Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
Bugeye

Trader Rating: (0)
Bugeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bugeye's TT Z32 & S13 Build Thread

okay so my post keeps not showing up, and my OP completely vanished. no sure if its a site issue or my computer is messed up..so lets try this again...
im pretty big into autocross. had an s2000 and a 350z that i loved, but wanted something a little different, so last year i started looking for 240s. it was hard to find a clean one without rust around here, so i settled on one locally that i was told was relatively clean.
heres pics from the for sale ad

"everything works except the AC, its perfect other than that" said the previous owner.
LIES.
showed up, it needed an alternator, windshield. it idled funny, every gear grinded. half the lights worked. the interior was garbage. but there was no rust, had a 5 lug swap, and coils, so i talked him down and bought it.
drove it to my buddies garage to fix the idle, got new injector o rings and pillows, plugs and wires. and i also picked up some interior pieces he had laying around.
the idle was fixed...but the timing chain was so loose that it was smacking into the valve cover. so i parked it until i could get a new timing kit ordered.
then when i got the parts it wouldnt start. it would crank and crank but no fire.
so i ended up having to get it towed to my buddies other garage, a 240 in its natural environment.

painted the valve cover from this ugly green..

to this ugly red..

long story short, i sold the KA, it was garbage. leaked from every seal, and all the bolts were stripped.
so i got a new one. also picked up a welded diff ready to go in.

at this point the engine is literally just sitting in there...my old engine mounts were shot, so i ordered new ones before we bolted the new KA in and everything, then some junkie stole them out of my girlfriends car...so im currently waiting on another set in the mail.
bought some MB battles locally to throw on it as well.

so this is how it sits at the moment. the holidays and finals and such have slowed down progress, but im starting to get stuff together again so hopefully more progress can be made relatively soon. figured since we have the engine out, may as well clean up the bay and respray it black. Throwing around the idea of tubbing it as well, depends how much free time i can find. (college and work make it hard to get stuff done)

heres my Z. its a 1990, T top, 5 speed, twin turbo. Never thought id own one of these but ended up trading my GSXR1000 for it. its got right at 97k miles on it. It was pretty ricey when i got it. had a stillen wing, stillen nose piece, aftermarket front bumper, konig wheels, and really dark window tint. it also has an HKS catback, as well as a 6 puck clutch that is miserable to drive.
only pic i have from the PO, before he put the CF hood on.

i dont have any pics of the day i got it, and the first thing i did was put the factory nose piece back in and pull off the stillen wing.

then i put the factory hood back on, and put my wheels from the 240 on it to get rid of the konigs.

so thats how they sit right now. my plan for the Z is just a full exhaust, coils, and nice wheels, and have a pretty clean car. the interior is mint and so is the body for the most part, so i dont want to do anything too crazy with it.

12-27-15
ordered black path engine mounts for the 240. and for the 300, my girlfriend picked up a set of isis rear toe arms from enjuku for me, so I ordered the matching camber arms, since i may as well do it all at once. as soon as they get here theyre getting powder coated dormant purple.
also had my buddy pick up some amsoil for the Z.

Last edited by Bugeye; 01-10-2016 at 10:12 AM..
Bugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2015, 12:33 AM   #2
2F0-T
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
2F0-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ayee

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
2F0-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 PM   #3