Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 12-27-2002, 08:09 PM   #1
akcel

Trader Rating: (0)
akcel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need more sub categories

see the nasioc forums..
instead of throwing all the technical stuff together how about seperating suspension and handling from performance? stuff like that
akcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2002, 02:07 AM   #2
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

gschroeder78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gschroeder78
I disagree. You learn more if you keep it all together.
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
gschroeder78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 05:46 AM   #3
akcel

akcel is an unknown quantity at this point
how do u learn more the unorganized posts?
akcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 05:55 AM   #4
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

gschroeder78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gschroeder78
Quote:
Originally posted by akcel
how do u learn more the unorganized posts?
It's just my opinion but I believe in a general Tech section, your more likely to stumble onto something that you wouldn't have normal gone out of your way to read. Sometimes you read a thread because it's there and your surprised to learn something you didn't know or teach someone else something they didn't know. If you make a separate section for engines and suspension your less likely to "stumble" onto new information. I do it all the time and I know I'm not the only one.
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
gschroeder78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 06:07 AM   #5
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally posted by gschroeder78
It's just my opinion but I believe in a general Tech section, your more likely to stumble onto something that you wouldn't have normal gone out of your way to read. Sometimes you read a thread because it's there and your surprised to learn something you didn't know or teach someone else something they didn't know. If you make a separate section for engines and suspension your less likely to "stumble" onto new information. I do it all the time and I know I'm not the only one.
agreed, if you seperate up the tech, and give it sub catagories like suspension, boost, NA, etc. then some forums would have LESS post in each catagory and would be a waste, i see it on all the other forums they have a bunch of tech catagories with barely any post in one catagory and a bunch in another, dont forget people will post in the WRONG forum, suprisingly it happens. and i have to agree with gschroeder78, ive stumbled into a post and learned new things all the time, personally if you did seperate it up, i would probably never go into the NA, or Suspension. IMO i think i would be a waste of time, but thats wat i think
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 11:09 PM   #6
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
i personally think more topics would be made in each subcategory if more were made. in the other forums i go to, there a bunch of the subcategories and it seems people are more apt to talk about that certain subject.

for instance, some people on here love their 240SX's but aren't much into performance. so when they come to this forum every couple days, the chance of actually seeing a audio type of topic is slim. but if their is an audio topic to post in, there might be more participation and discussion. just a thought.

02 Blazer X - 90 240SX w/SR

oh noes
whateverjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:49 PM   #7
Mark & Irena

This all depends on the rest of the members too. We'll give it some thought, try and get some more opinions on this. We'll keep you guys updated.