Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
1jz_240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
1jz_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Biggest little city s13 build

Hello zilvians. Ive been a long time lurker, long time s13 owner. My progress will be relatively slow, but faster than its ever been haha. Anyway, My name is Christian. I have owned me 240 for 6 years now, since I was 18. My username is cool and all but there will be no 1j's going in my 240, I made it when I was younger and thought this stuff was cheap. I wanted to share the life and progress of my car.

Here is my 91 240sx. I bought it from an older gentleman in Susanville, CA for $1,200. I had barely enough saved up and I had wanted this car since I was probably 11 years old. This was the day I bought her.

on the way home, I noticed that it wasn't accelerating as well as it should. Lucky me, the clutch went out right as I got back in to town. 2 transmission removals and a lot of thread reading and she was back up and running.

Then one summer morning, I was browsing zilvia and found these sweet 17 inch enkie something or others and wanted to be like all the other cool kids, so I drove to sac to get these things for like $150.

making my car now look like this

and had me feelin hard in my flip flops, posted up next to my whip.

then one Christmas, my parents got me some megan lowering springs and then boom, we were stanced up or whatever.

then I realized I hated black on white because you cant see anything so I did what most high school kids did at that time and powder coated them this ridiculous teal color and I thought I was even more cool somehow.

I graduated from high school with the car looking like this in 2010. That summer I picked up a shell from the guy who powder coated the wheels with a red top sr20 in it for something like $1500. I thought it was a good deal and instead of saving and buying parts to complete the swap, I started ripping stuff out. I should have just drove it until the KA blew but whatever. Lesson learned. so my brother and I then installed the motor in our parents driveway one day and this was the result. I wish I had more pictures of the progress but they are on old phones.

During that summer I worked a little extra to buy things like the fmic and radiator and other things like downpipe and whatnot. Then I got sidetracked and unmotivated with other things in life and the car sat like this for the last 4, almost 5 years.

so here is where she sat for a long long time. nothing being done.

Fast forward and I put things off because I met a girl, decided I wanted to marry her and saved up all my car money and bought her a ring. We got married in September, did the honeymoon thing, did adult things like bought a house, remodeled it and got a puppy and whatever.

this was my project the last few months.

So fast forward and some time in between us getting the house and dealing with that, my wife and I entered Varrstoens "VTandChill" competition where you post a picture on instagram of a creative date night themed photo and somehow we won! the price was that you got to choose any of there wheels that were in stock. These weren't my first choice but I chose the ES2 18x9.5 +22. A couple weeks later and they were waiting for me at the door.

this was the picture we submitted with the help of my cousin who is in to photography luckily.

All of the sudden, I was motivated and wanted to see this through. Luckily my wife supports this hobby so hopefully we will see the car running by summer.

After the wheels came in, I bought some coilovers from ISR performace (or ISIS) and 5 lug hub conversion from cantono (240sxconversion.com) and for the last few weeks I have been doing that and learning as I go.

finally able to mount them and they look awesome! just need tires.

tax season came and my wife and I made a deal, she gets furniture and some other stuff for the house, I get car parts. works for me. went and picked up some cheap sentury wheels from discount tire and got them mounted. 225/40/18. headed home and ready to see this thing on its own feet for the first time in a month or so.

so then yesterday I knocked out the last coilover and 5 lug hub and sat her down. I fell back in love with my car! stoked on the outcome and suoer excited to see where the future takes me.

this leads us to the current state of my car.

next goals: rear camber arms. still need to roll the fenders and tuck the wiring harness up farther behind the front fenders. Figure out how to get the exhaust off the ground.

goals after next: start collecting parts for the motor, put it back together, hear her for the first time in a long time.

Long term goals: type x all the things. Be more like CamryOnBronze (have a little crush on your car)

thanks for reading! ill update more as I go and hope you guys keep me accountable for moving forward with this. I can get bored and discouraged easily so I need help haha. Later!
1jz_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #2
1jz_240
Leaky Injector

1jz_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
someone help, there is a bolt broken off in the motor, not allowing me to put the exhaust manifold on properly until it is fixed. Is there a way I can do that myself?
1jz_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #3
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Where's the bolt broken off? You can get reverse drill bits or YouTube search how to remove broken bolts
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:48 AM   #4
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cars looking good man, nice work. Go giants.
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote