Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
bahlorm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bahlorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The s13 heading towards a whole new direction.

Hey everyone, so I guess I'll just start off with my story behind this car. I bought it 2 years ago for 1500 dollars looking like this. For 1500 dollars, I got a 1990 240sx with a horribly fit Silvia front end, stock sr20, j30 diff, swift sprints, agx struts, and still unknown brakes.

Several changes have been made since then. It's been plastidipped. It's been painted white. The stock turbo blew, so I went with a gt2871r and an enthalpy tuned ecu. The suspension has been all replaced but the struts and springs.

Then this happened.
I was bored, in the garage, with a saw thinking "what can I do to make this car more fun? I know, let's make it a go kart!"
I've had no experience at all with roll cages, but the best way to learn is to research and do it. After about 6 months of research, and countless hours on youtube. Mostly on the fabricator channel. I started getting to work.
I got me a woodward tube bender, and found I had no way to mount it. Since I rent right now, I couldn't drill holes in the garage. So I did the next best thing.

I used the car to make the car.
Surprisingly enough, it worked.

I do wish I got a few more pictures during the process, but unfortunately this is all I have. It's still a work in progress. But even as it sits, it's well worth the time invested. I took it down the road last weekend and it's by far, the most fun I ever had in a car before.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
bahlorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links