels like bogging the throttle just wouldn't response correctly while it was running cold till it warmed up all the way to 85c. But then it would run prefect even if I turned it off start it back up and it would be around 67c degrees it would run fine and idle. The issus is only there at a dead cold start.

My AFR during all of this looks fine. I've just replaced the coolant temp sensor. I know I want to look at my IACV but haven't gotten to it yet. The wiring looks good too. Idk what else atm to look at.

I've mess with the PFC and it really doesn't do anything then again I dunno what I'm doing actually...

Next new interested issues. When the car has been running and warmed up all the way I have problem starting it fuel doesn't get to motor. It cracks and everything just fine. But if I let it sit there for like 5 or 10mins with my fans on it'll start up again. The motor runs fine I can hit full boost still doesn't affect anything while driving just starting up again when the motor is fully warmed up.

I've replaced the fuel pump and the Gas cap. Replacing the cap did help a little but still the same problem.

I don't have a Fuel Pressure Gauge or a aftermarket rail or anything like that.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
I would check the iacv first for voltage rule out if the unit is actually working
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote